• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Chinaux

Smash Ace
>Not reading the part where I said you don't have to give a **** about this review.
And those objective facts I mentioned weren't based off of a review, that's just common knowledge from anyone who's played that game. Are you gonna look at that and tell me that ZombiU has revolutionary visuals? No because that's factual ****.

>YOLO generation
You don't even know me m8. Try better insults next time though that one from 2010 is getting a bit old.
stop going on 4chan please

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
That damn feeling when you realize how little you actually meant to your so-called best friend, who you were extremely close to for a while, and she wouldn't care to lose you and has been taking you for granted. Even when she's said she would be lost without you, and that she'd be devastated if you left her life. When she's said you've been nothing but kind to her, which is true, but when another guy starts being nice to her she claims that no one has treated her this nicely in a long time. When she makes zero effort to hang out or do anything more than text, even playing video games is apparently too much. When she claims she got you Christmas gifts, but then never acknowledges them again, now 3 weeks later. Not that I care about gifts like that, but just knowing her personality...it doesn't sit too well.

That feeling sucks but I'm done with her now and feeling better with that weight off my shoulders.

Also having trouble uploading an avatar from my phone :(
**** yeah. I had to drop my best friend for about 2 years 2 weeks ago. I'm coming to peace with it now but its beyond disappoinitng.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm unhappy because I basically have no future and have dug myself into a hole financially and academically that I do not think I will be able to get out of. I'm 20, but I feel like my life is already over.

D

Deleted member 269706

Get this. On Saturday, a few friends got together and we were just hanging out, driving around, you know? Well my buddy pulls out a odorless, tobacco free hookah pen (or whatever the **** it's called). It was like Peach flavored or something. So me him and our other bud are all in the back row just playing around with it, taking little puffs. No big deal. The driver and passenger acknowledged it and didn't say anything. Get to school today, and apparently the driver (who I'm really close to) was offended by this, which is weird because he's NEVER MENTIONED IT EVER BEFORE AND IT WASN'T THE FIRST TIME. What's even better is that the guy who was the passenger was even more offended. So much so that he told me (and the guy who originally pulled it out) that we aren't allowed to ride in his car, because "drugs are bad" and other bull****. Something else like "if we got pulled over, we could get in so much trouble", which is BS because there's no laws against owning a hookah pen. (Law says you have to be 18 to buy one, but its perfectly legal to own one at any age. Seriously, search it). Naturally we make fun of the passenger for being a you-know-what. Neither one will talk to us. Lol.

tl;dr - I offended two friends with water vapor.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Get this. On Saturday, a few friends got together and we were just hanging out, driving around, you know? Well my buddy pulls out a odorless, tobacco free hookah pen (or whatever the **** it's called). It was like Peach flavored or something. So me him and our other bud are all in the back row just playing around with it, taking little puffs. No big deal. The driver and passenger acknowledged it and didn't say anything. Get to school today, and apparently the driver (who I'm really close to) was offended by this, which is weird because he's NEVER MENTIONED IT EVER BEFORE AND IT WASN'T THE FIRST TIME. What's even better is that the guy who was the passenger was even more offended. So much so that he told me (and the guy who originally pulled it out) that we aren't allowed to ride in his car, because "drugs are bad" and other bull****. Something else like "if we got pulled over, we could get in so much trouble", which is BS because there's no laws against owning a hookah pen. (Law says you have to be 18 to buy one, but its perfectly legal to own one at any age. Seriously, search it). Naturally we make fun of the passenger for being a you-know-what. Neither one will talk to us. Lol.

