• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The way-too-long-for-anybody-to-actually-read Ness Guide!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i just editted SmashWiki so there aare links to the PKT guide, EB360.

thesage, yes.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I added a new section, the order of what things a ness should learn to master things. I'm at the DjC level right now, but can do up to levels 4 of pkt. If anyone thinks I left something out then feel free to mention it. I'm only trying to help, not mislead people.

Annoying, my vids aren't linked to yet! Why are you so like you're screen name?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
To Annoying: Do you want to put the vids of my matches up in the videos section. There are hardly any videos at all...
If you don't want them up I understand, but at least tell me. I was just joking when I called you annoying, annoying.

What do you guys think of my new section. There should be a section on DjC'ing, it's way more important for a Ness to know djc than pkt.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well I put up some other vids. I'm basically just doing google video search of Ness ssbm. Anyone else want to help. We need more videos. I wish this was started a year ago...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Thanx, angrylobster look at the tier discussion topic here and put in your two (or three) cents.

Reik

Smash Ace

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok... i gotta go sleep *yawn* only added 2 vids.... i might get those tomorrow

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I organized angrylobster's videos into my section... yay!

Edit: I put some more videos up as well, mine still isn't in there though. Some of the videos feature very noob players, but there are hardly any videos... If people tell me which ones I should take off that would help a lot. Some links to better vids are nice too. (I never would've known about the Ness vs. PC Chris vid without you Reik thanks a lot!)

Edit 2: I changed some of the matchups... samus vs. ness is a four and peach vs. ness is a five (why was it ever a four?) I might lower falco down to a four since I heard most ness players (that go to tourneys) say that he's easier than the other top tiers... somebody plz explain. The Ness board is officially dead btw (7 people looking and not a single post...)

Edit 3: I added up some stuff to help new people learn about Ness... hope it helps, again feel free for suggestions.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
!! Wrap these links around the table of contents !! (if you want to... but if you don't, you must like scrolling through miles of posts)
It should make everything more easily-accessible...
Let me know if the links are faulty.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2035247#post
post 1, 2035247

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2035260#post
post 2, 2035260

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2035264#post
post 3, 2035264

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2042692#post
post 9, 2042692

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2045869#post
post 10, 2045869

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
cool, thanks OYM. thesage, could you PM the raw code for Angrylobster's vids?

EDIT: simna, could you...
1. remove the
tags from OYM's guide? it looks better without them.
2. type somewhere at the beginning of the guide (before it starts) in bold, that it was written/wrote (whatever) by OYM.
3. type {{YYG}} (exactly as it is) at the beginning of the post, color it black.

thank you! :)

EDIT2: thesage, could you put {{CHMU}} at the beginning of your guide, also colored black?

also, EB360: the first pic in your guide is not working, the pic of thunder striking the little smilie.

EDIT3: is it just me, pr is there a gray rectangle in the middle of the PKT guide?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
This is the proper url used to link to "Post #4"
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2036139#post

You quote the post you want to link to, and at the top of the post it says
Take that number and fill it in in this format url:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=TheNumberOfThePostHere#post

The way you linked to it makes it cut out that post from the entire page, whereas this way is simply an auto-scroll down to the post. I prefer this auto-scroll way, but they both work.

EDIT: btw, at the top of the second post, the picture of PK Thunder is a link, not a pic...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Did anyone notice the new section I made on what a new Ness should learn and why? Please comment...

Annoying, what do you mean by raw code? I just linked to the addresses that youtube gave... If you want those they'll be under the samus and capt. falcon video sections. I'm totally new to this internet uploading thing so yeah...

This thing is finally coming together, I just wish someone like mofo simna or mow could give a section on djc'ing or combos. Other people helping me with the matchups are good too.

I'm putting in {{CHMU}} in my guide. I dunno what to label the other section. My area really needs help since I'm still relatively new to the smash scene.

N.OW

Smash Journeyman

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
never mind, thesage. i think i'll get rid of some of the vids in the omnibus. you can take care of the 1v1 vids.

does anyone have 2v2 vids?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Mabye if boss8 records some of my matches this weekend there will be some with a Luigi... NOW gave one too. The vids in the omnibus should be for combo vids and important vids to watch, such as the brown mario vs cj vids and anything with mofo/ UmbreonMow/ Simna in it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok... i will word my omnibus differently... again.

EDIT: there is a serious lack of youtube and GV videos with ness.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I figured that out already...

EDIT: YAY Mewtwo section. I fought 5% mewtwo today, but he isn't that good with him. But something is better than nothing.

EDIT 2: OMFG CHEAT CODES. FIND IT!

EDIT 3: I have decided that I will take off vids that I deem bad. I will only put up bad videos if there aren't any other videos of the matchup (I will get some up of sheik, marth, luigi and peach eventually). I'm not putting in vids of myself since I've improved a lot since then (I learned from Mow/ tournament experience/ reading stuff on smashboards)

EDIT 4 (god more people need to post here): Over the last couple of weeks I searched through the backlogs of the Ness forum too see what people have said about Ness. I was suprised to find many helpfull things. I've copied everything that I found interesting into microsoft word. As of now it is about 21 pages long (with bad formatting it'll probably end up being shorter). I have no idea how i'll post all of it so yeah... Don't worry about credit issues I have listed who has said what. If anybody doesn't want me to put something up that they have said then I will take it down. I've also found the very helpfull Ness vs. Kirby/ DK/ and Fox videos by doing this. If somebody could do this with other forums that would be hella helpfull. I'm not done with this yet and will probably finish it tommorow. This thing could stand alone as a guide itself. After this I will finally get a chance to practice with Ness (I've worked on this for quite some time). If some room can be cleared on the front page for this that'd be great. Otherwise it'll have to be linked to or something. I only took this from posts that I thought were helpful of made by credible people. The only thing I have a qualm with is the Combo section, but at least it's something. This is probably overkill, but I just love Ness. I have to start working on my Jigglypuff or Peach. I've been treating my girls badly....

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
K I know this is like quadruple posting or something. But I'm just trying to seperate these sections so they are more easily readible. I'll put them up in my own section later. I just want a backup of the original on smashboards in case my computer dies or something. @Simna (the only mod who'll ever read this) I stopped caring about my post count. After finishing my section of the guide, I probably won't post in the Ness boards anymore...

