• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I have schizophrenia. I can't go for help because the label would ruin my life and I'm not a danger to others as much as to myself.

I find myself believing things without any base like I thought my brother drown to death and I went to the funeral and everything. He never went swimming.

Also for years I thought nidoking was in melee, he was just an underrated mid tier no one really used. And now I know why.

Once I sat down next to a bush for half an hour and I changed my personal in how I talked and I didn't even know it till someone asked who I was talking to.

I have short hallucinations that pop up about once ayear to 2 times a day.

But i swear I can hear static in the air of other imcomplete thoughts. But i can't hear anything. It's frustrating to be so sure of it.

Just scary I'm the most stable person around and have a good paying job and am somehow on top it all. Just annoyed by extra thoughts in my head right. It's not voices just like thoughts of thoughts or static imcomplete words or images
Never be afraid to seek help in keeping your schizophrenia under control. The label wouldn't necessarily ruin your life, especially if you are getting help for it. The way I see it, if you don't get help soon, it could potentially worsen, and you really don't want that.

Let go of fear, as easy as it is to say than do, and I understand it's easier said than done. If you find you can't get help on your own, get someone, be it a friend or family member, to help motivate you into doing it. You can do it.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
It's stress/fatigue triggered.

Honestly if people talk to me it calms me down enough to focus on what I'm doing.

It's something that can be managed it's just hell to live when it's happening. Really hard to trust things.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So apparently whenever I skip breakfast before going into work(which is most days), I cannot drink water otherwise my stomach starts making the these loud, humiliating abdominal sounds. This sucks

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I feel like i keep getting worse at college and lack commitment for anything other than videogames, and unless it's a sudden rush of optimism or frustration, i just feel like i don't do anything with the kind of passion everybody else on the career does.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Some of my mom's complaints about me during lunch:
You need to donate all your old clothes because they look ugly.
This is how you are supposed to cook ramen.
Why do you eat this way and not the same way I eat it?
Why do you eat so loudly? (I wasn't trying to eat loudly)
Why do you have acne? Probably because you don't eat fruit. (I do eat fruit...) Yeah like once a month...(Note: I eat fruit a lot more than once a month)

I really want to move out...

Last edited:

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
Guys, I need to learn how to fix my low self-esteem. It's been nagging at me lately whenever I play, and it's something I feel like I need to get under control.

A couple days before I even felt suicidal because I thought nobody cared for another in the world, which was rather irrational. I just need some help controlling this and increasing my self-esteem, since most of the time I get it from when I look at negatives, not positives(which are hard for me to find).

Chinaux

Smash Ace
so i threw a party yesterday because my parents are out of town, and it got waaaaaaaaaaay too big, like this party was actually crazy as hell. i was super sketched out because there were cops patrolling my street and all that but like after a while I smoked a bit and had a couple drinks I was good. I still feel kind of ****ty because my house also kind of got robbed right before the party started, these people just came and acted like they were showing up to chill or whatever and it seemed fine with me but then they ended up going through all my cabinets for booze. Luckily they weren't looking for anything valuable because my dad's $1000+ camera was actually like out, so at least they only stole a four loco can because it was BYOB and the alcohol didn't show up yet.

I mean the party was fun but to be completely honest I'd never throw one again at my house just because of all the **** I could get into, They hotboxed my basement, I have never smoked so much in my life, it was fun, but I didn't like afterwards. Whereas going to parties is totally cool, I can have a good time and not really have to worry, although I don't make a mess myself. When I woke up this morning my kitchen was a mess, people made themselves breakfast and it was a mess because eggs were stuck to the pans and all that.

man party life sucks

Last edited:

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
I've struggled with low self-esteem too. One thing that always used to bother me was that I'm a natural blond on a country full of dark-haired people. I always used to want dark hair so people would see me as normal, but I'm not allowed to dye it because my parents told me I should accept how I look. Even now, I meet people who assume that my family is rich just because I'm blond. I'm not rich and no one in my family is rich - or famous (and my family is pretty big). I have no desire to be famous. Foreigners are probably worse with these assumptions. Many of the people I've met online see Brazil as "that country with soccer, violence, and attractive women with big butts" (That's like someone seeing America as "that country with McDonald's, guns, and jingoistic fundies" or seeing France as "that country with escargots, snobs, and Islamophobia".) TV Tropes even has a whole page dedicated to how Hollywood sees Brazil.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Can't find a job where I'm at now, can't find an apartment (granted I've only spoken to about four so far) without a job. I'm about five seconds away from saying **** it and giving up because of this vicious cycle bull****.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'm seriously feeling like crap this week. All this snow outside my house is really getting to me along with one of my old cats getting brutally murdered by a pack of wild dogs yesterday. This year just keeps getting better for me. -___-

