• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Well since you have the whole weekend off, what are the chances we could do it on sunday? I just really wanna have that Project M side event haha
I don't have sunday off thats why I wouldn't be able to go to East MI

but go ahead and have your side event idc about project M

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
I don't have sunday off thats why I wouldn't be able to go to East MI

but go ahead and have your side event idc about project M
Oh well I assumed you had the whole weekend off because of your post, but whatever. If you kept it the 13th then Tom is the only driver from Muskegon which leaves 3 spots open for his car. If you changed the date then there's potential for more people to show since I would be driving as well, and also people that would be more willing to come because of PM. Such as Robjoe and his brother and more people in Muskegon. Plus you would have my setup as an addition. I know we had all agreed on this as the date and people took work off for it already and Tech probably has his bus tickets already, but I don't think Tom should be the major factor of not changing it, just like I shouldn't be the major factor OF changing it. I know FZK likes PM and I really wanna play him. What does everyone else besides Tom think about changing the date?

RED6

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, if a different date would bring about more of an attendance, then I'm down for that. I'm down for whatever tho, gonna **** either way :yeahboi:

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
Anyone in west Michigan wanna have a smashfest this week?? I'd be down to drive. Torvus if I am around this weekend I'll come on Friday. I might be going back to visit my parents though :/

Theyre on Fridays right? Any day this week other than the weekend for sure is good with me. I have a slow couple of weeks ahead

Jawsome when are you gonna come party at state?? ^_^
:phone:
Also If this is a serious question I'm down for whenever. Personally I would love to come Halloween weekend. That'd be pretty hype haha. If not anytime that's good for you I can pretty much work with. PARTY AT STATE!!!!!!

Roller

Smash Legend
If it's on Sunday you will lose me, WTP, Zinoto, JTsm, tutu, (probably fzk and Marco too, not sure on that tho). All 7 currently plan to attend on the 13th.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I haven't purchased any tickets yet. I generally wait due to the always lingering probability of date change. I shouldn't be a determining factor because I should be able to go regardless of the weekend. Later WOULD be better for me though.

EDIT: Sunday tournament also prevents my attendance. If you want the MI heavy hitters..Saturday please.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
If it's on Sunday you will lose me, WTP, Zinoto, JTsm, tutu, (probably fzk and Marco too, not sure on that tho). All 7 currently plan to attend on the 13th.
I didn't know you guys were concrete on coming? In that case the 13th is way better and might even force me to cancel my plans for this :/ but only if we can party too.

Edit: I can't get it off. I have to do this on the 13th.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Wow really tho.

Change the date after we already had it set in stone. Thats cool man. Its not my fault you have otherstuff going on. I miss plenty of tourneys because of work and things and I never ask to change the date. If its not your priority don't complain that you cant make it.

I asked for work off for this and I don't see how its fair to throw me under the bus because you didn't plan

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
Wow really tho.

Change the date after we already had it set in stone. Thats cool man. Its not my fault you have otherstuff going on. I miss plenty of tourneys because of work and things and I never ask to change the date. If its not your priority don't complain that you cant make it.

I asked for work off for this and I don't see how its fair to throw me under the bus because you didn't plan
I was just looking out for what would be more fun and better for the tournament. If I was able to go, bring an extra setup, and more people then that would be better. I was asking from a majority standpoint to see if everyone was ok with moving it for this reason. Since East MI is coming over then it would be stupid to change since they are by far the best thing for this tournament and wouldn't be able to move their schedule. You're right, it is my fault. I scheduled two important things on the same day not really realizing it until just recently. Who hasn't done that before. I was just seeing if it wasn't such a big deal to people if we'd be able to move the date, something that Lordy had suggested we might be able to do. You were the only one who opposed this idea. I just really really wanted to go. And therefore tried making it other people's priority to make my wish come true. oh Well haha

fZk

Smash Lord
Well I'm showing up at Lordy's door on the 13th, I don't give a **** if it is for a tourney or to play with the stray cats that live outside.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm showing up at Lordy's door on the 13th, I don't give a **** if it is for a tourney or to play with the stray cats that live outside.
Juan I really wanna play you in Project M. Dakota was telling me about how awesome your Lucas was. Maybe whenever you and Marco host your Brawl tourney in Lansing I would be able to host a side P:M tourney possibly if you'd let me

Also since I can't make the 13th how does a smashfest on the 27th sound, possibly in Lansing with a party at State, if not how about Lordys? And who plans on going to Youmacon?

fZk

Smash Lord
Just so you guys know, since 'm probably the one driving form EL I can only fit 3 AA people in my car since I will also have Marco and I see 5 people wanting to go. You guys figure it out.