Character Specific strategies (will be added into my guide later on):

From Vilness:

Vs. Peach

The thing that if you happen to succeed disrupting Ness 2nd jump he’s pretty much screwed. Usually Ness can dig easy for openings and DjC something and punish... against Peach... She has sick priority in her aerials against Ness and can even succeed (though against good Ness it isn’t easy) floating away from their aerial attempt, and float back and punish... And then the floatcanceling! You can’t DjC their whiffed aerial attempt. except like a dair or like I sometimes do (I forgot to do it against you even though it actually works against Peach pretty good :D ) is a Swingjump over enemy fair. this way you can’t get shield grabbed cuz yer on the other side. and you usually can’t sidestep the fair. This is nothing to rely on but works better against chars with high traction. and even then it’s risky.

I haven’t learned this yet, but Ness is pretty good using turnips, you should read Nessbounder's guide cuz he knows it better than me.

Ness has still his short hop auto canceled aerials and if Ness gets one against aerial Peach you might expect to get at least another since despite the Sickness of Peach Nair it still loses range competition against Ness.

you should watch you whiffed aerials higher from ground because you might eat an uair or PK thunder, which actually works somewhat well against Peach. but that really isn’t an problem.

As for speed. kinda like float cancels, Ness has his foot cancel. If you see Ness landing somewhere near you with dair you shouldn’t go after him unless you are sure you can punish. You might eat some aerials if you try to punish an aerial that has no-lag (you played against Peach, right )

There’s more to this match up I’m sure. but if you want to get overconfident just wait till Mow posts his 2 line tips, which tell you how you can win against a ness 99% of time.

Btw. Pk fire shouldn’t work against Peach (at least the lvl 9´s) since you can just DI towards Ness and Nair... or even worse, if Peach floats over a whiffed fire O_o . Maybe then If Ness Wd away and fires to get the optimal range. but nothing to rely on.

Oh one thing. Don’t use Fsmash against Ness. you probably have always have better options because Fsmash has lag and Ness likes punishing slow moves.

And watch out the Bair!

This is the last match up for Ness where he will fall in love wit his Fair if he already hasn’t.

UmbreonMow:

Vs. Falco:

Zeke your friend sucks. Money match me $1000 OMGWTF?!?!?! Dave >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your friend guaranteed!!!! Any who, I play a weird styled Ness so my advice might sound weird. I don’t have much comp either but **** it I know a thing or two about Nesstard vs. Flacopajaro.

Ness has those groovy up throw combos on Falco. At midish %ages you can up throw him and do a bunch of DJC'd uair until he can DI out of them. I think fsmash and bair are real good for edgeguarding vs. Falco. If your friend tech's an attack try to tech punish him with a DJC'd bair. You can downB SHLa, it has too much lag but it works. :\ Punishing with dair is good cuz it sends seem up and you can follow into some quick DJC'd uairs. Fair has a disjointed hit box and good range so use that to attack and be safe, just don’t spam it "a la Simna" LOL (sorry Simba_bin_Laden :p)

Nair is REALLY quick when DJC'd, I use it to break up the opponents combos quite often. If your friend upBs or sideBs onto the stage, try to grab him facing away from the edge so that you can back throw him. A good back throw vs. a high %age Falco = dead bird, Falco's recovery sucks so he wont come back. :p A fsmashing Falco? LOL Don’t tell me you can evade those? jk Evade. Punish. Death2Falco. I’m not sure if fair goes through Falcos fsmash, if it does use it. If Falco shields try to grab him, personally I like to DJC uairs cuz they **** up shields and hitting with that attack feels so cool! :p

There’s my 2 cents. Again my Ness is weird so if you want advice from a "non-weird" Ness player, wait for a post by Simna, Vilness, or some other guy who’s good with Ness who’s name I cant remember.

From Reik:

Vs. Samus:

Samus is one of Ness's harder matchups if she isn't an all-out counter. I play against a really good Samus about once a week, so I know how you feel. You may have to completely change your playing style against her. Stupid fast and furious Ness does not work. You want to be far enough back to stay out of her n-air and d-smash range, but no so far back that charging the charge shot or trying to fire a missile will go unpunished.

Um... bomb + shield grab? Could you explain that better? I don't really know what you're talking about, so I'll just give out some general Samus tips.

First of all, I shouldn't have to say this, but don't try to absorb or bat the charge shot. It will never happen, and you'll get punished for it.

If she's trying to keep you at bay with missiles, remember that you can duck under all of them that aren't missile-cancelled very low. Oh, here's something neat: Short hop n-air backwards. This will destroy all of her projectiles except the fully charged charge shot. I don't do this much though because it leaves you open.

Whenever I attack Samus, she's usually doing one of three things.

1. Jumping

If she's in the air, remember that the front of her n-air outranges ALL of your aerials and lasts very long. Even so, while in the air, she seems to be most vulnerable. If you can get behind her while she has an n-air out, you've got her. You might want to try u-airing her from underneath, since she doesn't have as much range there. Her d-air is pretty slow, and she's floaty.
If she's waaayyy above you at decent damage, juggle her MERCILESSLY with PK Thunder. It has much more mobility than Samus in the air. Don't fall for bomb-stalls. By the time she gets back down, a b-air should take her out.

2. Shielding

Samus doesn't shield grab. It's too slow. If you know she's going to, L-cancel an aerial (or auto cancel it) and sidestep at the appropriate time. Or heck, even roll behind her. The lag after that is awful. Rule of thumb once you've got her while she's lagging: If you can kill her with the bat, do so. If you can't, use the opportunity to put on the Thunder Jacket.
Once she catches on to this, she'll usually jump out of her shield into a quick n-air after you hit. Therefore, you want to be behind her. Try short hopping n-air right in her face. If she shields, you'll go through her and you're safe. Predict what she'll do out of the shield and abuse it.
Oh yeah. Learn to dash and jump-cancel your grabs. (Sprint-grabbing) I can't stress this enough. It allows for better comboing and surprises people.

