• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
My high school sucks, basically 1/4 of the school doesn't identify with a gender, another 1/4 are ghettofags, and the the other 1/4 are ****bois. Everyone hates me, they pick on me, and they think I'm homicidal simply because I ignore all of them. Everyone is an *******, and my life is terrible.
what the hell is a ghettofag?

:150:

Last edited:

CalamitySB

Smash Cadet
[EDIT] Damn, sniped by Guts.
That just made me imagine Guts chucking his sword a few miles to snipe someone, and that immediately made me happy.

If I had to say one more thing that makes me unhappy, it would be when bad habits reward me. This is up there with the most meaningless problems, but whenever I try to schedule something, I do worse than when I do it at the last minute. Procrastination rewards me more than an actual schedule, and I know that's going to bite me hard sometime soon, but I don't want to fix it because I give my best work. If only this worked for Smash.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'm doing a Q/A regarding these issues gents. I know life can suck **** at times but there's a way to turn anything and everything around. I'm doing a Q/A on "How I learned how to attract any girl I want, how I became #4 ranked in the north East in smash, how to develop confidence, and basically how I went from a fat depressed virgin to a pimp daddy engineer with my own business.

Seriousy. I'm here to help guys.

https://twitter.com/Joscoman
https://www.twitch.tv/buuman (Live Q&A)

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'm doing a Q/A regarding these issues gents. I know life can suck **** at times but there's a way to turn anything and everything around. I'm doing a Q/A on "How I learned how to attract any girl I want, how I became #4 ranked in the north East in smash, how to develop confidence, and basically how I went from a fat depressed virgin to a pimp daddy engineer with my own business.

Seriousy. I'm here to help guys.

https://twitter.com/Joscoman
https://www.twitch.tv/buuman (Live Q&A)

What?

ScrapHeap

Smash Cadet
Now I'm unhappy because it feels like no matter what I do I'm just destined to not have real life friends. I'm trying so hard to be polite and respectful and nice but it's just so frustrating when everything is thrown back in my face that I've become a passive-aggressive jackass that hates being anywhere that isn't his room. It's even worse when I'm on the computer of videogames; my ****talk gets so insulting and demeaning that at the end of the day I'm sitting at home and I just start wondering why I'm even leaving my house if all I'm doing is being a *****. I can't stop myself either, people are just such pieces of **** that I can't help but get so infuriated. I try my absolute hardest not to say anything when I start having problems because I know nothing I say will improve the situation and in most cases will only make it worse. Even when I'm trying to make small talk I'm coming off as a condescending douchebag and it's just the way I talk and I get really pressured because I don't wanna be like this anymore and I already went to therapy for this **** and now I'm pouring my heart out to people on a website about a beloved gamecube game-my personal FAVORITE gamecube game-and at the end of the day it doesn't even matter. I'm gonna go to sleep, forget I even posted this and do absolutely nothing to fix it.

saladtossfalcon

Smash Rookie
what the hell is a ghettofag?

They are those people who dress and act ghetto, or people who aren't really ghetto, but look the part to get popularity

Well, what's the problem with the people that "Don't identify with a gender"?
I'm not saying its bad that they don't, its just that they rub it in my face, as if I care, and they all start accusing me of being things when I tell them I don't care about their sexuality or their gender. I just want to be left alone, yet I get pinned a horrible person for desiring such.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying its bad that they don't, its just that they rub it in my face, as if I care, and they all start accusing me of being things when I tell them I don't care about their sexuality or their gender. I just want to be left alone, yet I get pinned a horrible person for desiring such.
Just a protip; don't doublepost. Edit what you were going to say in your last post if you have more to say. Mods will get on your ass about that.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
One or two of you may recognize that I post often on the Happy Thread, and things have presumably been going good with the girl I've been talking about.

