• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm planning on quitting my current college in order to study in another one because i don't like the graduation course i chose, but my family disapproves the idea of "quitting a college without finishing it".

I'm gonna do it on my own without anyone knowing about it. However, i can't hide this forever, so i fear what could happen to our relationship once they discover i did such a thing.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My mom and I share a car when we go shopping and so on. It's at least 10 years old and need around 2k$ of work the past 3 months, cars start to break down after a decade. Now it started vibrating and that cost another 700$ to fix.

D

Deleted member

For whatever reason, I have a sudden urge to find a date. I'm quite embarassed by that, because I've been telling my friends and family for years that I don't want to be involved in a romantic relationship, and my father is probably gonna mock me for that if I tell him (He's very humorus. He's funny at times, but sometimes he's just irritating).
There are other problems. For one, it doesn't seem like a girl that shares my interests and is around my age even lives in my country, let alone my school. I doubt I could date a girl that doesn't share my interests because I talk almost exclusively about that, and because I can't stand pretty much anything that's mainstream in my country.
Another issue is that I don't really have any attractive qualities. Look wise, I have pimples. Personality wise, I'm usually cold and silent (And at times snappish), and when I'm not, I talk too much and tell unfunny jokes.
Then there's the fact I'm not the a very sociable person, and that I have little to no grasp on the concept of approaching girls I'm attracted to (There isn't one as of now, but still).

\(°|°)/

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I feel alone more than ever; I keep getting into fights with my parents over my career and it just feels like everyone around me is better than me in every aspect. The girl that I have a crush on is going to move on to great things while I'll just remain a nobody.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I hate this game with a passion, but I cannot stop playing it, I want to make it into a hobby and nothing more but my ****ing stupid brain says otherwise.

D

Deleted member

I can't figure out how the hell I'm supposed to study properly.
Whenever I try to work on something in my free days I end up doing nothing the whole day - I even failed to follow the schedule I made for today.
I want to ask my parents for help, but they're usually not home until it's evening. I try to ask my classmates, but they're not helpful.
My tutor says I should just drop video games, but I can't because playing them is pretty much the only thing I enjoy doing.
And then my parents want me to go outside and interact with the rest of the world? ****, you spend more time on your job than with me and then you tell me, an 11th grade student, to go hang out with his friends because "muh social life"?!
The thing is that I know it's important and my lack of interaction with the outside world is very appearent because of how I act IRL (I'm even more snappish than usual), but I seriously can't balance between school, social life and the stuff I actually want to do.
It's gotten to the point I'm considering giving up because I seriously don't see myself succeeding in school right now and because my talents are better used elsewhere.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I can't figure out how the hell I'm supposed to study properly.
Whenever I try to work on something in my free days I end up doing nothing the whole day - I even failed to follow the schedule I made for today.
I want to ask my parents for help, but they're usually not home until it's evening. I try to ask my classmates, but they're not helpful.
My tutor says I should just drop video games, but I can't because playing them is pretty much the only thing I enjoy doing.
And then my parents want me to go outside and interact with the rest of the world? ****, you spend more time on your job than with me and then you tell me, an 11th grade student, to go hang out with his friends because "muh social life"?!
The thing is that I know it's important and my lack of interaction with the outside world is very appearent because of how I act IRL (I'm even more snappish than usual), but I seriously can't balance between school, social life and the stuff I actually want to do.
It's gotten to the point I'm considering giving up because I seriously don't see myself succeeding in school right now and because my talents are better used elsewhere.
Saaaame exept that I am 12th grade

the place that I mostly enjoy being social is in VRChat because I see more interesting people there and hang out with some girls which is something I have never done real life because I am sure it will never happen (I even played with a streamer for 3 hours).

Most of my real friends don't share the same interest as me (for example they talk about football a lot and idk how I could join their football discussion also none of them is a Nintendo fan and I don't really enjoy FIFA and Shooting games so I can't play with them online and none of them has similar talent to me) and I am losing interest on going outside because I rarely see anything new that does interest me since I already visited a lot of places in my country and the only time I go outside when I need something or getting invited.

D

Deleted member

Saaaame exept that I am 12th grade

the place that I mostly enjoy being social is in VRChat because I see more interesting people there and hang out with some girls which is something I have never done real life because I am sure it will never happen (I even played with a streamer for 3 hours).

Most of my real friends don't share the same interest as me (for example they talk about football a lot and idk how I could join their football discussion also none of them is a Nintendo fan and I don't really enjoy FIFA and Shooting games so I can't play with them online and none of them has similar talent to me) and I am losing interest on going outside because I rarely see anything new that does interest me since I already visited a lot of places in my country and the only time I go outside when I need something or getting invited.
Well then you've got it worse than me. :urg:
The few friends I have are Nintendo fans. Sorry to rub salt on the wound
Though we're really not in touch with the few other Nintendo fans in my country. Being a Nintendo fan in a country that has such few people who like Nintendo things sure is lonely.

