• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

If DMG is willing to give up ownership of this thread I'm sure one of the tactical mods would be more then happy to keep this updated.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If DMG is willing to give up ownership of this thread I'm sure one of the tactical mods would be more then happy to keep this updated.
That would be a good idea. I liked running this thread in the beginning, but it's more of a hassle than a pleasure updating it anymore. Actually though about giving it to someone a few days ago, but went to play LoL instead.

Okay DMG has agreed to hand over ownership of this thread to somebody else. Is there anybody in particular you guys would like to see handle this thread? Preferably somebody who actually has experience with this sort of thing?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ideas:

Revamp the format to include an alphabetical list of all the players, and 1 video attached next to their name. No dates, no anything. Then for characters, use Icons/Pics and list players for them. Even fancier? Hyperlink the matches into the players name and make it even more streamlined.

I always thought it was too clunky, had an idea for changing it like the hyperlink one but just incoherent and didn't work when I tried.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ideas:

Revamp the format to include an alphabetical list of all the players, and 1 video attached next to their name. No dates, no anything. Then for characters, use Icons/Pics and list players for them. Even fancier? Hyperlink the matches into the players name and make it even more streamlined.

I always thought it was too clunky, had an idea for changing it like the hyperlink one but just incoherent and didn't work when I tried.
I would do that, but everyone would ragequit this thread if i took it over. :chuckle:

We're making resume's now? I guess I'll make a quick one.

Examples of threads I've created:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271499 (More picture-oriented)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260610 (Clean/Basic Text)

As for how active I'll be updating this, well, I already have this thread subscribed, so I can't miss it. I'm a moderator so I check the boards multiple times a day. If you have premium access, you could use my MSPaint Game as another example for the list above, and of how active I am on certain threads. I haven't been active on that thread recently though due to lack of premium membership (which is also why I can't link it), and due to a lack of a computer before that. Other than this, I've been keeping a steady flow for this thread, and I still am even though I don't have premium.

Gimmi gimmi gimmi.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
you are not making resumes

I HAVE CHOSEN MY SUCCESSOR!!!

M2K!

Okay so as of now we have:

Twinkie
Meno

As the candidates for this threads new owner, I'll wait until word gets round a little before the owner is chosen.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't really think it needs a new owner so much as it just requires an update within the period of every so often.(Maybe once a week)
But if you're looking for instantaneous updates, well, i'd apply for it, but my activity in this section of the boards is little to none :p
Although i could make myself consistent in this thread.

Anyway, Twink and Meno seem like fair enough candidates, so good luck to you both :)

Is this supposed to be apply? Vote? Lurk?

Just apply really. A decision will be made probably later today/tomorrow since I know some local tournaments are on today and activity will have decreased.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Just apply really. A decision will be made probably later today/tomorrow since I know some local tournaments are on today and activity will have decreased.
Well, i could maintain the place if i'm given the opportunity, don't see why i couldn't try, especially since i keep all my places updated and i lurk them a lot.
I'm on every day just about any time i can. I keep activity flowing, and i can donate useful submissions myself.

And yep, i'll be at a tourney all day today, so i'll check with this tomorrow as well :)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I second the vote for Manny. I left the Toon Link boards because Twink took over as did many others. He isn't able to be trusted with a part of this site that matters, unlike the Toon Link boards.

Meno has made our states PR and is some graphic designy student or something. He's very active and a smart guy and you're not going to find anybody better to run it, especially Twink.

JK I like Twink and he's pretty good, but Meno would be the best choice.

IMO anyone can run this thread. It's just a matter of putting up links and being punctual about it. Meno and I are both qualified, as well as half of the guys who visit this thread.

And it's not like I'm moderating it DTL. x____x This thread is community-driven. I would have to listen to everyone else, not get them in trouble.

Fun fact though: Your second paragraph will still make sense if you were to switch the names around.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
leave it to DMG to make a 2 day process out of a 30 min. one

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkk, but this is definitely a good move. I'd really hate to see a thread like this bumped down from the stickies merely because of inactivity.

Gotta love the Peaches lapping this up.

Ownership of this thread has been transferred to Meno, do it proud.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Awwwwww yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa.

The abortion that is the OP will be updated probably within the hour.

Nestec

Smash Ace
How often will you be switching out the *NEW* tags? After every update?

Because some of these have been *NEW* for like a year.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wahla. OP no longer looks like dooky.

Now, how the **** do I update this. Don't feel too inclined to look through almost 300 pages. Everyone coo starting fresh from here?

New tags will be updated... monthly?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now, how the **** do I update this. Don't feel too inclined to look through almost 300 pages. Everyone coo starting fresh from here?
Lazy lazy lazy.

But seriously, the OP looks really nice.

Top Bottom