• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

SonicMario

Smash Master
So uh... 7NATOR 7NATOR

Regarding your bet on Shadow being unique. Now that echo fighters have been shown that they don't necessarily have to have the same special moves (Thus your big complaint of two spindashes and a spring might not be as big of a thing). Are you still adamant on the bet of Shadow getting in as fully unique/semi-clone character? Or would Shadow being classified as an Echo fighter even if he has say... Mewtwo's teleport for an up special instead of the spring would still mean you have to drink your cups of Mustard water?

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Since Tails seems very unlikely, I am definitely rooting for Shadow to get in as a Sonic echo. I think there's a really good chance of it, too. He and Ms. Pac-Man are my two most wanted echoes.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So uh... 7NATOR 7NATOR

Regarding your bet on Shadow being unique. Now that echo fighters have been shown that they don't necessarily have to have the same special moves (Thus your big complaint of two spindashes and a spring might not be as big of a thing). Are you still adamant on the bet of Shadow getting in as fully unique/semi-clone character? Or would Shadow being classified as an Echo fighter even if he has say... Mewtwo's teleport for an up special instead of the spring would still mean you have to drink your cups of Mustard water?
I Still think Shadow is gonna be a unique character or semi clone to be honest.

yes if Shadow is classified as echo even with Mewtwo up b I still have to drink the mustard water

anyway i do think that Shadow is gonna get in as his own character. I know Ricther kinda made 3rd party echoes a thing, but i think Ricther's situation is very Special and is very different from other Potential 3rd party echoes

Simon's moveset has alot of moves from Ricther, since Simon is like a composite character. I think because Simon takes a whole lot from Ricther, to the point that Sakurai even question "Who's echoing who" that i think Ricther is a case of his own.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I Still think Shadow is gonna be a unique character or semi clone to be honest.

yes if Shadow is classified as echo even with Mewtwo up b I still have to drink the mustard water

anyway i do think that Shadow is gonna get in as his own character. I know Ricther kinda made 3rd party echoes a thing, but i think Ricther's situation is very Special and is very different from other Potential 3rd party echoes

Simon's moveset has alot of moves from Ricther, since Simon is like a composite character. I think because Simon takes a whole lot from Ricther, to the point that Sakurai even question "Who's echoing who" that i think Ricther is a case of his own.
I think he’ll probably be an echo with some unique animations and possibly a different up B. Anything beyond that just doesn’t seem realistic. As much as I love Shadow and know what he’s capable of we’ve gotta take what we can get.
The only reason I think he’s even playable in this game is because of Echoes. My speculation for how the conversation to add him is as follows Sakurai: “oh hey this guy has a lot of requests, and has the exact same build as Sonic... ahh **** it let’s make him an echo. He’s been an assist for two games anyway let’s make some Sonic fans happy”.
I’d love to see a Sonic CG Smash trailer. Maybe they decided to go above and beyond by adding Eggman as a new character AND Shadow as an echo. LET ME DREAM DAMN IT!!

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
Add me to the list, Shadow has always been my favorite sonic character since I was like 10, edge and all. Now that he seems so likely, I can't help but feel Shadow is my most wanted character for Ultimate.

According to the music list, Sonic series in this game has 20 tracks. 14 are in Smash4, so using math, there should be 6 new ones. Shadow themed music:

Radical Highway
White Jungle
I am (All of Me)
All Hail Shadow (probably the Sonic 06 version)
Circus Park (search it up its good)
Biolizard Fight
Sonic vs Shadow fight (Second time)
Final Chase

What do you all think?

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I thought about a sonic stage. What if just like the Castlevania there was a sonic stage with random boss battles.

Boss could be:
Chaos
Dr. Eggman
Infinite
Metal Sonic
Mephiles
The deadly Six

Thoughts?

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Add me to the list, Shadow has always been my favorite sonic character since I was like 10, edge and all. Now that he seems so likely, I can't help but feel Shadow is my most wanted character for Ultimate.

