• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The things you don't get in life.

vepix

Smash Cadet
I just want to see if anyone doesn't get anything.

Is there anything you don't get in life? Not like, "I want that" or, "I need to get that" but like, "I don't get how pi is 3.14". In this thread, let's share our thoughts about stuff we don't get. And if you know the answer to something someone doesn't get, feel free to tell them.

I'll start.

I don't get why your breath stinks when you wake up in the morning.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
This is going to be a good thread.

I'm not sure how to answer the bad breath question.

I don't get the phrase "Catch you on the flipside." What does that mean? If things are good why do you want to catch someone on the bad side? If it means the afterlife than why would you want to die? People always say this when things are good so I don't get what this is suppose to mean. If things were bad than I'd understand the phrase as "I'll see you when things are good."

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
I don't get when you eat corn, chew it, and digest it, it comes out as full sized kernels in your ****. It like puts itself back together befor you **** it out.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
Bacteria grows on your teeth while you sleep. I don't understand why people want to be "gangsta". I can't see any appeal to being uneducated and in jail.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I don't get when you eat corn, chew it, and digest it, it comes out as full sized kernels in your ****. It like puts itself back together befor you **** it out.
It can't put itself back together. The ones that come out like that are ones that were not (completely) chewed.
Corn (like many plants) is made mostly of cellulose, which the human body can't digest. If a kernel is not chewed or broken down before swallowing, your digestive tract won't be able to digest it. So it comes out looking the same way it did going in.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
This is going to be a good thread.

I'm not sure how to answer the bad breath question.

I don't get the phrase "Catch you on the flipside." What does that mean? If things are good why do you want to catch someone on the bad side? If it means the afterlife than why would you want to die? People always say this when things are good so I don't get what this is suppose to mean. If things were bad than I'd understand the phrase as "I'll see you when things are good."
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=catch you on the flip side

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Call me a hippie.
Blaine is too cool to be a hippie.

Humans are selfish, and want more and more land and other things to themselves or a select group, thus they wage war.
Also, Religions cause it as well. That's just my tl;dr version of a gigantic wall of text.

My question:
Why are people generally so annoyed by the nails-on-the-chalkboard sound?

Smash Journeyman
That sound bugs me because I always imagine your fingernails getting ripped off. ugghhh.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't understand why people accept the life they are pretty much forced to live.

I mean governments are great and all but humans are born and bred to live life the way they are told and there is no way of escaping that.

Because of the existence of money etc we have to work,why can we just do stuff because we want to,not because we have to.

**** the lack of ideal society!(I'm drunk so you should probably ignore this)

Smash Master
The idea in a capitalist society is that your standard of living is equal to what you produce. If you want to do only fun things all day, that's your business, but you might only be able to afford a nice cardboard box.

I don't get why our legal system treats mental/emotional pain and physical pain so differently. I can call you every ethnic slur and profane word I've ever heard, but if you turn around and flick my ear, you're the one giving me money in court. Why is this?

BBQTV

Smash Master
i dont get why i keep getting banned from the OTL zam

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I don't get how entry-level jobs that pay under $30k per year expect you to have 4 - 8 years experience. How do I get experience if the entry-level requires experience? Yeah, most expect you to do volunteer work, but they ALSO expect you to have a degree. After you graduate is when you need money the most.

altairian

Smash Lord
yay nicotine.

I really dont know why it isnt banned from cigarettes. Its the sole reason people cant quit.
...it's the sole reason people smoke cigarettes in the first place.

What I don't get is why people give the Octomom attention. She's an awful parent and a really stupid person, take her kids away already!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Bacteria grows on your teeth while you sleep.
Not quite. Most of the smell is actually coming from the tongue, not the teeth. The reasons are the same though.

I don't understand why people want to be "gangsta". I can't see any appeal to being uneducated and in jail.
I agree with this. Why would people want to look/act threatening or intimidating? I really can't understand that

Also, how can people just kill each other. I mean isn't it obvious that you shouldn't just do it?

:059:

POKE40

Smash Lord
i dont get why quiting smoking is soooooo hard.
It is the brain.
Everything psychological is biological.

(Problem: Nicotine.)

People find it hard to quit smoking because it pleasures them to do it (It is something in the brain called dopamine.) Dopamine is like your happy buttons.
(Nicotine releases the Dopamine)

There are different levels of being "addicted to something"

Experimental (using it first time)
Occasional (taking it occasionally)
Abuse (self-explanatory)
___________ (this is the line of no return)
Loss of control:
Addiction.

You can't return back by yourself.
You will need therapy to quit.

In order to quit one needs to go through the stages of change:
1)Pre-Contemplation
2)Contemplation
3)Preparation
4)Action
5) Maintenance

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Hmmm...
(was tempted to make a sexist joke...but refrained.)

Uhmmm...
Why do people hate for stupid stupid reasons? It's ruined many a friendship and most of my gradeschool life (4(?) years ago LOL) for me.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Uhmmm...
Why do people hate for stupid stupid reasons? It's ruined many a friendship and most of my gradeschool life (4(?) years ago LOL) for me.
Because it is much easier to find iniquities or problems with others than it is to admit we are. It is always someones fault, yet never our own.

I don't get why people don't think you're cool if you don't play a sport.

Peeze

Smash Master
I don't get how entry-level jobs that pay under $30k per year expect you to have 4 - 8 years experience. How do I get experience if the entry-level requires experience? Yeah, most expect you to do volunteer work, but they ALSO expect you to have a degree. After you graduate is when you need money the most.
Had the same problem my friend.

I don't get why Paris Hilton is famous. what has she done?

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
So you don't get jumped. Or because you're in a gang and you want to show it. "Oh yeah I go hard."

Just a guess.
Those are different people. They were born in a bad neiborhood. I'm talking about priviladged kids who dress and try to act like they're from the getto.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
I don't get the platypus. Or why giraffes have horns.
The platypus evolved to suit its needs or creationism is correct and The Lord built it for giggles. For giraffes I say the second part of my first question is a better answer because there is no need for them to have them since their kicks are stronger.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I dont get why tv shows these days have cheesy plots

@highfive dude remember platypii, or platypuses, or platypeople can also be secret agents trying to save the worl from evil. So dont critizice it, theyre the reason why some loony doesnt rule the world

Top Bottom