• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Or you could be like me and pathetically go for a girl who has a boyfriend.

Luckily I'll end that this weekend, for better or worse. Don't know how it will turn out, but anything is better than this ****. It's draining me.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I really want that Attack on Titan game. All I can think about is how epic it is. I guess I have to wait. What a drag.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
So I'm leaving for college today and I'm unhappy about that.

Very unhappy.

So unhappy I don't even know if it's for me.

That's unfortunate... but, on the plus side, college really is whatever you choose to make of it. Some people use it to further their studies, some people use it for booze-soaked parties, and some people use it to learn Italian Longsword fighting.

So, even though it is hard sometimes to get motivated, it's really a good idea to not let your lack of excitement get in the way of seizing opportunities and trying new things.

But still... I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy about it. Still... you're pretty much guaranteed to meet new, wonderful people.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Just a random thought: I believe "thread-killing" is a straight-up bullcrap excuse for people who are too lazy to contribute to a conversation.

It really irritates me when I am blamed for "killing a thread/conversation" when I am actually the last person to post. Isn't this kind of the fault of whoever doesn't post?

Awkward silence over the internet is just dumb. Why can't anybody end a chat with a simple "Talk to you later" or at least something other than a "..."? It makes me feel like I just said something stupid or awkward.

Sorry to rant over such a tiny thing... It just gets to me sometimes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

10 ...'s

LOL I kid. I'm just generally down but I have no reason too I guess

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sorry for double post @---@

Fought with my parents
its a little fight, but my dad offended me, so in a lapse of judgement, i yelled back because he was being a jerk
and i know fighting back with parents is stupid because no matter what parents get the last say

but im 20...and i feel as though i should be able to make more of my own decisions, especially since I do not live at home full time and am only here on a break from school.
bleh...im just upset. it spoiled my mood, especially since its one of my last days at home for break, since i am visiting my sister at her school in rhode island this weekend...

idk.....i just dont like fighting with my parents.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Just a random thought: I believe "thread-killing" is a straight-up bullcrap excuse for people who are too lazy to contribute to a conversation.

It really irritates me when I am blamed for "killing a thread/conversation" when I am actually the last person to post. Isn't this kind of the fault of whoever doesn't post?

Awkward silence over the internet is just dumb. Why can't anybody end a chat with a simple "Talk to you later" or at least something other than a "..."? It makes me feel like I just said something stupid or awkward.

Sorry to rant over such a tiny thing... It just gets to me sometimes.
It's their way to say you're not part of their elite forum group and to gtfo

or you really do kill threads I dunno. just saying I'd rather be a lady killer than a thread killer

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Lokii, I'm no adult, so take it all with a grain of, "Hmmmm..." but if you're over eighteen then you absolutely have the right to speak your mind and make your own decisions. The rest is an issue of personal morals.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
the hunter does us all a great service, and we've done so much to deserve it

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Sorry for double post @---@

Fought with my parents
its a little fight, but my dad offended me, so in a lapse of judgement, i yelled back because he was being a jerk
and i know fighting back with parents is stupid because no matter what parents get the last say

but im 20...and i feel as though i should be able to make more of my own decisions, especially since I do not live at home full time and am only here on a break from school.
bleh...im just upset. it spoiled my mood, especially since its one of my last days at home for break, since i am visiting my sister at her school in rhode island this weekend...

idk.....i just dont like fighting with my parents.

Was today fight with parents day? I did the same thing, for the same reason (decision making) too.

Yay for upsetting parents then, even though you're in the right, curling up in a ball and wishing to be dead for a few hours while crying.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Was today fight with parents day? I did the same thing, for the same reason (decision making) too.

Yay for upsetting parents then, even though you're in the right, curling up in a ball and wishing to be dead for a few hours while crying.
Werekill, there are a few situations where it's genuinely aight for a man to cry, at least in my non snap city dwelling opinion.

I really don't think that is one of them.

If you don't want to fight your parents and want them to be controlling, don't let them have you in situations where they control you! If my mom was like that I'd just get a job and get the **** out. Find someone to room with or something, **** it.

OR NUT UP.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Part 2 of fighting
And I get to go on a trip with my mother who I totally clash with (love her to bits, but I'm her exact opposite)

I'm just really angry and it didn't help I couldn't sleep last night so I'm running on two hours and meow we are driving to Pittsburgh to go catch a plane

THE RADIO REMINDED ME THAT I AM IRRATIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT BASEBALL TOO

CLEVELAND ALMOST LOST A GAME LAST NIGHT THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CLOSE

I SAY THAT BECAUSE IT WAS 6-1 IN THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH, SO WE HAD A SIZABLE LEAD

Our closer, who is obviously supposed to go in and close out the game gave up 4 runs (might've only been 6-2, so 3 runs? Can't remember too tired to fact check). This is the second time this week. If any of you guys follow baseball, you probably heard about the amazing Jason Giambi 2 run wall off home run. Why was that a big deal? Cuz the closer almost lost us that too (we were up and he gave up 2 home runs)

The fact we cannot rely on our regular closer while making a playoff run is frustrating

And it was 6-1 thank you cleveland radio hosts

So thank you baseball for making me angrier than my parents did

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
Yeah you don't get to make statements like that at sixteen and expect to be taken seriously.

Wait til you find another girl you like or w/e the **** hueheuehueheueheueh-eh.
Implying it's because of some bull**** girl. Lemme guess, 'cause I'm a teenager, and that's why you said that, right?

Look, if your older brother committed suicide back in October of last year which caused your parents to divorce, your depersonalization disorder getting stronger and stronger everyday, and just everything around you is falling apart, you'd probably say the same thing. Get over yourself and ask questions instead of stereotyping and trivializing, you arrogant fаggot.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
"there are a few situations where it's genuinely aight for a man to cry"

Crying isn't a sign of weakness if that's what you're implying. This is 2013 m8, there is nothing wrong with a man crying. I think it's funny you think you're somebody to decide this for people though.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
It's their way to say you're not part of their elite forum group and to gtfo

or you really do kill threads I dunno. just saying I'd rather be a lady killer than a thread killer
Hey, it's not my fault that so many people lack the ability to socialize. At least I try.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
"there are a few situations where it's genuinely aight for a man to cry"

Crying isn't a sign of weakness if that's what you're implying. This is 2013 m8, there is nothing wrong with a man crying. I think it's funny you think you're somebody to decide this for people though.

2013 teenagers confirmed for being gamma males. Yes, gamma.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
No, you using my censor dodging as a scapegoat to avoid everything else I said (which I somehow knew you would) is nitpicking.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
No, you using my censor dodging as a scapegoat to avoid everything else I said (which I somehow knew you would) is nitpicking.
It's less of a matter of avoiding it as much as it is I don't take you seriously because you're sixteen and dumb enough to censor dodge just to get an insult in.

Also lol gamma male talk RUDE.

TERAN UR RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But calling someone a ***got isn't rude, because throwing homophobic slurs around as a legitimate insult is totally okay, especially when you're straight.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
Well you're complaining about the rudeness of that statement, that sort of speaks for itself really.
I was joking brah.
But calling someone a ***got isn't rude, because throwing homophobic slurs around as a legitimate insult is totally okay, especially when you're straight.
never said it wasn't rude etc
It's less of a matter of avoiding it as much as it is I don't take you seriously because you're sixteen and dumb enough to censor dodge just to get an insult in.
I have a hard time believing that. I really do think you chose to avoid it because you have nothing to say, not because you "don't take me seriously because I'm sixteen." And I see you're still dwelling on my insult, even trying harder to avoid the argument. Why?

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
Hm maybe I should have reworded what I said then. I meant that I'm just depressed as **** due to everything that's going on in my life currently; I do see myself being somewhat happy in the future though.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
We on page 187, poop buttass motha****as.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Hey, authority figure, how about you speak your mind instead of making disapproving grunts regarding a situation that you presented a different view about when I openly discussed it with you?

I really hope I can have a healthy relationship with my kids someday. Screw this crap.

Top Bottom