Well... It's been getting iffy. I have her phone number, but she's always busy no matter what day of the week or time of day. We talk at lunch, of course, but she just doesn't seem interested. She seems unaffected by my presence at lunch, and I'm starting to get the feeling that she just doesn't want to talk over the phone (even though she agreed to the exchange in the first place). I don't have any solid evidence that she isn't interested, but the prognosis is grim. If it's true, and she gave me her number for some other reason (what other reason is there?), it's curtains for another crush. Chalk it up as failure #3. If it isn't true, then she has one heck of a poker face, and she must be the busiest person on planet Earth.

My experiences with girls are not very good ones (with the exception of friends). All of them in one way or another have led me on. And let me tell you, if you're led to believe that someone likes you, only to figure out they were just trying to make you feel better, that stings more than rejection. If there's one thing I hate about dating, it's that everyone is too soft on me. Stop thinking about my feelings first, and do what you feel is right. Don't lead me on, because then it will hurt so much more. I want girls to be frank with me. If your don't want to talk with me over the phone, DON'T DO IT. If your're not interested in me, DON'T TRY TO MAKE ME THINK SO. It drives me crazy whenever someone does this, and I know they're just trying to do what they think is nice, or polite, but the fact still stands, it hurts so much more. A friend of mine did this to me before I found this girl, and it still sticks with me today. Stuff like that is hard to get over.

The really sad part about this is that she was the only girl in the entire school left that I could be interested in (The other ones are either too copy-paste of one another or really, really obnoxious), and when I move up to the new building, only the people from my school are coming with me, so that means no new people. And I have no other way of meeting anyone due to my generally anti-social habits and me hating sports/extra-curricular activities (I mean, seriously, I hate EVERYTHING). So I guess I'm going to have to stay single until I get out of high school. Fun.... I have to walk around feeling like my soul is missing an important piece for three more years... Wish me luck.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
My experiences with girls are not very good ones (with the exception of friends). All of them in one way or another have led me on. And let me tell you, if you're led to believe that someone likes you, only to figure out they were just trying to make you feel better, that stings more than rejection. If there's one thing I hate about dating, it's that everyone is too soft on me. Stop thinking about my feelings first, and do what you feel is right. Don't lead me on, because then it will hurt so much more. I want girls to be frank with me. If your don't want to talk with me over the phone, DON'T DO IT. If your're not interested in me, DON'T TRY TO MAKE ME THINK SO. It drives me crazy whenever someone does this, and I know they're just trying to do what they think is nice, or polite, but the fact still stands, it hurts so much more. A friend of mine did this to me before I found this girl, and it still sticks with me today. Stuff like that is hard to get over.
Okay, I'm going to say that this also happened to me, the pity part and all. It sucks, I know man. But you NEED to know how she really feels from as soon as possible. I got too attached to my ex and when we broke up I just felt like crap for a while. The first step to any kind of relationship is communication. And, maybe, she just thinks your being too close to her. You need to give them some space sometimes. Try sitting near some different friends tomorrow, and when you go back to sitting with her the next day see how she reacts.

Just some tips from the average high school nerdy kid, who has awkwardly similar experiences to yours.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Okay, I'm going to say that this also happened to me, the pity part and all. It sucks, I know man. But you NEED to know how she really feels from as soon as possible. I got too attached to my ex and when we broke up I just felt like crap for a while. The first step to any kind of relationship is communication. And, maybe, she just thinks your being too close to her. You need to give them some space sometimes. Try sitting near some different friends tomorrow, and when you go back to sitting with her the next day see how she reacts.

Just some tips from the average high school nerdy kid, who has awkwardly similar experiences to yours.
I'll try that. Thanks.

But I don't feel I've been too close to her, really. In all honesty, I feel I've probably been as far away from her as I can be while still being friends. Then again, that's a thing I do with a lot of people. Whenever I do get close to someone, I feel like no matter what there's going to be something that stings beyond repair. And it's proven time and time again that that's usually the case. I don't really have any close bonds with anyone, so all of this is really a challenge. I enjoy the company of others, but getting close to people feels off. I feel like the only reason I'm not ignoring dating is because I can't shake that certain emotion. Oddly enough, I'm really open about this sort of stuff, contrary to all evidence stated previously.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I'll try that. Thanks.

