• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Smash Direct coming up boys. While I don't think Shadow has a big chance of getting announced in this direct, we can still hope for the best for our edgy hedgehog.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised on how silent this thread has been lately. I guess we're all just patiently waiting for the direct tomorrow. I'm not too sure if they'd reveal Shadow just yet, but I think we should definitely keep our eyes open.

It's also worth mentioning that we should also look out for the possibility of Shadow returning as an AT. I know that's someone nobody here wants to hear (neither do I), but we should definitely be cautiously optimistic about it. Now I don't think it's likely we'll get two Sonic based AT, but I don't want to rule anything out.

Anyways, here's looking forward to the direct tomorrow. Let's hope we get some good info on Ultimate.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Well even know I dont think Shadow will be a fighter but if he gets in smash I'll never make fun of sonic modern games and I will be less critical.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, Chrom is an Echo of Roy, despite having Ike's Up-B.

If Shadow is in as an Echo, they could very well change him up just a little bit. Maybe give him Mewtwo's Up-B.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
We survived another AT massacre. Shadow lives another day. Also seeing Richter shows third party echoes are a thing.

(Inb4 Naked Snake)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With Richter as an echo, I totally could see Shadow getting in as an echo as well

SonicMario

Smash Master
Richter basically destroyed the two remaining doubts about Shadow (1. 3rd Parties getting Echoes 2. 3rd Party individual franchises getting more then one rep)

So now I kinda fully expect him. As long as he's in as an echo, it won't bother me as much. Again, would much, much rather have Tails. But Tails isn't as easy of an echo (Though it looks like at least for Chrom they can have moves from other fighters that aren't the character they echo? Certainly weird and does make Echoes a bit more complicated then we thought they'd be.)

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Shadow is like 1000% confirmed now, I swear. Survived the AT massacre, and third party echoes/mix-and-mash movesets (look at chrom) are possible.

I don't care what anyone else says, he's in.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Yeah, third party echoes are confirmed and Shadow has more merit to be a clone than Dark Samus does plus no AT showing. He is all but confirmed.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I read a leak that talked about what was going to happen at this direct. From what 2 characters were going to be announced to the main menu being shown off to stages ect. The one thing that was wrong was shadow being shown off as an echo. Of all things sadly.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Okay Shadow Fans Im wrong in the next direct I think Shadow will be reveal as echo fighter alongside with Isabelle. After seeing Simon echo no we know that third partie could get echo fighters.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I will have some disappointment if Shadow isn’t in now

Or any Sonic character for that matter tbh

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
When I seen Chrom as a Roy Echo but with Ike's moves, this made me very hopeful for both Shadow and Dixie Kong.

Shadow can be a Sonic Echo (with animations making echo's appear very distinct from their base characters) but borrowing a move or two from Mewtwo

Dixie can be a Diddy Echo but borrowing a move or two from DK (think his Up Special but Dixie using her helicopter hair). Also Diddy only used one attack with his tail in the past game which was removed in Ultimate, which tipped me off that Dixie could be being planned as a Diddy Echo.

For a while I was saying how Chrom, Dark Samus, Shadow, and Dixie would all make very good echos and many things work working out for them. With Chrom and Dark Samus in, it's only a matter of time before Shadow and Dixie make it in as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When I seen Chrom as a Roy Echo but with Ike's moves, this made me very hopeful for both Shadow and Dixie Kong.

Shadow can be a Sonic Echo (with animations making echo's appear very distinct from their base characters) but borrowing a move or two from Mewtwo

Dixie can be a Diddy Echo but borrowing a move or two from DK (think his Up Special but Dixie using her helicopter hair). Also Diddy only used one attack with his tail in the past game which was removed in Ultimate, which tipped me off that Dixie could be being planned as a Diddy Echo.

For a while I was saying how Chrom, Dark Samus, Shadow, and Dixie would all make very good echos and many things work working out for them. With Chrom and Dark Samus in, it's only a matter of time before Shadow and Dixie make it in as well.
The thing is, it's just literally taking an animation with a near identical model for Chrom to use a few of Ike's moves. So it's basically the same thing as an Echo. Chrom still has the same build as Ike and Roy overall. That's why it works.