So you are unhappy because you offended two friends by smoking flavored water?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
@Rawkstar
XD "Offended" lol just LOL im Sorry that your lame friends are that wayXD

My two cents: Im unhappy cuz my B-day is tomarrow and i hate it when my friends CALL me to say 'happy birthday' and then have no conversation to follow up on it, they always stick around quietly on my dumb phone. JUST SAY BYE OR COME TO ME IN PERSON YOU LAZY FUQS! YOU ALL HAVE CARS DRIVE TO WALMART AND GET ME BALLOONS AND A KIARA! just kidding never.
some cake would be nice though -.-

I dont mind it when my granparents call doe. They cool<3

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
@Rawkstar
XD "Offended" lol just LOL im Sorry that your lame friends are that wayXD

My two cents: Im unhappy cuz my B-day is tomarrow and i hate it when my friends CALL me to say 'happy birthday' and then have no conversation to follow up on it, they always stick around quietly on my dumb phone. JUST SAY BYE OR COME TO ME IN PERSON YOU LAZY FUQS! YOU ALL HAVE CARS DRIVE TO WALMART AND GET ME BALLOONS AND A KIARA! just kidding never.
some cake would be nice though -.-

I dont mind it when my granparents call doe. They cool<3
That's better than not celebrating it at all...my family completely forgot until I mentioned it dinner time. Didn't get to celebrate it last month, and didn't have cake either.

Edit: My birthday also happened to be the day my house was robbed...my family except my younger brother were all out of town, so my younger brother invited some friends and strangers over. One or more of them robbed my house, taking Xboxes, computers, and my Wii U Gamepad...

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That's what I'm saying...It's so ridiculous, like, who gets genuinely upset about that?
While it may be tobacco free, it depends on what else is in it besides water and flavor I suppose. I can't say anything about it because I know nothing about hookah pens.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

People like you ruin it for vapers.

I use zero-nicotine flavors, and that legal loophole is the exact method that lawmakers are trying to get it outlawed since it is slaughtering tobacco sales.

Plus, hookah is really bad for you, and if you aren't 18, you really have no business consuming nicotine.

Chinaux

Smash Ace

It's not water vapor lol

vaping is for girls brahs if you're gonna be edgy and smoke, smoke real cigs and get cancer
Plus, hookah is really bad for you, and if you aren't 18, you really have no business consuming nicotine.
Hookah is fun though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

People like you ruin it for vapers.

I use zero-nicotine flavors, and that legal loophole is the exact method that lawmakers are trying to get it outlawed since it is slaughtering tobacco sales.

I don't think that just because someone participates in something means that it gets ruined for everyone else. Who gives a **** if "people like me" vape? That's like saying "well PC Chris plays smash, and he's a total skater. Now I don't wanna play!". It's just shallow and a pretty petty reason to not do something, especially when it has 0 effect on you. Not to mention it makes you sound pretty condescending. As far as the age thing goes, it's a personal choice. Why should a set number of days on this earth dictate what we can and cannot do? And if it's "really bad for you" as you say, being 18 isn't going to change that.

D

Deleted member 269706

Lol totally, who needs lungs? Just noticed your avi change :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I don't think that just because someone participates in something means that it gets ruined for everyone else. Who gives a **** if "people like me" vape? That's like saying "well PC Chris plays smash, and he's a total skater. Now I don't wanna play!". It's just shallow and a pretty petty reason to not do something, especially when it has 0 effect on you. Not to mention it makes you sound pretty condescending. As far as the age thing goes, it's a personal choice. Why should a set number of days on this earth dictate what we can and cannot do? And if it's "really bad for you" as you say, being 18 isn't going to change that.
Because you are legally a child. Vaping is slaughtering the tobacco industry right now, and they are looking for any reason to get it illegal. Tobacco dispensing products are limited in what flavors they can have, and lobbyists see that as the perfect way to get it outlawed. The reason? Because it makes smoking more appealing to kids. Which you are.

Responsibility and maturity is a thing that comes with age. In time, you'll see how silly you are when kids start being used to ruin things you like when you are older. Politicians love to use any augment to win, and "what about the children" is the easiest especially when applicable.

Whether or not age is arbitrary is not even a point; in the US, it isn't arbitrary.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My brother and his friends smoke vapes so much it's kinda obnoxious.
Whenever he comes by for like 2-5 minutes to pack his stuff or drop something off, the entire placefills with smoke immediately and smells like cotton candy sour smells or pumpkin spice in mere seconds and it doesn't go away for a good while. Asking them not to do it makes them do it more and if I keep the door closed, I get punished for not letting him in "because he's my brother"
fugg it's my apartment tho

Off that topic, went to a tournament and got robbed twice cause of rage and silly smash 4 mechanics toying with me.
I haven't been this upset with smash since like 2010 or 2011
urg

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm taking the divide between SSB4 and Project M way too personally. I enjoy SSB4 more competitively, but I feel like I'm being forced to play PM against my will.

