• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Sarix

Smash Ace
I would love to... unfortunately that's not likely as Vox has overprotective parents and Torvus won't bother to practice till the semester starts. :(

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Yooo Tom. When I'm working on improving/learning my game, I watch smash videos from recent tournaments. It helps everyone to a different extent, but in case it helps, this weekend at Impact Vinnie used G&W in one of the matches vs Anti. You can watch and see how he mixes it up and handles different things. He loses the match but there is still a lot of good stuff in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1XiOScPypU&feature=player_detailpage#t=470s

If you want more vids, or want me to talk about some stuff that you can add to your gameplay from the video, just say the word.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Yooo Tom. When I'm working on improving/learning my game, I watch smash videos from recent tournaments. It helps everyone to a different extent, but in case it helps, this weekend at Impact Vinnie used G&W in one of the matches vs Anti. You can watch and see how he mixes it up and handles different things. He loses the match but there is still a lot of good stuff in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1XiOScPypU&feature=player_detailpage#t=470s

If you want more vids, or want me to talk about some stuff that you can add to your gameplay from the video, just say the word.
Your awesome Jason.

Anyways The first stock I feel as though Vinnie was reading the **** out of Anti. However, some stuff that I thought was pretty cool was the Dash Attack to bait the Air dodge to Grab. Idk if thats even supposed to work tho. Also I'd love to hear your opinion and advice on what to add.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Yeah I think dash attack good in certain situations because of its extended hitbox and weird knockback angle. I think one thing that you could work in is likeeee, G&W's aerials are really blocky so people want to shield them, or avoid them. If you jump at someone they're gonna think you're gonna hit them and might shield. Then you can land and grab, and follow up off your grab. It's good to mix that in based on how they're reacting to your aerials. Empty short hops are pretty good on G&W i think. Then if they commit to something you can hit them with an aerial, or just land and punish.

I can try to explain it better at Lordy's.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If there is a carpool from SE MI I'd love to go to West MI :3

Also, lordy should make a tourney thread imo

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Lordy didn't want a tourney thread because he wanted a smaller attendance/didn't want to give his adress to randoms

:phone:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Tom, who all are you bringing to the house tourney? I'm asking because of doubles.

We could start at 3, but I actually like starting at 5 better, and that way you can make it.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
lol as far as i know no one both chet and mike were planning on bringing the majority of Muskegon that would come.

Im just worried that running two events will cause us to be there all night. Im sure East Lansing would want to drive home Saturday Night. Im just thinking what would be best for everyone.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Neither event will take long lol.

But okay, let's say starting 3.

Who wants to team at this? (Looking at TC, Jason, fZk, Marco, Amity)

:yeahboi:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Iight.

It's tomorrow, $5 for both events. Try to get here by 3PM.

If anyone has any problems or can't make it for whatever reason, post here or text me.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Tech is coming up, me and my brother will be snagging him to and from the bus station.

So I'm taken for dubs.

Marco can't come, fzk said he is 50/50

Top Bottom