According to the music list, Sonic series in this game has 20 tracks. 14 are in Smash4, so using math, there should be 6 new ones. Shadow themed music:

Radical Highway
White Jungle
I am (All of Me)
All Hail Shadow (probably the Sonic 06 version)
Circus Park (search it up its good)
Biolizard Fight
Sonic vs Shadow fight (Second time)
Final Chase

What do you all think?
Oh dude, I’m all the way on board for all of those tracks. My hope is we get at least 1 mania song, and though your list is lovely, we all know Fist Bump is one of those 6 tracks .

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
That direct all but confirmed Shadow's in the game regardless if he's in the base game or DLC!

He's definitely in!

Xenorange

Smash Lord
That direct all but confirmed Shadow's in the game regardless if he's in the base game or DLC!

He's definitely in!
I hope he’s DLC, that way we could potentially get a unique fleshed out character. If he’s in the base he’s almost definitely an echo. I’d put money on him being in. They even made a point of showing Ashley a VERY highly requested character as an assist, which they neglected to do with Shadow. I bet he’s in there, and I’m hyped.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly, it is like the direct was made for Shadow.

1. Third party echoes will not be a thing.
-Hi Richter

2. Shadow should have different animations as echoes must be the same as the original.
-Hi Dark Samus

3. Echo fighters must have all the same moves as the original and two spin-dashes and a spring would not represent Shadow well.
-Hi Chrom

And of course, no AT showing yet. Now no character is a guarantee, but I think Shadow has some pretty high chances and I would be surprised if he isn't in the game.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While I will say that Tails should have higher priority, Dark Samus's playable inclusion could mean something for Shadow. However, I don't see Shadow being an Echo Fighter, but more of a semi-clone who copies some of Sonic's attacks, but also references a couple other fighters.

For one example, Shadow's d-tilt would have him sliding forward, similar to Cloud's d-tilt.

For the specials, I was thinking the following...

neutral - Chaos Spear: Shadow charges up an energy spear, and fires it at his target. When fully charged, the spear will split into multiple spears, and home in on the closest opponent. On a side note, Shadow can hold the charge.

side - Spin Dash: Shadow curls up into a ball and dashes forward. Unlike Sonic's Spin Dash, Shadow does not jump, and the attack hits repeatedly. Shadow also receives damage-based heavy armor during the attack, making him impervious to flinching against attacks that do not deal more than 8% damage.

up - Chaos Control: Shadow uses a Chaos Emerald to teleport to another area. The move does not leave Shadow helpless, but it does prevent him from using any special moves until he touches ground. Also, Shadow can draw in nearby fighters with this move, causing them to teleport alongside him (sort of like a grab move). But upon reappearing, the fighters will take some damage, and be sent flying.

down - Chaos Blast: Shadow creates an explosion around him that deals damage to nearby opponents. The attack can be charged, which increases the blast radius, along with how frequently the explosion will hit its targets. The full charge explosion deals up to 16 hits, and deals a grand total of 20% damage; the final hit deals the most knockback.

As for the Final Smash...

Super Shadow: Shadow changes into his super form, and dashes forward. If he hits anyone, they'll be brought over to the highest point of a stage, and Shadow will start dashing around the fighters that he hit to build up their damage. Shadow will then finish up with a powered up karate chop that sends fighters back down to the ground, and upon touching ground, he'll generate an explosion that sends all affected fighters flying with high amounts of knockback taken. This Final Smash operates in a similar manner as Ike's Great Aether and Cloud's Omnislash.

kylexv

Smash Master
With Richter's inclusion as an echo of Simon, Shadow's chances just shot up.

And that's good.

I support.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to give my support to the Ultimate Life For Smash Ultimate. It just fits for his chance to happen.

After Dark Samus and of course Dark Pit, what better than Shadow at this point?