But I don't feel I've been too close to her, really. In all honesty, I feel I've probably been as far away from her as I can be while still being friends. Then again, that's a thing I do with a lot of people. Whenever I do get close to someone, I feel like no matter what there's going to be something that stings beyond repair. And it's proven time and time again that that's usually the case. I don't really have any close bonds with anyone, so all of this is really a challenge. I enjoy the company of others, but getting close to people feels off. I feel like the only reason I'm not ignoring dating is because I can't shake that certain emotion. Oddly enough, I'm really open about this sort of stuff, contrary to all evidence stated previously.
Well, good luck man. Hopefully it turns out good for you.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Good luck! I hope it goes well.
We'll see... If not, here's to three years of not having to worry about relationships if I had to be optimistic.

Well, I'm going back to being positive. It's good to get that stuff off my chest, but like Guildmaster Wigglytuff always says: "Smiles go for miles! YOOM-TAH"

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I must have one of the weirdest darn problems in the world. I doubt if anyone, anywhere, feels the way I do. It doesn't usually bother me too much, but sometimes, it hits me.

I really wish I were better at making small talk with other people, and just at making friends in general. But in my current state, I have no idea how to improve, after having set myself back by destroying what friendships I did have, through being stupid. I have like one friend left on earth (over the internet), and I’m pretty sure he’s tired of talking to me since I never have anything to talk about, because my life isn’t that interesting (unless we argue about my odd and cynical world views, how pleasant!). So I generally avoid messaging him, as he never messages me first (the fact I am usually careful of intruding on other people’s space and just shy/quiet in general doesn’t help).

Plus in my current state the only place I can go to to make friends is the internet. And I hate that form of communication. Sure, it’s easier to type stuff than to say it, but this leads to revealing secrets or emotions that would be better hidden. And geez, is the internet a disgusting place. After being tricked online by one or two people into false friendships (though it was my own fault) I find it impossible to believe anyone is sincere. I'm pretty sure this would extend into real life, also. Plus very few people on the ’net (or anywhere, really), meet my rather demanding standards anyway. Almost anyone that seems a potential pal is into NSFW garbage, etc.

It's a lot to do with my upbringing, too. I was taught to be mistrustful. I was taught that other people will only drag you down. I was taught that wanting to hang around other people was WRONG, basically. And I agree. Or at least, I thought I did. It's like both at once. I don't see how any good could possibly come of having friends. Even my past experiences (somewhat) point to this. And I fear I'm in the wrong for wanting to meet other people, to try again, and that doing so would be a terrible mistake. So I ask myself… what’s the point? Why do I want friends anyway, when I’m so distrustful and cynical and like being alone 75% of the time anyway? I really don’t know… lol.

Long, disjointed, pointless rants no one cares about that are also trivial in the grand scheme of things.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Someone PLEASE let me know if I'm just a **** but...

There's this girl who always sits with me at lunch and talks to me before and after any class we have. She always tries to be my partner in every group activity there is, even if I want to do it with another one of my friends. She's nice, she's kinda cute, she watches anime and plays video games, but there's one BIG issue;
Her personality.
Oh my god, this girl. She never shuts up about anything. She's loud and obnoxious. Me and another friend told her about Undertale, and I don't think she's gone a day without telling me about her alternate universe theories. She latches on to things obsessively and talks about them constantly. She's always telling me about her "new anime she just started watching" or "this really funny game I saw". (99% of the time she only knows about it because of the memes surrounding it). The worst part is that not many other people in the school are her friend, so I guess I'm one of the only ones that will put up with her.

