• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Geno is Third-party, hes owned by Square-Enix, heres my most likely list:

Captain Falcon
Mewtwo
Game & Watch
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Gannondorf (not as a clone)
Falco (not as a clone)

its unlike Nintendo to include a character, then not include them in the next game, so ill explain why i think these next characters won't be in:

Doctor Mario, Pichu and Young Link are all just different versions of their clone counterpart and anyone who plays these characters can easaly switch to Mario, Pikachu or Link. as for Gannondorf and Falco, they are more unique and actually have potential of getting a new move set especially if its TP Gannondorf (wich it would be).

As for NEW characters its anyones guess, but i dislike it when people just forget to add this information and reasoning to their character lists

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
YES HE DOES. Like it or not, HE DOES! B/c this has been said many times with reasons for his inclusion, I'm not going to type it again.
If people complained so much about Dr Mario and Mario, why should there be even a single one person who wants Bowser Jr? Maybe he could not be a Bowser's clone, but hell, he would still be Bowser!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
If people complained so much about Dr Mario and Mario, why should there be even a single one person who wants Bowser Jr? Maybe he could not be a Bowser's clone, but hell, he would still be Bowser!
Nice logic and argument *sarcasm* Bowser Jr.=/=Bowser. All you looking at is the appearance. You aren't looking at styles of the characters or personalities, just appearance, BRAVO!

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Nice logic and argument *sarcasm* Bowser Jr.=/=Bowser. All you looking at is the appearance. You aren't looking at styles of the characters or personalities, just appearance, BRAVO!
No, I'm looking at the whole BOWSER --- BOWSER Jr thing. Hell, they are the same thing, not just in appearance, but in everything. Mario doesn't deserve that much reps, and even if it did, there are other characters who would be much better than Bowser Jr. Seriously, it's ridiculous.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. still has a chance, though Waluigi getting AT'd changed nothing in regards to that.

*Steps back before another ruckus ensues*

@Link to the Snitch:Since you fail to listen to what me or anyone else says, I've reported your post to the mods for belittling, derailing the topic, and flaming.

The argument is over. Do not talk about it any more. ChronoBound has told you to stop. IT ENDS HERE.

Sorry for that. Now, I ment to say this in my last post, but I cant seem to edit it.
You continued after he asked you to stop. All you care about is coming out of the debate on top.

EDIT: And, Mario has enough representatives? Even if we count Wario and Yoshi as Mario reps, that's only five known reps and one likely rep (Luigi). So six is enough for a nearly 200,000,000 copies sold franchise? Hell, some people think Fire Emblem needs four reps, and that's not even 1/20th the number of copies sold versus Mario.

I personally played it, and beat it, IMHO, it was a disappointment. Also, it is sandwiched in between several lackluster Mario Parties and Sports. That period is what I was referring to, the Gamecube Days of Mario, when it seemed that a good helping of the games were disappointing (to me) or bad (to me).
Super Mario Galaxy is fighting with OoT for the best rated game on Game Rankings. That's definitely going down-hill. And on top of that, it's already 1.5 million copies sold, nearly 1/3 of what Sunshine sold.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Chronobound, for the sake of honoring your request, I will be happy to cease and desist from continuing the Link argument (except to tell you that Impa would be a great re-occuring character to put in, since she has appeared in MANY Zelda games, including the very first one).

However, Link to a Snitch, you need to stop treating people like who disagree with you like trash. Agreement with your position doesn't equate intelligence, and beriding them as stupid for holding a particular position not only demonstrates how little faith you have in the facts (the FACTS, not your interpretation of them), but it is, as I said before, a logical falacy and it ruins any credibility in your arguement. Your condescending demeanor has been unprovoked, unnecessary, and rude. There are many intelligent positions on both sides of this particular debate, and just because you disagree with someone's oppinion does not give you cause to call into question their intelligence. Let's try and treat people with a little respect. Thank you.

Why dont we wait until we get the game then argue.
Quoted for truth.

