• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultra Sacred Mr. Game & Watch Technique

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Just use bair > nair, duh.

Discuss and share what other stuffs you do with Mr. G&W.

Seriously though, I use bair > nair ALL the time against ALL characters. It rarely fails and it is an extremely effective edgeguard.

Another very effective 2-piece is a simple jab > dtilt. Mix that in with your jab > grab and you have yourself a healthy Mr. G&W.

Since there are so few of us these days we really should share with one another little things that we have found that consistently work well so we can all continue to improve.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
My opinion on Manhole:
Dtilt is a good defensive system use to warn off your opponents from you; especially FOX. You can also use manhole to get close and Dtilt them to bate them to rebuff; retaliate to your attack which you can punish your opponent for.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
Good info. I never really even dreamed of using bacon/sausage combos. i guess i never really thought about the fact that tere actually was a pattern to their trajectories. thanks phenom

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
dude the how to sausage guide xD. i like to use to 1st sausage to combo like B dtlt (egde) funny how bottom tiers **** 3 times harder than middle tiers

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
VERY USEFUL Game and Watch light-shield technique:

Jab once and hold z. Light shield will come out almost instantly (right after the SUPER fast jab).

G&W's light shield is so important. But I hate light-shielding with L or R because I don't have the delicacy to press the buttons half way. So I think the jab to z light-shield hog is a great technique.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
One time Trees grabbed me near the edge with G&W, threw me off, so I fast-fell in an effort to sweet spot the ledge with my DJ or my up+B, I can't remember--but all of a sudden, just like a dropzone knee, he runs off the stage and hits me with a 9 Hammer o_x;; Too epic. That's the G&W Sacred Combo.

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's what it's for. Don't use this SACRED KNOWLEDGE to promolugate G&W's Brawl game; use it for MELEE if you care about SMASH.
You don't need to memorize the trajectories in order for them to be effective, you just need to act accordingly to where you see it will go. But your secrets safe with me, most of the Brawl G&W's don't bother looking into chef, but I do, its a great projectile, however it just requires the character adapt to it.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
fair-> dtilt -> fair -> dtilt -> nair on fast fallers.

on floaties fair-> dtilt->nair.

cross stage ****.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My best non-planned combo:

I was playing against a lvl 9 Falco. While recovering, I used my up-B and tried to sweet-spot the ledge. I overshot it a slight bit, but hit falco, knocking him into the air. I immediately ledge-hopped to 9 while he was in hitstun. Probably one of my best GaW combos :p

If I were playing a human falco, I would have been dead :p

The Phenom

Smash Lord
^That actually works on Falco mains if you predict right.^ It looks very nice too!

Neb:But in my long post if you read...I mention how if you memorize the patterns of them each, you can use them as your spacing estimate from the opponent in order for a bacon/sausage to land on them; it betters your chances of landing a hit. Not just that but it can play a psychological role as I mentioned before;I won't give in to details; go figure.

The memorization of patterns DOES HAVE A EFFECTIVE use. To me it determines my spacing from my opponent in order for I to have a chance on landing a hit of a bacon/sausage to a follow up; thus COMBO probability is made possible by chance.

You are saying that memorizing the patterns are ineffective/unbeneficial.

This is how memorizing them can be made effective for Spacing strategy and for Combo strategy.

edit: For several reasons I have deleted most of my imput/knowledge for the best.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Against Floaties like MArth/Peach/Samus/etc at low percents you can Dthrow -> utilt -> FJ aerial

I prefer to use bair more than anything but Uair is your safest bet. I think Bair is our second fastest aerial, behind Uair. You can probably use Fair too, depending on their DI.

Top Bottom