• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Brawl Character Select Screen - No more Nominations. VOICE YOUR OPINIONS

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
bowser jr. with the paintbrush is the only way i want to see him in brawl

probably sonic and megaman will make an appearance, he said 2 more 3rd party characters at most, those are the only other two i can think of him adding

i saw somewhere that it was confirmed that y.link, ICs, and g&w are gone (honostly could care less about y. link and g&w but ICs...come on) and that ridley and WW link are in, he doesn't want more than 40 characters in the game either
Honestly, I didn't know Megaman was that popular...I don't like him or the idea of him being in Brawl...although, I agree with you about Ice Climbers, they need to be in Brawl...Young Link is awsome, but Link will work. I don't want WW Link in eiher-he'll be just like young link but have a bigger head.:chuckle:

Bowser Jr. 28

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I didn't know Megaman was that popular...I don't like him or the idea of him being in Brawl...although, I agree with you about Ice Climbers, they need to be in Brawl...Young Link is awsome, but Link will work. I don't want WW Link in eiher-he'll be just like young link but have a bigger head.:chuckle:

I'm with you for Megaman, I really wouldn't want him on Brawl, especially if he would take a different third party character's spot. But the creator said on, a website I can't think of{maybe www.qj.com?}the 2nd third party character is between Sonic:grin: and Megaman:mad: , I hope it's Sonic!:chuckle:

Bowser Jr. and the Koopa Kids for Brawl!!!!!!!

Kirye

Smash Ace
I'm with you for Megaman, I really wouldn't want him on Brawl, especially if he would take a different third party character's spot. But the creator said on, a website I can't think of{maybe www.qj.com?}the 2nd third party character is between Sonic and Megaman , I hope it's Sonic!
Although I would love to agree in that Megaman should be out, cause I do agree, that report on the creator already deciding between Sonic and Megaman is false. Sonic, of course, has the highest chance though, and will most likely be in Brawl, and if not that, still has a greater chance than Megaman.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah sonic is practically in already, tough sakurai stated he would want a total of 3 3rd party characters (including snake), thus megaman STILL has a shot, and I believe he'll make it in...

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's the final time for nominations, right? Until 11:59 tonight, correct?
Nah Saturday Night

I'm not gonna be to strict. I'll probably consider it done by SUnday or something since we have a severe lack of nominees XFD

We have currently

Wolf
King Dedede
Megaman.

I dunno. I'll talk to Shane about it. Maybe the more restrictive poll will provide better results.

I think we'll probably determine it like this.

Top Priority
Characters who gets nominated across every forum. We'll see how many results we end up with, however I'm thinking that these characters will automatically acheive a spot on the screen.

Medium Priority.
If they're nominated on 2 of the 3 forums they automatically gain a spot in the polling to determine who will be on the screen.

Low Priority:
Nominee's whom have only been nominated from one forum. They will not appear in the poll. However their place will be held and they will be reused in polling in the future.

So lemme give you guys an example

Please note this is not real XD

Smashboard Nominees - Wolf, Dedede, and Megaman
GameFAQs Nominees - Geno, Dedede, Little Mac, Dark Samus, Ike, and Reggie
DJU Nominees - Dedede, Little Mac, Ike, Megaman.

If these were the results, I'm thinking it could work like this

Top Priority
Dedede would be top priority since he was nominated on all 3 forums. He would instantly achieve a spot on the screen.

Medium Priority
Megaman, Little Mac, and Ike all reached Medium Priority in this example. This means that the three will be thrown into a poll, and you will vote on who you want to see the most. The character who wins the poll will be added to the screen, and the other two will remain at medium priority until next polling.

Low Priority
Wolf, Geno, Dark Samus, and Reggie all would fall into the Low Priority category in this scenario, and would not appear on any poll, but they will be acknowledged, and held onto for hopes of a worthy nominee status in the future.

Makese sense right?

Now, in the scenario where there are ONLY Low Priority characters, we would probably hold a special timed section for you to have extra nominations. For example if the low priority characters listed above were the ONLY nominee's across the 3 forums, then Wolf, Geno, Dark Samus, and Reggie would be the only characters allowed for you to choose from, and you would nominate from that selection.

From that point on, it would fall back into the High, Medium and Low Priority system. I'd rather it work this way than to vote on Low Priorities. I don't want voting to end up being unfair to certain characters just because a majorly popular character ended up in the polls. How fair would it be to allow voting when we know that a majority of the fans already desire the character?

These rules aren't official, but it's most likely a structure of what we will be doing. So you'll know what to expect.

For all those intrested, these are the characters with more than 1 nominations.

Current Nominee's
Wolf
King Dedede
Megaman

Nominations-
Ike 4
Lucario 3
Blaziken 3
Balloon Fighter 2
Geno 2
Lucas 2
Isaac 2
Ray (CR) 2
Banjo Kazooie* 2

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol megaman has a great chance, the guy is sinonimous to the NES, and has a ton of games in nintendo consoles, the guy (classic) is very popular and has a large fan base, u can say he sux, but he obviously does not, he has appeared in fighting games, and has a good chance...

