• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The way-too-long-for-anybody-to-actually-read Ness Guide!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I read through this yesterday and I felt like crying.

What a really bad guide. It focuses on pkt and yyg rather than djc'ing, combos, edgeguarding, and well lot's of stuff.

Beets

Smash Apprentice
Not quite sure where to ask this but

Can Ness use PK Flash to grab the ledge? It puts him into freefall so i was wondering if Ness was facing away from the ledge and PK Flash ends as you pass it, would Ness grab the ledge?

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Not quite sure where to ask this but

Can Ness use PK Flash to grab the ledge? It puts him into freefall so i was wondering if Ness was facing away from the ledge and PK Flash ends as you pass it, would Ness grab the ledge?
Sounds like you're trying to use PK flash the same way aMSa uses his eggs to grab ledge. It's wayyyyy too slow for that to be useful, though i don't know if you can actually grab ledge from both sides with it. My money is on no. :/

Beets

Smash Apprentice
oh ye. what does PK Flash bring to ness's game, in that case?

alternatively if there is a PK Flash thread i would appreciate it if you would direct me to it

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Eh, i have hit people with uncharged pk flash before. It was certainly a mistake but i don't think it's terrible.

Maybe we can use it to pressure peaches into recovering low? Ness doesn't seem to have much in the way of punishing her recovery even with pk thunder since it moves slower than her and she doesn't really have any lag at all when she lands from up-b. At least i have trouble with it.

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
Nope. I'll go ahead and say that PK flash is viable as an edgeguard. (I'll be safe and say ONLY in certain matchups)
Ness doesn't need to be anywhere near the edge and still covers a significant area .
But yes uncharged doesn't do ****.

Last edited:
Top Bottom