• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tier List was released today

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Metaknight
Snake
King DDD
Mr G&W
Falco
ROB

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
DK
Diddy
Pikachu
IC
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zamus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Cptn. Falcon

LOW!?!?

Discuss.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
nooo!! lucas is bottem tier!!! porqueeeee!!!! well there goes half the lucas players *rip* "here lies the meta game of lucas" >_<

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
yeah that's about where I'd put him. Not sure about some of the others though.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
that makes me sad :(
now less people will use Lucas :( that means Lucas' metagame won't improve, or at least improve sloooowly :(
i bet the Lucas players who participated in those tournaments suck XD :(
at least G&W is Top :)

Veril

Frame Savant
Below sheik? Ouch! For the time being, I'm going to think of this as culling the weak from the Lucas herd.

I think placement will change for the better as Lucas develops. If it doesn't, I'll still play him because he is blond, adorable and psychic; like myself. That was 1/3 true. Also, if I jump at the exact same time as I insult people on the internet, I get sent flying through the air. Sweet, no?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucas's metagame doesn't have all that many places to go. Most things have been discovered most likely and the rest will be who can best apply it. Lucas has a ton of awful matchups. He deserves to be low tier. That doesn't mean you can't win with him. It just means you'd have a much easier time using Metaknight or Snake because fundamentally they are better characters. You can argue this if you want but it means nothing unless you can consistently beat the best players using their top tier characters in tournament settings.

Veril

Frame Savant
lucas is low tier
MY lucas is high tier.
This list means nothing to me
Bad***

That's the attitude I hope people have. The fact that he is placed low will just mean losing to Lucas will be extra emasculating. I love that word...

Nothing will ever be as emasculating as losing to pichuu though. He should be an alternate CF costume.

Veril

Frame Savant
Lucas's metagame doesn't have all that many places to go. Most things have been discovered most likely and the rest will be who can best apply it. Lucas has a ton of awful matchups. He deserves to be low tier.
Learning how to apply the things we've discovered is a pretty big step. I wouldn't say that Lucas is top or even high, but he is not below Sheik. Actually using all the wacky crap available to Lucas would put him in mid-tier I feel. Currently, I agree that he should be low or in the bottom of middle.

You've had this opinion all along so at least you won't be switching mains... right?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Of course I'm not switching. I **** with Lucas. I just have metaknight as my secondary because he's fun to play as and he takes care of pretty much anyone I can't handle consistently with Lucas.

Levitas

the moon
This tier list is pretty ok. To my knoledge nobody in the smash back room plays lucas, and only like 2 play ness.

That said, lucas is either low or mid. We've known that for months.

spictacular_19892007

Smash Rookie
This tier list is EPIC FAIL, at least from the middle to low. Ive played against friends and cousins using lucas (and trust me their good) and they are certain that lucas is definitely not low tier.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
tiers don exitsss

lucas will still be my go-to secondary in tournys

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Why do ANY of the Lucas players care where he is on the tier list? Anyone hoping he would be high tier obviously wasn't reading these forums too closely, and anyone who thinks he IS high tier is obviously
having success w/ him anyway, and shouldn't worry about it.

Anyone who shies away from Lucas because he isn't top tier just doesn't want to spend the extra effort. I'm here to say that the extra effort is going to be made. Levitas is right. Nobody here should be "shocked" at Lucas' spot on the list (although I think some of the slots are skewed, but I'm only one guy here). This is merely a label that states Lucas' matchups and tournament performance overall.

I played a tournament a few days ago and got second place out of almost ninety people. It was done in sets and Lucas was my leader on all sets but the finals (since I'm scared of GaW) and he earned me the victory in all but 3 or 4 of my games. Other than one game where I played a Ganondorf and two games where I played Bwett's Yoshi, I played against characters that are higher than Lucas on this list.

Anyone who abandons Lucas because of this news can jump into a pile of broken glass.
Anyone who underestimates Lucas because of this news can jump into a pile of broken glass.
Anyone who thinks Lucas' metagame is shot by this news can jump into a pile of broken glass.
Anyone who ignores Lucas because of this news can jump into a pile of broken glass.

Lucas' seat on the low tier is not the end of the world. It is merely an opportunity to look at Lucas' weaknesses and shortcomings, and to do our best to work around and overcome them.

In Nora's words:

Lucas is low tier.
MY lucas is high tier.
This list means nothing to me.
Who's with me!?!?

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Lucas has a lot ATs, but most people are afraid to use them, that's why his metagame doesn't evolve. I would say that i'm the only one that use magnet pull as an attack. Thundersliding will hit like 80% of the time, and 100% to people that haven't seen the technique. Zap Jump makes Lucas recovery almost "ungimped". Lucas has some bad match ups, but at the same time has good match ups like DDD, Ike, Wario and Bowser, placed above Lucas.
He deserves more.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Lucas has a lot ATs, but most people are afraid to use them, that's why his metagame doesn't evolve. I would say that i'm the only one that use magnet pull as an attack. Thundersliding will hit like 80% of the time, and 100% to people that haven't seen the technique. Zap Jump makes Lucas recovery almost "ungimped". Lucas has some bad match ups, but at the same time has good match ups like DDD, Ike, Wario and Bowser, placed above Lucas.
He deserves more.
I actually use magnet pull as an attack too, and I agree with what you say about lucas' placement. I am not saying that lucas is a top tier character by any means. im saying that he deserves a bit better than just top of low tier

Veril

Frame Savant
He deserves more.
Lucas has so many more ATs than are listed. Seriously, I'm gonna make a thread for them (beyond just zapjump stuff...). The "comprehensive guide" is not at all comprehensive. Also, these won't really be put to use unless b-sticking becomes more common.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Why do ANY of the Lucas players care where he is on the tier list? Anyone hoping he would be high tier obviously wasn't reading these forums too closely, and anyone who thinks he IS high tier is obviously
having success w/ him anyway, and shouldn't worry about it.