Kirye

Smash Ace
Lol megaman has a great chance, the guy is sinonimous to the NES, and has a ton of games in nintendo consoles, the guy (classic) is very popular and has a large fan base, u can say he sux, but he obviously does not, he has appeared in fighting games, and has a good chance...
Because you know original megaman has had recent games lately. =P

The way I see it, a third party representative would have to be of someone who's gonna represent the franchise and possibly a new game, granted why someone like Cloud from Squaresoft (I know he has no chance, example) would never make it anyway, since he's not really gonna be in any new games, besides Crisis Core which is gonna suck.

Soo, if they DID decide to throw in Megaman, which I doubt, it would either be the Battle network version, or MMZ, since that's where megaman appears now on Nintendo consoles. A third party representative is much different than bringing back someone retro like IC and Pit, it has to represent the company for 'current' games, otherwise it would be kind of pointless.

And btw, Megaman sucked in the fighting games he's been in. He, along with most of the characters in the Marvel vs. Capcom series, are pretty much all clones of each other that do the same things, but have different special techs. You can try to prove me wrong there, but otherwise, Megaman was the same as any shooting type in that game, there was nothing special in his case but a name.

@Everyone who's complaining about the Baby Bowser/Bowser jr. thing.:

Who cares, it's just a name. So B. Bowser and Jr are diff, okay, calm down and leave it as it is, or point it out politely. No need to go out of hand because someone got them mistaken. Nintendo Fanboys, lmao.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Because you know original megaman has had recent games lately. =P

The way I see it, a third party representative would have to be of someone who's gonna represent the franchise and possibly a new game, granted why someone like Cloud from Squaresoft (I know he has no chance, example) would never make it anyway, since he's not really gonna be in any new games, besides Crisis Core which is gonna suck.

Soo, if they DID decide to throw in Megaman, which I doubt, it would either be the Battle network version, or MMZ, since that's where megaman appears now on Nintendo consoles. A third party representative is much different than bringing back someone retro like IC and Pit, it has to represent the company for 'current' games, otherwise it would be kind of pointless.

And btw, Megaman sucked in the fighting games he's been in. He, along with most of the characters in the Marvel vs. Capcom series, are pretty much all clones of each other that do the same things, but have different special techs. You can try to prove me wrong there, but otherwise, Megaman was the same as any shooting type in that game, there was nothing special in his case but a name.

@Everyone who's complaining about the Baby Bowser/Bowser jr. thing.:

Who cares, it's just a name. So B. Bowser and Jr are diff, okay, calm down and leave it as it is, or point it out politely. No need to go out of hand because someone got them mistaken. Nintendo Fanboys, lmao.
first of all putting orginal mm in would not be pointless because it would be a tribute to one of the most popular game franchises of all time

secondly, like it or not mega man is the second most requested 3rd party character (even on these boards)

third, the creator of mm, keija inafune, announced he is working on a mysterious wii title but would not give a name. how much you wanna bet this is MM9?

fourth, mega man was sick as hell is MvC.

fifth just cuz you dont like doesnt mean he wont be in

lastly, if you say he will be a samus clone then you automatically lose

parrothead

Smash Lord
Nominate DeMille (Demiru in Japan) from Tomato Adventure, Sukapon (a.k.a. Skapon) from Joy Mech Fight, Sable & Richard from For the Frog the Bell Tolls, Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth), Alice from Balloon Kid, and the SNES Mac from the SNES version of Super Punch-Out!!

I would also like to see Stafy, Mike Jones, Takamaru, and Tin Star, but some people already nominated them.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nominate DeMille (Demiru in Japan) from Tomato Adventure, Sukapon (a.k.a. Skapon) from Joy Mech Fight, Sable & Richard from For the Frog the Bell Tolls, Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth), Alice from Balloon Kid, and the SNES Mac from the SNES version of Super Punch-Out!!

I would also like to see Stafy, Mike Jones, Takamaru, and Tin Star, but some people already nominated them.
Just nominate the one character you want the most.

The only ones you cant pick now are Dedede, Megaman and Wolf

Kirye

Smash Ace
first of all putting orginal mm in would not be pointless because it would be a tribute to one of the most popular game franchises of all time

secondly, like it or not mega man is the second most requested 3rd party character (even on these boards)

third, the creator of mm, keija inafune, announced he is working on a mysterious wii title but would not give a name. how much you wanna bet this is MM9?

fourth, mega man was sick as hell is MvC.

fifth just cuz you dont like doesnt mean he wont be in

lastly, if you say he will be a samus clone then you automatically lose
Yeah, a tribute to a character who's no longer had any games, how is that a representation to Capcom? He would have to be one of the more updated Megaman variations that still have games coming out.

Yeah, so are alot of characters, that doesn't mean they're all gonna be in Brawl now does it?

