• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want to get into a physical altercation with William. I refuse to give him the luxury of spacing out his name. He's the demon from Black Eyed Peas.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ok, stop. This is just ridiculous. Don't continue it further.
What is ridiculous? The Froggy saga, the asian imagebombs, or our lives?

Are you encouraging me to commit suicide?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Over an hour on the phone with Microsoft and they couldn't figure out why my Microsoft office suite couldn't be activated. And now they've scheduled a callback for tomorrow so they can fix the problem, but I'm doubtful they can. Hopefully if they can't fix it tomorrow they can just mail me a licensed copy so I don't have to go through this again. On top of that it really bugs me that the woman I'm staying with is so incompetent that she practically needs me to write her college papers for her. I have to wonder if she is actually learning anything in her senior seminar class. It seems to be me and another friend who is finding all the data and running all the analysis for her. It's frustrating.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Over an hour on the phone with Microsoft and they couldn't figure out why my Microsoft office suite couldn't be activated. And now they've scheduled a callback for tomorrow so they can fix the problem, but I'm doubtful they can. Hopefully if they can't fix it tomorrow they can just mail me a licensed copy so I don't have to go through this again. On top of that it really bugs me that the woman I'm staying with is so incompetent that she practically needs me to write her college papers for her. I have to wonder if she is actually learning anything in her senior seminar class. It seems to be me and another friend who is finding all the data and running all the analysis for her. It's frustrating.
What programs do you really need?

Word and Excel are free to use, unless you need some kind of feature only in the suite.

I'm not sure how they limit the free versions, but I'm able to write and use them without any problem. Haven't run into any limitations yet

Or maybe they just came free with my computer and is not standard

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
'Ill be honest, you could do so much better. You're boyfriend is a jerk. I think you are only still in the relationship because you are afraid of being single. You're like a little sister to me and I know you deserve better'

Someone actually told me this about my boyfriend yesterday. Someone I consider a close friend. He has NEVER met my boyfriend. He has only heard me talk via Skype while gaming (bf can be a snarky person when he games, but honestly who cares? Doesn't warrant ruining a relationship?) ONE FREAKIN TIME

I've known my boyfriend for almost 14 years. We've been close through a lot of this time, and have been dating for almost 3 years. I think I know him better than most, friend. Plus, school is stressful and maintaining a long distance relationship is stressful. I'm not afraid of being single. I, ya know, have feelings for my boyfriend and don't want to break up with him? And honestly, if you want what's best, do NOT stress me out like that during a time where I'm freaking out on homework. I broke down crying last night and that lovely conversation was a major factor

People can be so dumb

Sorry for long rant. Needed to get that off my chest so I don't freak out irrationally at my buddy
He's usually an okay person. Just
Ugh
Stop trying to psychoanalyze, dude. It's making you look like the jerk here.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I want to, and i tried
but he sometimes acts like one of those "MY OPINIONS ARE THE HIGH RODE but i dont really think that but seriously they are"

And long winded conversations to follow

Yeah, I just kind of tried to explain myself, and then stopped talking because i was just really upset and wanted to get my dang homework done.

Roommates cheered me up though. "What do you guys think of my boyfriend?"
"Oh, he's really chill and nice"

They've met him on a few occasions and have heard him over skype multiple times xD Im just happy they like him because then our house dynamic will stay nice when he comes over u w u

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
That's what my roommates have been saying....

I hope not. I really do not need awkward drama right now. Drama = Stress
Stress = BAD STUFF

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
College is making me quite the unhappy camper...which is why I've been trollin the smashboards lately. :( Seriously, I don't think I'm depressed, but I'm such a quitter. I'm considering dropping a class because I know that I can retake an easier version of this class next semester. That might seem like a way out...but I've alredy done this several times. I'm dissapointed in myself...I've already dropped a class. I'm so lazy. Maybe I am depressed...uh I'm just stuck in a major that I do not like, but it's too late to change as of now (because loans, because I'm almost done and just need to get this degree). I have a paper due tomorrow for this class and I'm on smashboards. The worst part is, I've already had an extension on one paper and didn't even do it then...which brings my exam grade to like an 30. I'm thinking that I might not even pass with the good grade that I get on the paper that's due tomorrow.

Towards the end of every semester, I always find myself wishing for the break to arrive.

Worst part is, I don't have the hardest major. I'm in the liberal arts field. pls kill me gooby

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every art book I'm studying recommends life drawing people. But I don't know of any place that does that around here.

Maybe I should go around asking people if I could draw them naked

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Nk, I am in that exact feels right now
minus the disliking my major
i only dislike what i have to do for class/homework in general

Just keep with it. You got this! You're in a rut. But, to get outta the major quicker, you gotta take more classes! Just dont stress yourself out too much

Psycho, are there any art colleges around you? Check schools and local groups. Use the internets! There are bound to be some resources for you to find : o If not, online references arent the best, but they get the job done when you cant get to life drawing. Posemaniacs and Pixellovely are awesome for poses and life drawing stuff. Great resources!
Btw, talk with Alley Cat from the Art Emporium. She's a lifedrawing instructor at a game studio atm. She gives good advice on resource finding and whatnot

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
What programs do you really need?

Word and Excel are free to use, unless you need some kind of feature only in the suite.

I'm not sure how they limit the free versions, but I'm able to write and use them without any problem. Haven't run into any limitations yet

Or maybe they just came free with my computer and is not standard

It is the free version that I am unable to activate. I keep getting the error message that their servers are down. They've told me that the problem is with my wireless adapter so a member of their team will be calling me to reset it. With any luck that will work.

Edit: So I've been staying with a friend of mine, and lately things haven't been so great. She wants me to do her entire senior thesis for her, and talk to her all the time/keep her company. It frustrates me a lot because I was bullied in highschool and it feels the same way now. I am Powerless, she keeps asking me to do so much for her and I can't say no because then I won't have a place to stay. What's worse is that it's not like I've been staying there for free, I contributed to the rent(if I didn't give her money I wouldn't be so salty about this). And now today I seem to have lost the room key, I don't have it on my person so I can only assume that I left it at the apartment. Quite likely I forgot to take the room key out of the door when I locked it. If I did that or lost it elsewhere it's quite likely she'll tell me she doesn't feel safe living with me and ask me to leave. With any luck though she'll give me a week before kicking me out.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You can reset a wireless adapter by yourself.

I think it was more complicated than just resting the adapter. I imagine specific properties needed to be changed. But they did and everything is ok and activated now.

And it turns out yesterday I did leave my key in the door, somehow my friend missed that when she left the apartment and I got home and took the key out maybe 15 minutes before she returned home. Lucky.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I think it was more complicated than just resting the adapter. I imagine specific properties needed to be changed. But they did and everything is ok and activated now.

And it turns out yesterday I did leave my key in the door, somehow my friend missed that when she left the apartment and I got home and took the key out maybe 15 minutes before she returned home. Lucky.
ipconfig/renew
ipconfig/release
ipconfig/flushdns

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You're activating the free trial version of Microsoft Word. It's not supposed to be rocket science.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Leaving the apartment to go work at the library because there is just way too much tension here. Pretending it's not there won't make it go away and it will be nice to get out. I'll know if I'm reapproved for unemployment benefits next week. I'll be in trouble if I'm not.

Fortunately just as I'm ready to go, she has an appointment. She'll only be gone for a few hours though so I'll make sure I'm gone before she gets back. I'll be able to more done if I'm not around her.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Ugh, Obamacare is starting to show it's ugly side.

One of our family friends has a severe infection that could kill him if untreated and he needs a certain medicine. The insurance is NOT going to let him get it. The doctor had to argue with them but they still wouldn't allow him to get the medicine and gave him 2 other options of medicine that weren't as good or effective. The wife asked the doctor why the insurance wouldn't let him get the medicine, and he said it's the Obamacare limiting who can get what medicine though the insurance.

So guess what? They had to buy the good medicine out of pocket.

This is only going to get worse people. ;-;

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

One of our family friends has a severe infection that could kill him if untreated and he needs a certain medicine. The insurance is NOT going to let him get it. The doctor had to argue with them but they still wouldn't allow him to get the medicine and gave him 2 other options of medicine that weren't as good or effective. The wife asked the doctor why the insurance wouldn't let him get the medicine, and he said it's the Obamacare limiting who can get what medicine though the insurance.

Sorry to hear that, that sucks. But blame the republicans, not Obamacare. They've been fillerbusting everything Obama has been trying to do in congress.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You sound like your biased and ignorant of the whole thing

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You sound like your biased and ignorant of the whole thing

I supposed I am biased in that I hate what republicans have perverted congress into. I'm not sure what you mean by ignorant, everything I've stated is true.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Oh my god how does my insurance work.

One insurance policy never covered every drug. To do so would be counter intuitive and would result in higher co pay because the coverage would be more spread out. In the case of life saving medications, the insurance companies don't cover for life changing medications, because "life changing" medications are highly probable to quickly escalate their overhead. Did they have to decide between brand or generic? If it is brand, then I'm not surprised that they had to pay for everything.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Oh my god how does my insurance work.

One insurance policy never covered every drug. To do so would be counter intuitive and would result in higher co pay because the coverage would be more spread out. In the case of life saving medications, the insurance companies don't cover for life changing medications, because "life changing" medications are highly probable to quickly escalate their overhead. Did they have to decide between brand or generic? If it is brand, then I'm not surprised that they had to pay for everything.
No it wasn't brand or generic, they had to choose a completely different type of medicine if they wanted the insurance to pay for it. Insurance wouldn't cover the generic brand either. I don't know what the name of it was though.

The doctor knows it is because of Obamacare because the insurance has previously covered it.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Didn't get the job I really wanted and which the interviewers liked me. Bummed out about that.

Top Bottom