3. Crouch-canceling

Ugh. This gave me so much trouble. The down smash has insane range and it HURTS. While the bat can kill CC, Samus' foot is faster and has just about the same range.
Up to really high percents she can CC your f-air approach and get a free hit on you. So that's out. She can also CC your b-air, but I don't know for how long. Sounds like you're screwed, right? N-air and d-air to the rescue! Samus's d-smash hits slower behind her, so short hopped n-airs are relatively safe. D-air kills CC as well, so full jump auto cancel or DJC auto cancel to put the pressure on her. It's great to land behind her with those too.

I have no ****ing clue how to edge guard Samus. I usually just try to whack her with PK Thunder as many times as possible to make her recover high. If she can't sweet spot with the Up-B, bat her.

Oh, this is crucial. If at all possible, DON'T FIGHT HER ON FINAL DESTINATION. Good God, don't even try it. Pick Yoshi's Story, Field of Dreams, or Corneria.

Whew, long post. But it's important because Samus is such a *****.

The U-smash
1. Juggling with the Back swing
Since the back swing has a disjointed hit box, you can use this as one of the many ways Ness can juggle the enemy. It will usually pop them up above and slightly behind you.
It also has very little knock back, so sometimes out prioritizing an aerial attack can help you land that U-air or B-air KO at high percentages. I can't get it to register as a combo in training mode, but it seems to work for me.

2. Failed YYG Attempt
Sometimes you can't get the YYG to hit correctly. It happens.
After being popped up, I find that a lot of people fall toward you and try to hit you with an aerial. You can sometimes bat them or start a juggle when they try.

3. Pwning the CCers
This is easiest to describe with Samus as an example. After a certain percent (around 40?) Samus can't CC your U-smash without slamming into the ground. I find that after CCing the U-smash, a lot of players use their get-up attack on instinct. With Samus, her get-up attack mostly hits above her, so you should be out of danger and ready get her during lag. Maybe even bat her.

4. Edge guarding?
If you correctly space yourself, you can stop someone from sweet spotting by charging U-smash over the edge. I... uhm... never use this.

Anyone have other uses for this move?

The D-smash

It's about as useful as PSI Magnet when fighting Marth.

That whole "you can use it if they land behind you" thing is bull****. It's too laggy, doesn't have enough knock back, and doesn't combo.

(I actually do use PSI Magnet more than D-smash. At least the Ice Climbers can't use un-desynched ice blocks from far away if you use PSI Magnet. It heals 20% and they can't catch you afterward.)

UmbreonMow:

yea Ness vs. Jiggz is so weird. After like 30% all you have to do is DJC shove and you get a free move: grab, bat, another shove, DJC head but or back kick. Yes, DJC fair to DJC bair actually works. And you can do it any time after 30, straight up till 110% where the back kick can usually KO. If they DI up you can head butt instead, and if they grab you can do DJC shove to grab with 2 sparks and it can't be blocked or sidestepped.

If you want to look cool, do DJC bair 2x, DJC fair there's you're 30%. You can take jiggs to death if they don't know what to do, but you have to be fast.

UmbreonMow:

Vs. Sheik:

don't sidestep. crouch everything to bat or grab, always attack 2nd.

Vilness:

Vs. Sheik:

Hey yo.
If yer good then a grab against her can be as bad as a NTSC sheik grab.
utrhow-> djC uair -> few utilts -> uair or bair to end combo.

also D-tilt whoring is recommended if can get an opening. sheik has pretty high traction and d-tilt is good against her low-knock back moves anyway. watch out CC.ing the dsmash though. D-tilts rack up damage. But try to go for the grab.

in PAL version you don’t have to worry about chain grabs and then it’s quite even. and I’ve heard Mow can kick some NTSC sheiks too though.

Sheik is pretty clumsy in air, use that to your advantage.
oh and PK FLASH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> her recovery if practiced.

CF=):

Sheik :
-Beware of the needle off stage (they **** your recovery)
-DjC some Fair to gain space on her
-Wavedash out of shield -> grab is a good combo since you can juggle with her with SHFFLEd Uair

Falco :
-Have fun meteoring him when he comes back
-Shield a lot since he will pillar you to death
-Uthrow and juggle with SHFFLEd Uair
-Abuse the back throw when you can since his recovery is bad

Luigi:
-Watch Vilness video... it's full of Luigi vs. Ness action

Marth/Roy
-Run attack is a good setup for any aerial, and it you can fake an aerial for a grab (i.e.: run attack -> DjC -> waveland -> grab)
-Don't try to ALWAYS face him in the air, his Fair really kills
-Dthrow is a good setup for aerials too
-Dair out of shield works wonder if he miss an L-cancel of land near to you after a missed Dair/Fair

Reik:

Vs. Shiek:

1. Don't get grabbed.
2. If you do get grabbed, try to mess her CT up with DI until around 40 (not entirely sure about the percentage) ... then don't DI and N-air. Or you could try to double jump and immediately air dodge, but that could leave you open again.
3. VilNess used to say that you can combo Sheik from U-throw, but you can't land the first U-air unless you go pretty high up, and then after she's hit with it she should be able to jump out before you can do anything else. I prefer D-throw unless they know to DI away from it (and they will if they've fought a Ness before).
4. Sheik has terrible range underneath her, so you can juggle her by out prioritizing with U-air, U-tilt, and (sometimes) U-smash with proper timing.
5. Learn how to edge guard her! If she's unable to reach the stage with her double jump, edge hog right before she can get to the edge with the first part of her up B. You'll be invincible during the explosion and she'll be forced to land on the stage or go straight up. Then you can get up normally from the ledge and continue edge guarding.

Just be careful. One mistake and you're either chain thrown or edge guarded to death. Luckily Ness is fast and can combo Sheik fairly well. Oh and sorry if that wasn't very helpful... I usually pick Fox against Sheik. >_>

Dan Smith:

Vs. Marth:

I've been out of the game for a little while, but, I think I could explain how to take on a Marth. It was my biggest problem and therefore became my greatest strength.

Marth has some things on Ness: Range, power, and speed. All of those are kind of important...basically the most important things in the game...BUT, he's not all advantage.

Marth has some weaknesses against Ness also: lag, weight, and recovery. If you utilize these weak spots in his game you'll do alright.