He could have a chance if he does not have an AT on the game.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Only two third part Assist Trophies in the history of Smash that have not been confirmed to be in this game are Elec Man and Shadow. If Elec Man gets confirmed sometime soon and we still don't get anything on Shadow, that will almost seal it imo.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
You have my full support! Shadow would be great as an Echo Fighter and while I do agree that he would make more sense as an original character, him having many characteristics that would make him a very different and fun character, he as an echo fighter doesn't bother me at all. Here are hopes for Shadow coming in and also Dr. Eggman.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah I'm starting to think he might be playable, although I'm not a big fan of if.

He'll probably get Mewtwo's up special I reckon and a few animation tweaks to make him feel more edgy like Dark Samus.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I thought about a sonic stage. What if just like the Castlevania there was a sonic stage with random boss battles.

Boss could be:
Chaos
Dr. Eggman
Infinite
Metal Sonic
Mephiles
The deadly Six

Thoughts?
While I'm not a fan of Stage Bosses, Eggman and Perfect Chaos could make for some great boss fights.

What I'm having trouble thinking of is which of his main themes to play when he appears; All Hail Shadow(regular or remix) or I Am (All of Me)(regular, Black Doom version, or instrumental version. They're all good).

I also want to see him have a fairly dark trailer too. Like him kicking amounts of *** like the intro of his own game. Not necessarily the same moves(if he's an Echo and all), of course. Also, 3rd party echoes clearly have main trailers, so he'd get one anyway.
I still believe that Radical Highway theme represents him best, it just feels more nostalgic (its also the song my Shadow 3DS theme plays). Though, All Hail Shadow is a very fitting victory song that I will be rocking out to when I see him.

As for making his intro like his own game. I'm Imaging seeing Shadow standing on a cliff, walking into frame with a full moon at his back. cocking a Super Scope :laugh:

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I hope he’s DLC, that way we could potentially get a unique fleshed out character. If he’s in the base he’s almost definitely an echo. I’d put money on him being in. They even made a point of showing Ashley a VERY highly requested character as an assist, which they neglected to do with Shadow. I bet he’s in there, and I’m hyped.
He won't be DLC, Richter more or less confirms that Shadow's 100% in the base game!

KMDP

Smash Legend
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
Here's another update to the supporters

1. TCT~Phantom
  2. ThoughtfulWanderer
  3. smash puffle
  4. Wonks
  5. NIckynickReviews
  6. Travix Man
  7. SonicMario
  8. AustarusIV
  9. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  10. Sean Wheeler
  11. dangeraaron10
  12. majorasmaskfan
  13. slambros
  14. SmashChu
  15. Geoffrey Druyts
  16. Mogu
  17. ZTurtle
  18. GM_3826
  19. KMDP
  20. 7NATOR
  21. Camc10
  22. violetsmashfan
  23. 92MilesPrower
  24. DarkFoxTeam
  25. Tornado_Man
  26. hermes
  27. Mikegamer0608
  28. Chocolatgelato
  29. Sirfishe
  30. SHSL Jedi
  31. GoldenYuiitusin
  32. VexTheHex
  33. AreJay25
  34. putuk
  35. TerminatorLOL
  36. Pinkanator
  37. Klimax
  38. BluePikmin11
  39. Tikivoy
  40. UltraMadman
  41. Arthur97
  42. IanTheGamer
  43. StormC
  44. The Legendary Beast
  45. Takasmash
  46. TMNTSSB4
  47. SchAlternate
  48. Mikegamer0608
  49. Mastermiine
  50. P.Kat
  51. Erotic&Heretic
  52. Dixie Kong
  53. Houndstooth
  54. Troykv
  55. vVv Rapture
  56. SEGAGameBoy
  57. SuperNintendoKid
  58. ZagarTulip
  59. zeldasmash
  60. ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  61. Dragoncharystary
  62. JesseMcCloud
  63. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  64. FooltheFlames
  65. Arkaizer
  66. MainJPW
  67. smashingDoug
  68. Dee Dude
  69. CrusherMania1592