RandomGuy42, not gonna lie, I personally think Bowser Jr. will get the AT stick, as well. Now, that Sakurai has demonstrated, he's not afraid to use it, that is. :cool: I just don't think Bowser Jr has been around long enough or added enough to the Mario series to warrant a full-on character spot. Most arguements I've heard for his inclusion center around his recent popularity, but I personally think Waluigi and Staffy showing up as ATs demonstrates, if nothing else, that Sakurai isn't afraid to AT popular characters. But, then agian, I could be wrong, right?

Smashchu, welcome to the Smashboards. It only gets worse. :p

Ginger9001 (in response to the plastic surgery comment), actually the Skullkid got a hold of the seldom mentioned fourth triforce piece, the triforce of graphical enhancement, and he used it to return with an updated appearance.

Here's hoping for more deconfirmations via AT's.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I editted out the analyses for Stafy, Waluigi, and Daisy due to their deconfirmations as playable characters. Stafy and Waluigi were confirmed to be Assist Trophies, while Daisy is again a costume of Peach.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Okay, I fixed it. Oh, I am also expecting a character update on Monday of some sort, since we have gone over a week without one.
ChronoBound, are there any characters that you doubt will be PC's now because of Waluigi and Stafy's confirmation as AT's?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
ChronoBound, are there any characters that you doubt will be PC's now because of Waluigi and Stafy's confirmation as AT's?
No, there has not been any changes. In my analysis for Waluigi, I mentioned that the most he could hope for was Assist Trophy status. As for Stafy, he was either going to become a playable character or an Assist Trophy and he had equal chances for both. I am really waiting for the update on the Advance Wars Assist Trophy to see if the series has its own icon in the update, if it is the Snash icon, Advance Wars won't be getting a playable representative.

If Sakurai won't confirm to us who is going to be in the game, he can at least give us updates (such as the one on Friday) showing us who won't be in the game. That would obviously be the best course of action to take if he is considering on dragging on the character drought for a while to come.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I editted out the analyses for Stafy, Waluigi, and Daisy due to their deconfirmations as playable characters. Stafy and Waluigi were confirmed to be Assist Trophies, while Daisy is again a costume of Peach.
I wouldn't say Peach being able to dress/color herself as Daisy deconfirms her. Mario still has his Wario look (yellow and purple), Fox's dark look is a lot like Wolf, and Pikachu has Pichu's goggles.

A good arguement for Daisy's part would be that she wouldn't be wearing her dress, moreso her Strikers Charged outfit. This way, there would be Peach in Daisy's classic get-up, while Daisy could have a Peach-look for her Strikers outfit. Just a point.

I really like your logic and arguements, by the way. :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say Peach being able to dress/color herself as Daisy deconfirms her. Mario still has his Wario look (yellow and purple), Fox's dark look is a lot like Wolf, and Pikachu has Pichu's goggles.

A good arguement for Daisy's part would be that she wouldn't be wearing her dress, moreso her Strikers Charged outfit. This way, there would be Peach in Daisy's classic get-up, while Daisy could have a Peach-look for her Strikers outfit. Just a point.

I really like your logic and arguements, by the way. :)
I removed Daisy for two reason:

1. Peach was shown to have the orange-yellow dress and brown-hair alternate costume.
2. Waluigi was shown as an Assist Trophy.

Waluigi is much more popular than Daisy, so if he failed to get in as a playable character, then Daisy has no shot as well, and was most likely deconfirmed with the return of the "Daisy" costume..

Also, I am glad that you like my topic.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I removed Daisy for two reason:

1. Peach was shown to have the orange-yellow dress and brown-hair alternate costume.
2. Waluigi was shown as an Assist Trophy.

Waluigi is much more popular than Daisy, so if he failed to get in as a playable character, then Daisy has no shot as well, and was most likely deconfirmed with the return of the "Daisy" costume..

Also, I am glad that you like my topic.
Well, I am still hopeful, because to me, it's not official until I see it from the Dojo. Daisy has several things going for her: she's female, someone who started off in the Mario Bros. series and has made her comeback, has more of a unique twist to her abilities (flowers, sports, party games, I am woman hear me roar attitude, and other things.

Even if Waluigi has popularity and Peach can dress up as Daisy, nothing's official to me. But your logic is pretty tight too, so I will drop it under those words.