Here is a really stupid trick, which I've done over and over to many Marth players throughout my career...and it always seems to work. Jump over Marth as if you are going to come down upon him with an attack, when you see him begin to slash at you (which he invariably will, all Marth does is slash) simply double jump and then come down hard with a Dair. The fake out seems to have a remarkable success rate and once you pop heavy ol' Marth up you can quickly recover and start chaining together the Fairs and Uairs...and then end the maneuver with either a Nair or a Bair.

Get good at getting close without getting hit, spot dodge a lot, WD in...not too close or you'll get grabbed...but close enough that once he lags you can grab him. Grabbing Marth has tons of potential. Combos, or, throwing him off the edge...which is really the main way you're going to get KOs on Marth: Edge guarding.

That's simple enough though, if he's far...PK Flash for style, but really, PK Fire as he sweet spots and then bat after bat while he's hung up in the inferno. (..or Bair...or Nair...or back throw...etc.)

Marth's not bad; Falco, Sheik, and Peach - they are bad.

Reik:

This is my opinion of Ness's matchups. I'm not going to claim it's accurate or anything. My opinion of matchups changes all the time.

Run Away in Terror:
Sheik
Non-FD Fox

Really Bad:
FD Fox

Disadvantage against:
Non-FD Falco
Jigglypuff
Samus
Doc
Mario
G&W
Peach
Marth

Even:
FD Falco
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Pikachu
Pichu
Luigi
Link
Young Link

Advantage Against:
Ganon
DK
Yoshi
Bowser

I Feel Sorry For:
Roy

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Helpful General Info with Ness:

From Mofo (OMFG A POST FROM MOFO!!!!!!):

Ness was the first character I played in Melee. He's my third best character, behind Fox and Falco. Let me go over a few things to show why Ness doesn't suck total balls.

His recovery: If you're knocked off, you usually have your second jump and your air-dodge. Since the second jump is so big and maneuverable, and the Air dodge can get you past some edge guards, you really don't usually use PK thunder. Also, he has an extremely large 'grab the edge' range. You can be about 2 widths of ness away from the edge, and he will grab it. This can also get you by some edge guards.

Now for the PK thunder recovery. This recovery isn't the best, but it's not as bad as you guys say it is. If you hug the turns, you can get the recovery out pretty fast, too fast for people to hit you or eat you while immobile. If you try, you better be fast or you'll get hit by the core of it, and that's not fun, heh. The only character that has a big advantage at eating (that's what I call it) Ness is Captain Falcon, and it's not easy even for him. You just have to be smart about where you're going to aim. If your opponent isn't edge hogging, than you usually want to sweet stop the edge, and since he's got that really large edge grabbing box, he grabs it sooner than you would expect (that's only if you sweet stop it though). You also don't want to be near the ledge when doing PK thunder, because you'll be punished very Easily. Oh yeah, and if you decide you want to go above the ledge and onto the stage, you want to go high enough so there’s not this really long lag coming out of it when you hit the ground.

Ness has got good distance too, if you aim it perfectly. It will look like he's not going to make it, and then just pop on the ledge. This is sometimes good for when people think "Nah, forget about edge hogging, he's done". Even if that isn't something you can depend on, it's still worth a try.

His Wavedash: Basically, if you don't wavedash with Ness, you're gonna suck. Perfect wavedashes are about 1.6 times the speed of his run, and you can do anything out of them. You generally use wavedashing when you want to move somewhere on the ground when you don't have to worry about the frames you can't move in the wavedash.

His grabs: as long as you jump cancel your grabs from runs, his grabs have fairly good range. You can sort of extend the range by doing a quick dash, to a jump canceled grab.

His throws: Some of the best in the game. The downthrow combos floaters, and the up throw combos fast fallers. The forward throw has very good knock back for low percentages, And the back throw Kills.

PK Flash: A good edgeguard for a lot of characters, namely Falcon, Marth, Ganon, Shiek, and a few others a can't remember. You generally use it when you knocked your opponent far off the edge and is going to need some time coming back. You can also use it as a mind game. Since It covers everything above the edge, when this see it, they change they're recovery plan to sweet stop the edge. So you let it go early, and edge hog them with a quick wavedash to fast fall.

PK Fire: I hardly ever use this move, but you can get annoying when you shoot it off the edge. While they're struggling to get out of it, you just jump over and do a quick neutral aerial.

His Smashes: Down smash is the only move of Ness I never use. There are always better options. However, the up smash is a different story. If you space it right, you can charge it off the edge, and can give fast fallers trouble. It's also a detached hit box, so it's also an anti-aerial.
But be sure that they are at a decent percent, or it won't stun them for long and you will be punished. Forward Smash is generally used as an edge guarder, but can be used otherwise if you play smart. Like if your opponent is coming down for an aerial, you can do a quick wavedash back and bat at the tip, or if you don't have time for a bat, forward tilt does fine as well.

His running A is useful as well; you can usually combo it into a aerial.

His Aerials: Saved the best for last. Before I start on each move, I want to introduce DJCing to you. If you Double Jump, you can Cancel the upward motion or it with an aerial immediately afterwards. This allows for aerials very close to the ground, cutting off the after lag of the attacks, and also allows you to fast fall right after the aerials are executed. Neutral aerial has good knock back, lasts for a very long time, and comes out very fast. For those situations when your close to your opponent and they're immobile for some reason, let it be l-cancel frames or a missed attack, this is in the lineup of attacks to do that will put you out of danger. You have to DJC it close to the ground though. This is the full list of attacks to do in that type of situation, ordered from fastest to slowest: one-two-three punch, grab, DJCed neutral aerial, forward tilt, DJCed back aerial. Yeah, DJCed back aerial is really fast, and really powerful, too. If you're in the air moving upward from a jump, and you're oppoent is behind and below you, if you DJC back aerial fast fall, it is very unexpected and quick. Also don't forget you can do any DJCed aerial out of a shield, so when your opponent lands behind you from an aerial so you can't shield grab, you can back aerial or neutral aerial instead. You can use up aerial fairly rapidly, when used close to teh ground with DJCs, about 3 head buts a second. Out of an up throw, you can combofast fallers very well. You can't get as many head buts into floaters, but after two of three you can combo it into a nice back kick. The sparks (forward aerial) have awesome priority, and I you space it right, the can combo the first four hits of the sparks to a forward tilt. The fifth hit has good knock back as well, I would say just a little less than the neutral aerial. His down aerial combos well into things. You can get out of upward combos with this as well, if you DJC it without fast falling immediately, he'll sort of hang in the air for a second, dodging any attack from below you, they fast falling down on top of them. You can also do something I discovered called Foot Canceling. With Ness, If you land on the ground while executing a down aerial before the actual foot comes out, than you will land in your standing animation; you won't need to L-cancel. This can be used in combination with DJCing. Lets say you're spiraling through the air, about to hit the ground. You still have your second jump. Instead of teching, you can DJC down aerial fast fall. You not only reach the ground faster, but you don't need to tech. You can do this trick without DJCing, but you won't get to the ground faster. Foot Canceling also gives you more maneuverability in the air, like lets say you jump in one direction and you don't want to be in the air anymore because you opponent is also in teh air and is about to attack you. So you Foot Cancel, and attack from underneath.