But I can't keep pretending to be her friend out of pity, that's just cruel. I don't know what to do...

Last edited:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Maybe try a "sunspension of disbelief" approach on the internet. Don't get emotionally involved (easier said than done) don't trust people until you think they've earned it, and instead of conflicting with people play along or at least hang back. People will always be offense and crude but the arguing doesn't usually achieve much so leaving it be is okay. I don't think the amount of friends is something to worry about. Keep an open mind, but if you keep to yourself most of the time it's fine, as long as you have someone to trust (not quite sure how to help you with that; you'll probably run into a sincere person at some point).
I must have one of the weirdest darn problems in the world. I doubt if anyone, anywhere, feels the way I do. It doesn't usually bother me too much, but sometimes, it hits me.

I really wish I were better at making small talk with other people, and just at making friends in general. But in my current state, I have no idea how to improve, after having set myself back by destroying what friendships I did have, through being stupid. I have like one friend left on earth (over the internet), and I’m pretty sure he’s tired of talking to me since I never have anything to talk about, because my life isn’t that interesting (unless we argue about my odd and cynical world views, how pleasant!). So I generally avoid messaging him, as he never messages me first (the fact I am usually careful of intruding on other people’s space and just shy/quiet in general doesn’t help).

Plus in my current state the only place I can go to to make friends is the internet. And I hate that form of communication. Sure, it’s easier to type stuff than to say it, but this leads to revealing secrets or emotions that would be better hidden. And geez, is the internet a disgusting place. After being tricked online by one or two people into false friendships (though it was my own fault) I find it impossible to believe anyone is sincere. I'm pretty sure this would extend into real life, also. Plus very few people on the ’net (or anywhere, really), meet my rather demanding standards anyway. Almost anyone that seems a potential pal is into NSFW garbage, etc.

It's a lot to do with my upbringing, too. I was taught to be mistrustful. I was taught that other people will only drag you down. I was taught that wanting to hang around other people was WRONG, basically. And I agree. Or at least, I thought I did. It's like both at once. I don't see how any good could possibly come of having friends. Even my past experiences (somewhat) point to this. And I fear I'm in the wrong for wanting to meet other people, to try again, and that doing so would be a terrible mistake. So I ask myself… what’s the point? Why do I want friends anyway, when I’m so distrustful and cynical and like being alone 75% of the time anyway? I really don’t know… lol.

Long, disjointed, pointless rants no one cares about that are also trivial in the grand scheme of things.
Someone PLEASE let me know if I'm just a **** but...

There's this girl who always sits with me at lunch and talks to me before and after any class we have. She always tries to be my partner in every group activity there is, even if I want to do it with another one of my friends. She's nice, she's kinda cute, she watches anime and plays video games, but there's one BIG issue;
Her personality.
Oh my god, this girl. She never shuts up about anything. She's loud and obnoxious. Me and another friend told her about Undertale, and I don't think she's gone a day without telling me about her alternate universe theories. She latches on to things obsessively and talks about them constantly. She's always telling me about her "new anime she just started watching" or "this really funny game I saw". (99% of the time she only knows about it because of the memes surrounding it). The worst part is that not many other people in the school are her friend, so I guess I'm one of the only ones that will put up with her.

But I can't keep pretending to be her friend out of pity, that's just cruel. I don't know what to do...
You can try gently letting her know that you don't do well with all the chatter. If you tell her, she might tone it back. There are plenty of online communities where she can talk about that kind of stuff if she doesn't already use them. Some people can be irritating; addressing the problem won't make you an **** as long as you're well-intentioned.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The cliché statement, "honesty is the best policy" holds here.

Just tell her that you aren't really interested in hearing about her theories or other obsessions. That doesn't prevent you from being her friend, you are just acknowledging something that she needs to tone down.

Perhaps introducing her to an online community or forum might help let out her interests.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone ever wanted to be friendly but think if you are people will react negatively

I dunno, possibly insulting you, thinking you're not good enough, or taking it the wrong way?

