• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I was supposed to hang out with a girls today, she acts really friendly and seems like a genuinely decent person the night before...only to completely ignore my texts and messages the next day. I know she is for a fact, as evident on her facebook posting statuses and whatnot...with her mobile. :(

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Tryna **** my ex-girlfriend. She's so hot and cold. Sometimes she's all for it and then later she plays hard to get. Then again I only seem to care half of the time so idk.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm starting to go full ***** mode lately. Two months on hormones, and I'm already snapping at people and getting an attitude I never knew I had. On one hand, I love the fact it's working; on the other hand, I'm starting to be a *****. What fun fun fun.

:phone:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I have a 40 minute hold before speaking with unemployment. I have a bad feeling about this.

edit: I get on the phone with unemployment, they ask me for my ssn and then put me on hold so far for 15 mins.

edit 22: Well it's an identity issue. Next step is to fax them my last pay stub, social security card, passport pic and then hopefully we'll be good to go

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Oh no. One of my favorite authors just called me out for making sexist and ignorant comments in front of my peers. How embarrassing >_<

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh no. One of my favorite authors just called me out for making sexist and ignorant comments in front of my peers. How embarrassing >_<
Why were you making sexist and ignorant comments then?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Why were you making sexist and ignorant comments then?
I didn't find the comments sexist or ignorant, and still so. What I said was upsetting a few people and I think the author just called me out to appeal the masses{and I guess to avoid my difficult questions as well}, it's still embarrassing though.

In other news our helper cleaned out my room and now I can't find my social security card. Worst possible time for this.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
An SSN is something you should really just memorize.

-Quotes from my mother part 1

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
An SSN is something you should really just memorize.

-Quotes from my mother part 1
Lol I memorized it a long time ago. The institution needs a copy of the card faxed over to them for identification purposes

And it appears my old hyper apprehensive self is back. I have to go find my old paystubs, and I'm afraid that my old employer won't help with my login information since my account is locked. ~sighs~

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Um..what's up with these two guys going back and forth jokingly at each other? I'm reading text, but..it feels like I'm being shouted at by two random people that just walked into my house for no reason.

Y

Yodery

Why is everybody around me trying to dictate my grief?

I doubt anyone here will believe me, but I lost my older brother to suicide on October 10, 2012, approximately 7:00 AM. Long story short, months after, everyone expects me to "move on" and ****. My teachers, my principal, my own ****ing mother, (who's actually trying to justify and make reason with what he did) and it's like... I'm ****ing tired of it.

My English teacher told me to, dead ***, "get over your sadness, and come to Earth like the rest of us" TWO ****ING WEEKS after he died, when I went back to school. I told her to go **** herself, and I ran out of the room, crying. Three days of out-of-school suspension. Cool.

My principal (who I thought was on my side with this) told me to man up (no joke) three weeks ago. He's on my IRL blacklist, tbh, as is my mom; I told you her deal above.

Why does everybody expect you to get over (oh, I'm sorry, "move on") your brother, your best friend's, ****ing death so quickly? Why is death so... trivialized these days? Do I sound like I'm whining here? I don't know. I just want to sit in my room these days, and sleep. :urg:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm sorry that they expect you to move on, and I'm not trying to come across as rude, or demanding or anything, but you have to understand a few things.

Grief causes issues. I understand that it's really tough losing someone, but two things:

1) You really can't put life on the back burner. I know it's tough now, but realize that you WILL have a life later on, and since you're still in school (I'm assuming high school), you're going to have to keep your grades up in order to get into a decent college and get a decent job. If you let that all fall behind, you'll be screwing yourself over. It may sound harsh, but think about it.

2) I don't know your brother, but I'm going to assume that he wouldn't want you stopping your life for this, which is what it sounds like you're doing (Unless school suspensions are a normal thing for you. I'm going to assume they're not). He'd want you to enjoy yourself, not struggle through life (especially since he committed suicide, he definitely wouldn't want you to feel like he did).

Have you given your teacher/principal a reason to treat you that way? Have your grades drop? Have you been getting in trouble due to anything? Have you been sleeping in class? There are a lot of reasons that they would tell you those things. I'm not accusing you of anything, I just want you to think about it a little bit. There are always reasons behind things. If they're just being jerks, then that's very sad and I feel very sorry for you. If there is a reason for it, remember that they do care about you, and that they probably want to not only do their job (prepare you for college), but they also want you to start recovering.

