• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the TKD thread

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i still get mad nervous and i must have attended about 10 tourneys now..(spread out since 09). Confidence is a big issue for me in that i dont have any. I dont feel like i can rely on my reactions...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
My persona has strongly increased recently so I've been a way more confident all around.

Also I'm free after Wednesday for about 3 months so we can get the skype chats going. My next-to-kin you better be apart of them.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
My persona has strongly increased recently so I've been a way more confident all around.

Also I'm free after Wednesday for about 3 months so we can get the skype chats going. My next-to-kin you better be apart of them.
well ill be free pretty much whenever, after next weeks exam im done so yeah.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Aight let's do this then!

Also someone show me how to make an MSN. I want to be in contact with C.R.Z., TKD (SINCE YOU DONT LIKE AIM), etc., I want to be able to reach out to anyone.

TKD

Smash Lord
....Also I'm free after Wednesday for about 3 months so we can get the skype chats going. My next-to-kin you better be apart of them.
I don't know how "Skype" works, but yeah; I'm down for some deep, spiritual Fox chatting.

By the way, I came up with a bait that ***** MK's dash options. It was already there, but I view it simplistically.
Looks like it works as (not against) every character. But we're Fox, and we ****...hard.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I don't know how "Skype" works, but yeah; I'm down for some deep, spiritual Fox chatting.

By the way, I came up with a bait that ***** MK's options into regular character-...arity.
Looks like it works as (not against) every character. But we're Fox, and we ****...hard.
I'll trade you homie. Teach me how to MSN and I'll teach you how to skype.

Also lol at the color part in quote.

Get on AIM.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i think ill need this. i want to enter lots of international tourneys and i want to win so im looking to improve alot quickly

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL you got what I was saying.

Also the person who made teach me how to dougie died by a drive-by. RIP. Cali-district lives on though and life goes on.

I feel you C.R.Z. I feel like I'm breaking my limits and improving but outside helps is more than useful and I'd like to see everyone as a whole improve.

EDIT: Why aren't you on AIM yet my next-to-kin?

Robfox

Smash Lord
@Robfox: I still get competition anxiety. And I've played Smash in tourneys since 2006. It'll always be there. Also, six tourneys is a laughable amount of experience to get over such an innate problem (it's like saying, "women get me nervous, but I've been on six dates already! I should be over it by now, shouldn't I!?").

The best you can do is keep attending. Experience and confidence are good. There are also good mentalities tu use. I like the "you're playing against a character, its options, and its limitations. whoever's controlling it is just a piece of meat, he doesn't matter". It's new and I haven't internalized it, but it works.

Anything that lets you live the moment and not think about anything but the game (for example, winning or losing and the results of that, what others are thinking, who you're facing, how good or bad you are, etc. etc.) helps a lot.

About camping, heh. There's no set, correct way to play. You can come up with more.
lol thanks I laughed @ dat
idk i'll see how I do @ COT5.........lol
@the skype thing - cant we jus do FB or oovoo -__- lol

TKD

Smash Lord
Facebook groups are ****ing perfect, Chuee. They rock.
Just look for hotmail or the messenger at msn.com, iblis.

Without any DI? That's like no DI, air-dodge as soon as possible, air-jump. Fox's usmash is only as strong as Snake's sweet-spot utilt. Without any DI, an MK dies at 90% MINIMUM. Minimum with DI and no side crash is 100% (or 99%?).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Aight go onto Skype.com it should show you how to make it LOL.

Then once you made it let me know I can add you and I'll do a quick test call if I'm awake.

TKD

Smash Lord
I have to download it. It's a program. I have no webcam either. I have no incentive to make a skype account. Fox is broken.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Find a better position, try sitting in a chair, or face away from your computer that'll probably help. Why you hatin?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You're killing me my next-to-kin. I can't win them all though. I'll reach out to you though I'll make a MSN.

I know AC. I was just messing with him.

TKD

Smash Lord
Fox is so good, it makes no sense. He really is a character that should be winning a lot of tournaments.
Does our dash usmash reach Falco's air-break? And Snake's?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
the problem is that, players in general suck and fox is actually hard to use...

TKD

Smash Lord
Pika's mediocre, though. Fox with handicap 50 or whichever secondary will be good enough.
Difficulty to learn a character is irrelevant. It's obvious that people just don't like Fox for some reason.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm looking forward to developing my fox now :) he does seem surprisingly low from the videos i've seen and my own experiences...i don't get it o.o

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Pika's mediocre, though. Fox with handicap 50 or whichever secondary will be good enough.
Difficulty to learn a character is irrelevant. It's obvious that people just don't like Fox for some reason.
difficulty has alot to do with it. People dont want to invest time in a character like fox when they can invest half the time and reach a similar level in a different one. They especially dont want to invest time in fox if they dont understand the character too, lots of times have risen where a good player has told me fox is a bad character.

TKD

Smash Lord
Everyone will allow handicap eventually. There's absolutely no reason not to.
I thought Fox was bad in 2008. There's a reason I could main-switch from MK.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
do we honestly need a handicap though? i can only think of ice climbers haha

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wario: -1

GaW: +2

Marth: 0

dedede : +1

peach: 0

diddy: 0

tlink:+1

olimar: 0

TKD what's your opinion on these? About the same?

Top Bottom