I'm getting hyped for Shadow's chances :grin:
Thanks, Terminator! I just so happen to be doing another job. You saved me some work. There are more supporters even since then.
  1. TCT~Phantom
  2. ThoughtfulWanderer
  3. smash puffle
  4. Wonks
  5. NIckynickReviews
  6. Travix Man
  7. SonicMario
  8. AustarusIV
  9. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  10. Sean Wheeler
  11. dangeraaron10
  12. majorasmaskfan
  13. slambros
  14. SmashChu
  15. Geoffrey Druyts
  16. Mogu
  17. ZTurtle
  18. GM_3826
  19. KMDP
  20. 7NATOR
  21. Camc10
  22. violetsmashfan
  23. 92MilesPrower
  24. DarkFoxTeam
  25. Tornado_Man
  26. hermes
  27. Mikegamer0608
  28. Chocolatgelato
  29. Sirfishe
  30. SHSL Jedi
  31. GoldenYuiitusin
  32. VexTheHex
  33. AreJay25
  34. putuk
  35. TerminatorLOL
  36. Pinkanator
  37. Klimax
  38. BluePikmin11
  39. Tikivoy
  40. UltraMadman
  41. Arthur97
  42. IanTheGamer
  43. StormC
  44. The Legendary Beast
  45. Takasmash
  46. TMNTSSB4
  47. SchAlternate
  48. Mikegamer0608
  49. Mastermiine
  50. P.Kat
  51. Erotic&Heretic
  52. Dixie Kong
  53. Houndstooth
  54. Troykv
  55. vVv Rapture
  56. SEGAGameBoy
  57. SuperNintendoKid
  58. ZagarTulip
  59. zeldasmash
  60. ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  61. Dragoncharystary
  62. JesseMcCloud
  64. FooltheFlames
  65. Arkaizer
  66. MainJPW
  67. smashingDoug
  68. Dee Dude
  69. CrusherMania1592
  70. Sølid
  71. ShortcutButton
  72. kylexv
  73. Giga Kaiju
  74. TheFVGuy
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

About the Direct, funny how two new Echoes completely changed things.

Richter proved Third Parties can have Echoes, Chrom proved Echoes can have different attacks.

I've done a complete 180 on my opinion of Echo!Shadow since Wednesday. :laugh:

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Shadow makes it in the base game as an echo, I'll still cling to hope Tails makes it in too as DLC. This game has been going on heavy on the 3rd parties more then we could ever imagine. So I no longer think it's too out of the question.

Though even if Tails never happens I guess I could grow to be fine with Shadow since at least it sort of counts as Adventure 2, my favorite Sonic game, getting representation besides just Live & Learn and Escape From The City. I hope the Sega Ages thing being done (Speaking of which they have Sonic 1 coming to the Switch this month) gets to Dreamcast games soon so maybe Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 can get ports to the Switch.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not a fan of Stage Bosses, Eggman and Perfect Chaos could make for some great boss fights.
Yeah, it could be fun to have random Sonic boss fights. Plus if Eggman is a Boss in this game this could increase his chances to be in the next game. Plus this could add Metal Sonic into this mode for everyone who has also been clamoring for him.

With Shadow and Tails being that top two requested characters if the both get added in (Making Sonic have 3 reps) would anoy some people. It would be cool to break the fan rules that in my opinion are BS but we need to take baby steps.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still believe that Radical Highway theme represents him best, it just feels more nostalgic (its also the song my Shadow 3DS theme plays). Though, All Hail Shadow is a very fitting victory song that I will be rocking out to when I see him.

As for making his intro like his own game. I'm Imaging seeing Shadow standing on a cliff, walking into frame with a full moon at his back. cocking a Super Scope :laugh:
It wouldn't really do anything useful for a Trailer in itself. It's not his big signature song people look for. It needs to be one of his songs for the game(whether he gets a new stage or not, who knows. Radical Highway and Westopolis are the best options he has due to recognizability). All Hail Shadow and I Am (All Of Me) are his big ones, to the point they both have full out OST releases. Radical Highway is cool, but don't actually represent Shadow's characterization at all. Songs without lyrics rarely can do this, especially considering signature songs have lyrics in the Dreamcast saga. The only song from Adventure 2 that is close to a signature one is oddly enough none of the stage songs, but his main theme, Throw It All Away(eep, the edge in that song. Yeish), and that doesn't represent what Shadow is anymore. He's an anti-hero. Even Sonic's trailer theme was a lyrical one. And for good reasons. It sets the stage for awesomeness. Radical Highway is instrumental, and again, while good, doesn't really show off his outright characterization.

His theme should match his characterization first, and people remember Shadow now because of his edge(though honestly, there are people who only remember his due to his guns... which while they are notable to his character now, aren't his most iconic abilities. And don't have to be in. Referenced as you noted with the super scope, but hardly a necessity. I'd love them in myself, but they were not all that liked compared to his Chaos moves). The most important part to the trailer itself is how to handle it. All Hail Shadow might not work if Shadow is basically being violent in general. It's his Hero theme. So unless he's killing a villain/antagonist, it would clash a bit. I Am (All Of Me) might work better. The choreography is also an issue. It has to all fit together. Though him killing, say, Bowser Jr., getting the splash screen, then the music starts up works too. I Am (All Of Me) might work better due to the slower start of the song. All Hail Shadow might only work for a trailer with the remix. That small intro makes all the difference.

If you're wondering why the choreography matters to me, I'm a huge fan of presentation and have watched stuff like Power Rangers. Timing is everything. When stuff like the Ultrazord appears, for instance, it works because the music ties into it perfectly. Whether it's a strong riff that tells you stuff is about to happen, or exactly how Titanus rolls in while the music is playing. Even the bad Disney reimagining got this right, which Titanus' name showing up with lightning sound effects without drowning out the music. This matters a lot. I probably care too much about it, but these are cinematic trailers, so obviously they want them to get the most hype.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
You have my full support! Shadow would be great as an Echo Fighter and while I do agree that he would make more sense as an original character, him having many characteristics that would make him a very different and fun character, he as an echo fighter doesn't bother me at all. Here are hopes for Shadow coming in and also Dr. Eggman.
The good news is if he is an Echo in this game if they decide to move forward and make the next game not a reboot he could be decloned in the next game.

Thanks, Terminator! I just so happen to be doing another job. You saved me some work. There are more supporters even since then.
  1. TCT~Phantom
  2. ThoughtfulWanderer
  3. smash puffle
  4. Wonks
  5. NIckynickReviews
  6. Travix Man
  7. SonicMario
  8. AustarusIV
  9. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  10. Sean Wheeler
  11. dangeraaron10
  12. majorasmaskfan
  13. slambros
  14. SmashChu
  15. Geoffrey Druyts
  16. Mogu
  17. ZTurtle
  18. GM_3826
  19. KMDP
  20. 7NATOR
  21. Camc10
  22. violetsmashfan
  23. 92MilesPrower
  24. DarkFoxTeam
  25. Tornado_Man
  26. hermes
  27. Mikegamer0608
  28. Chocolatgelato
  29. Sirfishe
  30. SHSL Jedi
  31. GoldenYuiitusin
  32. VexTheHex
  33. AreJay25
  34. putuk
  35. TerminatorLOL
  36. Pinkanator
  37. Klimax
  38. BluePikmin11
  39. Tikivoy
  40. UltraMadman
  41. Arthur97
  42. IanTheGamer
  43. StormC
  44. The Legendary Beast
  45. Takasmash
  46. TMNTSSB4
  47. SchAlternate
  48. Mikegamer0608
  49. Mastermiine
  50. P.Kat
  51. Erotic&Heretic
  52. Dixie Kong
  53. Houndstooth
  54. Troykv
  55. vVv Rapture
  56. SEGAGameBoy
  57. SuperNintendoKid
  58. ZagarTulip
  59. zeldasmash
  60. ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  61. Dragoncharystary
  62. JesseMcCloud
  64. FooltheFlames
  65. Arkaizer
  66. MainJPW
  67. smashingDoug
  68. Dee Dude
  69. CrusherMania1592
  70. Sølid
  71. ShortcutButton
  72. kylexv
  73. Giga Kaiju
  74. TheFVGuy
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

About the Direct, funny how two new Echoes completely changed things.