Dixie using DK's Up B is a very different model and animation. The only similarity is the function. Shadow on the other hand could easily have a teleport animation that'd take no work. This doesn't mean anything for Dixie at this point. Dixie could still be an Echo, but that's already been known for a while.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
You know what? Screw it.

I’m definitely in on the Shadow support group, thanks to Ritcher, I think it’s clear that 3rd parties can be granted echos.

Anyone could’ve laughed at the idea back then, but I honestly believe he has a good chance since Knuckles (from what we’ve seen) seems to take over as the Sonic Assist Trophy. No lie, I legitimately want him.

Worst case scenario: He’s not in the base game at all and will be DLC post-release.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Please add me to the supporters list!

Shadow is a character who is looking more and more likely now. After today's Direct, there's no way he's not gonna be ignored than an Echo fighter now

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
Here's another update to the supporters

1. TCT~Phantom
  2. ThoughtfulWanderer
  3. smash puffle
  4. Wonks
  5. NIckynickReviews
  6. Travix Man
  7. SonicMario
  8. AustarusIV
  9. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  10. Sean Wheeler
  11. dangeraaron10
  12. majorasmaskfan
  13. slambros
  14. SmashChu
  15. Geoffrey Druyts
  16. Mogu
  17. ZTurtle
  18. GM_3826
  19. KMDP
  20. 7NATOR
  21. Camc10
  22. violetsmashfan
  23. 92MilesPrower
  24. DarkFoxTeam
  25. Tornado_Man
  26. hermes
  27. Mikegamer0608
  28. Chocolatgelato
  29. Sirfishe
  30. SHSL Jedi
  31. GoldenYuiitusin
  32. VexTheHex
  33. AreJay25
  34. putuk
  35. TerminatorLOL
  36. Pinkanator
  37. Klimax
  38. BluePikmin11
  39. Tikivoy
  40. UltraMadman
  41. Arthur97
  42. IanTheGamer
  43. StormC
  44. The Legendary Beast
  45. Takasmash
  46. TMNTSSB4
  47. SchAlternate
  48. Mikegamer0608
  49. Mastermiine
  50. P.Kat
  51. Erotic&Heretic
  52. Dixie Kong
  53. Houndstooth
  54. Troykv
  55. vVv Rapture
  56. SEGAGameBoy
  57. SuperNintendoKid
  58. ZagarTulip
  59. zeldasmash
  60. ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  61. Dragoncharystary
  62. JesseMcCloud
  63. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  64. FooltheFlames
  65. Arkaizer
  66. MainJPW
  67. smashingDoug
  68. Dee Dude
  69. CrusherMania1592

I'm getting hyped for Shadow's chances :grin:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
Here's another update to the supporters

1. TCT~Phantom
  2. ThoughtfulWanderer
  3. smash puffle
  4. Wonks
  5. NIckynickReviews
  6. Travix Man
  7. SonicMario
  8. AustarusIV
  9. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  10. Sean Wheeler
  11. dangeraaron10
  12. majorasmaskfan
  13. slambros
  14. SmashChu
  15. Geoffrey Druyts
  16. Mogu
  17. ZTurtle
  18. GM_3826
  19. KMDP
  20. 7NATOR
  21. Camc10
  22. violetsmashfan
  23. 92MilesPrower
  24. DarkFoxTeam
  25. Tornado_Man
  26. hermes
  27. Mikegamer0608
  28. Chocolatgelato
  29. Sirfishe
  30. SHSL Jedi
  31. GoldenYuiitusin
  32. VexTheHex
  33. AreJay25
  34. putuk
  35. TerminatorLOL
  36. Pinkanator
  37. Klimax
  38. BluePikmin11
  39. Tikivoy
  40. UltraMadman
  41. Arthur97
  42. IanTheGamer
  43. StormC
  44. The Legendary Beast
  45. Takasmash
  46. TMNTSSB4
  47. SchAlternate
  48. Mikegamer0608
  49. Mastermiine
  50. P.Kat
  51. Erotic&Heretic
  52. Dixie Kong
  53. Houndstooth
  54. Troykv
  55. vVv Rapture
  56. SEGAGameBoy
  57. SuperNintendoKid
  58. ZagarTulip
  59. zeldasmash
  60. ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  61. Dragoncharystary
  62. JesseMcCloud
  63. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  64. FooltheFlames
  65. Arkaizer
  66. MainJPW
  67. smashingDoug
  68. Dee Dude
  69. CrusherMania1592

I'm getting hyped for Shadow's chances :grin:
I am so hopeful! I really wish he was announced so I don't have to wait till the next direct to possibly find out! I hope it's sooner than later.

