• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Rankings

Mr P

Smash Ace
It'd have to be number 1.

We have the complete list of everyone that has ever passed pools and earned points, but it would be impossible to tell who really deserves to move up. For this reason, euro tourney's shouldn't count to the rankings.
What the ? No none of them deserve to be bumped upto 9th because they all placed 13th. Why does it HAVE to be number 1, dont you accept that there are problems with accuracy using that system ?

I vote 3, everyone else ?

I think we need atleast 16 people to vote on this... if we cant even get 16 votes then its obvious no-one even cares enough about the rankings and they should be scrapped.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I've already said there are problems with accuracy, I've also said that it doesn't just take into account skill level.

Do you seriously believe that 16 people in total will vote on this? Let alone vote for keeping it?

Mr P

Smash Ace
I've already said there are problems with accuracy, I've also said that it doesn't just take into account skill level.

Do you seriously believe that 16 people in total will vote on this? Let alone vote for keeping it?
I think 16 is a fair minimum requirement, thats only the number of people actually on the ranking, any less than that then they dont care enough to have a system.

ac_anon

Smash Ace
9. Mr P
9. GEEK28
9. Ac Anon
9. SepirothKen

13. Bullet bill
13. Aiko
13. Jo3
13. Monty

Who goes upto 9th ?

The options we have are to either

1. continue with the system we have and not count tournies that have foreigners at them
2. Use a panel system
3. Scrap the list

Any other ideas ? Or choose one of those.
screw not counting it i just got above 13th

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
9. Mr P
9. GEEK28
9. Ac Anon
9. SepirothKen

13. Bullet bill
13. Aiko
13. Jo3
13. Monty

Who goes upto 9th ?

1. continue with the system we have and not count tournies that have foreigners at them
2. Use a panel system
3. Scrap the list

We've only got one major tourney thats planned to be international and thats the January one so it's not a problem. Yet. We do have GAwes coming over but thats only one person.

Aiko

Smash Champion
9. Mr P
9. GEEK28
9. Ac Anon
9. SepirothKen

13. Bullet bill
13. Aiko
13. Jo3
13. Monty

Who goes upto 9th ?

2. Use a panel system
3. Scrap the list

have a play off between the 4. everyone plays each other, top takes the spot. If it was done on opinion, monty would probably take that spot, but that would only be based on his past tournament results.

I had a look at other countries power rankings, and they seem to be done by a panel. They seem to do fine that way. Maybe a trial is in order. We can keep the tournament result rankings and do opinionated rankings at the same time and see how they compare.

J03

Smash Master
aw crap i agree with euan =/ i was horrendously wrong

you just cant bump anyone up

the only solution is to negate the foreigners so there would only be 3 9th places

or scrap it obvz

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Okay then, if we want to do a trial of the panel the next questions are:

1. How big should the panel be?
2. Who would be on the panel?
3. How would the panel reach a final descision?

The best answer I can think of with regards to number 3 is to have wach panel member give out points, much like the current ranking system. Then ther top 16 would end up becoming the current power ranking. Any other ideas, suggestions or comments?

Discuss.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I rekon the top crews, SBD and the mafia should nominate 2 people each. Then two other people will be voted for. This will make a panel of 6 people and should be reasonably fair. Although I still say the rankings should stay

monty06

Smash Ace
i think the panel should be 8 people so roughly they choose 2 people each to choose the rankings.

they should all give out points to who they think should be in the top16 and tally up the scores which would make the new top16

craiigg

Smash Lord
Bill - SDB not SBD rofl

Also 6 panel members with 1/3 being SDB and 1/3 Mafia could easily still remain bias, minimum 8 with members voted by everybody, not generalised because they're in a good crew obv.

Each member would make up their own top 16, where points are specified for each position
Eg. 1st - 10 etc
Then panel made up from the points system, discussed by everyone (MSN, not the boards >_> and obv ironed out so that someone who has placed 1st every tourny isn't placed 2nd by absolute chance) and agreed upon.