Richter proved Third Parties can have Echoes, Chrom proved Echoes can have different attacks.

I've done a complete 180 on my opinion of Echo!Shadow since Wednesday. :laugh:
Wow, so many supporters now! So cool to see him getting so much love now!

If Shadow makes it in the base game as an echo, I'll still cling to hope Tails makes it in too as DLC. This game has been going on heavy on the 3rd parties more then we could ever imagine. So I no longer think it's too out of the question.

Though even if Tails never happens I guess I could grow to be fine with Shadow since at least it sort of counts as Adventure 2, my favorite Sonic game, getting representation besides just Live & Learn and Escape From The City. I hope the Sega Ages thing being done (Speaking of which they have Sonic 1 coming to the Switch this month) gets to Dreamcast games soon so maybe Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 can get ports to the Switch.
One can stay optimistic buddy! Though it may create some disgruntled fans of smash about a 3rd party having 3 reps.

SonicMario

Smash Master
One can stay optimistic buddy! Though it may create some disgruntled fans of smash about a 3rd party having 3 reps.
I suppose we're not at the point of one 3rd Party franchise having 3 reps. But this game already has so much 3rd party, all Nintendo purists that care about that are probably already turned off of this game. Konami has 3 with Snake, Simon, and Richter. Konami has 1/3rd of the 3rd party characters thus far.

Before all this we thought Konami was too much of a jerk company to allow all this. They may very well go wild with 3rd Parties and fan favorite Nintendo characters at this rate both in Base game and DLC.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I suppose we're not at the point of one 3rd Party franchise having 3 reps. But this game already has so much 3rd party, all Nintendo purists that care about that are probably already turned off of this game. Konami has 3 with Snake, Simon, and Richter. Konami has 1/3rd of the 3rd party characters thus far.

Before all this we thought Konami was too much of a jerk company to allow all this. They may very well go wild with 3rd Parties and fan favorite Nintendo characters at this rate both in Base game and DLC.
If any 3P franchise deserves 3 reps, it's Sonic.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman

I thing it has to deal with the fan rules. A 3rd party can only have 1 rep and 1 echo.

A company can only have 2 reps and one echo. All this needs to do is be broken and then another fan rule could be made.

So we need to take baby steps.

Also, it may not be always the Nintendo purist it could be just anti-sonic at this point as sonic is a mixed bag right now.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I really hope that if Shadow gets in, we also get an SA2 stage to go with him since neither Windy Hill nor Green Hill have any relation to Shadow at all. I'm torn between Radical Highway and The Space Colony Ark, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that if Shadow gets in, we also get an SA2 stage to go with him since neither Windy Hill nor Green Hill have any relation to Shadow at all. I'm torn between Radical Highway and The Space Colony Ark, what do you guys think?
A Space Colony ARK stage set on a big platform like Final Rush/Chase with a view of both the Earth along with the upside-down buildings would look absolutely stunning with the Switch's graphics, but I really doubt it. Radical Highway definitely seems more likely though, since it was Shadow's first stage, plus the song is just memorable. I'm fine with either, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thing it has to deal with the fan rules. A 3rd party can only have 1 rep and 1 echo.

A company can only have 2 reps and one echo. All this needs to do is be broken and then another fan rule could be made.

So we need to take baby steps.

Also, it may not be always the Nintendo purist it could be just anti-sonic at this point as sonic is a mixed bag right now.
Right now, we see that 3rd parties can get an Echo. It doesn't necessarily mean he'll give them a more unique character.

But really, despite being the same franchise, they're still characters with gaming history. The "special guest" thing don't entirely change this. We do know Sakurai does care about "overrepresentation of a series" too, but it doesn't mean he's going to always apply it.

The thing about the fan-rule is they took what appeared to be a simple guideline and ignored the fact it wasn't even one. Now, them being special guests makes sense why we didn't see a 3rd party series with two characters. Of course, one thing to note about the Simon/Richter thing is Simon's moveset is a combination of both. So it may just be a unique exception since both movesets are there. For all we know, we might still be stuck with Sonic.

