• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The uprising of Diddys

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
(In my area anyway, very very slowly)Nowadays, diddys are starting to come along as common. Do you think that Diddy will be as common as MK? Since overall Diddy tends to "counter" Mk while its a neutral matchup.

Discuss...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
(In my area anyway, very very slowly)Nowadays, diddys are starting to come along as common. Do you think that Diddy will be as common as MK? Since overall Diddy tends to "counter" Mk while its a neutral matchup.

Discuss...
no. People will get used to bananas, and those new diddys will get fed up with how they are getting owned when they won against them the first time, and they'll drop him

and i hope to see you at the san diego tourney on jan 16th. dont hope to play you though (i hate dittos of all characters except ike and capt. falcon)

Count

Smash Champion
I think as people try to pick up diddy they will realize he is a character that you can't just pick up and start being good with, that he takes a lot of practice. So there might be a lot of diddys for a short time, but after that he will trail off again..

crifer

Smash Lord
yeah I agree with chromepirate...
I thought the same, "yeah pick up Diddy, he has so much potential",
and then I realized that the nana play needs a lot of practice and mindgames.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The last tournament I was at there were 4 or 5 Diddy players...out of 18.

That said, I was the only one that dribbled. Sigh.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Well now i will ;) Here is the thing, the more people that play diddy, the harder time diddy players will have to face each tourney. Everyone will know diddy's weaknesses and how to counter him in the future, and only the very top diddy players will be able to compete with him... The rest can just move on to metaknight.

mnkey

Smash Cadet

Discuss...

i noticed that to when i entered tournaments i was the only diddy... now theres about 4 or 5 out of like 15 people its weird.. but i agree with every one they notice its hard to be good with and just give up lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX - You're coming to San Diego? I'll seeya there too ^_^
yea, i cant wait to meet you and tc1 at the tourney. Just please...no dittos :laugh:

seriously...im not bad at them, i just hate them with a fiery passion

closer to the tourney ill have to ask you how i'll determine who you are, since its expected to be an axis-type crowd at this thing

Player-1

Smash Legend
I haven't seen too many new diddy mainers, although, I do see people who secondary very often. Diddy will never be as common as MK until Diddy is in the top 3 top tier placings, which I don't believe will ever happen, but it's possible

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
I don't think people can get used to diddy's nanners in the hands of someone who knows what he's doing, like NinjaLink. He has an answer for every nanners mistake, strategy, combo and counter. Just as people will start figuring out how to counter bananas, Diddy's will know how to use 'em better.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Gah. Don't look at me. I don't play competitively anyway.

Except I was going to main Diddy over Falco at the first place, until I found falco must quicker to adapt to since I played him in melee. Only recent when I kinda got bored of Falco I decided to check out what I missed with diddy, which is a lot.

I don't care how he counters MK. I rather would have used Falco to versus him. (Matchup is prob round the same)

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
yea, i cant wait to meet you and tc1 at the tourney. Just please...no dittos :laugh:

seriously...im not bad at them, i just hate them with a fiery passion

closer to the tourney ill have to ask you how i'll determine who you are, since its expected to be an axis-type crowd at this thing
ill be seeing you there too GDX, along wit Nanerz and TC1 =3
so anyway...while the diddy population is pretty low right now, it might go to a growth spurt like marth in melee than again Diddy needs practice/banana control...what everyone said is correct by all terms but then again..who knows in the future of the population of Diddys

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Hmmm Diddy just idk I liked since brawl forced me to play as him in Sub Space Emissary

But I thought I'd main someone closer to my melee main Link...
But Diddy just fills me with this feel of control...

Its awsome I might main Diddy over Toon Link one day...

IDK

Smash Lord
Therefore, we should ban diddy because he counters the best character in the game! woohoo! wait...

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Diddy has been the most used character out of the 3 last recent tournies I have been too, with MK and Snake being second and third...

Diddy Ditto's are one of my personal worst match ups, with MK being the only one above that.

-advent-

ADHD

Smash Hero
I seriously love diddy dittos, it takes so much thought and stuff I wouldn't mind having a ton of diddy players to face at every tourney.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Just like the earlier posts/ They think diddy is easy street.........and then they quit brawl ............idiots. I wish me beating m2k the first time wasnt freaking worldwide news. that started the influx. I'm tired of seeing ppl using characters they arent good with, MK being the top culprit of this. Ppl just suck.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
Lawl NL, at my recent tourny, i think i was the only diddy but in friendlies there seems to be a lot more than i thought there would be. Friendly Diddy players instead of tourny seems to be happening more often now. i think anyway......

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Lawl NL, at my recent tourny, i think i was the only diddy but in friendlies there seems to be a lot more than i thought there would be. Friendly Diddy players instead of tourny seems to be happening more often now. i think anyway......
Cause they are obviously practicing them for tourney and be like 'OOO THAT DOES WORK!'. ugh

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
if they were practicing them for the tourny matches....wouldnt they be playing them to check what does work and what doesnt?

gets annoying in the end T_T

mnkey

Smash Cadet
stoopid nubs tryin to main diddy but... there are a few out there that are comitted... i admit coming in to this game a little late i sucked more than a baby on a passy..lol... but i commited and well here i am one of the top diddys where im from and the best in my school... not braggin or anything just tryin to make a point

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
like in all seriousness im gonna be realyu upset if i strat seeing a bunch of diddys everywhere NL this is your fault lol jk people need 2 stop meatridin and get there own charecter

Neenja13

Smash Cadet
It is a very anoying topic, but no matter what game you play, anytime people hear of some thing good they jump on it.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
ever since NL beat m2k ive seen a boost in diddies
then i thought oh crap i dont know the matchup. so i decided to use diddy to learn how to fight against him(using bananas and learning strats and stuff) this led to even more diddies. when it turns out everyone was using diddy to fight against diddies that were not even diddies.. WHAT?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Once Diddy reaches the Top Tier section, u can bet there will be chaos lol.

Diddy has never been popular in Texas, but I think a few people here are starting to realize his potential.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Thien, Hylian, Flip?
Thien is from Oklahoma, Flip is the only real Diddy main for Us I think and Hylian uses G&W and IC's more than his Diddy. So we got basically 1 Diddy main and Dojo and Hylian who use him some. Then you can include me since I picked him up recently just to be better overall. So only 4-5 Diddy players Statewide I think unfortunately, and the majority of them use someone else in tourney.

We haven't had people use him much in friendlies either compared to some regions where people use Diddy like he's the new MK.

Best thing though about Diddy here in Texas is that people haven't as a group analyzed him well enough to pick on his weaknesses, making him quite a strong contender when he does show up.

ADHD

Smash Hero
go to metaknight, trust me he's a better character. diddy deserves to be upper high tier, but no more. He struggles with alot of things and they can never be changed. Jk about metaknight as well

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
pretty much everything has been said... everyone will start hating diddy though since ppl already hate my diddy kong at my school. Hopefully he'll be on top tier but that's it.

Top Bottom