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I love all of you guys. Just remember, life can always get worse. I am an addict and I will not share with you the brutality of the stories of my life and the consequences i've experienced over the years. But I can say that if I can choose to think positive and have a good day, than so can all of you. :) We can CHOOSE to feel good or bad. Try something as simple as writing a gratitude list each night before you go to bed. Think of at least 3 things that you are TRULY grateful for and write them down. Say them to yourself. Do this with pen/pencil and paper, NOT on the computer. Do this every night for a 2 weeks and i can guarentee you will notice a difference in your mood/attitude.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I hate the Battlelog forums (Official EA battlefield forums) more than ever due to the constant verbal abuse I put up with there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm starting to realize that no matter what I do in life I will always be an outsider. I just don't fit in with any facet of society. Not the mainstream, not any kind of counter cultures and nothing in between.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm starting to realize that no matter what I do in life I will always be an outsider. I just don't fit in with any facet of society. Not the mainstream, not any kind of counter cultures and nothing in between.
I feel the same way...it could be a good thing though.

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
Man, sometimes I wonder why am I even alive (bear in mind I'm not suicidal, but I do have a lot of existential dread), I mean, even though I'm in college I can barely say that this is what I want to do with my life. or if what I'm studying is what I really want to work on, hell, I don't even know what I want to do with my life since I feel that the future is bleak and grim, and I have a REALLY hard time being positive most of the time (you can blame that on pathological anxiety), and I reached such a point that I don't really like the prospect of becoming an optimism, since I feel that if I become one a part of me will literally die (as in personality wise not physical), add then low self-esteem and you have a bad combination. Also I sometimes go tryhard on things because I feel I NEED to do )something to validate my existance.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I studied what I wanted to do in life, but I'll never get a job in it...I don't even have the time to practice it anymore.

Not to mention my family keeps trying to get me to give it up...

15 credits before I graduate.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Fine, I'll make a quick rant post! :D

Last week, I was off of work. It was a scheduled vacation (staycation) to stay at home, spend time with the family, and play those new 3DS XLs! so I had scheduled this off weeks in advance, since I had plenty of vacation time.

During the course of me being off last week... my tax return came in. YAY! Also... my wife caught the flu. I got a bad stomach virus. My wife caught the stomach virus after it left me (after the flu left her). My one year old chipped his tooth and the dentist had to remove it due to a dead nerve. Also, he got a cold. School was cancelled twice for my 5 year old, due to weather. Plus, he got a cold and was out two and a half days. We had to take my 1 year old to a Dr. appt (scheduled) out of town (1 hour away) last week because the doctor's moved the appt which was sudden. Also, got a flat tire on my car right before we had to leave. So yeah, it was a cursed week. Pretty sure other stuff happened... but oh well. We all lived and I am happy I had the week off to take care of everyone.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Fine, I'll make a quick rant post! :D

Last week, I was off of work. It was a scheduled vacation (staycation) to stay at home, spend time with the family, and play those new 3DS XLs! so I had scheduled this off weeks in advance, since I had plenty of vacation time.

During the course of me being off last week... my tax return came in. YAY! Also... my wife caught the flu. I got a bad stomach virus. My wife caught the stomach virus after it left me (after the flu left her). My one year old chipped his tooth and the dentist had to remove it due to a dead nerve. Also, he got a cold. School was cancelled twice for my 5 year old, due to weather. Plus, he got a cold and was out two and a half days. We had to take my 1 year old to a Dr. appt (scheduled) out of town (1 hour away) last week because the doctor's moved the appt which was sudden. Also, got a flat tire on my car right before we had to leave. So yeah, it was a cursed week. Pretty sure other stuff happened... but oh well. We all lived and I am happy I had the week off to take care of everyone.
Not even the entire week of school I had off was that disastrous

For context, my heater motor died so we had to pour a few hundred into it. The week was also my birthday (18) and due to the snow and biting cold, I couldn't buy a Wii U. I spent most of the week freezing in the beginning and pissed at the end.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Not even the entire week of school I had off was that disastrous

For context, my heater motor died so we had to pour a few hundred into it. The week was also my birthday (18) and due to the snow and biting cold, I couldn't buy a Wii U. I spent most of the week freezing in the beginning and pissed at the end.
Happy Birthday! (Belated prob lol)

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
My supervisor just game me a warning about my work how I need to be more through when I am given a task, quit being on the internet so much and rededicate my self to my job. I guess I'm sort of on probation now, another **** up and I'm likely out of here.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I have schizophrenia. I can't go for help because the label would ruin my life and I'm not a danger to others as much as to myself.