Now about that Animal Crossing character... :chuckle:

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
If Sakurai won't confirm to us who is going to be in the game, he can at least give us updates (such as the one on Friday) showing us who won't be in the game. That would obviously be the best course of action to take if he is considering on dragging on the character drought for a while to come.
That's actually a really good idea. xD

Now about that Animal Crossing character... :chuckle:
ANIMAL CROSSING FTW!!!! :chuckle:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There is rumor going around saying that Lucario is going to get in, but Mewtwo is going to be cut. This comes from the owner of a a huge Pokemon site (possibly the biggest) called serebii.net. Normally, I would push off any proclamations of inside information given by the owners of fansites, however, this is not the first time this has happened. Back in August, one of the moderators to starmen.net (the biggest Mother/EarthBound site around), stated that they had inside information saying that Lucas would be a playable character and hinted toward New Pork City being an arena., both of which became true.

However, why exactly would Mewtwo be cut, especially since he has a unique moveset. The only move from Mewtwo's special moves that Lucario could even possibly use would by Shadow Ball. Other than that Lucario is a completely different character.

If Mewtwo is indeed being the cut, the only veterans that are truly safe are Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Mr. Game & Watch.

It would be sad if Sakurai decided to axe such an awesome character, and one with an original moveset to boot.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
There is rumor going around saying that Lucario is going to get in, but Mewtwo is going to be cut. This comes from the owner of a a huge Pokemon site (possibly the biggest) called serebii.net. Normally, I would push off any proclamations of inside information given by the owners of fansites, however, this is not the first time this has happened. Back in August, one of the moderators to starmen.net (the biggest Mother/EarthBound site around), stated that they had inside information saying that Lucas would be a playable character and hinted toward New Pork City being an arena., both of which became true.

However, why exactly would Mewtwo be cut, especially since he has a unique moveset. The only move from Mewtwo's special moves that Lucario could even possibly use would by Shadow Ball. Other than that Lucario is a completely different character.

If Mewtwo is indeed being the cut, the only veterans that are truly safe are Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Mr. Game & Watch.

It would be sad if Sakurai decided to axe such an awesome character, and one with an original moveset to boot.
Indeed. If they DID have more similar moves then I would compare the whole thing to the Lucas and Ness predicament, but I don't think thats the case here. As much as I think Lucario would be bad-a** to be in Brawl, I would rather have Mewtwo stay than for Lucario to come and kick Mewtwo out.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Some more interesting info coming from Serebii. (Note: these quotes were taken from the n-europe forums)

Here is a rumored roster that was floating around:

Veterans.......

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

Here is whate Serebii had to say about it:
I can confirm to you that that is completely and utterly fake. While it may have characters that are in. It does have some which aren't and lacks many which are

As can be seen, the above list can provide an idea as to which characters are in Brawl, based off of his comment. However, there is more.

Providing my sources are accurate (everything they've told me has turned out true so far), there are characters that have not made the transition from Melee to Brawl, and not all of them were clones in Melee

Ness, Mewtwo, who else could there be?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Leaving clones from the considerations, the only ones I could see are Sheik and maybe Jigglypuff, with the former leaving due to OoT being so old now and the latter perhaps being replaced by another Pokèmon. (I would say Mr Game & Watch, but I think the icon theory is enough evidence we can count on his return.) Though he didn't exactly give a specific number of non-clones who are leaving, so maybe it would just be Ness and Mewtwo.

Edit: I must say, I like the fact that he says it has only "some" which aren't in but lacks "many" that are. Makes it sound like the roster is perhaps a bit bigger than that rumor, which would be fantastic.

Zevox

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Some more interesting info coming from Serebii. (Note: these quotes were taken from the n-europe forums)

Veterans.......

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

I can confirm to you that that is completely and utterly fake. While it may have characters that are in. It does have some which aren't and lacks many which are

As can be seen, the above list can provide an idea as to which characters are in Brawl, based off of his comment. However, there is more.

Providing my sources are accurate (everything they've told me has turned out true so far), there are characters that have not made the transition from Melee to Brawl, and not all of them were clones in Melee

AWSOME QUESTION.
AND I GOT AN AWSOME ANSWER.
:p.
Hmm let's think, Considering that sakurai might not be so "Signifigant" With the SF Series That could mean falco could leave the field; The fact that DK Has died down in popularity could mean K Rool goes bye, Not sure who else <_<.

If there are any i could say that might NOT Be on there;Michiah, Claus, err i don't have any other good newcomer ideas :laugh: Sukapon or Takamaru? The list highly lacks creative additions and that's sakurai's main thing so...

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
Leaving clones from the considerations, the only ones I could see are Sheik and maybe Jigglypuff, with the former leaving due to OoT being so old now and the latter perhaps being replaced by another Pokèmon. (I would say Mr Game & Watch, but I think the icon theory is enough evidence we can count on his return.) Though he didn't exactly give a specific number of non-clones who are leaving, so maybe it would just be Ness and Mewtwo.

Edit: I must say, I like the fact that he says it has only "some" which aren't in but lacks "many" that are. Makes it sound like the roster is perhaps a bit bigger than that rumor, which would be fantastic.

Zevox

So I'm guessing 45-50 characters is not much 2 ask den

o0o0 yea

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

There is a few problems with that.

We must remember that Starmen.net bets the living crap out of Serebii.net. When it comes to anything Mother, they're on it like white on rice. Serebii will never have the credentials they have. The other thing is it's hard to trust Serebii.net. It's credibility. It's similar to why people respect the mods; only difference is the Mods (especially Gimpyfish and SamuraiPanda) have done a lot more for their community. In reality, he is an ***. He's also known to steal info from other sites. The makings of a troll if you ask me. Let's not forget that he first said he can't reveal anything, and then said Mewtwo was gone and Lucario is out. Not to mention Starmen.net is so far the only people to be correct on anything, and all they said there would be a Mother update on week on the site (the Franklin Badge) so Serebii having anything is unlikely.

The other is he has yet to show us he knows anything. Starmen.net has proven to us that they do, in fact, know something. Predicting a Mother update isn't lucky guess especially when the majority of the updates don't have a icon. If Serebii does the same thing, then maybe I'll open my ear. The last thing is Lucario isn't as likely as people think. Mewtwo was on of the most suggested characters for Melee, but Lucario didn't even score a 2 on the poll (or a 1 IIRC).

I think Serebii is doing what Nysa did. You get thrusted(spelling?) into a position of greatness and then anyone will believe you. Serebii got info from Coro Coro and someone claimed that Serebii gave him info. Now, Serebii is credible and he can troll and people will believe him. A lot of his comments are things I could say and end up happening.

So far, I only trust Starmen.net. They have actually proven they know something. If Serebii does too, then I'll open my ears. But that hasn't happened yet so.......

MysticKenji

Smash Master

Veterans.......

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

Not only does this not tell us anything useful, but how do you know this is the real Serebii?

Also, M2->Luke rumor was smacked down in M2's thread.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Can we really expect 5 Fire Emblem characters? Just a thought
No, no we can't. And last I checked, no one was claiming we could. You didn't happen to merely glance over Chronobound's analyses and miss that not all of the characters he detailed in larger print were ones he expected to make the game, just ones he felt have a fair chance to do so, did you? Because he even said in his wrap-up of the FE characters he expected 3 to be what Fire Emblem gets.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My semester ends this week, so I will be able to give my full attention to this thread once I get out college, and by the time I get back to school, Brawl will be about a little over a week from its Japanese release. I will be done with this semester on Friday of this week, so that is when you can expect me to be more active with this thread.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
*sigh* I was expecting a character update, looks like I was wrong. It also seems Sakurai is not done yet with the Game Mode updates yet. I really want there to be a new character but it seems that Sakurai may be done unveiling characters.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I don't think hes done unveiling characters just yet. Even if hes only unveiling starters and third parties for hype purposes before the release, we should at least have Captain Falcon left, and maybe another third-party character too. We just may have to wait until January and the last couple of weeks before the release to get them... :(

Zevox

Top Bottom