Pathetic of me, huh? My life's such a mess that I grab onto a ****ing video game as a last hope to keep myself together... And then I can't take it when even that ends up splitting in half under me.

(And before you tell me "git gud nub", my skill level in both is roughly equal. My L-cancelling rate, though I despise the mechanic, is near-perfect. The issue I have is a lack of knowledge on dealing with information rather than a lack of tech skill.)

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

could be he didn't want it in his car, doesn't really matter why. "drugs are bad" is reaching of course but they likely didn't want a tense situation by arguing when they're driving around with friends. if he wanted you guys to stop though he could have just told you to lol.
I'd probably fall in the group of the two offended friends, it's not really logical for me besides I really dislike the kiddy smell and the vapor. It's like anything else, I don't care if you do it but when it's in my personal space and you're puffing away with no regard it's annoying.

would even prefer someone smoking a regular cigarette next to me than bubblegum skittle tropical mango.

I'm taking the divide between SSB4 and Project M way too personally. I enjoy SSB4 more competitively, but I feel like I'm being forced to play PM against my will.

Pathetic of me, huh? My life's such a mess that I grab onto a ****ing video game as a last hope to keep myself together... And then I can't take it when even that ends up splitting in half under me.

(And before you tell me "git gud nub", my skill level in both is roughly equal. My L-cancelling rate, though I despise the mechanic, is near-perfect. The issue I have is a lack of knowledge on dealing with information rather than a lack of tech skill.)
take a break and remember games are supposed to be fun

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Can you not play both? Smash 4 is pretty popular in many areas (even PM/Melee dominated regions) so it's surprising that you can't find anyone else to play Smash 4 with.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
take a break and remember games are supposed to be fun
That's easier said than done. I have nothing left to live for. Nothing. Trying to find a meaningless distraction is all I can do to try to stay sane, and just when I thought I found one, there it goes.

Can you not play both? Smash 4 is pretty popular in many areas (even PM/Melee dominated regions) so it's surprising that you can't find anyone else to play Smash 4 with.
Smash 4 is more popular locally, but online, admitting you enjoy it will get you a world of hurt. And it's not like I CAN play against people locally. My home life is very, very complicated.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, online community can be pretty toxic. Just know that a lot of the people (but not all unfortunately) that spew hatred toward other games don't actually go to events. If you can't play locally, then I'd stick to Smash 4 WiFi. There are a lot of venues through which to play, like Nintendo dojo's ladder.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Smash 4 is more popular locally, but online, admitting you enjoy it will get you a world of hurt.
People's opinions online are pretty much meaningless.

There are plenty of ways to find wifi matchmaking on here and lots do it. There are also places like Anther's ladder dedicated to ranked online Smash 4, so not only is it a dedicated community but they also take it seriously.

Just have to look around and ignore the things that don't concern you.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am beyond incompitent when it comes to keeping track of my things. I lost 2 sets of transit passes and work IDs in nearly as many weeks. Its really discouraging.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Reading this thread makes me upset.

/sub

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I get on myself when I don't accomplish anything important all day, just being lazy and wasting time or losing interest in plans. It all kinda collapses together. My spirit just isent in the best mood I suppose...

Berndelta

Smash Rookie
**** yeah. I had to drop my best friend for about 2 years 2 weeks ago. I'm coming to peace with it now but its beyond disappoinitng.
Ugh that sucks.

Me and my person had actually started talking again and it was really good. For a week. Now we're back to not talking and her just really bothering me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright, so the gaming thing from December has been for the most part resolved. I can still play under a strict time limit and I can't buy anything new yet, though that may change. I am becoming more responsible and trustworthy to mom too.

