• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Twilight Series by Stephanie meyer

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Twilight is like a weird specific point at which there is a certain amount of light and darkness.

Symphony X, no you weren't the only one who new what a veggie vampire was.

Darkslash

Smash Master
One thing i noticed as i said before that Myer relies on the cover illustrations rather than the title. I mean Forbidden Paradise or Forbidden Fruit sounds way more relative to the plot(or lack of it) than twilight right?

Plus saying Edward and Bella as a iconic love story this generation sickens me. Common what has the world gone to? I think some people have to broaden their horizons.

RDK

Smash Hero
One thing i noticed as i said before that Myer relies on the cover illustrations rather than the title. I mean Forbidden Paradise or Forbidden Fruit sounds way more relative to the plot(or lack of it) than twilight right? .
I assumed it had something to do with the whole speil about vampires not being able to come out during the day, but then I remembered that Meyer's vampires are actually just sparkly Abercrombf@gs and not actual vampires.

...I read it until I stopped.
OMG yes.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I think Twilight means the sunset. That said its another one of those things that Myer takes forever to state right out.
It's kind of orang-ish time of the day.
My favorite time tbh

I read it until I stopped. -Stephen King
I lol'd
". . . and illiterate teenage girls." - New York Times
This made me lol definetly (still can't spell definetly).

It's pretty much the main book at my school. Even my teacher finds it to be a great book. I thought'd it be horror(judging by the posters around campus), but when I was told it was a chick book, and after reading this thread, I thought I'd pass.

edit:
To quote Mark Twain: What the **** is this?
I didn't see this; I need to take this pic to school in poster format and cover-up all the posters for it.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
source please!
The poster? Don't know the source you want.
[/QUOTE]

Definitely.
Oh, it's good to know I only missed an I (and misplaced a few words... sounding it out doesn't help).
Thanks.

Here's Meyers biggest fan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-turfrcQY-w

..I really don't know if I'm getting trolled - or if she's being serious. If she is serious, where is the reasons why it's a great book..

Also, why can't I unsee it..?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Here's Meyers biggest fan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-turfrcQY-w

..I really don't know if I'm getting trolled - or if she's being serious. If she is serious, where is the reasons why it's a great book..

Also, why can't I unsee it..?
Why did you have to post that? My day was going so great until I saw that and RAGED.

This is why I don't use Youtube.

She thinks it's a bad thing to be disappointed by a sequel to an already bad book? Sounds to me like she is just too much of a fangirl to admit to the books obvious flaws. Although if she enjoyed twilight then it's already obvious she can't admit to the books flaws.

Honestly you can't even begin an intelligent discussion with the fans of this book, I tried in my English class and as soon as I mentioned I didn't like the book the girl huffed away in an angry steam. Do fans of this book have the brain capacity to understand it's flaws? Or is all they can get out of it "Edward is hawt and I am Bella"

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
They don't understand why the book is bad because they think that any story where the girl gets the guy is a good book. It has obvious flaws, both technical and creative wise, but they won't admit to it because they can't see it.

Just try explaining all the issues in the book. They just don't understand it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I really can't tell if she is being ultra-sarcastic or if it's just her accent.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Yeah, those nasty comments would be the work of 4chan.
Doubtful. Only idiot /b/tards would go after that kind of fail..

Maybe just youtubers who have nothing better to do.
I doubt she's being sarcastic btw. I don't know, it's her facial expressions that make it look serious.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Doubtful. Only idiot /b/tards would go after that kind of fail..

Maybe just youtubers who have nothing better to do.
I doubt she's being sarcastic btw. I don't know, it's her facial expressions that make it look serious.
You don't think 4chan is full of /b/tards? Because they are.

Darkslash

Smash Master
RULES 1 & 2!!!!

I stopped when she said that how can you hate this book.
It seems alot of Fans can't find reasons to like this book. They like it becuase of half a brain zombievampire Edward Cullen.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
You don't think 4chan is full of /b/tards? Because they are.
No, they are full of /b/tards, but there are stupid /b/tards and smart /b/tards.
Kinda getting off-topic, anyways..

Darkslash said:
RULES 1 & 2!!!!
ONLY APPLIES TO RAIDS

Darkslash said:
I stopped when she said that how can you hate this book.
I stopped a little later than that.. but really, it just seems like this person is too ignorant to realize opinions exist.. as are a lot of stupid people when it comes to this book.

Actually this happens a lot in society... ; _ ;

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
I'm inconclusive. But without a doubt the ending for the fourth is freaking ********!!
It's more like a lead into a 5th book than an actual ending.
Overall it's biggest flaw is that they're repetative.
Which is why the movies should be better...........
First time I've ever and probably will ever, say a movie will be better than the book.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
Twilight is the devil. I have so much hate for that book.
me too.. everyone loves this peice of **** book.. its terrible.. since when do vampires "glisten" in the sun light? And since when did awesome vampires become some messed up teenaged vampires life. is it some drama book with vampires? it pisses me off in so many ways. people who never read in my school and tell me how gay reading is, start reading this book and wont stfu about it. i will never read this book or watch the movie. if u want a good vampire story watch "Queen of the ****ed" thats a vampire story!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
what kind of movie is "Queen of the ****ed" ?
for an entertaining vampire story that is 12 book long I would recommend Cirque Du Freak, yes the book is in english:) not a love story AT ALL (that's a plus:)

The next time some one says "OMG EDWARD IS SOOOOOOO CUTE AND HOT AND blah blah blah blah blah"
I just wanna say that Edward isn't real and see what happens...

Overload

Smash Lord
I was talking to a friend on the phone and he says "You should check out twilight." I then laughed out loud because I thought of this thread.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For Vampire books, I have heard from a great source (my creative writing teacher) that "The Historian" is awesome. I need to grab that.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I doubt I'll take reading advice from my English teacher considering she liked twilight.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
For Vampire books, I have heard from a great source (my creative writing teacher) that "The Historian" is awesome. I need to grab that.
my dad started reading that...never finished it, I was thinking of trying it, he synopsis seems good and you can never go wrong with vampires, WAIT, AS LONG AS IT'S NOT ROMANCE (twilight)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hate to bring this a little off-topic, but has anybody seen Francis Ford Coppola's film Bram Stoker's Dracula? Is that any good? I loved Apocalypse Now!, the Conversation, Godfather and Godfather Part II, but after that, his works dropped greatly in quality, so I'm worried about seeing it, but then again, it has Gary Oldman as Count Dracula who has delivered spectacular performances. Then again, he also played Sid Vicious in Sid and Nancy.

Should I pick it up?

Top Bottom