Anyone who shies away from Lucas because he isn't top tier just doesn't want to spend the extra effort. I'm here to say that the extra effort is going to be made. Levitas is right. Nobody here should be "shocked" at Lucas' spot on the list (although I think some of the slots are skewed, but I'm only one guy here). This is merely a label that states Lucas' matchups and tournament performance overall.

I played a tournament a few days ago and got second place out of almost ninety people. It was done in sets and Lucas was my leader on all sets but the finals (since I'm scared of GaW) and he earned me the victory in all but 3 or 4 of my games. Other than one game where I played a Ganondorf and two games where I played Bwett's Yoshi, I played against characters that are higher than Lucas on this list.

Anyone who abandons Lucas because of this news can jump into a pile of broken glass.
Anyone who underestimates Lucas because of this news can jump into a pile of broken glass.
Anyone who thinks Lucas' metagame is shot by this news can jump into a pile of broken glass.
Anyone who ignores Lucas because of this news can jump into a pile of broken glass.

Lucas' seat on the low tier is not the end of the world. It is merely an opportunity to look at Lucas' weaknesses and shortcomings, and to do our best to work around and overcome them.

In Nora's words:

Who's with me!?!?

I am:)
U remind me of me...lol
I always try to look on the bright side and convince people how good Lucas is.
Good to know that Im not the only one:)
I even posted alot of threads to make the Lucas boards alive(even useless ones...lol)
I really dont agree with this tier list:(
Ike above Lucas???
I like Ike and everything, he is even one of my mains, but I dont think he is as good as Lucas....Maybe we should ask Azen, Ninja Link, M2K, or any other pro to just try out Lucas to see how they like him. Who knows they might main him and win some tournaments.
I will try to help too, alot players have said my Lucas is a beast and one of the best they have seen(I doubt that...lol)But there is no big tournies here jus small ones so idk...lol

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I am:)
U remind me of me...lol
I always try to look on the bright side and convince people how good Lucas is.
Good to know that Im not the only one:)
I even posted alot of threads to make the Lucas boards alive(even useless ones...lol)
I really dont agree with this tier list:(
Ike above Lucas???
I like Ike and everything, he is even one of my mains, but I dont think he is as good as Lucas....Maybe we should ask Azen, Ninja Link, M2K, or any other pro to just try out Lucas to see how they like him. Who knows they might main him and win some tournaments.
I will try to help too, alot players have said my Lucas is a beast and one of the best they have seen(I doubt that...lol)But there is no big tournies here jus small ones so idk...lol
And that's all we need to focus on, the good attitude.

Sure, it would be quicker if some brawl demi-God would stand up and take Lucas for a spin. But what would it prove? Hooray Lucas is high tier after all? We don't NEED anyone else to step up to the plate and show the world that our character is high tier. As the people who truly main and want their Lucas(es?) to succeed, it is our place to test his limits. I'll be ****** if we enlist the help of someone else for the sole purpose of giving Lucas a certificate of "I can win lotsa tourneys, lulz"

I'm not interested in giving Lucas this label. I'm interested in proving that Lucas can be competitive and he can be a winner, no matter what tier he sits on.

...and that will make victory ALL the sweeter. OMG this gai wun w/ teh lucas, omg hes low teeer, shw33t.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
That Tier list is crap. Low and High tier are way too big. While I do believe Lucas is mid-tier material, he's better in low beacuse I get to laugh in the face of a marth or snake who thnks they have an auto win and lose. Priceless.

SlitMyMemories

Smash Rookie
i laugh at this tier list.i think lucas has an advantage on mk.and pokemon trainer shud be high tier,i find it easier to fight against mks with ivy.ivy should be god tier,his bullet seed just ***** everyone! :D

PCHU

Smash Lord
I like this tier list.
It just givers us more reasons to laugh in people's faces as we dominate tourneys.
Well, as YOU GUYS dominate....
There aren't any around me.
I HAVE CHECKED.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
This placement does not surprise me at all.
It is well deserved and makes sense.
Not saying I like it necessarily, but hey who does lol.

Of course, it can still be overcome/changed over time by those who overcome.

Be the one who overcomes.
Never give up.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Take it from Link players......

When you beat your opponent, it makes it all the more embarrassing.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Ok, now that I'm done tantrumming, here's what i think:

Honestly, I think Lucas and Shiek could switch places

Star Lucas

Smash Cadet
haha....that's a bad list. How's olimar higher ranked then lucas? I thought olimar was the hardest character to use. Someone said ppl need to put some effort to use lucas; well, ppl need to put MORE effort to use olimar. You have master the pikmin and recover techs. Ehh...I'm done rambling...

Top Bottom