But...I have a new concern. During those days in December, I kinda alienated an online friend on my Tumblr when I made a post saying "I quit gaming, you can unfollow me now" and probably reblogged something that may have offended her without knowing (cause I was so upset at my situation) and so she unfollowed me. And before you assume anything, this person is someone I met through another friend on Deviant Art a long time ago. Which, she hasn't been on Deviant much either. Sometimes we'd have rough patches but when we explained the situation, we patched things up very fast, it wasn't like how it was with Maria. So...I'm actually afraid right now, making up with her is step one in starting over this new year.

Which, I'm now feeling anxious as hell again in the other aspects. I had hoped to finish moving Deviant accounts and clean out some posts from my old Tumblr among other things, but the anxiety is hitting me again like a tidal wave. It started when I looked up tools to erase individual Skype history (namely; Maria) and none of them worked because Skype's 7.0+ updates botched all the things making those tools useless. Plus, there's been thunderstorms and I never use the computer during them as an old computer almost got fried during one once. And I've been having sudden hip pains that occur when I sit at anything too long or even exercise and it's agony and I can't go to the doctor's today (because holiday). And just...not only are there so many delays but entering into the new year looking at the old painful past fills me with fear too. I had hoped to finish it all last year, but.... I kinda let those ****ty friends I had in the past literally ruin my life and I'm a coward and I really wish I wasn't.

I wish I'd just stop waiting for the "perfect time" to do something and just do it. I probably brought up something similar before but...it's a tad different now.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I have a temperature of 102.9, have trouble walking, my chest chest, hurts, my nose is stuffy, my throat is scratchy, have a babad cough, and can't sleep at normal hours (slept from 1-3 AM, 6-10 AM, and 3-6 PM.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
At work I cannot find the job posting for an application I started yesterday. I'll have to wait till I get home to finish it. Its a minor things but it still annoying, I wanted to get it done now.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Alright, so the gaming thing from December has been for the most part resolved. I can still play under a strict time limit and I can't buy anything new yet, though that may change. I am becoming more responsible and trustworthy to mom too.

But...I have a new concern. During those days in December, I kinda alienated an online friend on my Tumblr when I made a post saying "I quit gaming, you can unfollow me now" and probably reblogged something that may have offended her without knowing (cause I was so upset at my situation) and so she unfollowed me. And before you assume anything, this person is someone I met through another friend on Deviant Art a long time ago. Which, she hasn't been on Deviant much either. Sometimes we'd have rough patches but when we explained the situation, we patched things up very fast, it wasn't like how it was with Maria. So...I'm actually afraid right now, making up with her is step one in starting over this new year.

Which, I'm now feeling anxious as hell again in the other aspects. I had hoped to finish moving Deviant accounts and clean out some posts from my old Tumblr among other things, but the anxiety is hitting me again like a tidal wave. It started when I looked up tools to erase individual Skype history (namely; Maria) and none of them worked because Skype's 7.0+ updates botched all the things making those tools useless. Plus, there's been thunderstorms and I never use the computer during them as an old computer almost got fried during one once. And I've been having sudden hip pains that occur when I sit at anything too long or even exercise and it's agony and I can't go to the doctor's today (because holiday). And just...not only are there so many delays but entering into the new year looking at the old painful past fills me with fear too. I had hoped to finish it all last year, but.... I kinda let those ****ty friends I had in the past literally ruin my life and I'm a coward and I really wish I wasn't.

I wish I'd just stop waiting for the "perfect time" to do something and just do it. I probably brought up something similar before but...it's a tad different now.
protip don't make online friends, you don't know these people

Last edited:

Berndelta

Smash Rookie
I now lost my other best friend for absolutely no reason. So now, today, by two "best friends" refused to even look at me. Plans with another friend fell through. So I make plans with ANOTHER person and they also go down the toilet.

Last edited:

TheCrusaderp

Smash Rookie
I have a ton of schoolwork and have to do a presentation in front of my English class soon. Why do I have to have social anxiety? :/

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im unhappy because I decided to check this place and I got depressed too...

Chinaux

Smash Ace
God, high school parties are so full of drama. It was fun and then today I'm caught up with all this bs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom