• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultra-Official Illinois MELEE Thread. (new player list, updated tourneys & fests)

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm pretty positive it won't be this weekend, and next weekend it's possible that brawl will be at the Cave, but not sure.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
There was a school shooting today at Northern Illinois University. 17 people were involved in some manner, 4 were killed. I wasnt even completely sure if TJ still or ever went there, but I know it was near him at least.

I was really concerned because he hasnt been on smashboards for the last few days, and he isnt online either.

The same question goes for anyone else who may be in the DeKalb region....Jazzness? :(

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/university.shooting/index.html
The shooter's sister was my babysitter growing up. They/he lived on my street for a number of years.

Oddly enough, he seemed like a nice guy. He gave me what is now my entire NES library of games.

It's freakin weird.

I hope everyone else up there at NIU is all right. :(

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
The shooter's sister was my babysitter growing up. They/he lived on my street for a number of years.

Oddly enough, he seemed like a nice guy. He gave me what is now my entire NES library of games.

It's freakin weird.

I hope everyone else up there at NIU is all right. :(
even odder my Math teacher knew the guy in high school. He said he used to sit right next to him in his band class o.O...

S623

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, does anyone live around Homewood? I've been wanting to go some tournaments, but I can't find any.

ook

Smash Lord
I live in Vernon Hills right around there

Just directly north where it says "Leithton" in small letters.
That's pretty much exactly where I live

(I don't have Brawl yet though)

Zjiin

Smash Master
D: Zjinn never answered my question T_T
heh sorry, didnt see it amoungst the chatter. The only time i play smash on weekends is at tourneys or something out of state non-smash related. I'm big on traveling so i don't get much time at home, or else i'd set up my smashfests again. (for those of you who have been around long enough to remember those)

edub

Smash Apprentice
i wouldn't mind going to kenosha, that's like 30 mins away from me

edit: well during breaks from school that is. so spring break, summer vacation etc.

Taekmkm

Smash Cadet
I dunno what VHHS is.

@ Quaz: I'm up for anything, really. I'm getting a work schedule soon so I'll tell you my available days.

EDUB: I'm staying in Vernon Hills for the next year or so.

edub

Smash Apprentice
try to make my tourney this saturday! thats in racine though, an extra half hour for you to drive

Edub: when is your spring break?
starts march 8th.... but that's the week that brawl comes out and i'm not sure how much traveling i'll be doing. i'll probably be glued to the tv :p

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Hey guys! First time for me here in the Regional Zone. Obviously, this was the first thread to catch my eye. You can definately add me to the list.

Name: Copperpot
Main: Bowser/Metaknight (The first post is a little confusing, being that you say you aren't taking down mains, but the list shows several mains.) :p

EDIT: Correcting my own stupid mistake. It took me a few seconds to realize that they are all Melee mains . . . doh.

Well, put me down for Link/Bowser as my Melee mains. :lick:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hey guys! First time for me here in the Regional Zone. Obviously, this was the first thread to catch my eye. You can definately add me to the list.

Name: Copperpot
Main: Bowser/Metaknight (The first post is a little confusing, being that you say you aren't taking down mains, but the list shows several mains.) :p

EDIT: Correcting my own stupid mistake. It took me a few seconds to realize that they are all Melee mains . . . doh.

Well, put me down for Link/Bowser as my Melee mains. :lick:

:poke poke:

I remember you from Wiseguy's thread....

We should smash sometime. ^ ^

Minty

Smash Apprentice
what game stops are you guys going. Please include address =3. I dont know yet for me

Minty

Smash Apprentice
psh you wish =P . I live far as hell from that area lol. I can take the train but nah =P.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
Hmm Zjinn lets make a team for brawls xD. =P Illinois people can join only xD

smash superstar

Smash Ace
so whos pumped for the brawl tournys at gamestops?

i am!...even though if they have to go by the offical rules it will kinda suck...but hey who can complain bout a smash tourny!

and were gonna have melee up also to go along with it!

Minty

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know what time is the gamestop tournament? I heard people say its at 9? some say its at 12? Please confirm here. THANKS!

Top Bottom