• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
funny thing was, the only way I could have gotten out of pools is if I dropped a game to illmatic and 2-1ed him, I couldn't 2-0 him.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
@illmatic game: game 1 was on smashville, both of us were last hit. It was literally you wrecking me at first and then me wrecking you back the whole entire game. Game 2 was a timeout on FD by about 10%, I probably woulda won that game, but I tripped in the last 15 secs where I was guaranteed a banana lock about a quarter length of FD which is guaranteed 30% damage =/
The irony.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I don't think game one was that close.
I had a significant like 30/40% lead, but it doesn't matter.

I know on FD you tripped or whatever (but that still doesn't mean I wouldn't be able to rack damage on you afterwards), and the 2-0'ing me thing doesn't make any sense.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Rack damage after? If the facts are true a banana lock into dsmash would take about 4 seconds to happen

then you have to come BACK cuz u were sent off (maybe only a little, i don't know) AND you have to catch diddy who has already started running away. I don't buy it unless you SDI his smash attack at the end of the banana lock into the stage, tech it, and chase him.

Player-1

Smash Legend
it was a 30/40% lead, but we were both last hit still, you were around 110 or 120 or something.

wut? you don't remember what happened after we spent like 10 minutes figuring it out? If I had 2-0ed you then yukohoe would have gotten out, but if it was 2-1 then we'd all tie and we'd have to all play again.

@luxord, no he's right he still had a chance to come back, though he'd have to approach me, not the other way around. A banana lock a quarter of FD would take like 1.5 seconds, it was like only enough to get 2 or 3 loops and then a smash. He'd probably have about 10 seconds after getting back on stage to approach me and do enough damage.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
it would take more than 1.5
if u just look at frame data dsmash alone is a little over 1 second. So down to 14. The bananas another 1? 13. He has to come back onto stage/land whatever another 1-2, 11. You're running across FD, he either runs or quick-pulls a turnip (no clue what the AT is called) and then GTs across another 1.5 to 9.5. Then he has to hit you too. Unlikely

@Nova - who in the states is close in your opinion? or even CAN/MEX?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Oh yeah, I remember that, Player-1.
That was pretty dumb.

It's only because I beat Yukhoe 2-1 and Dapuffster 2-0.
You shouldn't have dropped a game to him LOL.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
I really believe vato could take a number one spot If he sticks with diddy and really stays on his ****. I think p-1 is prolly at his peak big Lou is good but bc he doesn't travel alot I see that limiting his performance, all I'm saying is don't count the new school out just yet

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
you're severely overestimating some of this stuff. Dsmash is exactly one second in duration (but you also have to keep in mind that illmatic would get sent flying after this hitbox comes out though which is frame 6 so really that's where you have to be looking at), banana throws in a banana lock range from 7-10 depending on what you're doing (the type of throw you have to use changes depending on where you are in the lock, fthrow is frame 7, back throw is frame 9 add one to each if you have to glidetoss). You add a couple of frames in there for waiting, pivoting, catching so maybe around 13 frames per loop.

@chue, ya I infinited him, I'm not sure what that had to do with anything. I have the replay saved tho since that was the first infinite I ever did in a non-friendly match, but I never uploaded it.

@Ill, no I just should have beaten yukhoe >.> it wouldn't had mattered tho since you still beat me

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Dsmash is 62 frames, not exactly one second iirc. But yeah i wasn't thinking about when the hitbox comes out. And you could just of planked the last few seconds (albeit risky). I mean no offense to Illmatic at all, it just seems like a REALLY unlikely chance of him coming back unless it was just a 1/2% theoretical lead we're talking about.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The frame data on the diddy boards says 60 frames. At the time I had gotten the lock it would have been a bit closer than 20% cuz I had gotten a bit of damage off before the timeout, it'd probably had been around a 10%ish lead once I had hit him, but yes you're right I would have been in a much better position to win.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, not trying to start an argument or anything. And you have the link of the set/game where you did the infinite?

Also where are you reading the Diddy data from? Where I'm reading from is 62 frames, not that 2 frames is the biggest deal, but I'm just curious to find a better link.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yo p-1 i remember that mm! i just got done teaching u a bunch of stuff, then u went and beat tyrant imediately!

i watched but i don't think i coached u outside of telling u to stay calm and hold ur ground lol

and HOLD THAT BANANA -so broken-

-side note-

i been practicin ddd mad hard lately

and my mk is the best it's ever been! ask ESAM (lol name search maybe?)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Tc1 for top 5 :mario2:. He just moved to my region from NorCal and wondered why he isn't on this list when Vato is and he beats Vato lol...He doesn't post on smashboards, but I'll hype it.

And #3 :diddy: should still be Felix. Didn't he go and **** KillLock's region (Alberta?) like in April? I even found vids of it lol.