We just know for a fact that the whole "only one 3rd party per franchise" was always BS. But let's not confuse a fan-rule with something that's a guarantee. I think Shadow will happen, not because some rule was broken, but more because he's a severely popular character, and that's a big theme of this game. It's not like the fan-rule was ever a legitimate thing, just a pattern instead.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Right now, we see that 3rd parties can get an Echo. It doesn't necessarily mean he'll give them a more unique character.

But really, despite being the same franchise, they're still characters with gaming history. The "special guest" thing don't entirely change this. We do know Sakurai does care about "overrepresentation of a series" too, but it doesn't mean he's going to always apply it.

The thing about the fan-rule is they took what appeared to be a simple guideline and ignored the fact it wasn't even one. Now, them being special guests makes sense why we didn't see a 3rd party series with two characters. Of course, one thing to note about the Simon/Richter thing is Simon's moveset is a combination of both. So it may just be a unique exception since both movesets are there. For all we know, we might still be stuck with Sonic.

We just know for a fact that the whole "only one 3rd party per franchise" was always BS. But let's not confuse a fan-rule with something that's a guarantee. I think Shadow will happen, not because some rule was broken, but more because he's a severely popular character, and that's a big theme of this game. It's not like the fan-rule was ever a legitimate thing, just a pattern instead.
Yeah, I always disagree with that fan rule and I am glad it was broken a few days ago. Now Shadow who I have always wanted seems even more of a possibility.

Having Tails, Eggman, and even Silver as a 3rd sonic rep seems out of the possibility to me even though I really want those three along with Sonic and Shadow. Sonic is unfortunately a 3rd party so that seems like a big no to the fan community even if Sonic/Shadow Echo, Shadow non echo, Tails, Eggman, and Silver each can add their own unique moveset vs Marth/Lucina, Roy/chrom, and Ike, and Corin But I am not here to insult FE and the fanbase.

So I guess its honestly up to Sakuria and I dont know if there is a big request for more sonic characters for him to add them in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I always disagree with that fan rule and I am glad it was broken a few days ago. Now Shadow who I have always wanted seems even more of a possibility.

Having Tails, Eggman, and even Silver as a 3rd sonic rep seems out of the possibility to me even though I really want those three along with Sonic and Shadow. Sonic is unfortunately a 3rd party so that seems like a big no to the fan community even if Sonic/Shadow Echo, Shadow non echo, Tails, Eggman, and Silver each can add their own unique moveset vs Marth/Lucina, Roy/chrom, and Ike, and Corin But I am not here to insult FE and the fanbase.

So I guess its honestly up to Sakuria and I dont know if there is a big request for more sonic characters for him to add them in.
I could see 3 at most myself. Shadow is very likely, but beyond that, it's hard to say. Tails and Eggman both have strong chances. Tails being basically another Wolf(that is, basically unique but almost like a semi-clone due to using a character as a base for their moveset), and Eggman can clearly take moves from Bowser Jr. too.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think Eggman's more boss material myself, especially now that we seem to be getting a good amount of bosses including 3rd parties already with Rathalos and Dracula.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I could see 3 at most myself. Shadow is very likely, but beyond that, it's hard to say. Tails and Eggman both have strong chances. Tails being basically another Wolf(that is, basically unique but almost like a semi-clone due to using a character as a base for their moveset), and Eggman can clearly take moves from Bowser Jr. too.
I think Eggman's more boss material myself, especially now that we seem to be getting a good amount of bosses including 3rd parties already with Rathalos and Dracula.
Yeah, that's that I have been saying. I actually want a sonic stage with random stage bosses. Eggman, Chaos, Deadly 6, Time Eater, ect. That would give eggman some cool representation with out over crowding the sonic representation.