I'm scared to act friendly at times

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ever wanted to be friendly but think if you are people will react negatively

I dunno, possibly insulting you, thinking you're not good enough, or taking it the wrong way?

I'm scared to act friendly at times
Not personally for me, I act friendly most of the time to people I know and don't know. Being friendly isn't an inherently bad thing. There's times to be friendly to everyone around you, and there's times to be more "professional" and keep feelings to the side. At least that's how I look at it.

Sn0wman

Smash Rookie
Can too much Smash be a bad thing?...

In the last few years I have found that a lot of my high school acquaintances and a few of my close friends are getting engaged and married etc. It seems that a lot of people that I know of, and are friendly with are doing a lot of growing up lately. Whereas, all I can do is think about Smash.

I've recently graduated from university and have been able to get a full time job in the field of which I studied. The money isn't great but I'm doing ok for my age. Even now (while in work) I cannot help but surf Smashboards, look up PM Skins and textures, and when I get home, I'm doing much of the same. Once I finish dinner with the parents, I go up to my room alone and change music & character files in PM, and when I'm going to bed I think to myself, "man, it would be nice to have a girlfriend around".

I'm my own worst enemy. I don't go out to meet new people, and when I do go out, all I can think about is how nice it would be if I were with my small circle of friends playing Smash... I feel as if I'm stuck in an endless loop! Heck, I was invited out to a party this coming Saturday night and I'm actively trying to get out of it as I want to play Smash!

I couldn't be the only one...right?...

cornandbeans

Smash Cadet
Can too much Smash be a bad thing?...

In the last few years I have found that a lot of my high school acquaintances and a few of my close friends are getting engaged and married etc. It seems that a lot of people that I know of, and are friendly with are doing a lot of growing up lately. Whereas, all I can do is think about Smash.

I've recently graduated from university and have been able to get a full time job in the field of which I studied. The money isn't great but I'm doing ok for my age. Even now (while in work) I cannot help but surf Smashboards, look up PM Skins and textures, and when I get home, I'm doing much of the same. Once I finish dinner with the parents, I go up to my room alone and change music & character files in PM, and when I'm going to bed I think to myself, "man, it would be nice to have a girlfriend around".

I'm my own worst enemy. I don't go out to meet new people, and when I do go out, all I can think about is how nice it would be if I were with my small circle of friends playing Smash... I feel as if I'm stuck in an endless loop! Heck, I was invited out to a party this coming Saturday night and I'm actively trying to get out of it as I want to play Smash!

I couldn't be the only one...right?...
As long as you can balance out your activity between Smash and your personal life, there isn't any problem. You can make time for people and still have leisure time to play video games such as Smash Brothers. Playing Smash Brothers whilst in a relationship has never really been a problem for me. I actually told my latest girlfriend what she would think if I ever went to a major, and she said she was completely fine with it. It really isn't that difficult to temporarily put Smash aside, just make yourself a schedule, and stick with it. I usually get two hours or so of practice in a day (on days I'm not playing other games, that is) and I usually practice at the end of the day when I have nothing else to do. I put everything else before the game pretty much, but still find great time to practice.

As far as the party goes, go to it. What's it going to hurt? You're complaining about never meeting new people, and it's a chance to get out. Don't complain about something if you're not willing to change it.

Sn0wman

Smash Rookie
As long as you can balance out your activity between Smash and your personal life, there isn't any problem. You can make time for people and still have leisure time to play video games such as Smash Brothers. Playing Smash Brothers whilst in a relationship has never really been a problem for me. I actually told my latest girlfriend what she would think if I ever went to a major, and she said she was completely fine with it. It really isn't that difficult to temporarily put Smash aside, just make yourself a schedule, and stick with it. I usually get two hours or so of practice in a day (on days I'm not playing other games, that is) and I usually practice at the end of the day when I have nothing else to do. I put everything else before the game pretty much, but still find great time to practice.