heheh... maybe I got a little too carried away. I would just like to wrap things up by saying Ness deserves Middle tier, he's a good character that a lot of people underestimate.

Hova (sorta helpful I’ve actually met Hova and he’s o.k.):

spam fairs against every single character

you don't have to djc all fairs, Sh fairs can lead to full jump fairs and djc bairs against floaties as well as some others

djc bairs and uairs is a good thing

fastfallers > uthrow to djc uair and work in uyoyo somewhere

others > dthrow to fair/bair, if fair > grab/dash attack

pk fire is to be used sparingly

ftilt and nair are great for distancing yourself from opponent

ness' recovering does not suck, you guys just make it look really bad

fsmash, dtilt, pk thunder, pk flash, ftilt are all useful when edge guarding ( and fair/dair if your sexy like me)

don't ever say ness should be moved up in tiers cuz everyone would play him and expose his true potential. seriously, I will hunt you down if you do so.

pk thunder can also juggle some characters while they are in the air

ness is ***** super speedy, all noobs need to stop claiming he is not

grabs are essential to your game, learn to use them well for they are amazing when done correctly and very punishable if you *** up ( short range, stubby arms )

sweet spot that ish, seriously hit the majority of ness' moves in the appropriate spot to make them more useful ( practice on your own )

WD is good, really good. roll is really good when used correctly

work in utilt and be tricky with PSI magnet and your Ness is complete.

Reik:
· Always JC grab.
· If you're not stunned, you never have to tech. You can untumble by wiggling, double jump wavelanding, or foot canceling D-air.
· Ness has a very fast, lengthy wavedash when you can do it perfectly. It also has a lot of leftover momentum (like Marth's wavedash). This can be a bad thing if you don't know how to deal with it.

For example: Try perfect wavedashing backward and immediately dashing forward. Ness will be stuck running in place for a second because the extra momentum slows him down.

However, you can fix this with any character by quickly dashing the same way you wavedashed and then immediately dashing the other way. (Wavedash right, dash right, immediately dash left.) Combined with dash dancing, this will make your Ness a lot more mobile.
· Quick DJC N-airs from shield.
From either UmbreonMow or Mofo:
here's a freebie for you 'ness experts' lol. Try DJC spike from shield and up tilt.

Up tilt from shield no lag! woot!
Vilness:

Pk Flash:

it’s great against:
Luigi
Ganon
Marth
Sheik
it’s good against:
Dr. Mario and
Mario (they have down-b stalling and cape to eliminate flash but it still works to guide them and you can fake them into doing cape too early, besides what Mario players have played against Ness anyway?)
Ness himself (good Ness can avoid it with 2nd jump, sometimes even with his upB but it can be hard)
Peach (if you hit her out her 2nd jump or even float, if both the better!)
C-falcon (if you hit him far and high and He’s gonna 2nd jump downB 2nd jump upB then you can use it)
Pikachu and Pichu (they have good recoveries and usually come back but avoiding such a big hit zone may end up being really hard at times)
Roy (like Marth but doe to his falling speed and upB variety it’s harder)
Bowser (he’s as sucker for PK flash too but usually Ness has better options)

and possibly some others.

don´t use PK flash against->
Space animals (just don´t do it, you always have better options)
Jiggs (anyone who hits jiggs with PK flash gets my respect, even if it is the worst jiggs evah )
Kirby (you might succeed but he is almost as hard as jiggs. you have a lot better options against him anyway)
Mewtwo (it ain´t gonna work against any good Mewtwo)

Simna:

well um....I can't very well give you tips for CPs...I don’t really strategize anything vs. them.....one time I was goofing off and I challenged myself to beat 3 lvl 9 Bowsers on a team with team attack off using only PK Flash...but that was just complete stupidity

as for any videos of me u've seen...well...that stuff doesn’t just happen magically...like whichever person I'm fighting doesn’t just land on my attacks...you gotta be smart and fast and have a bit of foresight....I guess u could call all those mind games, but you also gotta have the tech to back it up...u gotta Lcancel and DJC and fast fall and dash dance and pivots and foot cancels and all that jazz...oh and u gotta make sure u can recover!

oh and KNOW THE COMBOS...its really a waste when u got awesome tech and mind games but you don’t know your character...in fact...know the combos(what can u do to what character?), know the hit boxes(what part will send enemies in what direction?), know the animations(you mean part of me dash attack doesn’t hit?), know the knock backs(nair and bair have weak and strong points...fair has many points), but that’s all internal...

u also gotta know your opponent...what's their weight? what's their fall speed? will they die off the top or the sides? how will this character approach me? how can this character shut me down? how can I make that character's advantage a disadvantage?

and really the best way to do this is to play human players...lots and lots and lots of them....a good way to extend this is to....play every character...don’t worry u can do it....take it slow we aren’t going anywhere are we?

as for the PARTICULAR match up mentioned...Fox can ALWAYS out speed Ness....Ness is super fast but Fox is the fastest ever...what u gotta do is make that speed gap as small as u can...know your opponent, know your character, learn tech, create mind games, etc. To be the best u can u need all of those.
Dan Smith:

SPAM:
Fair
Nair
Bair
Uair

OFTEN:
Grabs
Dash Attack
DTilt
Dair
Bat

OCCASIONALLY:
AAA Combo
FTilt
Utilt
PK Thunder*
PK Fire

SELDOM:
Yoyo
PK Flash
PSI Magnet
PK Thunder2*

Hmm, my move tier has gotten some very intellagent response.

I do want to explain and discuss it all a little bit though.

Firstly, the list I made was a very serious list, I don't actually play like that. I'm sure my playing style is similar to that list...but I use a lot of the SELDOM moves more when I should. (for fun) I am an aerial Ness though, mainly, as I think many are.

Three other things deserve my annotating:

Grabs are great, and Back Throw is especially important as a KO move for Ness, but due to Ness poor grab range and the ability of opponents to dodge Grabs and abuse the lag I decided they're best used OCCASIONALLY and not OFTEN. Does anybody spam Grab? Not really...but I totally spam Fair.

I also would like to simply say that I didn't forget the jabs, the AAA Combo, and really wanted to include them in the list (they go in right beside Tilts) but didn't really know what to call them. (jabs? AAA Combo?) I also decided not to differentiate between the Tilts, although realistically UTilt is harder to incorporate and DTilt is probably by far the most useful.

Similar to the situation with Grabs I also decided to put Dash Attack lower than most people might expect, not because it isn't super useful and a staple of Ness game, but because you can abuse the lag if you know how to fight a Ness. It is a hard move to commit to, sometimes it can be a big mistake.

I am going to amend my list, Bat's moving up and I'm rewording some things. (I am so long winded)
Vilness:

I think Ness has great KO potential even at low percents to many chars. And I can answer your questions as best as I can.
Ness does have good aerial KO moves like you mentioned.
Bair doesn’t have all that much range but it has a mar. GW effect, the after touch. This means that this attack stays longer than it seems (though the attack isn’t strong then, but enough for edge guarding)
Bair´s sweet spot can be also achieved when DJC`ing. If you don´t spam this it is a good surprise to swing into bair now and then. I also use C-stick for bair when baby jumping away from chasers. It makes them play a LOT more carefully and scares the heck out of them because the spark is usually so close to them!

Uair, also known as the head butt, is also probably easy to see coming. The thing is that, with DJC, it’s hard to see HOW it is coming! Lets say you have pooped your rival in air with step kick at reasonable %. Fastfallers won’t have time to react to Uair. Others have, but you can fool them with some fake outs, like Djc'ing so low that your enemies Dair will miss and he suffers from lag while you don´t. If you do this ground close, you have many options, like Grab, Utilt (my most common chose) or maybe even a bat. There are many other ways to connect the Uair but this is just to give ideas.
btw: You don´t have to jump directly beneath your opponent to Uair him because of DJC'ing

Grabbing is hard with Ness but Shield Grab is a good move now and then. Usually against chars. with not too big range you can Swing jump low and fair and L-cancel it into an grab if you caught them off guard. Also Ness’s back roll is quite good to give some grabs if it’s not spammed. I sometimes face away from enemy, WD towards enemy (still looking away from him) and then roll back. this works especially against Marth but should not be spammed at all cause it will get predictable. triangle jump to grab also works sometimes...

And the Fsmash. This is a real killer if you use it sparingly. As simple as it sounds, the WD backwards and a Bat works surprisingly well (again, if not overused). Sometimes the A,A,A combo can be followed up with a bat. using the bat is quite hard for me to discuss because somehow it comes very naturally to me, and I definitely never spam it! But I might once per match do it twice repeated... just to be less predictable

And the Fthrow is real killer near the ledge even at low %! it might result to fast kills against characters like Plumbers, Bowser, DK, Spandex Man, space animals, Ness himself, Team triforce (except Zelda but especially Sheik because you can PK Flash her after this!)
and also team Fire emblem.
It’s hard to get the grab near the ledge but it’s well worth it if you manage to succeed!

Here are some ideas, Someone other Ness player (like Mow and Dan S) feel free to correct me or add your own tips

Krulness:

So many people use the different ways of edge guarding with ness, so I've decided to dedicate this to it. So this is basically how the title sounds. Ways to edge guard.

First, there is the ever-so-famous pkflash. That one that makes all of your friend get pissed at you and lets any spectators cheer (most of the time). It’s pretty simple, just time your pkflash to be at max power before right before they are about to grab a ledge. The difficulty, of course, is the timing. It changes for fastfallers and weight, which is what makes this challenging, because if you miss, you're stuck pretty vulnerable. A good example would be for Mario. Start the pkflash right after hitting them and it will work perfectly if they just go a little of screen. The good benefit, is that if you know you're going to miss, you can just end it early and try something else. Also note that pkflash does not have to be full power to ko someone, as long as it hits, it will still do some major damage.

Next, is the bat. With its long reach and fairly strong damage, this makes for a great edge guard. This is much easier to pull of than the pkflash, and also keeps you at a bit of a safe distance if you use its reach to the full potential.

A really cruel move is to use pkfire. This is more annoying to an opponent than it is critical. But it can be helpful, if you follow up with a spike or maybe the bat. This is another deal that uses timing, and unfortunately in only goes parallel to the course unless you short hop and make it go diagonally.

There is also the down tilt, another cruel move that is also pretty annoying. You can always just spam it on the very edge, but that is pretty cheap, and it’s easy for someone to get out of. Not as recommended as the others.

You can try out up smash, the yoyo. Although this is not really that recommended because of its extremely horrible range, it can still set someone up for a short hop dair.

Most likely the most used edge guard is pkthunder. This can be used in a variety of ways, but most commonly just hitting your opponent with it. But really that isn't much of a smart idea. Ideally want them either not to make it back to the ledge, or putting on some damage and setting them up for another move. But sometimes, doing this doesn’t accomplish either. The smartest idea is to tail whip first, then hit. But even that takes good placement, which is something gained by practice. You can also use the pkthunder reverse edge guard, which is demonstrated at about 10:28 in Simna's guide to pk thunder number II. This is fairly difficult and requires being hit by the enemy, which most people are scared to let happen. You could use the false edge guard which is demonstrated at about 3:25 in Simna’s guide to pk thunder number I. This is a great fake, and is something that works most of the time, but can be hated when an someone has an up b that has long reach and hits you before you can pull it off. Also note that the enemy is pulled the direction from which the pkthunder came from, so you can use it as a setup, or to pull the opponent away if you hit from the back.