As for after Shadow gets in Tails would be a great choice. [Even though I would miss my boi Silver]

Hell, they could even give tails his mech form SA2 and make Eggman a tails echo.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hell, they could even give tails his mech form SA2 and make Eggman a tails echo.
Ehhhhh... I don't mind the Mech shooting from SA2 as much as some people might. But I'd much rather Tails actually be running around just like Sonic. I love SA2, but character wise it only needs Shadow if it must get a representative. Not Tails in a mech even if it's an excuse to bring in Eggman in too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, that's that I have been saying. I actually want a sonic stage with random stage bosses. Eggman, Chaos, Deadly 6, Time Eater, ect. That would give eggman some cool representation with out over crowding the sonic representation.

As for after Shadow gets in Tails would be a great choice. [Even though I would miss my boi Silver]

I highly doubt we could get 4 Sonic characters. Even with the Richter thing, that'd be pushing it. Besides, Tails is not popular for his Mech gameplay. But for his flying and such. Sakurai would go with that.

I think it's safe to say Silver's pointless hatred(like Tingle) is pretty much going to keep him in an NPC role for a long long time. I think it's unjustified entirely, as it's more 06's story that did it(and I enjoy 06 myself, but the story was ass. It barely made sense).

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think I saw 20 Sonic tracks when they were going through Music? How many did Smash 4 have?

My opinion on Shadow being in has shot up drastically. He can definitely be unique, but seeing as they're willing to alter animations a decent bit to fit a character more like Dark Samus, him being in with some altered Sonic moves to fit his character more sounds very plausible.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Ehhhhh... I don't mind the Mech shooting from SA2 as much as some people might. But I'd much rather Tails actually be running around just like Sonic. I love SA2, but character wise it only needs Shadow if it must get a representative. Not Tails in a mech even if it's an excuse to bring in Eggman in too.
Tails being out of the Mech is much better, but it was just an idea I had for the potential to add Eggman in the game as a Tails echo as Tails and Eggman are highly requested. I guess its just the reality that we most likely will only see only one other rep in the game and that will be shadow. It makes me sad but that may be the reality

I highly doubt we could get 4 Sonic characters. Even with the Richter thing, that'd be pushing it. Besides, Tails is not popular for his Mech gameplay. But for his flying and such. Sakurai would go with that.

I think it's safe to say Silver's pointless hatred(like Tingle) is pretty much going to keep him in an NPC role for a long long time. I think it's unjustified entirely, as it's more 06's story that did it(and I enjoy 06 myself, but the story was ***. It barely made sense).
Yeah, Tails would be out of the mech and it would be fun to play as him flying around. If tails gets in that is how he will play.

As for silver, yeah sonic 06 really killed him. I wonder how silver would be like if sonic 06 was actually good. Unless they make a Silver the hedgehog game and add him as DLC or for what ever reason Sakurai does want to add the trio. Silver has 1% chance of being playable. One can dream though.

I think I saw 20 Sonic tracks when they were going through Music? How many did Smash 4 have?

My opinion on Shadow being in has shot up drastically. He can definitely be unique, but seeing as they're willing to alter animations a decent bit to fit a character more like Dark Samus, him being in with some altered Sonic moves to fit his character more sounds very plausible.
Yeah, Shadow is looking more and more like a possibility. Its only a matter of time before we find out if he's in or not.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Digging around on smashwiki, Sonic had 14 songs total in smash 4. So we have 6 new tracks, though I think it's safe to say one of them is probably Fist Bump. They might also bring back a couple songs from Brawl, like Sonic Boom.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I was a little iffy about Shadow's chances at first, but now I'm pretty certain he's in. Like many others have probably said, Echo Fighter feature, Knuckles Assist, and no appearance in the Direct make him all but confirmed at this point. I have a feeling he got a lot of votes on the Smash Ballot as well, he's had a fanbase similar to Geno's since Brawl.

Chaos Control replaces Spring Jump, running animation is changed to skating.. Yeah this is definitely happening. With that being said, please add me to the support list.

BTW, why only Sonic music in the OP? I haven't played many 3D Sonic games, but doesn't Shadow have multiple theme songs for his character ?

Top Bottom