• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 16 Facts of UK Smash

DevMBC

Smash Ace
The Top 16 Facts of UK Smash

no16
At the UK’s first official tournie TDI 1 hosted by the Doug in Blackpool, April 2004. There were ZERO English smashers. The tournament consisted of 5 Dutch, 7 Scots and The_Doug who is half English/American.

no15
There were no British tournaments between April 05 and April 06

no14
As a majority we still think sandbagging's lame, take our friendlies 180% seriously and allow camping to dominate our metagame.

no13
A dissilusioned majority of UK Smashers actually consider the UK standard to measure up to the States.

no12
The only UK Smasher to win a foreign tournament was an ex-casual-newcastle-smasher who beat Captain Jack in the finals of a French Smash64 side tournament.

no11
Our rankings are the most disputed in europe even though we are the least competitive.

no10
Jam Session 64 is still to this day the longest running competitive tourney in the history of smash. 3 Years, still unconcluded and going strong.

no9
Bach, who has recorded footage and compiled montages of smash all over the world, fastest ever released smash related film was 'The English'. The film built its foundations on Ed talking **** for an hour.

no8
The UK has never placed higher than dead last in Regional Crew battles.

no7
Wales and Northern Ireland, 2 of the 4 countries that make up the UK, have no smashers.

no6
The UK, the worst competetive country in European Smash has more active topics in the European section of SWF than any other European country.

no5
The_Doug was interviewed for the American news as a British smasher who travelled from overseas.. He spoke with a Cali accent.

no4
In 2 of the 3 previous UK tournaments, Pikachu has made 2 appearances in the grand final. Roy has featured once.

no3
London, one of the most populated cities in the world, had only 1 smasher for 3 years. He mained Mario and Game and Watch.

no2
The title holder of best British smasher for 4 years wasn't even British.

no1
A smasher from America and 2 girls from Sweden came to a UK tourney after enjoying the company of some of the guys. He spent the night in a Newcastle jail cell and the girls broke down in tears. The host and all closely involved spent the evening watching wrestling.

This compilation was brought to you by JamIndustries and RyanSocksEntertainment
Guest starring MrP-Productions

Mr P

Smash Ace
yass this thread is amazing..... i could add a lot to this thread. I probably will do so later on.

with approval

15 At the UK’s first official tournie TDI 1 hosted by the Doug in blackpool, april 2004. There were ZERO English smashers. The tournie consisted of 5 Dutch 7 Scots and The Doug who is half English/American.

16 In the three years that myself and Kone have been playing smash we have only met in tournament once at Edmas last year.

17 Outside of the Doug I am the UK’s most travelled smasher to foreign events. I’ve been to Sweden five times and The Netherlands twice

18 Grayfox used to be black and all his posts would consist of the word “son” atleast five times.

19 From the period of early 2004 till early 2005 The number of Scottish smash players far surpassed that of the English.

20 Jam5 was the first and only smasher to beat The Doug in a competitive tournament set.

21 There were no British tournaments between April 05 and April 06

COEY

Smash Lord
no14
As a majority we still think sandbagging's lame, take our friendlies 180% seriously and allow camping to dominate our metagame.
I think this is the by far the best fact. I often find myself not wanting to play freindlies against a few players just because they would take them too seriously. Freindlies are about having abit of fun. Also if someone cracks out a low tier it's not johns most of the time it's just fun.... FUN!!

Kone

Smash Master
This is by far the greatest thread ive ever read. Hats of to JamIndustries and RyanSocksEntertainment , though i ish i knew who they were :/

I like all the points. Coey actually named the worst one his favourite. I like that.

My favourite is about comp being a tit. Id like to chip in and say he hit THREE girls, one from behind and one of them was a serious diabetic. He also broke a guys nose who tried to stop comp. He spent 36 hours in a newcastle police cell. I sat at in court as his only support (at this i trhought he hadnt done anything wrong) and felt like a right mug. On leaving the station comps white shirt was covered in blood stains.

yeah, that was fun ^________________________^

ac_anon

Smash Ace
has there ever been a successful crews match at a british tourney? the only time i remember playing as "the mafia" was in sweden once

FrostByte

Smash Lord
22 - The UK has the best trash talk in the whole of Europe. This may or may not be because of the fact that English is the Standard language.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
XDDD nice vid spkz TT is not as good as us but you are most technical
AHHHHH DONT HAVE IT spKz BRO!!!!! He saying that despite ur tech prowess u still cant defeat a team with '****' in their name!!! Nahhhh that deserves a NO HOLDS BARRED CREW BATTLE AT PACMEN BJ!!!!!!!

(stir up that soup good and proper.....)

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Weird to see how much everything changes... And how much stays the same... And how much a lot more stays similar than actually evolving... Damn lol

Yeniths

East Midlands!
lol while this is true now, remember this post was made in '07

Top Bottom