For the mother, you have to understand that unless she absolutely hated your older brother, she's probably worse off than you are. Losing a brother is one thing. Losing a child is something worse. Kids usually get off of these things better in the end than parents. They've spent several years throwing everything they could into the child's life (regardless of how bad it looks), dreaming that they would grow up into something successful. Realizing the fact that your son not only took his life, but he felt bad enough to do so... Really has a toll on any parental guardian. To them, it basically means that they failed at making their child's life successful. They'll never see their child again. Was it because of them? Who knows, but when it comes to death, it leaves guilt. A lot of guilt. "We didn't raise him well enough... We didn't love him enough... We didn't let him do what he wants enough... We were terrible parents..." Stuff like that. You have to understand that she's probably just coping with it, and you definitely shouldn't hate her for it. She's doing what most parents can't do... Move on from these types of things. She'll probably be changed forever if they were close at all. You will too, but parents almost always have it worse.

Once again, I don't know your situation fully, so any of this could be wrong, and you have my condolences.

I don't follow therapy much, but if you feel that you can't do anything because of the grief, I would seek therapy, as bad as it sounds. They can give you suggestions and help you realize that you need to move on waaay better than I can.

TL;DR: You lost a loved one, and I'm very sorry. However, you have to understand that life will not be delayed for grief. Since you're a high schooler, if you grief your way through the rest of it, unless you somehow focus on schoolwork and homework while being sad, you'll fall behind and possibly fail, and that will screw your life over in the long run if you do it enough. Remember to stay strong. Remember that people have reasons for what they say.

Sorry for anything I repeated, and if I sounded harsh at any point, I'm really sorry. Stay strong, and I hope you can get through this.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman

I doubt anyone here will believe me, but I lost my older brother to suicide on October 10, 2012, approximately 7:00 AM. Long story short, months after, everyone expects me to "move on" and ****. My teachers, my principal, my own ****ing mother, (who's actually trying to justify and make reason with what he did) and it's like... I'm ****ing tired of it.

My English teacher told me to, dead ***, "get over your sadness, and come to Earth like the rest of us" TWO ****ING WEEKS after he died, when I went back to school. I told her to go **** herself, and I ran out of the room, crying. Three days of out-of-school suspension. Cool.

My principal (who I thought was on my side with this) told me to man up (no joke) three weeks ago. He's on my IRL blacklist, tbh, as is my mom; I told you her deal above.

Why does everybody expect you to get over (oh, I'm sorry, "move on") your brother, your best friend's, ****ing death so quickly? Why is death so... trivialized these days? Do I sound like I'm whining here? I don't know. I just want to sit in my room these days, and sleep. :urg:
You don't sound like you're whining at all. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this; this isn't you grieving when you shouldn't be, this is completely normal. Unfortunately, many people around you seem to be extremely insensitive to the situation. You need time, not people trying to force happiness down your throat.

Just..try to cope. Interact with the world, but to get over something, you have to have time to grieve. That isn't you doing something wrong.

Y

Yodery

Thanks, both of you, but to be honest, I don't think I'll ever move on... I really don't.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Wow. What a bunch of ****s.

Any ways, to add to my ongoing story of bad luck and whatnot, I need a certain textbook for my English class. I got quizzes on thursday that require reading the book...and my bookstore ran out of stock for the book and won't be shipped more until next week.

Gonna be a nice 0% sitting on my grade in my 2nd week of university for English.

ffs.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thanks, both of you, but to be honest, I don't think I'll ever move on... I really don't.
You might not ever understand it, and you'll never like it, nevertheless you will in all likelihood move on. Not to say that everyone does, or that I know enough about you to make such a declaration, but most people who experience tragedy move on whether they want to or not. That's because life is going to spring other experiences, loves, hates, goals, etc. regardless of how you feel, and before you know it you will have "moved" on despite not understanding or despising bitterly what happened. You can try to not acquire these things, but even if you did, life, given time, will forcibly spring these upon you. At any rate, I'm sorry to hear (read) of your situation.

And ****, all I could come up with to say was really "life goes on" and "time heals all wounds", but at least I tried to stretch it out to and reword it to not be a total ****pile of platitudes.

Top Bottom