I find myself believing things without any base like I thought my brother drown to death and I went to the funeral and everything. He never went swimming.

Also for years I thought nidoking was in melee, he was just an underrated mid tier no one really used. And now I know why.

Once I sat down next to a bush for half an hour and I changed my personal in how I talked and I didn't even know it till someone asked who I was talking to.

I have short hallucinations that pop up about once ayear to 2 times a day.

But i swear I can hear static in the air of other imcomplete thoughts. But i can't hear anything. It's frustrating to be so sure of it.

Just scary I'm the most stable person around and have a good paying job and am somehow on top it all. Just annoyed by extra thoughts in my head right. It's not voices just like thoughts of thoughts or static imcomplete words or images
See a psychiatrist. I promise it will be better than ignoring this. Your health is always confidential. There is no need for you to declare your health to anybody you do not want to. If you are fit, able and functioning fine, it's no one's business what happens in your personal life.

It sounds like you've been coping generally well over the years, whatever the problem is. However, if this is a psychotis type disorder, you will always be running the risk of getting much more unwell untreated. For your sake, it's far more convenient to take some time out your schedule to have a full assessment. It could prevent you ever needing an admission to hospital or much worse problems.

(you are also unlikely to get a label like "schizophrenia" for a first presentation like yours)

Last edited:

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I've just never heard from anyone coming back from the system better. I've meet a few people slapped with outrageous claims and they are send in many ways to be labeled.
See a psychiatrist. I promise it will be better than ignoring this. Your health is always confidential. There is no need for you to declare your health to anybody you do not want to. If you are fit, able and functioning fine, it's no one's business what happens in your personal life.

It sounds like you've been coping generally well over the years, whatever the problem is. However, if this is a psychotis type disorder, you will always be running the risk of getting much more unwell untreated. For your sake, it's far more convenient to take some time out your schedule to have a full assessment. It could prevent you ever needing an admission to hospital or much worse problems.

(you are also unlikely to get a label like "schizophrenia" for a first presentation like yours)

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I've just never heard from anyone coming back from the system better. I've meet a few people slapped with outrageous claims and they are send in many ways to be labeled.
Which country are you from?They are never going to break confidentiality and nobody has to know you've seen a psychiatrist.

At the end of the day, they are there to help you. If you don't like what the psychiatrist has to say, you can just leave and ignore their advice - at least you have a chance to talk to someone about it. In my opinion, it's better to deal with a problem when it is relatively small and manageable rather than waiting for it to become big.

D

Deleted member

I've been getting sick more often than not lately. It seems that I get sick every other week or every two weeks. I can't seem to catch a break and I haven't had much of an appetite lately either. I used to enjoy watching anime but now it feels like a chore because I feel so physically drained all I ever feel like doing is sleeping in my bed. D: I used to never get sick either. I just want the sickness to go away.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've been getting sick more often than not lately. It seems that I get sick every other week or every two weeks. I can't seem to catch a break and I haven't had much of an appetite lately either. I used to enjoy watching anime but now it feels like a chore because I feel so physically drained all I ever feel like doing is sleeping in my bed. D: I used to never get sick either. I just want the sickness to go away.
Just wondering, if it feels like a chore, why keep watching it? Hope you catch a break from getting sick. I used to have a cough and congested nose for months during college. Otherwise I felt completely fine, but it was annoying when none of my medication made it better.

D

Deleted member

Just wondering, if it feels like a chore, why keep watching it? Hope you catch a break from getting sick. I used to have a cough and congested nose for months during college. Otherwise I felt completely fine, but it was annoying when none of my medication made it better.
I like watching anime when I feel my 100% best. That just hasn't happened lately. I think I just need a short break from anime is all. I don't want to completely give up on it as it's one of my favorite things to do xD
College sure does suck sometimes, I've been procrastinating so much on my work due to my sickness. I have an assignment due to tonight and I feel like crap - hopefully it isn't too long. You feel much better now though, right?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I like watching anime when I feel my 100% best. That just hasn't happened lately. I think I just need a short break from anime is all. I don't want to completely give up on it as it's one of my favorite things to do xD
College sure does suck sometimes, I've been procrastinating so much on my work due to my sickness. I have an assignment due to tonight and I feel like crap - hopefully it isn't too long. You feel much better now though, right?
Yes, I graduated almost 2 years ago and haven't been sick since I was in college. It might be due to being in my room all the time and not exposing myself to things that can get me sick though...