D

Deleted member

You know what makes me mad? When a friend tells me that he plays Pokemon and then the only game he shows me is Pokemon GO and gets excited over it.
Basically my school last year.
I was pretty salty about how my favorite franchise got so much exposure because of this overrated phone "game" that's not even good.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You know what makes me mad? When a friend tells me that he plays Pokemon and then the only game he shows me is Pokemon GO and gets excited over it.
Pokémon is so bad now, he is dodging a bullet by not playing anything else.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a girl at Starbucks I think is cute but other than the fact I don't really know how to talk to girls I think are attractive, I dunno about anyone else but I feel awkward when someone tries to talk to me at work. I've also had female coworkers that have told me how much they dislike when guys approach them at work.

I dunno, it's possible she might be interested from her reaction - But I do have a hard time reading people regardless. But, I kind of looked like **** today anyway because I just woke up and decided to go to Starbucks to get my daily coffee. Maybe I should have taken a shower and changed before going. Probably would have at least had more confidence.

Then there is the problem that even if I do find a girl that wants to like hang out or go out or something, I don't really know how to do that.

Last edited:

Sprite

Smash Cadet
There's this friend (girl) of mine who I've liked for such a long time but I'm too much of a wimp to even consider telling her. It's not like she hates me, we're pretty close, I just feel like I'm handling it all wrong, not to mention I kinda suck at flirting

But at least smash switch is coming out :)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Heavy snow last month destroyed my gutters so I have to replace those. Gonna try and do it on my own. And the handle to my drivers side car door snapped off cause it’s cheap so I gotta fix that.

Trying to get my parents to fly over to Japan so they can see their grand daughter but they are terrified of both flying and leaving the States. Plus the fact that have no interest in other countries or Japan for that matter doesn’t help. They are waiting for us to come back/move back but it’s not happening anytime soon so I know they resent us for it. My parents always gives us the same excuses like; We are getting too old. What would we do with our dog? We don’t like Japanese food. We don’t speak Japanese. Our plane might be bombed. What if we can’t return to the States because of an emergency? We can’t find a church while we are there. We aren’t interested in Japan.

My wife’s parents, who are in their late eighties, managed to fly to America with us and stay with us for a week and a half despite never being outside of Japan and unable to speak english....something I always try to bring up.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My mom's car blew out a tire so we'll have to get all 4 replaced. It's almost impossible to save money with all the random c*** that always happens.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw the first girl I asked out, 13 years ago, at the mall just now.

Kinda made me remember a few things and what I've done since.

Like the fact I haven't been attracted to a girl since as much as I was attracted to her. Also I didn't get as "far" with a girl as I did with her.

Basically I've never done what I can call "dating" EVER.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
I can relate to that, started seeing my first crush on campus and it brings up a lot of feels. I also haven't done any dating and I still have feelings for her.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I remember when one of my first actual long-time crush started dating my best friend. It kind of sucked but I got over it and they eventually married after high school. Now they are happily married with 5 kids and a sixth on the way. Funny how time works.

I can’t relate with my parents anymore. I guess perhaps my long time absence is partially to blame but I just can’t talk or confide in them as I used to. They have become judgemental “libturds are going to hell MAGA!!!” Christian old farts without me realizing it. If I try and get any sort of grounded advice, it’s either A) move back tonight Amuuuricah, B) Obama’s fault or C) pray to God.

D

Deleted member

I have low self-esteem and I have had temptations of committing suicide. :(

D

Deleted member

What you have just isn't as apparently valued by society. Society is very shallow. Have you considered talking to a therapist and maybe getting on anti-depressants?
A therapist is a good option, but I do not want to get on anti-depressants though.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
A therapist is a good option, but I do not want to get on anti-depressants though.
i totally understand the idea of not wanting to be on anti-depressants but make sure that you talk to the The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-TALK ) or just talk to someone, there is always someone willing to listen. If you don't know anyone personally hit me with a dm and I can try to help

Rizen

Smash Legend
In this day in age and country anti-depressants are practically required. The car was $756 btw, but it needed new tires anyway. Replacing a bent rim was what tacked on the extra.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
In this day in age and country anti-depressants are practically required. The car was $756 btw, but it needed new tires anyway. Replacing a bent rim was what tacked on the extra.
I don't really think that anti-depressants are required, but it is probably the easiest solution. Also hope the car isn't a setback for you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I went to get my taxes done today and the person gave me a really high asking fee ($350) to get it done. The fee combined with the fee for not having life insurance last year ($695) would make me owe $1045 so I asked if I was even going to get a refund, because I didn't work much last year. (Just 2 months out of the year)

After looking through my forms the person estimated that on top of the $1045, I'd also owe an additional $2000+.