As far as the party goes, go to it. What's it going to hurt? You're complaining about never meeting new people, and it's a chance to get out. Don't complain about something if you're not willing to change it.
Thanks for the advice!

"Don't complain about something if you're not willing to change it." I really needed to hear that. I'm pretty bad at balancing stuff like this so I will make a schedule and try and stick to it the best I can. I will change what I don't like about myself. I'm forcing me to put myself out there more, starting with this party thing.

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
>Laptop's hard drive becomes corrupted
>Spends money on new hard drive
2 months later
>Old laptop breaks down because of hard drive failure
>Spends money on a better laptop
2 weeks later
>New laptop breaks down
>Hard drive and CMOS battery corruption

I'm just not even going to try at this point.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
My wii u gamepad got water damage. I hope it gets better, because I can only really play smash bros until it gets fixed.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I didn't win the DV Lottery, AGAIN... Two years trying. Some people have tried for over a decade to no avail, but others get their shot on their first try... I'm so jealous...

Americans have no idea of how lucky they are...

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I didn't win the DV Lottery, AGAIN... Two years trying. Some people have tried for over a decade to no avail, but others get their shot on their first try... I'm so jealous...

Americans have no idea of how lucky they are...
The chance of winning the lottery isn't high no matter where you live... You shouldn't be banking on anything with the lottery.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
My friend is moving to England...

Luckily, it isn't until the end of this year

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
It's exam season :( I'm not done until mid May. I want to practice Melee so bad that I even dream about playing matches LOL

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I got around to taking a public speaking course, a requirement for an Associate of Arts. Nobody can understand what I'm saying in normal conversation, I don't know how I'm going to pull this off. I was completely unable to speak on the first presentation.

On a side note, everyone seems to think I'm flirting with them. I'm too nice and too deep. It doesn't help that I'm not exactly good-looking.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Lately most, if not all of my free time has been consumed by the stress and anxiety that comes from my job as well as an online college course that I've essentially been forced to take.

I'm pretty sure I've posted about it before, but I've been working as a video rental clerk for about 6 months now, and every day since then, I've been wanting to tear my own throat out. The job itself is relatively easy, but for someone like me, it's an absolute nightmare. There's almost nothing to do in the shop for most of the day, so a lot of my time spent in there involves standing around waiting for something to happen. I've been told to just keep cleaning if that's the case, but I can only do that for so long before I need a break from it.
It also doesn't help that I'm just not a "people person." I hate making small talk to customers, I hate having them in there, I just hate people in general, and I just want them to get something and get out, and it bothers me how low people have gotten this day and age. I've had so many people bug me with the question of, "Do you have this movie in stock?" only for me to walk over and pick up a copy off the shelf that was literally right in front of them, and I'm fed up with people that get so many late fees that they can't rent out again, so they freak out on me. I just wanna say something like, "Dude, I'm just an unfortunate employee stuck behind a counter for hours on end. It's not my fault you suck at bringing crap back."
And then there's the phone. THAT FRICKIN UNHOLY PHONE. It doesn't matter if I'm trying to be nice to customer or in the back putting something away, if that phone rings more than twice, I have to pay Hell for it. Seriously, if I can't answer that bloody thing fast enough, I either get paged by a manager or the customer service desk (ironically) and get lectured about how I "need to answer the phone." I've been trapped there for six. Effing. Months. I didn't get hired to be the phone answering guy. Besides, if they're taking time out of their busy day to piss me off about it, what's stopping them from answering it themselves?
Seriously, just thinking about this job is making me go insane.

But that's not even my main complaint about it. It's supposed to be a part-time position, but it's been more like a full-time job for the last two months. Of all the other employees in there, two of them are in school, one has another position within the store, and the other usually has to take time off for health reasons, so that leaves me to take a bunch of extra shifts. That mixed in with my own schooling leaves almost no free time to actually do what I really want.

