• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Zinoto beat ally in winners finals and then it went to game 5 of grand finals. Zinotos at like 120 % and he infinites ally (for the second time that set) until about 140 (they were on delfino) sadly in the most heart breaking moment in brawl history he barely messed up the finish and got punished for it. In my eyes Zinoto beat ally in grand finals with an infinite. And the fact that he infinites ally twice in a grand finals set is pretty damn impressive.

:phone:

What's The Point

Smash Master
So tomorrow I'll get the Diddy results finished cause that list clearly needs some change. Then I'll skip to ZSS since everyone posted all sorts of stuff for that and sort that out. Then ICs because there aren't many of them and they are all kind of inactive. If you can think of an IC main/user that isn't on the top 5 right now and should be considered post who it is so I can look them up as well.

Everyone should go look at the Olimars though. I think some shuffling needs to occur between Anaur, Denti, Fino, and Logic.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-VudFyl4k-KoPx2j9Pj0EeAktYb51qafgm-828FqXpw/edit

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You missed the tournament the KS local WTP, at least for Olimar

What's The Point

Smash Master
You missed the tournament the KS local WTP, at least for Olimar
This is a post that should contain a link, or at least a tournament name or something. I searched for Fino in results and got all the threads that came up. Also anything before February doesn't count. I have some January tournaments on but I'll be getting rid of them tomorrow.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Oh, that's a series. I search a name and look for the player in the first post. Since he wasn't there I assumed his name just got mentioned in the thread.

Also I'm not counting MMs. Mostly because there's no real way to verify them and no way to find out if they happened unless one of the parties reports it.

Noa.

Smash Master
For the Oli list, Rich and Dabuz should probably split 1st and 2nd. Their wins are just so comparable. IMO Dabuz has a couple of better wins than Rich, like M2K, Ally, Fatal, etc. But this is offset by Rich just consistently placing better at Regionals. Meh.

Denti and Anuar are also very close to one another. Anuar only lost to great SoCal players like RichBrown, Tearbear, Havok, SK92, and Larry. His best and most remarkable win is on Mikehaze. Denti on the other hand doesn't have any big wins that compare to MikeHaze. He has wins against other good players but so does Anuar. Plus Denti seems to have lost to more people of varied skill. Anuar seems to come out on top. I guess the only thing that Denti has going for him is that he's active. But Anuar's wins impress me more.

And between Fino and Logic, Fino should probably be replaced. His notable wins are Zinoto, Reflex, and Logic lol. But he hasn't been as active this season. And Logic on the other hand has wins on Stingers, Keitaro, Junebug, Seagull, and Kadaj. Logic is also a lot more active. Like incredibly so. He should probably be put back on the list in place of Fino.

So yeah, this is entirely in my opinion, and based on the results and records that WTP posted.

1st/2nd Rich and Dabuz
3rd Anuar
4th Denti
5th Logic

In my opinion. lol

MVD

Smash Master
Oh, that's a series. I search a name and look for the player in the first post. Since he wasn't there I assumed his name just got mentioned in the thread.

Also I'm not counting MMs. Mostly because there's no real way to verify them and no way to find out if they happened unless one of the parties reports it.
Cause vids don't verify anything?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Cause vids don't verify anything?

He was referring to people simply claiming them without there being a video of it happening.
Which is why he said:

"Mostly because there's no real way to verify them and no way to find out if they happened unless one of the parties reports it.".

This is probably why only wins in Tournament count because the bracket is there to verify who beat who AND the threads usually contain the characters they used for it.
Then the player can verify who they went against who.

Which would require another verification from other players to confirm that character was actually used..

Which is what he's trying to avoid with counting Money Matches. And the reason bit it self in the behind!

Maybe it has to do with keeping track of bracket and money matches being too big of a hassle ?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Gheb, why aren't you considering Lumi?

He does better than Rob in a harder local area. Rob has been doing pretty terrible in his tour of the country where he was going to prove he was a top 5 wolf
Lumi is awesome and a good wolf, but a lot of his wins came with MetaKnight

And he's lost to Thugz.

Placings don't matter, it's who you beat. I lost to Kel and Tako, players Lumi has not beaten.

Also, you probably should have waited until today to make that statement.

MW:E strategy against OOS.

Get them wasted, make them look terrible.

Got em.
Problem #1-TV's.

Problem #2-Ya, Lumi did a good job sabotaging me by getting me drunk, but most of my problem was that I hadn't slept in like 5 days and had a huge fever and was puking all day and couldn't keep anything down.

I mean, there's a reason why you were like "Uh...you don't look so good" and I made you give me the front seat, it wasn't just a hangover.

Again, you and Kel probably would have beaten me anyway so it's no biggie.

[5:41:06 PM] DeLux: We've narrowed it down to 3 peole
[5:41:07 PM] DeLux: people*
[5:41:10 PM] Hunter Rogers: me
[5:41:11 PM] Hunter Rogers: me
[5:41:11 PM] DeLux: no, you're one person
[5:41:12 PM] Hunter Rogers: and me
[5:44:47 PM] Hunter Rogers: who are the top 3 ppl?
[6:04:50 PM] DeLux: It's a toss up between MegaRobMan, Fujin, and Jebus
Biggest troll...prolly lol
That's some fine company there.

pane > me > rob

i'm dead serious
Look, I won't even argue that some other wolves may be better than I am, but this is about wins and losses.

Tekkie, I'm more impressed with your wolf than I am Panes.

WTP is that dood tho relax dawg
Get back in line, dawg :wolf:

btw

This is a democracy. Democracies have elections. The one who looks the best and sounds the best is elected president. Why wouldn't I campaign? I'm just being a normal politician.

The way the thread was chosen seemed more like a dictatorship though. No votes for people, just wing wang wozzle. An all knowing mod decides.
See, you do care about political issues!

You expect me with a Chemistry degree to type length answers to an application versus WTP who if I recall correctly, his major is something like Journalism or English? Yeah, right.
This is a good point.

Hell yeah, X2, it's the best game ever.

I think I'm forgetting why I came here in the first place................

Oh.

Ripple for higher placement on the shiek list.

Drake12

Smash Ace
I was gonna wait a little bit, but since it's brought up I wanna throw myself in to hopefully be a factor for the top 5 :rob:.

April 28
Consistently beat T-Block in friendlies
Took a 2-1(or 1-1) win loss ratio against Kuraudo with a MM win and a in tournament loss (second MM win is very old)
Lost to Kuraudo, KillLock (in pools) and Capt L (4th best pika)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u48/Firefly_43/Phoenix7ProBracket.gif

May 26
Beat Croi who is 2nd on NS PR and a prominent wario (beats raziek who is 5th best marth)
beat Lamb (5th best pika)
http://i.imgur.com/MdIIJ.jpg
Lost to Raz one set (other set went lucario)

Impulse
Beat poke in tournament (5th on Toronto PR)
Beat Red X who is 5th best ness (5$ MM)
I consistently beat zhaos luigi in tournament (4th best luigi). He would/has agreed to this but the only proof is from Hellasmash 5 from a year ago.
Beat inle (a good player, dunno if he is legit though)
Didn't perform too well besides those losing to asa and ally (mjg in pools) :/

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab50/Brandon4629/Impulse.gif

Aug 11
Went 1-1 against Lamb (giving me a 2-1 win loss against him)
Beat croi
Beat Billybeegood (1st on NS PR, second place at Hellasmash 6)
Lost to white
http://i.imgur.com/xUuKg.jpg
Sorry about the photo quality...

Aug 18
Beat Raziek in pools (fifth best marth)
Beat While (who beat Raz, billybegood and croi on Aug 11)
Lost to superboomfan (lol wtf 64/melee/brawl God)
Consistently beat firefly's yoshi (fifth best yoshi) with the only proof being Hellasmash 5 (old tournament), a small recent MM and maybe some monthlies in BC
Also Consistently beat nysyarc but no proof to that besides what people may say.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326931

On top of these I am ranked fourth in British Columbia PR (Canada)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262912[/URL
and third in Nova Scotia PR

Everything I posted has me going rob except for once may 26th against raz (went lucario)
Every tournament was MK banned

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Why am I being listed as a Legit win ?

This has happened twice now.
Maybe three times.
Could possibly be four times now.

Why do people keep listing me as a Legit win ?

DRN

Smash Lord
Zinoto gets a higher placing in an MK legal tourney than ADHD got at a MK banned tourney, sooooo

Zinoto > ADHD??
The difference is that one was in NY/NJ with Vinnie, Anti, Dabuz, Fatal, ect and the other was in Michigan with Ally.

Still really good though

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
He said he only played razer once BEFORE that. He played him in pools at HOBO 38 and WHOBO 4 (yes in razer's pool again) and lost both times so he is like 1-3 with him.

does anyone really care? they both barely play at this point. Using a low tier and not placing last is like auto top 5 at this point. 90% of good low tier mains switched to better characters by now.

UHM I'D LIKE TO STATE THAT ILLMATIC LEFT A VERY IMPORTANT WIN OFF OF HIS LIST!

i'm important now
I do because Noid is a beast :bee:.
Why am I being listed as a Legit win ?

This has happened twice now.
Maybe three times.
Could possibly be four times now.

