• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| The Tempest | A QLD Major Tournament | See latest post for a Montage :3

I am interested in attending 'The Tempest'

• Total voters

Sieg

Smash Champion
Can't reply, but must post about how awesome this is.

You post back and then I'll screenshot it.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
It's a possibility.

I'm feeling pretty enthused about Brawl again at the moment. Have had mates around for sparring sessions but it just hasn't been enough. Needs to be said I'm probably a little rusty, my Sonic needs to do his stretches before battling these days.
If I do come, you owe me an epic Sonic/Diddy brawl.. it's been a long time coming.
Anyway, this w/e at work I'll see if I can get the day off, but nothing is certain at this stage.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
THOUGHT: how would everyone feel about us DORF's holding DORF OFF's as a free side tourney at major tournaments like SQUAT/Tempest as long as it didn't interfere with the regular events. That would give the opportunity for more players (possibly including interstates) to compete. A lot of interstate players have already shown interest in having some Ganon dittos with us at Robocop.

EDIT: discuss in Ganon thread if you're interested

Sirias

Smash Champion
1 cheeseburger in your mouth is nothing, holy ****.
It's just like what Zac said, it's a small pancake.
I think I could eat all of the 2nd Maccas challenge, but the drinks, man...
I couldn't even finish 1, I hate them so much...
Ffffuuu-...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You'll want to go to Brisbane air port. I think the money you might save going to GC will be destroyed by train fares and what not. Brisbane is just easier in general.

Where are you flying in from?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I'm flying in from Seoul. I'm trying to see how long it takes to fly from here and how much.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh wow.
Will you just happen to be here on Holiday?

Either way, if you're serious feel free to PM me. I can help you with information regarding getting to the venue. If you need accommodation we could either organise someone to host you, or I'd suggest staying somewhere in Brisbane city and using public transport to get to the venue.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's nothing concrete yet, but with my work schedule the only places I'll be able to smash are in Korea, Japan, and maybe Australia even if I take a sick day, so I'm trying to see what I can do.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
1 cheeseburger in your mouth is nothing, holy ****.
It's just like what Zac said, it's a small pancake.
I think I could eat all of the 2nd Maccas challenge, but the drinks, man...
I couldn't even finish 1, I hate them so much...
Ffffuuu-...
Specifically order water? That isn't cheating right?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm American and the job+pay here is nice too.

The only problem is the lack of vacation days and the weird way our management handles things. There's a reason why Korea was ranked as the hardest working country in the OECD.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
OMG! I might be able to attend yet! There is still hope! Im leaving the country on the 5th, just in time. Still no confirmations yet though.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Shakespeare's play "The Tempest".

In a nutshell it's about some dude who gets angry about being exiled to an island by his brother so he conjures a storm to get back at him.

Hopefully the Game Traders Mall tournament will be our last stab at hyping this and getting a good number of people.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Come city on Sunday. I have to give you your Arcade stick back and it's double dollars.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Friend and I are officially keen for this tourney. Haven't asked work yet though.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
DJKaion is awesome so I'll probably turn up for this now.

@ The Dorfs - I'm very interested in the Dorf off idea, make it happppppppen. ^_^
Or I at least want FFA's with Ganon only.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Soon I'm gonna start a Crew Battles @ Tempest thread.

Each day I want ONE crew battle. Brawl day 1, Melee Day 2.

You guys should decide what the two teams should be. QLD Vs All-Stars or Bris Vs. GC (With Draft picks).

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
That would work for brawl but QLD melee crew would wipe the floor with the all-stars judging by interstate attendance so far... well, from what I know of anyway. Not really sure if many interstaters are coming.

@Nova: Yeh, we'll have a few ffa's when you're up here. I'm interested in playing other ganons. I hope you're coming up as well Luke.

Top Bottom