D

Deleted member

Yes, I graduated almost 2 years ago and haven't been sick since I was in college. It might be due to being in my room all the time and not exposing myself to things that can get me sick though...
That's good to hear. I'm in my room most of the time too but the thing is I live with my niece who is in preschool so she gets sick a lot probably from her classmates and I always get sick after her so I think she's mainly the cause of me getting sick because she likes to hang out with me a lot.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That's good to hear. I'm in my room most of the time too but the thing is I live with my niece who is in preschool so she gets sick a lot probably from her classmates and I always get sick after her so I think she's mainly the cause of me getting sick because she likes to hang out with me a lot.
Just with the niece or with her parents as well? Understandable why you'd get sick a lot though since I don't think preschoolers really know how to prevent spreading sickness.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Kids are biological weapons, I tell ya.

The old frustration's returned. Haven't been able to enjoy my little staycation because of these phantom irritants bubbling to the surface of my mind.

Smooth Criminal

PSI Child

Smash Rookie
I'm getting more and more distant from everything around me as the days go on. I was fired from my job of 5 months because I wasn't "happy enough" and I came across as too intense. Work banter is such a useless thing (at least in my mind) and I really only go to work so I can work and do my best to adjust to the world around me. I've been off work for a week and I've been doing nothing but smoking and playing smash bros. I've been looking for work but my anxiety is ruining everything for me and i've bombed all of my interviews. I used to be so happy, now I'm delusional and afraid of everything; what happened?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Getting sick of the weekly repetition:179:
Same damn thing done every week, and it's honestly getting to me
I think ahead and I honestly don't want my life to continue onto this path
I don't want to be stuck in some dead end job doing the same boring **** for 40 years so I can retire "okay"
I honestly have no idea about what I want to do when I exit college, and that scares me
I'm worried about finding the ideal job and the odds of finding that job
I'm worried about my lack of visible options
eeeeh I'm just venting don't mind me

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Last week my superviser complained about my lack of throughness in my work and told me I need to rededicate myself to the job. I've been doing that I had been doing well until today. I lost my phone 2 days ago and I never realized how exhausting working is when I don't have my friends to message me on Watsapp(I miss my girlfriend :/ )

I've decided to be more proactive about this job, instead of waiting for my supervisor to come to me I have been going him more, letting him know when I've completed a task, anyhing unusial I found, asking how exactly he wants the data processed and what my next task is. 20 minutes ago, he told me to hold off on what I was previously working so now have nothing to do. How exactly am I supposed to show my worth if I have nothing to work on? This is the type of **** why I lost my dedication in the first place.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
so i threw a party yesterday because my parents are out of town, and it got waaaaaaaaaaay too big, like this party was actually crazy as hell. i was super sketched out because there were cops patrolling my street and all that but like after a while I smoked a bit and had a couple drinks I was good. I still feel kind of ****ty because my house also kind of got robbed right before the party started, these people just came and acted like they were showing up to chill or whatever and it seemed fine with me but then they ended up going through all my cabinets for booze. Luckily they weren't looking for anything valuable because my dad's $1000+ camera was actually like out, so at least they only stole a four loco can because it was BYOB and the alcohol didn't show up yet.

I mean the party was fun but to be completely honest I'd never throw one again at my house just because of all the **** I could get into, They hotboxed my basement, I have never smoked so much in my life, it was fun, but I didn't like afterwards. Whereas going to parties is totally cool, I can have a good time and not really have to worry, although I don't make a mess myself. When I woke up this morning my kitchen was a mess, people made themselves breakfast and it was a mess because eggs were stuck to the pans and all that.

man party life sucks
This is all I imagined.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm really sorry that you're made to feel this way. I know mental health has been so stigmatized, but I hope you can try work past that to seek some help. I really do believe it should be treated like any other aspect of your health; seriously, and with total respect. Even still, I know it's not something to easily done. Is there anyway you could do so discreetly? I ask this since you say you're doing well for yourself, so I know you can find dependable help.

If your sick, you see a doctor. Same with mental health.

Top Bottom