• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Snake Compendium

tsl

Smash Apprentice
D-tilt would have too much startup to be useful in this application, IMO. U-tilt has a decent hitbox to Snake's sides, so I'd imagine that you'd only have to land him near the enemy in order to get a hit. You could probably just aim straight for the opponent (or where he'll be, depending on how you read him) when you jump.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
lol yes, yes up tilt is too good. And the strange one in the center of his body for bair.
I've hit B-air with Snake's head before. o.O I believe his whole body is a hitbox for that move.

Nayruu

Smash Rookie
instead of shielding to initially drop a nade: an alternative for teh sake of mindgamez is Z. youll drop the nade, but do a grab motion that looks exactly like a throw. great for tricking people

Green Thunder

Smash Rookie
I dunno if people have said much regarding this, but it could be a good mindgame helper.

Do a dash attack but not with the intent of hitting your opponent. If you land close enough in front of them and hold down, you can go straight into a down tilt that might get someone who was trying to shield the dash attack.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Did you know that Snake's down B bombs appears to have the form of butterflies sometimes? Maybe the effect changes on the bombs when they become butterflies? I don't know, I wasn't the one who found it out.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Did you know that Snake's down B bombs appears to have the form of butterflies sometimes? Maybe the effect changes on the bombs when they become butterflies? I don't know, I wasn't the one who found it out.
Just an easter egg, besides appearance they have the exact same properties.

Farowe

Smash Rookie
Its only a visual reference to MGS3 Semtex , nothing less nothing more...

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
I use Snake quite a bit. I was trying to find out something with his Charged Land Mine and while it was briefly mentioned in the beginning of this *terrible* compendium, it was never fleshed out.

I tried doing things with the charged land mine and normal landmine. I didn't notice any difference. Has anyone found out what the charged landmine is good for? Lets get that one out of the way place, thanks.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
There's a 13% difference and slightly more knockback. That's about it. It does make a nice mental threat to your opponent though if you pull it off. "OH SHI- fully charged mine. D: "

Edit: If you think about it, the mine starts off at 17% and peaks at 30%. Snake essentially had a motion-sensor FALCON PAWNCH!!!

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
How do you Snake Dash? I've tried it so many times and I can't get it.
Just cancel the first couple frames of the dash attack with an u-smash. Some people do it via dash + a and cancel it with a c-stick up or even up and a. I personally use c-stick down to start the dash attack, and use the z-button and up to cancel it. There's no one way, and you can probably mod your controls to make it work.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Thanks for the guide and vids I find it very useful. I actually think Snake is slightly underpowered: He's good already, but he's nowhere near MSG4 Type

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
this guide is a bit outdated:/

using snake's Fsmash to edgegaurd is not a preferable strategy and is easily punished. Snake has much better options such as using mortar shells, tilts, and mines.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I think this guide was based on initial impressions of Snake before his current metagame was developed.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
this guide is a bit outdated:/

using snake's Fsmash to edgegaurd is not a preferable strategy and is easily punished. Snake has much better options such as using mortar shells, tilts, and mines.
yea. Mine edgeguarding is where its at.

jbw

Smash Rookie
This is really good.Thanks this helped me.Make another one, lol.

Top Bottom