Speaking of school, I've been taking a couple of online general college courses that I never even wanted to take in the first place. After I graduated from that rathole of a high school, my plan was to take it easy for at least a little bit, but my mom had other plans. She pressured me into college classes that I had no desire for, and of course, like the obedient little puppy I am, I gave into it, her reason being "to give me something to do while I was job-hunting." (Well, I have the crappy job now, why am I still doing this?) Here's the thing: I hate school. A lot. I have a firm belief that it's a total waste of time and money, especially with all the crap they teach you that you'd never use again in your life. Look, I get that a lot of people are probably going to say that school is actually important and yadda yadda yadda, but honestly, I do better if I'm able to teach myself in things that I actually care about.

What I really want as a career is to be a game developer (mostly indie at the moment). I have access to game engines, I have access to tutorials, I have everything I should technically need to build a game and... oh wait. I don't have free time.

Now, I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating all of this (and I probably am) and I actually do have a little bit of free time throughout the day, but the thing is, I'm most likely what some people would call an "introvert" or in other words, doing these sort of things drain my energy, so I usually need some time to "recharge." I usually have at least a few hours in a day to play some games and relax, but then the thought of work and school keeps getting to me and then I get stressed out like no other.

I know I've said this before, but it just feels like world will stop at nothing just to see me fail.

Sorry about the wall of text, I just needed to vent for a bit...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think I'm unattractive

Yet, I believe deep down in my mind that no one could EVER be attracted to me

So I've never put any real effort into trying to date or anything.

I'm already 30 and I've never dated or anything like that once.

I guess I've sort of tried, but I never believed the girl could like me anyway so I don't think I put full effort into trying

Sn0wman

Smash Rookie
[I may have posted this in the wrong place]

Hey man, I'm sure there have been a lot of people here that have been in your position in the past. I used to work for Spar, not sure if you have them were you are, but they are a chain of retail stores (petrol/gas stations and supermarkets). I know EXACTLY how you feel. Working for Spar and studying full time was very hard at some points. You have to take and stand and reduce your working hours in the video store for the sake of your studying and future development. If you are only contracted for part time hours, you should ONLY be doing part time hours.
I know the position you are in. The public suck. They are lazy and stupid, but don't let them get to you, its all part of the job unfortunately! Before I worked for Spar I used to be a happy person, and as time went by, it sucked the life out of me and I became a miserable person. It wasn't until I had a rare argument with my parents over something silly where they told me that "I used to be a happy person and what happened to me?" I told them everything about how much I hated my job. I hated my job so much that when I was travelling to work I wished that someone would just put me in hospital so I wouldn't have to go! (how f****** dark is that?!!). Talk to someone about it if you can, even your parents, I'm sure they were in your position before!

Anyway, I eventually after 5 years got out of that place and never looked back. I got an opportunity to work in a company as part of my year out from university in the field of which I was studying. The pay was essentially non-existent, it just about covered my travel costs. But I loved the job and the people I worked with. I worked my ass off and they offered me a full time position - if I got the grades at university. I'm not telling you to quit your job, stick it out and save up some cash until you are in a position to quit and move on. This is only a tiny amount of your life, if you work hard it WILL get better!

I know you may not think that school is important, and I agree with you - to an extent. It is hard work and boring, and you will feel like you just cannot be bothered with it all... but again, stick it out. We live in a part of the world where other people would be begging for the opportunities that we have. Without getting the grades in school, I wouldn't be in the job where I am today. Once you finish your classes you have to take that chance and concentrate on what you love. Develop games, learn how the engines work, learn how the industry works, send out your CV to as many people as you can!

You say that you don't have free time, well, you're in a position to make some! Reduce your hours in work as you are entitled to do, finish your classes and even spend half an hour each night trying something new.

Good luck my fellow Smasher!

