• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The way-too-long-for-anybody-to-actually-read Ness Guide!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
^^^^^^^^^
You're correct.

Loqour Latine
Je parle un peu de francais.
Et yeu stieu romaneste.
Yo hablo Espanol
I speak English
OOOOOOO guess those languages!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
thesage: the "yo" part is unnecessary. Just sayin'. "Hablo Espanol" works. But with a tilde over the n.

No comprende Espanol.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I haven't take spanish since 5th grade so... shut up. *cries* I can understand all romance languages (except portuguese and those two non-important ones) and a little greek.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hahahaha you take spanish. NOOB!!! Does anbody know how to hit people with the u-tilt. It has such terrible horizontal range...

Levitas

the moon
I think DJC'd uairs can pretty much replace the utilt completely, as they're more mobile, and can vary in height. But yeah, I think you're supposed to catch foxs that are gonna shuffl a nair at you or something.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
i won't replace a nice utilt all the time. In some cases it will come out faster than a djc'd uair.
it should be used when you see someone like falcon coming at you with a shffl'd dair.

When he comes at you with a shffled nair, sh to fair is broken!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think I was right in my "Utilt Blues" thread. And right in the fact that I'm Asian.

I can't consistently hit with utilt, the horizontal range is tiny, although it comes out relatively fast, and a tiny bit of lag. I can't think of a situation where utilt is superior to uair, besides those invul frames.

Levitas

the moon
No, GuildedPunch is right in that utilt comes out faster. That can help in intercepting a low shffler (ie fox) or if you didn't expect a sudden falcon moonwalk out of nowhere. I still like other moves in place of the utilt, though.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
utilt comes out at least 8 frames faster than jump -> uair on the soonest possible frame

taking into consideration finger speed, djc uair is a whole lot slower than utilt; it's also much easier to intercept opponents coming down on you with utilt since it comes out on the 5th frame and has invincibility

Levitas

the moon
Agree except for the very last point. I never seem to intercept people if I try the utilt. I call it user error, I never did try too hard to figure that utilt out completely...

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
geez,
you guys play tekken?
heihachi's EWGD has to be done in 1 frame!

also, i didn't know he had invincibility on the 5th frame??
are there any other moves like that with ness?

Levitas

the moon
The bat has invincibility, but I'm sure you know that because it's the same time that the bat reflects projectiles, and because the GIF is on this thread. I'm not aware of other attacks w/ invincibility for Ness.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
i thought it was established by phanna awhile ago that pkt2 was really pk thunder jibaku or something ?_?

when you equip the thunder jacket within the first ten frames, are the invincibility hitboxes also equipped?

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
I Do!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that you do get the invulnerability cuz in simna's yyg guide vid, the marth is fsmashing ness with a thunder jacket and isn't getting touched.
But when you do pkt2 and his at the wrong time, marth's fsmash hits ness.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
i thought it was just clanking with the pktj hitbox? iirc invincibility frames during upB's and stuff only make attacks pass through and not clank (but since there is an attack hitbox it clanks anyway)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
No you don't become invincible with the jacket, otherwise it would be too broken (u can be suprised at how easy it is to use it against some people), it just is clanking.

Yes, in AR it says that Ness' pkt2 is called jibaku, but pkt2 is way easier to type.

Levitas

the moon
So basically the only invincible frames are the normal ones, that come out at the normal part of pkt2, and go away normally. Good times.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Bah, too many posts.

Utilt is better than uair in my opinion. If Ness's utilt could be used in the air, he'd be a tiny god. I've never seen any attack outprioritize the utilt, you can even clank Marth's Fsmash with it. Ness is totally a Ninja.

And yeah, it doesn't get the PKT2 invincibility during Jacket. Otherwise Marth's F-smash would hurt him, not clank.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
IMO, I hate the utilt, not 'cause it's bad, just 'cause I can never hit with it, and I rarely try to. That may be why....

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Don't try to hit people on the ground. Lure people into d-airing you, then **** with with utilt into uair into utilt into bair or combinations of the above moves. Utilt pwns all dairs.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
K, I updated the sheik matchup a little. Marth matchup is next. Afterwards, I will do a total revamp of the general Ness info section cuz it sucks right now. Help is appreciated.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
make sure this thread gets nominated for the SWF annual forum awards thing =D

but would that attract too much unwanted attention?

beeger beitter fayuster strongerrrrr!

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I'm pretty n00b at SWF, so how do we go about doing this?
i think when the end of the year comes, a nominations announcement is made so people can nominate whatever they want. i missed the nominations last year and only took part in the voting, so i'm not totally sure how the whole process works.

i just did some looking around, and apparently, last year there wasn't a "best thread" vote. So *Simna* go mention the idea to your first-class mod peers...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
*coughs and mumbles something about thread rating and how that could help this thread win*

*pukes*

Top Bottom