• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Weapon Triangle: Unofficial Ike Matchup Number Topic

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
if ur gonna use ike, u should already know the match up probably isnt in ur favor. so **** **** up! its never over till its over with this dude. however sometimes its just over!:( this sum him up pretty will.

I swear he is speaking in piglatin. Translation please.

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
Lets look into the Ike/DK matchup shall we?

On the ground Ike's jab clanks with everything that isn't fsmash or down-b. Ike's jab is faster than anything DK has to my knowledge. Due to DK's weight Ike can pull off some decently long jab cancel strings. In the air Ike beats out DK if he is facing you because his fair is about the same speed as ours but less range. DK's nair is fast but the hitbox is very small. The biggest threat for Ike is DK's bair its fast and a decent sized hitbox. If Ike keeps his distance from DK his fair and nair can beat DK's bair.

In this matchup Ike can actually gimp DK better than DK can gimp him. Dtilt is essentially a stock loss for DK at any %. Dair is a stock loss from around 45%+. Aether edgeguard is also amazing against DK. DK has his WoP but Ike can survive that by DIing well and with his second jump. DK can fsmash and SA donkey punch out of aether but with good DI you can survive that till around 100% give or take.

All in all DK wins in speed, Ike beats DK in gimping, and they both kill each other around the same %s.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lets look into the Ike/DK matchup shall we?

On the ground Ike's jab clanks with everything that isn't fsmash or down-b. Ike's jab is faster than anything DK has to my knowledge. Due to DK's weight Ike can pull off some decently long jab cancel strings. In the air Ike beats out DK if he is facing you because his fair is about the same speed as ours but less range. DK's nair is fast but the hitbox is very small. The biggest threat for Ike is DK's bair its fast and a decent sized hitbox. If Ike keeps his distance from DK his fair and nair can beat DK's bair.

In this matchup Ike can actually gimp DK better than DK can gimp him. Dtilt is essentially a stock loss for DK at any %. Dair is a stock loss from around 45%+. Aether edgeguard is also amazing against DK. DK has his WoP but Ike can survive that by DIing well and with his second jump. DK can fsmash and SA donkey punch out of aether but with good DI you can survive that till around 100% give or take.

All in all DK wins in speed, Ike beats DK in gimping, and they both kill each other around the same %s.
I've played 3 good DKs... I'll say this, I don't land dtilt much since it is too situational to land. Most DKs Up B and grab the ledge right away. It's too fast for a dtilt.

DK Gimps Ike pretty easily. ftilt and fsmash aether is pretty ****.

Have you not read my analysis on DK?

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
Dtilt is more a stage dependent thing. As for ftilt to intercept aether can't you DI up at mid-high percents and grab the edge?

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
What if you time aether so the apex is directly at ledge level? Would fsmash still hit Ike?

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think Ike has a worse matchup with Lucario

Ike's jab game isn't shut down. but hurt since Lucario has jabs with disjointed hitboxes, he can combo Ike and move around him very very very easily. Lucario can CG Ike and Lucario doesn't have bad recovery either

Palpi

Smash Hero
I 100% disagree. The lucario match up is only bad if you have trouble killing him on first stock, it can be hard, but this thing says 65-35 and I think it should be 60-40 lucario or 55-45. (My friend and I have played over like 300 lucario vs ike matches.) The Forward b chain grab set up is 2 jabs i think and ike can jab lucario before the force palm (i think thats what its called). You should never be so close to lucario for the forward b w/o the set up. Once I realized that I could get a jab in, the matches we're a lot different.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think 35-65 is bad too.

CP castle sieze or delfino and it becomes like 45-55

@ Palpi, your friend may not be abusing his advantages right.

Ike gets gimped so hard by Lucario, aura sphere let's lucario gimp from far away and it beats out aether easily. Fsmash ***** aether too.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yes he does use aurasphere and fsmash to hit top of my aether, but you can quick draw to the ledge or over him after getting hit, it works good for me especially on battle field or other stages with platforms, since his lingering part of his upsmash has little to no knockback. I am not saying it easy but when I was at the peak of my game (with ike), I was winning atleast 40-45% of the games.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
What does Ike have on Kirby? I know it says 45-55, but I still think that's a stretch.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, Kirby has combos and edgeguarding. >_> w/e. I guess I'll have to play the matchup more.

Top Bottom