Ness can also use his nair or his fair which can rack up some great damage, these are far more common than using such powerful hits as the ones above.

Or another great move is the bair. This can be used in replacement of most other moves in a edge-guarding combo, and depending on where you hit, it can have many different outcomes. For example, if you hit the enemy with the tip of your toe, it doesn’t do as much damage as getting them fully. Depending on where you place it changes the direction they travel, which can be used with a major advantage.

Also add the dair, which can either be set up, or just used as a good-old spike. If you do decide to use it off the edge though, the easiest way to get back is to just short hop off, dair, jump again, and then pkthunder back. This can be more or less difficult depending on the stage. For fd, you can normally just make a strait path back to the ledge, or if you really get far down, you may have to shoot yourself into a slope.

Well, there you have it. Most of these techniques can be seen in VilNess' Nessgeguard or in Simna's guide to pkthunder both I and II. Make sure to go ahead and tell me anything else that should be put up, and good luck guarding that ledge.

Simna:

There are 7 different kinds of ness dash:

Second spark hits only: opponent pops up and tumbles.

First spark hits only: opponent is stunned for an instant and u are left vulnerable

Hands only hit: opponent is knocked a great distance away, but receives little damage.

Blank: Your dash clearly goes over the opponent but hits nothing(This happens when your opponent is between sparks 1 and 2)

First and second sparks hit: opponent is shocked and popped into the air and tumbles.

All hits: opponent is pushed, shocked and popped into the air slightly higher than without the push. Opponent does not tumble but floats upwards.

Late Dash: Opponent is hit by the dash in an area behind Ness' hands. This does weak dmg(around 2%) and makes the opponent pop up very slightly

By Macman (Mac$)

This is a list of different Ness tactics, strategies, and techniques that I use. I am a noob well not really but compared to some peeps on this board I am. I started playing again in October. And I started Ness 1 to 1.5 months ago. The techniques here may be inefficient or done better n a different way. I just want to hear your opinions on these or help someone that wants to try start-playing ness.

YYG: Teh roxxorz

Sour spotting Fair: This is when you use the fair and make it so that you do not hit with the last sparkle. The last sparkle send your opponent far away at high damages. If you don’t hit with the last sparkle your opponent is sent a tiny bit upwards so that you can continue comboing. Easy ways to make certain that you don’t hit with the last sparkle is to fast fall or hit the ground before the end of the move. This can lead into a grab, or in the air a uair, djc uair, nair, and possibly another fair.

DJC Dash: This is when you DJC really low to the ground then land dash. If you djc forward and then land dash it extends the size of your land dash. You can also djc forward but land dash backwards so that you can fake your opponent into thinking you are going to attack.

Repel: When you dash attack but hit with ness's hands so that they get pushed horizontally. I love to do this after a dthrow when I am near the edge so that I can start edge guarding.

Clogging: This is when you use a move to occupy your opponents “get up time”. For example knock someone into the ground and when they are laying down short hop a nair. You will hover above them doing the nair. So you might be able to hit them when they are on the ground but if they are still invincible you can hit them right after their invincibility frames go away and before there counter attack hits you. Moves that can clog: nair, fair, I think you can also charge a usmash, repetitive dtilts,

Extreme Short hop (ESH idk lol), DJCfflc: You can short hop a uair that is extremely close to the ground. I believe this is how to put the star jacket on. I haven’t really done this much. You have to sh then double jump so quickly that you dj as your feet are leaving the ground. This works with any air move.

Tagging: Just using the down smash to hit someone behind you.

Sparkle wall: Using a fair at the Edge so that someone using their third jump gets hit by it.
Retreating Sparkle Wall: run of the stage at then double jump backward while using the fair. Basically this allows you to cover more horizontal ground and is easier to hit with.

Vertical Sparkle wall: Using a fair that is fastfalled. This makes a vertical wall of sparkles and will usually drag your opponent down.

Yoyo tricks: There are many thing you can do with the usmash. Many say that it is very useless but I beg to differ. There is the yyg.
If you hit an opponent with the yoyo while it’s charging and release it, it will send your opponent right above you. Can use a utilt from this. But they can counter it by simply using a sexkick so.
If they get hit while its going up in front of you and they were in the air, they will be sent right in front of you stunned so it is very easy to grab out of this. You can also Chain grab with this( I will explain later. If they get hit when the yoyo is going around the top they are sent upwards so it is possible to juggle. You can also charge the yoyo right at the edge so that it blocks it and messes up opponents trying to sweet spot, this is another form of clogging.

Sniping: Short hopping your forward b at the edge so that it hits someone trying to sweet spot and disrupts their recovery.

Chain Grabbing: If you dthrow and they don’t jump you can shffl a sour spotted fair and grab them again. This can also be done with a nair. Also if you use the yoyo right you can chain grab with that.

Important Links:

Talks about Ness’ dash attack. It’s surprisingly versatile. I need to spam it more…

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=46887&highlight=Ness

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Combos:

From Reik or UmbreonMow:

ness to falcon:

up throw, follow DI, DJC back kick to grab, up throw, follow DI, DJC head butt 2x, DJC back kick to 2nd and 3rd hit of dash attack, DJC head butt, jump back kick.

ness to general midweight:

DJC shove to grab, down throw, DJC head butt, DJC spin to grab, back throw

all I do to Falco is dash attack 3rd hit to grab at 0%. Then I up throw, DJC shove to grab, and chain throw them like that to 60-70-ish, then DJC head butt to bat instead. Like Mofo's combo idea, but it can't be escaped with DI and it's much, much more embarrassing.

hmm Luigi is easy too, if you can get him to 30 ish (2 kick kicks together do this nicely) and you can just DJC fair him across the stage to a finishing back kick. Depending how well you can follow DI, it's pretty simple stuff. I called it PK Wave, came up with it like....2-3 years ago? I forget.

Technomancer:

Ness needs more. There are a few in the guide, but I don't think that anything is standardized for Ness combos, esp. against Fox and Falco. YYG just isn't easy to pull off without combos, so we need everyone to post what you got! Make sure to include apprx. percents and fastfallers/floaties/heavies and whatnot.