And if it isn't? Out of all the Megaman variation games out, is it so sure that it's gonna be MM9, or is it a possibility of another X game? Or a Wii version of MMZ? Battle Transmission sequel from the GC release? Possibilities are endless.

Megaman was a short version of Ryu, and had a clone. Ryu as well had 2-3 characters similar to him, they're all clones either way you see it, it's a Street Fighter based game.

Just cause you like him doesn't mean he'll be in.

Did I say that? No I didn't, because Megaman, as far as I know, doesn't have Samus' Metroid skills, so I know that. >.>

Anyway, we're going way off topic in this thread, if you feel you want me to prove you wrong, I can always go into the Megaman topic and do it there, sound fair?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Yeah, a tribute to a character who's no longer had any games, how is that a representation to Capcom? He would have to be one of the more updated Megaman variations that still have games coming out.

Yeah, so are alot of characters, that doesn't mean they're all gonna be in Brawl now does it?

And if it isn't? Out of all the Megaman variation games out, is it so sure that it's gonna be MM9, or is it a possibility of another X game? Or a Wii version of MMZ? Battle Transmission sequel from the GC release? Possibilities are endless.

Megaman was a short version of Ryu, and had a clone. Ryu as well had 2-3 characters similar to him, they're all clones either way you see it, it's a Street Fighter based game.

Just cause you like him doesn't mean he'll be in.

Did I say that? No I didn't, because Megaman, as far as I know, doesn't have Samus' Metroid skills, so I know that. >.>

Anyway, we're going way off topic in this thread, if you feel you want me to prove you wrong, I can always go into the Megaman topic and do it there, sound fair?
you're right about one thing, lets move this in the official MM topic

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Wow, thats bull. Stupid n00bs and their Blazikens and such, don't know what good characters are >_>
Just because you don't like a character, it doesn't mean that voting for that character makes someone a noob.
In fact, an opinion like yours, seems like something a noob would say; just critizicing without proving their point

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Just because you don't like a character, it doesn't mean that voting for that character makes someone a noob.
In fact, an opinion like yours, seems like something a noob would say; just critizicing without proving their point
Wow, way to feel insulted because I don't like a character you like. Oh, and you could have picked a less compromising cliche.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we're just gonna end the whole Saving/Killing thing.

The numbers aren't getting to high, and if anthing, characters are getting more SAVES than hate so it's pointless.

Bowser Jr. 28

Smash Cadet
Vaztor, on your nominations/ voting poles you didn't put on Bowser Jr. Why not??????????

You know he has been nominated already, I think 2 or 3 times. One of them was by me.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vaztor, on your nominations/ voting poles you didn't put on Bowser Jr. Why not??????????

You know he has been nominated already, I think 2 or 3 times. One of them was by me.
He's only been officially nominated once as far as I can see.

Unless I missed some posts? X_X

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I wish to change my nominee. If Banjo-Kazooie has 0 chance of getting in then I wish to nominee Midna. She is teh hawt.

And get rid of Olimar, he just seems out of place in there.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I nominate Mona from Wario Ware.

And, if I may say so myself, that is some excellent editing done on that pic of Luigi. It looks incredibly realistic (well, in terms of how he might look, at any rate).

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
ugh... titania!?

I dont know who i want to nominate yet... but i definitely want to eliminate her...

Braderick

Smash Rookie
I would like to nominate Earthworm Jim for giving me the best game my Sega Genesis ever touched. Earthworm Jim, enough said. Also I'd like to save Ridley because the world can always use a little more metroid.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
I enjoy it when people say to get rid of Olimar. I can't stand that kid. He'd definately seem out of place in Brawl.
LOL!

Are you kidding? OUT OF PLACE? in Brawl? Don't even get me started. If anything, Olimar fits in perfectly.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Maby you should gather up all the possible character that were suggested, and start over and have people only nominate maby 3 characters, or something. Just seems like this isn't going anywhere.

Edit: btw when I said "gather all the possible.." I was mainly talking about Banjo-Kazooie, not that most of the characters are impossible.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Kirby's eight inches tall.
Pichu is a foot tall.
Pikachu is one foot, four inches tall.
Jigglypuff is one foot, eight inches tall.
King Dedede's about two feet tall.
Link is about five feet tall. (Use this to judge the proportions of the other characters.)
Mewtwo is six feet, seven inches tall.
Ganondorf is usually eight to nine feet tall.

The point: a character's size doesn't really translate to SSB...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Kirby's eight inches tall.
Pichu is a foot tall.
Pikachu is one foot, four inches tall.
Jigglypuff is one foot, eight inches tall.
King Dedede's about two feet tall.
Link is about five feet tall. (Use this to judge the proportions of the other characters.)
Mewtwo is six feet, seven inches tall.
Ganondorf is usually eight to nine feet tall.

The point: a character's size doesn't really translate to SSB...
Come to think of it, Ness is almost the size of Kirby and Pichu...

Nevermind. Captain Olimar away!

Top Bottom