I want to cash in the teaming Julian owes me for this.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I wanna try and make one of these some day. It's a shame none of you play Smash 64 :(

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aw snap I better start planning ahead that'd be great, It's been hard to find locals and the Smash 64 forums are so dead that It's kind of a lost cause. I just can't get into Brawl that much as I can Smash but I know there's more local brawl players than Smash ones. You kinda ask for it when you're playing an 11 year old game in the first place.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
yeah theres not a lot of people who play 64 that i know of. Gio, me and thugz are the only people i know of who would go out of our way for just 64. yeah you should message me or something if you ever wanna play. I only live ~50 minutes away from grand rapids so id be down to drive over if you are free sometime to play.

did something happen kevin? lol. Im still planning on driving...

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Yes, keeping date on the 13th, this won't change.

I'm open for teaming, I'd be down to team again, Tech, but if you're looking for a different partner, no sweat.

Roller, if you can get people to agree to $10, I will change it. I know you guys wanna make your money back by coming up here. I will bounce the idea around myself, but I need feedback from everyone on that, I've always felt that $10 is a little steep especially for a house event.

fZk

Smash Lord
I vote to keep it at $5 because of the locals.

Also. Julian tells literally everyone that he'll team with them.
We were actually teaming and he bailed the day before the tourney (WTP"S House 2), I ended up teaming with Lain.

Plus while playing I'll whisper sweet nothings into his ear with my accent that he likes so much, you have no chance Bryan.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
...So what is going on?

If it's not going to be on the 13th, then I (or zinoto) might just host an AA tourney that day.
I didn't mean to cause any confusion by asking to change the date. My bad. I'm glad you guys are finally coming back over here for once, just salty I don't get to play :( . Just make sure you can help make West MI better. That's the main purpose of these house tourney's anyway. I'll be fine if I miss one event I guess :/ I was just being hopeful I guess and hoping we could change it. Roller we should play a bunch at Youma and party and stuff haha.

Roller

Smash Legend
$5 is fine Lordy, no need to change it. I just legitimately didn't know what entry was.

And I'm down for playing/partying @youma, Jawsome. :p

EDIT: Also, Juan, try getting bailed on by him at a regional. Then get back to me. ;)

(nobody mention that I told him he should team with the other guy)

ZTD | TECHnology

It seems very likely, I'll be moving over to West MI for school. Many of the schools that have extensive Bachelors for my major are all in Grand Rapids, Big Rapids or Kalamazoo lmao.

Also looks like Lordy is my static Western MI partner lol

lordhelmet

Smash Master
It seems very likely, I'll be moving over to West MI for school. Many of the schools that have extensive Bachelors for my major are all in Grand Rapids, Big Rapids or Kalamazoo lmao.

Also looks like Lordy is my static Western MI partner lol
:denzel:

If you move to GR, you'll always have :falcon:friends:falcon: here. My dad's house is down in KZoo, also.

ZTD | TECHnology

:denzel:

If you move to GR, you'll always have :falcon:friends:falcon: here. My dad's house is down in KZoo, also.
I decided that I'll go Ferris State in Grand Rapids if I go that route. They cover my major, its a majorish city so its easy to get to other bigger cities. And its got stuff going on. I could deal with that. None of the universities in this area really cover my major except for a few...and they're either religious schools or stupid expensive. So Ferris looked like a good option.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Not true, I tell the first person to ask that I'll team with them :denzel:. But I did kinda bail on Juan at that tourney and owe him for that.

Plus while playing I'll whisper sweet nothings into his ear with my accent that he likes so much, you have no chance Bryan.
You now how to treat me right :woman:

:phone:

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
How late are people staying. Is there a chance that I'd be able to catch people still playing at Lordy's house on Sunday

Top Bottom