• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

theunabletable

Smash Lord
It wasn't angled?

I went back, compared his feet and the fish bowl angles from that moment and other moments, and they were exactly the same. Both feet on the same regular tangent, the fish bowl and the fish going down the right path, everything
Not the first nair at 4:07. Compare that nair to the nair that UTD Zac used when ledge hopping at 4:09.

The nair used at 4:07 is DEFINITELY different from the nair used at 4:09.

At 4:07 if you pause it so that the game clock says 3:59.16 (I think it's a 6 anyways...) you can see that the fishbowl in that nair almost has his whole head over it, only a tiny bit of his head isn't covering it.

Whereas if you pause at any point during his nair at 4:09, you can see that the ONLY part of G&W's head that goes over the fishbowl is just his nose.

Definitely somethin' up there.

Browny

Smash Hater
looks angled to me... pause it during the nair in question, then any other nair during that match... youll see :/

even better, go to 0:12

double normal nair, but the ledgehop one shortly after is clearly at an angle

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
NOPE! If it looks angled, it's because the camera is stretching it.

Look at where his nose lines up with the fishbowl. The second wave part right?

Also, the fishbowl lines up with the edge of his head the same way every time. If it looks angles, it's only because of in game camera stretching.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think it has something to do with the fact that every time the weird nair in question comes out, its because the GW ledge hopped the nair AND caught a peanut with said nair.

try looking again dmg

edit, i found the part in the YT vid and pause at the moment of the supposed aberation, and compared it side by side to the pictures you posted and they are clearly not the same.

GWs pose in holding the fish bowl is the same but whereas normally the top of the bowl is held at a 0-10 degree angle, the affected on is clearly at a 45 degree angle when he catch the peanut during the animation.
normally his nose is right in the middle of the fishbowl. but at that point his nose is connected and touching the actual lines of the bowl.

not to mention, the out line of the bowl on the bottom of the side away from game and watch is missing in the animation.

EDIT2. I wish I knew how to screenshot.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh

OHHH

That Nair. I was a bit too focused on 4:06, not a few seconds later lol

Yes that is from the peanut. Notice it doesn't happen with bananas. It also happens game 4 when he catches a peanut above stage. Certain items can make his bowl tilt.

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh

OHHH

That Nair. I was a bit too focused on 4:06, not a few seconds later lol

Yes that is from the peanut. Notice it doesn't happen with bananas. It also happens game 4 when he catches a peanut above stage. Certain items can make his bowl tilt.
Does that tilt the hit box or just the appearance?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tilts the actual hitbox. At least the peanut tilt does, IDK if other item tilts do but it would be safe to assume yes. Who knows, Brawl is weird as **** to begin with rofl.

Peanut one yes, everything else IDK

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Tilts the actual hitbox. At least the peanut tilt does, IDK if other item tilts do but it would be safe to assume yes. Who knows, Brawl is weird as **** to begin with rofl.

Peanut one yes, everything else IDK
Are there any other attacks that have this effect happen? Where grabbing an item tilts the animation and hitbox of an attack?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I cannot imagine how frustrating it would be for my grab to be broken by a looped arrow.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
TL boomerang imo is more practical, and more consistent in serving the same function (added pressure, grab break, etc.)

Still, pretty interesting Pit to watch.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I forgot. That's why I always loved Tink more than MK. Returning boomerang is why I can't quit this game.

****ing returning boomerang.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm sad I didn't have stuff recorded against Steeler and Reflex.

Best matches ever.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah but he's so percise and fast that he still wins. Gregs knows the match-up a lot better [obv] but BluB's Falco is just sexy

:059:

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I played horrible. I actually know the match up, I played a lot of friendliess with LP before but somehow in bracket it seemed like I played on auto-pilot.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master

Where are your Ivysaur vids hmm?
Actually I have many vids of his Ivysaur if you are really interested in them.

So I was watching some BluB vids when I saw a set that looked really promising. This is the first match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPJRQ_44mY

I thought it would be a perfect rep for Falco, but then he lost the lead and couldn't get it back.

Game Two was BluB ****ting on Prinz and it wasn't really a worthwhile video. The MK gets hit with 3 gattling combos like...almost in a row...

I haven't watched game 3 yet

Game 4 was good until both players were getting uncomfortably greedy.

So yeah, I'm gonna watch game three, because it's a Falco beating an MK on Delfino, hopefully with some flashy ****. Everyone should watch at least the first half of game one, because it's beautiful.

edit: Wait nm...The Delfino one is from WFs. Gah...so many vids.

edit again: The Delfino one was just BluB ****ting on Prinz again :(

Top Bottom