• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Thread: Latest News/Players/Tournaments [London monthly!] [Leicester monthly!]

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Problem with hosting is housing really. I'd host but I can't offer any housing. If another tournament gets set up I will try my bestestestest to go, and try and persuade all the old guard to come together for some banter just like SCT-4 back in 2006 :D. ***** just got real.

I think I main sheik now, just saying.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL That's actually realllly great news, any chance in you making the tournament after this monthly or better yet...THIS MONTHLY...it's gonna be a big monthly due to it being in a good time period in terms of everyone finishing exams and stuff so it would be pretty suitable for you and there's still a little time to it.

It's been a few years since you've heard my Scottish attempt of saying 'For the banter' but apparnelty I always end up sounding Irish lol.

Noobking - I won that MM before I even finished reading your post.
I lose to no CF :)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
LOL That's actually realllly great news, any chance in you making the tournament after this monthly or better yet...THIS MONTHLY...it's gonna be a big monthly due to it being in a good time period in terms of everyone finishing exams and stuff so it would be pretty suitable for you and there's still a little time to it.

It's been a few years since you've heard my Scottish attempt of saying 'For the banter' but apparnelty I always end up sounding Irish lol.

Noobking - I won that MM before I even finished reading your post.
I lose to no CF :)
Why not come to Genesis 2 and test that theory? ;)

J03

Smash Master
lol getting pro to fly to neighbouring countries has proved impossible to date so getting him to fly over the pond... like a new level of impossibility... preposteroussibility

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I could consider hosting again. Would have to look at a few things first though
Problem with hosting is housing really. I'd host but I can't offer any housing. If another tournament gets set up I will try my bestestestest to go, and try and persuade all the old guard to come together for some banter just like SCT-4 back in 2006 :D. ***** just got real.

I think I main sheik now, just saying.
both these things would be amazing lol :)

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, if you need more players I've been wanting to go to a tournament for a while, I've only ever been to a couple that a friend hosted but the players were pretty good. I've been on these forums since around 2006, around that time I was trying to learn everything to become good.

So pretty much I'm gonna be bored in the summer so I might come to a tournament/monthly, because I need a challenge, and I know I have potential. My mains for melee are Luigi, Peach and Samus, but I use a lot more in Brawl, and I play Brawl + and Project M.

Jolteon

@Luigimitsu: Check the thread for the London monthlies, the next one is in July and it's a really good place for competition since some of the top UK players will be there (Fuzzyness, Professor Pro, and Kasper for Brawl etc.) Plus, you live in London so it'll be easy for you to get there.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hey everyone, if you need more players I've been wanting to go to a tournament for a while, I've only ever been to a couple that a friend hosted but the players were pretty good. I've been on these forums since around 2006, around that time I was trying to learn everything to become good.

So pretty much I'm gonna be bored in the summer so I might come to a tournament/monthly, because I need a challenge, and I know I have potential. My mains for melee are Luigi, Peach and Samus, but I use a lot more in Brawl, and I play Brawl + and Project M.
Look forward to seeing you then, but I do have one question, do you actually have Project M since I actually haven't played it yet and would really like to, would be good if you could bring it to the Monthly if you come down

Also where about in London do you live as London is a really big area and you could already live next to some smashers.

Jolteon

Yeah, since you're hosting the current events I'll put you there instead, what's your email?

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Look forward to seeing you then, but I do have one question, do you actually have Project M since I actually haven't played it yet and would really like to, would be good if you could bring it to the Monthly if you come down

Also where about in London do you live as London is a really big area and you could already live next to some smashers.
I have Project M but it's just a demo so only some characters are there, I could probably bring the Wii with me. I live in West London (Chiswick).

Jolteon

I have Project M but it's just a demo so only some characters are there, I could probably bring the Wii with me. I live in West London (Chiswick).
You live close to southwest london (mainly croydon) so you also have a lot of smash players/fests you can go too.

drugged_up_giraffe(at)hotmail.com (don't ask)

And put me back as active! :)
Done. ^^

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
That sounds good I just don't know anyone, but I know most of sw london.
thats no excuse!!! Virtually all the UK smash players are very welcoming and friendly and I know for certain that the Sout London smashers would be happy to have you. Try and contact Professor Pro, Alpha Dash, Gantz or Last Dragon as they all play in that area.

---- Potential for a national tournament ----

Recently I've heard that my mum might be moving away for about a week in the future at some point, which would leave me with the house to myself which would be perfect for housing IF I host another tournament. There are, as most of you would understand, still a fair few things I would need to sort out if another tournament is gonna happen but this is a pretty big step forward.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That's actually great news, def try look into that more cos I wouldn't mind going to a Southampton tournament, I would help out with whatever I could, which would first include with helping myself by winning the tournament and then I can move onto other things :)

But yeah, def look into that, any idea what kinda date your mum will be gone on that week?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
That's actually great news, def try look into that more cos I wouldn't mind going to a Southampton tournament, I would help out with whatever I could, which would first include with helping myself by winning the tournament and then I can move onto other things :)

But yeah, def look into that, any idea what kinda date your mum will be gone on that week?
I can't remember it off the top of my head but there are going to be a few occasions when the house will be free which is great because it gives a lot more options.

I don't think I'll be doing it at the university again since after phantom hits 2 it was completely trashed thanks to people being lazy and not cleaning up after themselves. There was even a stain left by some coke someone spilled on a chair. It got the president of CGsoc in trouble which really isn't fair and I don't want cause any more trouble than that. This means the venue won't be free this time, but then thats just normal anyway.

I'll post back when I know more about any venues I can use.

How many people would be interested in another southampton tournament anyway?

Jolteon

Try? Leave your family, school, work and abandon your friends to attend smash tournaments!

Jolteon

Yo ben did you ever have any more thoughts about that Soton tournament? o.o

Detkanin

Smash Rookie
Hi

I am quite new on Smashboards, but a smasher since the release year of Melee.

Based in Glasgow, Scotland looking for fellow smash players to get some games in. Anyone here who can give me some pointers/updates on the current state of the northern UK community? Any Glasgow based smashers?

Top Bottom