That freaked me out because, like I said, I only worked 2 months last year and this year I've only been getting like 16 hours a week at minimum wage. (Literally the worst job I've ever had)

I decided not to do my taxes with them, because I didn't want that additional $350 on top of what I already would owe.

Later, I got a call from that person. Apparently they read one of my forms wrong and thought I sold a large amount of 401K untaxed. Which is where a lot of that huge amount came from. I dunno how they got that wrong.

So, I guess that's less stress. But I don't know how much I'm actually going to owe. That $695 (Which is the very least I'll owe) is really damaging but in the least I can pay that. But what on top of that?

---

Edit: After actually getting my taxes done I got a refund, but the fee for doing it was the same $300 at the other place. So it kind of balanced out.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My cat's 2 but she's constantly needy. She's very smart and gets bored with her toys very quickly. I try to play with her but she doesn't respond and I can't keep buying new cat toys. Motorized toys are too predictable for her. She can plan ahead and run around the couch to intercept toys moving behind it and recognizes patterns. I played with her with a string on a fishing pole last night but she still brings toys on me when I'm sleeping and tears around on top of me. I've tried to take her for walks with a leash and harness but she immediately learned to back against the leash and pull it off.

She knocks things like my lamp off the counter and chews up things like a puppy would. I can't keep ribbon or anything weaker than parachute cord around because she'll chew through and swallow it. This has happened to my shoelace. She'll tore buttons off my shirts. She eats paper.

She's also very urpy and throws up a lot. Sometimes she doesn't lick herself well enough after using her box and leaves stinky spots where she sits.

IDK what to do. I play with her frequently and take her on drives and over to my mom's house for stimulation. She's driving me crazy.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
My cat's 2 but she's constantly needy. She's very smart and gets bored with her toys very quickly. I try to play with her but she doesn't respond and I can't keep buying new cat toys. Motorized toys are too predictable for her. She can plan ahead and run around the couch to intercept toys moving behind it and recognizes patterns. I played with her with a string on a fishing pole last night but she still brings toys on me when I'm sleeping and tears around on top of me. I've tried to take her for walks with a leash and harness but she immediately learned to back against the leash and pull it off.

She knocks things like my lamp off the counter and chews up things like a puppy would. I can't keep ribbon or anything weaker than parachute cord around because she'll chew through and swallow it. This has happened to my shoelace. She'll tore buttons off my shirts. She eats paper.

She's also very urpy and throws up a lot. Sometimes she doesn't lick herself well enough after using her box and leaves stinky spots where she sits.

IDK what to do. I play with her frequently and take her on drives and over to my mom's house for stimulation. She's driving me crazy.
Just get a dog :)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't feel like waking up in the mornings. I've got to stop looking at youtube comments; they're where stupid racist/sexist/etc people fester. Also I missed going to a smash weekly last night because the stupid cab I called at 5:35 called at 6:05 and said it would take them 20 minutes just to get to me. The event's 10 minutes away and starts a little after 6. I'm also starting to have wrist problems again.

PS cat's still driving me crazy. She chewed off the string tied to her fishing pole toy and, i can only assume, ate it. IDK how that'll play out but she doesn't act sick.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Well, I wanna die. Thought I saw my childhood crush at work after seeing another dude who did go to school with me and her. Like, the chicks eye-ballin me all day and I never got a good look at her but she looked a lot like her from what I had seen. So I do the most natural thing to do.

I message her for the first time in years asking her if it was her and that I really didn't want things to be awkward if it was.

She responds two hours later with "Nope wasn't me lol" but thats not even the bad part. I hit that facebook icon faster than I could blink so now I look desperate someone end my suffering. Even further my profile picture is of Mimikyu which I like but I'd imagine it would make me look like a bum to anyone who isn't a gamer.

It's funny, I was so relaxed and comfortable this morning and now I'm in my room upset at myself, beating myself up over stuff I was convinced didn't matter anymore.

I really shouldn't care what she thinks of me. I'd imagine my opinion of her means nothing. Yet, I'm just agonizing over how dumb I made myself look again. Some things never change I guess.

*Note: no one has to respond to this I'm honestly just looking for a space to vent.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Left another group of people that were beginning to see me as family. At this point I think I'm dangerously afraid of attachment, and I don't know how to solve it. It's like something inside of me craves being alone; the space of it, the lack of importance I feel to people.

And it keeps winning. Why does it keep winning...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No good deed goes unpunished. The lesson I thought I learned and the message that kicked me in the ass when I faltered on it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been really depressed. My mom has stage 4 cancer. She can only be on the current hormonal treatment for so long. She's having some trouble walking more than shot distances.

It's hard to get people to do something as simple as voting. Social apathy is appalling.

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
Upset that I cannot go to E3 due to age restriction...I swear once I hit 17 it will be an annual thing to go there, I've been watching E3 since I was like 10 and I still have two years left until I qualify to go there...:(

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The thread's to post what you want. Other people's misfortune doesn't nullify one's own no matter the size.

Top Bottom