Here's what I have:

Uthrow
vs. Fastfallers (and sometimes heavies)
Uthrow-> DJC Uair works up to about 90%. Can re-grab from 0% twice if opponent doesn't DI.
Uthrow (DI behind) -> DJC Bair (30% Plus)
Uthrow (DI front) -> DJC Fair -> Re-grab
Uthrow -> Nair or DJC Nair, 0-90%
Uthrow -> Utilt, at 30% or so, if they DI the Utilt you may be able to bat them.

Uthrow General
Uthrow -> Fair -> DJ Bair (thesage [in the original post it said theblackmage but that's me so...])

Dthrow
Dthrow -> Fair (non-fastfallers, touchy if they DI away)
Dthrow -> PK Fire (Fast/Semifastfallers, generally low %s)
Dthrow -> Towards DI - Ftilt, Bat, Nair, Uair
Dthrow -> dash attack(hit with one spark, they should be behind you) -> about any quick ground attack (EB360)

Utilt
Utilt -> Utilt (low %s, just about everyone, continue to mid percents if no DI
Utilt -> Uair
Utilt -> Nair
Utilt -> PKT

Uair
Uair -> Bair or Fair if they DI
Uair -> Uair
Uair -> Utilt (low percents, FFers and heavies)

Dair
Dair -> Bair, best on non-floaties.
Dair -> Uair, anyone, any percent, lol
Dair -> Grab during hit stun (very low %s, just about anyone)
-(w/ sideways DI, vs. fastfallers)-
Dair -> utilt -> upward angled ftilt (EB360)
Dair -> usmash(the around the world part, so no YYG)> up angled ftilt (EB360)
Dair -> Nair (Hyrule2)

Fair
Fair (sour spot) -> grab, just about everyone, be quick.
Fair -> Fair (can almost always get at least two)

DjC fair(sour spot)>DjC nair (EB360)
DjC fair(sour spot)>ftilt (EB360)
"Hmm... actually, sour spotted DjCfairscan lead to virtually anything" (EB360)

YYG
DJC Fair -> YYG (Best on fastfallers and heavies)
DJC Nair -> YYG (Best on fastfallers, heavies)
Unsweetspotted Bair -> Turn around, YYG (best on heavies)

Platform
DJC Uair onto a platform -> Tech -> Techchase w/ Bair, Fair, or Nair
DJC Uair onto platform, no tech; continue with Uairs until they get off the platform

PK Fire
PK Fire -> Grab, Fair, Nair (DI dependant)
PK Fire -> No DI/towards/CC -> Bat!
PK Fire Edge cancel -> Nair, Uair, Fair (DJC and C-stick for best results, anyone)

Dash Attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simna ibn Sind dash attack can extend many of the combos u listed technomancer...for instance, with proper dash attack aiming you can continue a juggle combo on fast fallers even if they DI away from you
Dash Attack -> Uair, Fair (be quick), nair (low percents, be quicker), Bair (Not on DI away, Fastfallers)

Ness is Top Tier Combos
PK Flash -> Thunder Jacket (EB360)

And of course, remember that practicing your combos is good and all, but make sure to get tons of in-game experience! And remember, these combos certainly aren't universal and are very percent and character dependant, so um... get lots of in-game experience, and work up a strategy vs. characters that you have a hard time with, so you know what combos you're going to attempt next!

That's the end. When I say a post is from two people, that means I'm not sure who posted it. As the only people affected by this are Mow, Reik, and Mofo, I doubt any of them will care. If they'd like too. They can feel free to correct me (I really don't feel like searching through all those posts again...) I wonder if my section is longer than Eb360's now... I really hope I don't get into trouble. I didn't want my computer to freeze and ****...

Reik

Smash Ace
Wow, it's weird reading my old posts. I wasn't very good at all when I posted that Samus stuff, so take it all with a grain of salt. My opinion of many of Ness's matchups has changed as well.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Do you want me to change some stuff?

Edit: I forgot to add that I had to change the wording and I proofread the stuff by using microsoft word. So I kinda changed what some people said (gramitically). It really shouldn't matter, I tried to edit it keeping the way a person wrote in mind. After this thing is in, I'll just practice with my Ness.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Lol, i just watched the teams vid N.OW put up. Man, you are amazing. Especially the last Jiggz KO.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Description of Ness' Moves:

Aerials:

Uair = combos, kill move on floaties at high percents, juggling
Bair = combos, kill move at high percents, situational edgeguarding
Nair = combos, kill move at higher percents than bair, situational edgeguarding, OoS goodies
Dair = combos, meteor smash
Fair = combos, edgeguarding, approaching

Ness' air game is entirely based off of combos.

Ground attacks:

U-smash = yo-yo glitch, occasional juggling
U-tilt = combos, juggling
F-smash = kill move, edgegaurding
F-tilt = ????
D-smash= Never use this move
D-tilt = situational edgeguarding
Na combo = getting your opponent away from you quickly

Specials:
Pk Thunder = (see guide for more info)
Pk Fire = Combos (if you manage to hit with it), situational edgeguarding
Psi Magnet = Regenerating Health
Pk Flash/ Flush/ Cross/ Frost/ Frash/ Clash/ w/e = edgeguarding, team mindgames

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I have a new theory. The majority of people will not start things on their own (ie, move description), but will contribute ideas.

I have some free time right now...

EDIT: whaat do you mean by OoS?

EDIT2: finally! finshed adding the descrpitions, wtih help from NESSBOUNDER. read the taunt part, everybody. thanks to NGCXX for the idea.

EDIT3: simna, could you please remove the quote tags around the yoyo glitch guide?

also, to EB360: i had an idea. (duh) could you please add your "big block of text" on Ness's recovery somewhere between YYG and vid omnibus?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
OoS is out of shield. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!

@Annoying: What do you think of what I collected with the Search function?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
WTF? I'm confused....

I add to the ftilt that it can break projectiles, but there are better options...

The_NZA

Smash Lord
ftilt is god the sage.

It intercepts short hoppers, its got great horizontal trajectory and is your fastest horizontal sending move, good for edgeguarding, and can be aimed down to cover the edge. Its great and in many ways is more useful than the bat.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah, aim up against shhfls, aim down for sweetspoters. i think I'm gonna go add some more ftilt stuff.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
k, i'll use ftilt more. I like his utilt more, but it's so hard to implement into his game/ uair is usually a better choice....

Top Bottom