Last edited:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
I don't think I'm unattractive

Yet, I believe deep down in my mind that no one could EVER be attracted to me

So I've never put any real effort into trying to date or anything.

I'm already 30 and I've never dated or anything like that once.

I guess I've sort of tried, but I never believed the girl could like me anyway so I don't think I put full effort into trying
One of the best things in life is being proven wrong. Even if you don't believe in yourself, there is probably someone who does, and has a good reason to do so. Keep that in mind.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I know all of my posts have to do with this girl I like, but I can't help it. I'm sad and confused.

I know she at least likes me a little bit. I know that for sure. And I have her number. And for those of you reading this, you're probably thinking: "But Ace, that's a good thing! Why aren't you in the Happy Thread flaunting it?" Well, it is a good thing... if we actually could talk on the phone. I really, really like this person, but she's just too busy. I can't do anything from the confinements of the lunch table. For me, the only way to try and go one step further is to start up external conversations over the phone, but every time I try to get a hold of her (every 1-3 days, not every day. She needs a little bit of space) she's either too busy or doesn't respond. Some of you may be thinking that I'm just in denial because she actually doesn't like me, but I know for sure that isn't true. Her friends confirmed that she's busy a lot and she exhibits a lot of the signs of being interested. She blushes occasionally, and she even teased me for two days straight. She didn't start the teasing, but when it was started she took over that train real quick.

I want things to work out. I genuinely do. It would be fantastic if she of all people was my first date/girlfriend, but if she remains this busy, it just isn't going to happen. It's impossible. It's not because I don't want it to happen, it's because, realistically, it just isn't going to happen. I've already started looking around, but I'm going to stop myself now and restart when school begins again next year. It's going to be really hard to find someone who tops her, or find anyone at all, but I just need to move on.

Now, the next part of my depressive rant, finding someone else. I'll just put all my cards on the table right now. That person will never show up. It's not because I hate myself, or I'm unattractive, it's because there's literally no one out there. Their all either (insert profane b-word here), completely obnoxious, off-limits, or uninteresting. No one stands out in any way. I'm looking for someone with a genuine personality, someone who isn't afraid to be different, and someone who I can be happy with. These girls won't bring anything like that. These girls are pretty faces and nothing else. I know that's really insensitive to say, but to me from the outside looking in, that's how it is. I'm not afraid to give criticism where it's needed. I just wish that there was someone out there with just the right qualities, someone who's beautiful on the outside and in, and maybe likes videogames. That last one is an added bonus, but it would really help the relationship because vdeogames are my hobby. it's what I do on an hourly basis.

Sorry for the wall of text, but if you read this, thank you. You can comment on it if you want, but you don't have to. I'm just in a bad mood... Nothing really ever seems to go my way when it comes to dating. It just ends in the friend zone...

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I'm kinda feeling a little bit out of steam...

There hasn't been a day when the sun came out yet, this week.

It's been cloudy and moody for 5 days.

And basically school's getting kind of rough and stuff, with some bad grades throughout the year...

I dunno, I feel like all my sadness is coming from school, atm...

Plus there's always the feeling of looking like an asshole, even when I don't wanna look like one...

I dunno, I got a lot to complain about, but it's all kinda small and stupid.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So many projects and tests this week. College is such a pain.

to make things even worse, my lab partner wanted my help on a lab report so I just e-mailed him my version so he could use just as a reference. Unbeknownst to me, he hands in practically the same version and even left my name at the top. Now I'm under investigation for apparent misconduct and have to state my case tomorrow.

Sometimes I wish I just got a job as soon as I left high school.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'll try that. Thanks.

Yooo brother. I was a hardcase dork until I was about 21 (. Ranked in the country as one of the better brawl players back in my day but maaaan did I blow with chicks. Buuuuut that aside.. I coach guys now for dating and I could give you a complimentary 1 hour call and we can get this handled if you're down :)

Top Bottom