Why do people keep listing me as a Legit win ?
When you're considered good, losing is the worst thing that can happen :awesome:.
Where is everyone seeing impact results?

Who did dill beat?

WHY NO QUESTIONS MY ANSweR?
I'm curious about all this. I just know top 3 was:
1) Anti
2) Vinnie?
3) Dabuz?

I don't know whether Dabuz or Vinnie got 2nd/3rd. Just who top 3 was. I know Anti won.
Who are you?

One of the funniest smashers from Michigan.

:018:

| Big D |

Smash Master
cheese > vinnie son

so technically wedge is like a top 3 sonic
Cheese beat Orion, Orion beat vinnie. Inui now decrees Cheese > Vinnie.

4: Big D ($17.50) better than ch33se lmao. keep it up. those were some fun matches
Top 5 ICs Kthxlol

But on a more serious note, I've got some notable wins that could warrant a top 5 spot due to Smoom's inactivity.

I'm ranked first on our PR

Placed 4th at Phoenix 7 (Regional/Impulse qualifier)

First at BCBM10

First at BCBM11

I have beaten...
T-Block (3rd best :pt:)
Asadelta (#1 Hawaii/Beaten Z)
Captain L(4th best :pikachu2:/BCPR#2)
Firefly(5th best :yoshi2:/BCPR#3)

Choked at Impulse got 17th beating no one notable losing to stroumbert and Chudat.

First at BCBMXII

Also got first at XIII but I only used ICs twice since it was small.

It's an old post digged up but may as well if you're looking at ICs.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Where is everyone seeing impact results?

Who did dill beat?

WHY NO QUESTIONS MY ANSweR?
Cuz I was there :glare:

Vinnie got third and top 2 were Anti in winners side of grand finals and dabuz in the losers side of grand finals. Then everyone got kicked out of the venue before it ended =(

Err dills bracket was bye, beat cheese, lost to fatal, beat malcolm and then lost to salem. I don't know if he played anyone else though

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Cuz I was there :glare:

Vinnie got third and top 2 were Anti in winners side of grand finals and dabuz in the losers side of grand finals. Then everyone got kicked out of the venue before it ended =(

Err dills bracket was bye, beat cheese, lost to fatal, beat malcolm and then lost to salem. I don't know if he played anyone else though
Too bad about that ZSS match-up, ROB vs. ZSS contains high quantities of Bootysweat. I hope the set vs. Fatal was recorded. Malcolm is a pretty legit win!

Drake dill also has MK-banned tourney wins on Will, Nairo, Nakat, Chibo, and others. The only one that was really affected by the MK-ban was Nairo, who couldn't use his main.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Drake dill also has MK-banned tourney wins on Will, Nairo, Nakat, Chibo, and others. The only one that was really affected by the MK-ban was Nairo, who couldn't use his main.
Ok...those are legit xD I'll admit that he takes the cake over me, but do the other robs? Idk their wins or losses, besides knowing that holy kicks *** and dill tops me too.
Just questioning if I fit in the top 5 is all, or if I gotta keep working at it.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
The set wasn't recorded sadly. Game one both of them were at a very high % with dill having a lead and 10 seconds on the clock. Then fatal ran off the stage at the speed of light and baired dill and won the match. Game 2 was pretty much last hit but fatal won winning with an utilt that connected because of dill jabbing and extended his hurtbox. Was an awesome set that wasn't recorded :(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
since feb (i think thats how far back he said) ive got wins on...tc1, boss, chu, drpp, kyonx2, kadaj x3. and a bunch of random nc people.

lost to esam, mekos twice, logic twice, sushi-man, kadaj twice, drpp, a ddd player named cory, and this snake named 313 (who I 3 stocked yesterday in tourney still mad salty bout that loss tho =[)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
diff tourneys lol.
he 3 stocked me at rese, and I still lost that set (after switching to mk)
I beat him at like...SOS i think.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh well ****. my bad. i just get 3 stocked by him too often x.x
so then discard the pp win...everything else is legit tho

oh and also apparently sos was in january (thats when the vid was uploaded). my memory sucks...

Drake12

Smash Ace
I guess the best question I would ask since I just put my case foreword is with the list that put chibo at fifth, does he have bigger/better wins over me and such? If he does then I guess that would deny me a positiion.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what are his wins with rob? i think im better because I make better decisions than him based off the videos ive seen (he punishes better than me to be fair tho IMO). and I think dill is better than me for the same reason (and his punishes are sick...and his edgeguards....yo I love that dude). but all I know off the top of my head is he beat sk awhile back. and I know he has more but I wont speak for him.

What's The Point

Smash Master
WC people, you may want to find some Vato_Break results for me. I can only find two and that's definitely going to hurt him. Note that anything before mid-February doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom