• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm upset that the stream for Stunfest cut off near the end yesterday. I need to know if Louffy won the damn tournament and I want rewatch the matches of him owning the Japanese as well. Graaargh. I hate it when idiots stream using any other than Twitch.tv.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I give up, lol.

I'm just gonna wait for the right moment to "snap" and let it all out. e.e

D

Deleted member

My girlfriend of 9 months broke up with me the day I was finally home from university... I'm bummming sooooo hard... I really don't know what to do...
my fiancee that i've been with since 2006 broke up with me this past weekend, so we're in a similar situation.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Youtube has gotten ****ing ridiculous with all these commercials now. Can't even have the tab open without a damn commercial playing every other minute.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, adblock simple is working. But I was using adblock plus before and it stopped working

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am so absent minded that I absolutely hate being responsible for other people. I went with my friend to help her shopt at coscos and between all the errands she had me do for her I ended up with ehr key while she's at the dcotor's office now. I have to drop everything I had to do today to be home to make sure she can get into the building and her apartment when she returns. My day is ruined.

@Whitemage: I've had it for less than 24 hours but so far the adblocker seems to be working fine for google chrome. Thanks man.

Vashimus

Smash Master
This is why I don't "hang out" with girls unless I'm sleeping with them. It's a waste of time and you don't get anything out of it.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
This is why I don't "hang out" with girls unless I'm sleeping with them. It's a waste of time and you don't get anything out of it.
Gotta agree with that. I think they're great to telecomunicate with(facebook, texts) but not really to hang out with. What is "this" though? I'm curious.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Maybe I'm just once again becoming more detached but I feel like living with my friend is having a bad effect on me. She is very disappointed with the work I did for her, and she is concerned that she may not be able to present the project to the class now(I think she might be crying) and I honestly hardly care. I feel like maybe if she didn't present on concepts she didn't have techniques she hasn't mastered then she wouldn't be in this position. Or maybe if she didn't have me do pretty much her entire project for her she wouldn't be in this position. It's her own damn fault. In the past I would have cared but now I simply don't. I hope I'm not also this way with the friends I do care about. I like being an empathetic person. I hope I haven't lost that.

Edit: And she finally reveals her frustration with me. She said words to the effect of me claiming to help but really not helping her. Which is somewhat true but kinda bull**** as well. I did exactly what she asked me to, but she wanted more. I guess she wanted it to look fancy and for me to put as much effort into as I would one of my own class projects. That prospect is funny considering that I did every part of the analysis and honestly isn't much different a project that I would have presented myself lol. My presentations were always very simple because I could speak at length about very little, I guess she can't do it especially since she doesn't understand the work that's in the paper(she had me come up with the methodology). Anyways....I guess it's finally time for me to start looking into other places to live. I can afford it now since I'm on unemployment benefits. But I will miss free rent. Also change is always scary. Too bad :/

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I may not be able to get my new headphones tomorrow, dog had to go to the vet and I may have to help pay. >.<

Just one thing after the next. e.e

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Me and my boyfriend broke up two nights ago. It's hard. ;-; We it a rough patch in February, but we had worked it out. The underline issue from that break up wasn't an issue any longer, or so I thought. About three weeks ago I noticed things just became off. Much less ilys, much less interest in me/my day, much less love coming TO ME in general. So I confronted him about it. Long story short, the first issue wasn't ever resolved for him (I don't know why he said it was when we got back together in Feb) and he didn't know if he loved me anymore. So, I pretty much told him he knows exactly how I feel, and that I love him and want to be with him, but only if he wanted the same. Which, he didn't.

The worst part is, in the back of my head this tiny part of me is hoping he comes back to me and apologizes like last time. But, I know he won't. I know it's over, and it rly hurts. >.<

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Me and my boyfriend broke up two nights ago. It's hard. ;-; We it a rough patch in February, but we had worked it out. The underline issue from that break up wasn't an issue any longer, or so I thought. About three weeks ago I noticed things just became off. Much less ilys, much less interest in me/my day, much less love coming TO ME in general. So I confronted him about it. Long story short, the first issue wasn't ever resolved for him (I don't know why he said it was when we got back together in Feb) and he didn't know if he loved me anymore. So, I pretty much told him he knows exactly how I feel, and that I love him and want to be with him, but only if he wanted the same. Which, he didn't.

The worst part is, in the back of my head this tiny part of me is hoping he comes back to me and apologizes like last time. But, I know he won't. I know it's over, and it rly hurts. >.<
Did you cheat on him?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Did you cheat on him?
Nope! I would never. Our issue in Feb was the distance. He couldn't take it, but three days later was like "I made a mistake, let's move in together/I wanna be part of your life ect"

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not really unhappy, but there is a motif in my family about me being a person that is impossible to reason with, and because that concept irks me because it aims for what I associate with myself very passionately, and the methodology in which these accusations come to me puts me at near disbelief.

It's just, when I get into a topic with someone, and we make statements, and then we explain those statements, somewhere along the line these days, my father, and just tonight two times in a row, my brother, they stop and make it personal and shift attention away from the topic and say that I have no intention of being reasoned with. They always do this when I question something they state. It never fails. And when I do that enough, they reach the "Holder Point", and they interpret it as, "Ohhhh Holder, you see this is why I can't talk with you, you are being so unreasonable, what with you always asking for reasons for things!" The first time my father did this, earlier in that same discussion, he implied that the topic didn't need to be understood. I feel like that whole discussion was our biases doing an interpretive dance together.

Tonight my brother and me went to go see Iron Man 3 (was pretty good by the way), and before it went on we started talking about something that involved my brother, at one point, leaving the topic and claiming that our father was right about me. I was fortunate enough to shut him up with some logic, though I feel like it ended because I referenced what father did in the discussion, and the note he ended it on was that he agreed father does that sometimes, as if it was his bias now appeased. Then, after the movie, I talk about an aspect of the movie which I found rather random, and off we go talking about it, and he artificially constructs a point to rationalize his original view opposing me. I questioned it, and he grew very upset and referenced our father yet again.

I mean, damn... It's not a big deal, but that is so unfair and I would never try to do that to them. Anyways, boring rant over. Moral of the story is that some people have a "Holder Point" where, after so many times, they erroneously get annoyed with getting asked for reasons to support their bias and they become convinced that the inquirer is in fact merely guarding their own bias by never being satisfied with any opposing answer, rather than believing that their reasons aren't actually being founded anywhere at all.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Nope! I would never. Our issue in Feb was the distance. He couldn't take it, but three days later was like "I made a mistake, let's move in together/I wanna be part of your life ect"
I think it's really difficult for guys to be in a long distance relationship. You might wanna try asking him if it's really because he doesn't love you anymore, cuz I would bet that's not the problem.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Moral of the story is that some people have a "Holder Point" where, after so many times, they erroneously get annoyed with getting asked for reasons to support their bias and they become convinced that the inquirer is in fact merely guarding their own bias by never being satisfied with any opposing answer.

That's kind of the vibe I got from you in the debate hall... I felt like you weren't quite sure what you wanted to believe, but instead had so many other questions that people were unable to answer in a way for you to understand, which caused you to ask more questions nobody could answer to the point where it started to seem like an attack, which caused the person being asked the questions to get defensive and eventually reach "The Holder point".

Just my 2 cents there... :S

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think it's really difficult for guys to be in a long distance relationship. You might wanna try asking him if it's really because he doesn't love you anymore, cuz I would bet that's not the problem.
You're really probably right. I don't doubt he still loves me, but I think there is more involved than just not being able to handle the distance. I don't know what, and I'm not going to stress over it either. But I am confident there was more behind it, just because we were planning to fix the distance, and it would have been done relativity quickly.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I love someone and realize it can't work I have a hard time staying friends or anything with them and end up just never seeing them again. Even the few times I do see them I don't talk to them even if they are interested in talking to me. I politely say hello and junk, but don't want to carry out a real conversation

Chaco

Never Logs In
I lost my wallet. It had about $200, Let the search recommence...

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That's kind of the vibe I got from you in the debate hall... I felt like you weren't quite sure what you wanted to believe, but instead had so many other questions that people were unable to answer in a way for you to understand, which caused you to ask more questions nobody could answer to the point where it started to seem like an attack, which caused the person being asked the questions to get defensive and eventually reach "The Holder point".

Just my 2 cents there... :S
That confuses me because I've been quite certain about what I want to believe in any discussion I've had here that you could have seen. In fact last time I was there I repeated what I believed basically to the point of ad nauseum to insure no confusion.

Besides, no one here really reached that point, I was referencing personal life. Most discussions in Smashboards, if not all, that I've participated in, just ends up in a standstill where both sides just keep repeating the same things over and over because they simply think the other isn't understanding their point. Never does anyone really go, "Oh well you are clearly just unsatisfied with anything I could say!" to me or anyone else. Nor has anyone told me, here or in my personal life, that I just don't know what to believe. In fact that directly contradicts the "Holder Point" in that the person who reaches it thinks that the other (me in this case) is not willing to change what they believe by being unsatisfied with all answers against it. Also, my belief or complete skepticism wouldn't really change my point, it's about the concept of questioning assumptions in statements.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Things that we are not satisfied with are easier to discuss than things that we are content with.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
And infinitely more interesting. I mean come on, posts about being happy are ****ing boring to read.

Now hearing about White Mage losing his mind while I turn into Charlie Sheen? Priceless.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The fact that the Unhappy Thread has twice as much activity as the Happy Thread makes me unhappy.
Let's look at some unhappy thread topics.

w is unhappy about his penis, cause his body won't be ready for his girlfriend.
x is unhappy he won't collect unemployment, despite not living in the United States.
y is unhappy about doing some other skank's college work, which he somehow got roped into doing.
z is unhappy about not choosing to work a job, when he had the chance to apply for it.

Can you really not comment on any of these scenarios?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I nearly had anal sex (straight) for the first time today, but when it came time to it I opted against it because I was afraid of being a sodomite and loosing God's favor(I doubt have it now to be honest), and I'm sure the girl being unattractive also had something to do with it. My point is that it's something I have the desire to do, but my beliefs will probably keep me from doing it, and if I do it then I'll immediate and perhaps forever regret it. It's a bad dilemma.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I was just being silly... I understand unhappiness (even excessive) is a necessary part of being human.

Being unhappy simply means we're dissatisfied with something, and being dissatisfied usually leads to improvement in some way.

Is this really how I'm spending my Friday night? :|

Top Bottom