TamaskaLEM

Smash Rookie
I've wanted him in since I saw Knuckles as an assist trophy and like others before me, this direct made me a true believer. I mean, wow. Three characters announced today are echo fighters and one of them is from a third party.

Yeah... I truly support Shadow being playable in Smash. I'd be more surprised if he wasn't.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What I'm having trouble thinking of is which of his main themes to play when he appears; All Hail Shadow(regular or remix) or I Am (All of Me)(regular, Black Doom version, or instrumental version. They're all good).

I also want to see him have a fairly dark trailer too. Like him kicking amounts of ass like the intro of his own game. Not necessarily the same moves(if he's an Echo and all), of course. Also, 3rd party echoes clearly have main trailers, so he'd get one anyway.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I'm more expecting a remix of Radical Highway for his appearance. Maybe even a For True Story remix.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Good luck to you Shadow fans. Simon and Richter show that 3rd party echoes are possible and Chrom proves that you can mix and match existing movesets with others. Things should start looking up for your ultimate life form.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Good luck to you Shadow fans. Simon and Richter show that 3rd party echoes are possible and Chrom proves that you can mix and match existing movesets with others. Things should start looking up for your ultimate life form.
I can't wait for the possibilities for Shadow!

jaco!

Smash Rookie
After the announcement of Richter today, I will actually be upset if Shadow doesn't make the cut. But, I am also quite confident that he will!... So much excitement!!!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
So the Sonic subreddit noticed that the series has 20 songs in Ultimate. Let's hope some of them are songs related to Shadow like the ones we posted earlier in the thread. Now I'm really hoping Shadow makes it now!
nxynUCfhVAAsFdY692pQzKSMCq9db5Gex7v9N0CcDtE.png

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Count me in as a supporter of the Ultimate Lifeform. I 100% believe Shadow is gonna be in the base game.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
So the Sonic subreddit noticed that the series has 20 songs in Ultimate. Let's hope some of them are songs related to Shadow like the ones we posted earlier in the thread. Now I'm really hoping Shadow makes it now! View attachment 156499
I hope so! Maybe other characters are teased also along with shadow!

Tails, Eggman, and Silver are my top three for a third rep.

Hell, I would be happy with Sonic, Shadow, Taiils, Silver and Eggman as a stage Boss!

Everyone on here, if Shadow gets announced who would you want to be a third rep for the series? Or would you want a 3rd rep?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Shadow would be super fun as an Echo, and unless Sega is being stingy or Sakurai just spontaneously forgot Shadow existed, I think he's extremely likely.

I support him. I don't want to jinx it, but I'd be more surprised to see him not make it in at this point.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm actually expecting Shadow now. Dark Samus showed they're willing to alter animations even if the function is the same, and Chrom showed they can take from more than one fighter.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Shadow's in. Like holy moley he is so obviously and definitely in. There's absolutely no chance in this timeline that he isn't in.

Count me as a supporter, even though it feels like cheating with how completely and utterly confirmed he is. :p

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I hope so! Maybe other characters are teased also along with shadow!

Tails, Eggman, and Silver are my top three for a third rep.

Hell, I would be happy with Sonic, Shadow, Taiils, Silver and Eggman as a stage Boss!

Everyone on here, if Shadow gets announced who would you want to be a third rep for the series? Or would you want a 3rd rep?
After seeing that one villains shot before the K. Rool trailer, I want Eggman even more now. This game would seriously blow my mind with how many villains it would have if he was added. However, I do like the idea of Tails being added too since he is Sonic's best friend. Plus, it'd bring the Melee rumor full circle!

Top Bottom