Although idk why i put all this, it should be just scrapped imo. UKs scene is small atm everyone knows peoples talent by tourny placings etc, and internationally our UK team is picked from knowledge not these rankings so people will play the best during Europe crew matches anyway

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
The rankings aren't just for the reference of UK. It's also for european and intl. people to see who is where in the UK. I reckon 8 would be a good panel size. Anyone else agree?

grayfox

Smash Champion
8 panel members i nominateee:

Ed
Jam
Euan
Paul
Carlton
Joe (yes i'm serious lol)
Caleb
Owna (sorry mate don't know your real name O_O)

All from different crews and skill levels that i have noticed around the boards making good logical points while also having plenty of first hand tourney experience, general knowledge of the game and seen the players at first hand.

monty06

Smash Ace
8 panel members i nominateee:

Ed
Jam
Euan
Paul
Carlton
Joe (yes i'm serious lol)
Caleb

All from different crews and skill levels that i have noticed around the boards making good logical points while also having plenty of first hand tourney experience, general knowledge of the game and seen the players at first hand.

ryan replace ed with u heres not on enough n dont really play ne more.

other then that the panel looks ok

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Might as well:

Cpt.Incredible
Euan
Charles
Frosty
Jam
Ed
Carlton
Ogre

I exclude Phil because he said he wasnt interested in being in it,and Ryan because he doesnt attend enough tournies.Alex isnt active enough.Same can be said for alot of others.

I believe it should be based quite heavily on skill as skill basically means more understanding of the game hence more valid opinion.

J03

Smash Master
Z- whole argument about ed quitting being taken into account he should be switched for the next rank down. perhaps ogre too, aint to sure about his knowledge (no offense if hes actually the einstein of smash)

also its a bit stupid to have the top 8 pick the top 16 because there aint no way you guys are going to be able to decide.

btw this isnt me *****ing because im slyly trying to get on the panel lol, only way to prove that is to count myself out of the panel no matter what obv.

but yosh, some changes need to be made imo

J03

Smash Master
in fact the best way is to simply decrease the amount of members

Z
Euan
Charlie-boy
Frosty
Jam
BB

all you guys are active, in the know, usually unbiased, skilled and generally good listeners to advice but with the ability to siv out the ****.

obvz not sure about Frost because he never says anything.

obvz not sure about charlie coz he says too much.

therefore the two together make a perfectly balanced duo imo.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Lol no prob bro, i dont tink i've told anyone outside the London lot anyways! My names Andre. And thanx for the nomination aswel but i wouldnt be too good a choice as im honestly not reliable enuff :laugh:, and that imo is quite important for something like this!

I do like the idea tho! A practice run of this panel thang would be a good idea, plus it reeeeeeally cant be any worse than the method we already hav!:laugh:

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Ed has only missed the last tourney and as far as I know hes making it to the next one.I dont know if hes quit or not,he quits alot apparently.

And,obvtacular mangerino,the panel would all make separate decisions which would be averaged out over a points system or summit.Pretty simple.

J03

Smash Master
point1: i think X should be top because hes placed higher then Y

'but thats only because X has never faced A B or C'

or

'but X had an easy time because B was but out by Y and he only had to play Z'

a panel is always going to be a subjective viewpoint derived from an objective method.

as long as stuff like ^^^^^^ that doesnt happen it should be fine.

also imo i think ed shouldnt be added to the panel, at least not yet. hes not essential atm, but he should eb added if his interest piped back up

monty06

Smash Ace
just go with joes six panel it looks ok and theres no point in keeping saying who should be in it etc. just use that one and leave it at that

ed also missed tnj1. only stevie came to that. yeah i heard ed quits alot but alwasy comes back

Kone

Smash Master
Im very good at quitting ;)

I bellended phil 3-0 in set last week without playing since sweden. Some would say thats a sure sign of greatness.

Ill be at next tourney with wes :)

and i dont want to be in the panel. My opinion > the 7 other scrubs in it !

my dk is a beast

Top Bottom