Plus Lie>>Every :diddy: outside of Felix, Adhd, and Gnes currently.

Having two people from GA on the top 5 list is weird (Especially since Lounis doesn't travel outside of GA and rarely he goes to Nc).

1) Gnes
2) Adhd
3) Felix
4) Lie
5) Player-1 or Vato (I'd put player-1 through bias of not playing Vato, but that's personal bias and I'd need to see a list of results/wins to actually compare).

:018:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Felix is limited by his region and at this point I'd say P1 and Vato are better. I saw all the saved matches from Felix's tourney and P1 (from playing him) is better. As for Lie, setting aside his inactivity, P1 and Vato have a more solid gameplay and I would say they are advantageous to Lie. I don't think the other :diddy: are ages behind ADHD and Gnes. There's definitely a gap, but the new-school diddy's are stepping it up no doubt about it.

Cassio

Smash Master
Vato has stepped up his gameplay significantly in the last 6-8 weeks. Requesting his movement wasnt arbitrary, it was a reaction to this in addition to the results he pulled from it.

btw TC1 is a good mario, but same as vato his better results come from other characters. Also like vato said Im pretty sure flameleon is still the best mario. Hopefully someone can look up results for him, unless we're intending to exclude mexico etc.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, not trying to start an argument or anything. And you have the link of the set/game where you did the infinite?

Also where are you reading the Diddy data from? Where I'm reading from is 62 frames, not that 2 frames is the biggest deal, but I'm just curious to find a better link.
it's not uploaded, but I could upload it if ppl wanted to see it. I only have game 3 where I did the infinite saved.

I'm getting it from here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290226

but I was looking at back hit, you're right the front hit says 62. I'm not sure why they'd have two different frame datas, would it have to do with which one I hit with? I'd hit with the front one against Ill so you'd be right.

Tc1 for top 5 :mario2:. He just moved to my region from NorCal and wondered why he isn't on this list when Vato is and he beats Vato lol...He doesn't post on smashboards, but I'll hype it.

And #3 :diddy: should still be Felix. Didn't he go and **** KillLock's region (Alberta?) like in April? I even found vids of it lol.

Plus Lie>>Every :diddy: outside of Felix, Adhd, and Gnes currently.

Having two people from GA on the top 5 list is weird (Especially since Lounis doesn't travel outside of GA and rarely he goes to Nc).

1) Gnes
2) Adhd
3) Felix
4) Lie
5) Player-1 or Vato (I'd put player-1 through bias of not playing Vato, but that's personal bias and I'd need to see a list of results/wins to actually compare).

:018:
Felix did win one recent tournament with killock at it (he also dropped a set against him in winners and won twice in GFs). Felix doesn't really have any results outside that to put him on the top 5. Personally from what I saw from Felix I think both me and Vato are better right now probably because he can't practice as much anymore, but I wouldn't doubt that he'd be able to get back top #3 spot if he started playing more again.

I also feel like I'm better than Lie's Diddy right now also, a couple of months ago I thought Lie was better than me, he just couldn't be on the list because of inactivity, but I think I got a lot better since then so I'd say I'm better than Lie right now.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
it's not uploaded, but I could upload it if ppl wanted to see it. I only have game 3 where I did the infinite saved.

I'm getting it from here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290226

but I was looking at back hit, you're right the front hit says 62. I'm not sure why they'd have two different frame datas, would it have to do with which one I hit with? I'd hit with the front one against Ill so you'd be right.

Felix did win one recent tournament with killock at it (he also dropped a set against him in winners and won twice in GFs). Felix doesn't really have any results outside that to put him on the top 5. Personally from what I saw from Felix I think both me and Vato are better right now probably because he can't practice as much anymore, but I wouldn't doubt that he'd be able to get back top #3 spot if he started playing more again.

I also feel like I'm better than Lie's Diddy right now also, a couple of months ago I thought Lie was better than me, he just couldn't be on the list because of inactivity, but I think I got a lot better since then so I'd say I'm better than Lie right now.
I agree. I wanna see that vid. I'm learning a couple of infinite set ups, and I'm able to pull them off in tourney consistently. I got one on TO Joe this past weekend (I got bodied 3rd stock though lol) and learned the side b --> footstool infinite one as well.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
"Wario" and "Reflex" are two very different things, thankfully. Zinoto, it requires a different input for Wario.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Posting to confirm p1 has gotten much better

Also im going to body everyone that doesnt play snake at whobo

vato_break

Smash Master
Tc1 is good but, he uses diddy/dk in tournament. he uses mario even less than i do lol

there's a good reason tc1 doesn't post, he has the biggest ego in the world lmao, the last time we played i beat him in the best of 5 set 3-1 which isn't even relevant because that was so many years ago.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Damn so many people have been levelling up recently. Guess it just takes 4 years of play for people to care enough XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom