• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

Sariku

Smash Master
I was thinking that too, :o
Two lists, one for each. That's what I'm going to do. You can have the same player on both lists, of course.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My list will be pretty off since I've only seen 5 seasons... I really want to watch as many seasons as I can... Are there any websites that has some of them that any of you know of?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
There's a guy that has all the reality stuff you could probably want, but I'm not going to direct link here. I can PM you it if you want. I think Sariku knows who I'm talking about too.

Oh, also, my lists minus explanations (which can give later if want)

(lists in no order)

Gameplay:

1. Fairplay
2. Rob C
3. Sandra
4. Chris
5. Tom W.
6. Ken H
7. Todd
8. Danni
9. Rafe
10. Cirie

Entertainment:

1. Coach
2. Jonathan Penner
3. Fairplay
4. Greg Buis
5. Sandra
6. Crystal
7. Courtney Y
8. Shane
9. Rudy
10. Rob C

Sariku

Smash Master
so I'll be up until two in the morning... Q_Q At least I can watch HvV while I'm doing this crap. fml.
Livewire: Opinion on China, which is in my top 5 best seasons, maybe top 3, MAYBE 1 (but I hate Amanda...). SHOOT.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Really good solid season with only real duds in the cast being Aaron, Denise and kind of Erik. Was disappointed that Ashley and Dave didn't make it further, and wasn't a fan of Sherea at all, but it was a nice likable season that actually seemed sort of like the opposite of PI in a sense. While Pearl Islands was both old-school and new-school, it was with an old-school feel, while China is both of those with a new-school feel.

Sariku

Smash Master
China was just so. hardcore. Soooooo many likable people. Many of the people from China were brought back into other seasons. The infamous James moment. It was just so clean. It had a type of mood about it that always struck me as awesome. though I think it starts off kinda slow. the tribal swap is when I get really into it, and don't even mention the merge<3

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Watching Borneo for the first time I'm really surprised at how much the game has changed. One thing that's obvious from the get go is that these contestants are... REAL people. Not just a bunch of hot studs out there that look good. I actually have a connection with a lot of these people. When I compare this cast to Nicaragua, it makes most of the Nicaragua contestants just look like a bunch of superficial models.

Oh and Hatch is freaking amazing. He has amazing social skills and he's very fun to watch. No wonder he's hogging up most of the air time.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Borneo has so many real people in it and many of them are great characters. I mean Greg/Colleen/Sue/Rudy/Gretchen/Rich/Kelly were all good, and the only possible duds were BB and Dirk. I should also point out, that at the first Tribal Council the members of Pagong attend, Greg and Colleen BOTH vote for Probst, even though the episode obviously doesn't show it.

Sariku

Smash Master
Yeah, Borneo has so many real people in it and many of them are great characters. I mean Greg/Colleen/Sue/Rudy/Gretchen/Rich/Kelly were all good, and the only possible duds were BB and Dirk. I should also point out, that at the first Tribal Council the members of Pagong attend, Greg and Colleen BOTH vote for Probst, even though the episode obviously doesn't show it.
I never heard this. Where did you hear this? X]

I WILL post this list tonight. Something, uh. came up. :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If I remember right, it was in Mark Burnett's book that he wrote about Borneo. And although I'm not sure, I think the two of them might have done it in their second TC as well. But there are so many subtle ways about them being geniuses that it's crazy. I mean, Greg running the tribe with a coconut phone? Whoa, lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, it was the first season, they hadn't put down a bunch of clear rules on things yet. I mean, they had to ring a gong on the way into TC, and a one Tribal had to hold a conch shell to speak for crying out loud.

Probst himself even admitted that they had no planned tiebreaker at that stage and that if a tie were to occur they'd keep re-voting until somebody changed their mind.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Greg and Colleen BOTH vote for Probst
CRAP I told myself if I ever got onto Survivor I would be the first one to vote for Probst... I thought I would be the first, but it was already done on the FIRST season??? :urg:

EDIT: Wow does Probst not age or something? He looks exactly the same in Borneo as he does now.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, it was the first season, they hadn't put down a bunch of clear rules on things yet. I mean, they had to ring a gong on the way into TC, and a one Tribal had to hold a conch shell to speak for crying out loud.

Probst himself even admitted that they had no planned tiebreaker at that stage and that if a tie were to occur they'd keep re-voting until somebody changed their mind.
That's some really awesome trivia, thanks for sharing it, Livey! It's so awesome to see how Survivor has changed over the years.

CRAP I told myself if I ever got onto Survivor I would be the first one to vote for Probst... I thought I would be the first, but it was already done on the FIRST season??? :urg:

EDIT: Wow does Probst not age or something? He looks exactly the same in Borneo as he does now.
Because Probst is probably the best looking man alive, :]
/no homo.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just finished watching it online. That was one HELL of an episode...

The moment when the group confessed to Jane that they were voting her out was just flat out brutal. I could feel Jane's eyes glaring me down in disappointment. You could also see how uncomfortable the 3 were when giving her the news... What a classic Survivor moment. That must have been rough for Chase.

Sariku

Smash Master
Last nights episode was AWESOME! Jane definitely redeemed herself to me, <3
Though they are ****ing stupid for not taking their three votes and putting them against Holly. I mean, for Dan especially. He will be next out, I can't see how he could possibly win immunity. (though stranger things have happened) Instead of taking fifth place, why not take a 1/3 chance at getting into final three? There would of been a 2/3 chance it would of been Jane or Dan. He had a 1/3 chance of going home, a 1/3 chance of going home 5th still, or a 1/3 chance at making final three.

But those three... :/
Why would you ever vote for Sash, Jane, ugh.

So I WILL get to that list, I swear it, but ti's a LOT harder than I thought. Something that crossed my mind though was Heroes VS. Villains. I took my shot at a fantasy HvV team that was realistic, only swapping out just a few of the players. I think this would of made it more interesting:

Heroes:
JT, James, Colby, Tom, Rupert
Amanda, Cirie, Stephanie, Sugar, Shambo.

I mean, who likes Candice, really? She didn't do anything in her original season except flip. But so did Penner, so what about him? :/ The five males they chose probably ARE the best realistic five they could of chosen, though I realized there are SOOOO many more males from seasons past I'd LOVE to see on a Heroes tribe. Yul, Terry, and Aras are PRIME examples of people I think would of been really fun to watch again.

Villains:
Boston Rob, Russell, Coach, Todd Herzog, Shane Powers
Parvati, Sandra, Jerri, Corrine, Courtney

I know it unbalances the amount of winners, but I think Todd was a really good personality in China. I also know that would give a LOT of China influence into the total cast of HvV, but they can't help it if they made a really damn good season. Shane Powers, we all know the story. He was supposed to be in HvV, but then when Russell did what he did in Samoa, they gave him the shaft. Shane was soooo entertaining, I think he would of been perfect. Almost makes me wish Russell wasn't there, :p

I love Tyson, LOVE him, but I had to get rid of him for the list. He was entertaining and a smartass, but he didn't really do anything villainous. Shaft him for Todd and Randy for Shane.

For the girls, I could only really think of Corrine. I wanted to say Natalie, from Micronesia, but I do know that's a lot of people who know each other that could potentially run the game. But Corrine was mean. They chose Randy so they could hype up the Sugar/Randy fued if it came down to it, but Corrine was still nasty to Sugar too. I think she'd of been a much better pick than Danielle, (though I find it hard to say that because I love Danielle. She's physical, entertaining, and absolutely gorgeous.)

Opinions?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
My thought for HvV has always been that Sugar was much more of a villain, and Shamu on the Heroes would be disgusting even if interesting since she would've totally been against Russhole this time.

I've always figured Kenny should've replaced Randy.

Also Sariku, in response to your bracket thing.

Looking back on it, it actually made no sense, ESPECIALLY for Dan, for him to force a tie. It was essentially a given that Chase and Sash were going to use their Idols, I mean they practically said they would. In the case of a tie vote, the two people with the most votes are Immune, and everybody else draws rocks. Holly and Jane would be safe from it as per the vote thing, Sash/Chase would be safe from it per their HII's, and Fabio would be safe from it as per winning Immunity. Therefore who does that leave as the ONLY person drawing rocks and able to be sent home? Dan. By tying the vote, Dan would've guaranteed himself a 100% chance of going home. Also, I think this episode Sash and Chase have ruined entirely any chance either of them ever had of winning if they make it that far. I mean, if the F3 they want of Sash/Chase/Holly goes through, then both Sash and Chase have certainly lost Fabio, Dan, and Jane's votes. And by losing Dan's, they'd be losing Marty's, which means for locked votes for Holly, and I don't think it would be hard for her to get one more by any means.

Sariku

Smash Master
My thought for HvV has always been that Sugar was much more of a villain, and Shamu on the Heroes would be disgusting even if interesting since she would've totally been against Russhole this time.

I've always figured Kenny should've replaced Randy.

Also Sariku, in response to your bracket thing.

Looking back on it, it actually made no sense, ESPECIALLY for Dan, for him to force a tie. It was essentially a given that Chase and Sash were going to use their Idols, I mean they practically said they would. In the case of a tie vote, the two people with the most votes are Immune, and everybody else draws rocks. Holly and Jane would be safe from it as per the vote thing, Sash/Chase would be safe from it per their HII's, and Fabio would be safe from it as per winning Immunity. Therefore who does that leave as the ONLY person drawing rocks and able to be sent home? Dan. By tying the vote, Dan would've guaranteed himself a 100% chance of going home. Also, I think this episode Sash and Chase have ruined entirely any chance either of them ever had of winning if they make it that far. I mean, if the F3 they want of Sash/Chase/Holly goes through, then both Sash and Chase have certainly lost Fabio, Dan, and Jane's votes. And by losing Dan's, they'd be losing Marty's, which means for locked votes for Holly, and I don't think it would be hard for her to get one more by any means.
Oh, would the two highest of really been immune? I didn't think of that, but yeah, you're right. Nevermind >_<

About HvV, Smash fanboys can't really talk, x]. I tried to find space for Kenny, but Shane was going to be on it and Todd would of been crazy to watch along with Russell AND Rob. And you know it.

I can't think of someone more heroic than Sugar, she was no villain. All she wanted was good for her tribe. She didn't care if she won, as long as someone she loved did.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sugar thinking she had any right to be the moral compass for what's "good" after she acted like a spoiled princess and stole everybody's bags without the permission to make that awful dress into and of itself makes her a villain. That and her deciding that she has any right to determine who "deserves" to win the game. You know who you should be playing for to win? Yourself. If you're not and are playing to make sure you lose to someone knowingly, you're disrespecting the game immensely and that's quite villainous.

Sariku

Smash Master
Then I'll think of it this way: No matter your opinion on Sugar, she wouldn't of made it a moment on the Villains tribe. There isn't a girl on that tribe who I could ever see reasonably swapping out for Sugar, or a Gabonese Hero to place on the Heroes.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I know she wouldn't have made it a moment on the Villains tribe. But I guess that's redundant since she far from lasted on the Heroes tribe as it is.

Sariku

Smash Master
I also don't think Ken should come back. I love him, obviously, but his last two episodes were horrible. I felt like I was watching Yau Man beg Dreamz all over again, except Ken couldn't let it go.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Actually, I'm pretty sure Ken came out of that whole "give me Immunity" debacle a lot better than Bob did. I mean seriously, Bob is the only winner in history to flat out say "I didn't play the game". Ken KNEW that Bob was never going to give him Immunity and that he would be an idiot to do so, but all he ever asked for in order to vote Bob was for Bob to just be a man and admit that because of game, he was never going to give it up and that he outsmarted Ken. That was all.

Sariku

Smash Master
Actually, I'm pretty sure Ken came out of that whole "give me Immunity" debacle a lot better than Bob did. I mean seriously, Bob is the only winner in history to flat out say "I didn't play the game". Ken KNEW that Bob was never going to give him Immunity and that he would be an idiot to do so, but all he ever asked for in order to vote Bob was for Bob to just be a man and admit that because of game, he was never going to give it up and that he outsmarted Ken. That was all.
But everyone already respected Bob more than they did Ken. The more Ken brought it up, even though Bob was in the wrong, it just made Ken look worse and worse.

And if I were Bob, I'd of done the same thing, :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, don't get me wrong, if I was Bob I never would've even thought of actually going through on that promise unless I had the real HII, which was impossible then. If I WAS Bob though, I would've certainly said something like "I didn't give you the necklace because I knew that if I gave it up to you, I would be voted out. It wasn't in my best interest from a strategy standpoint to put trust in somebody's promise at that point in the game, when Immunity was guaranteed." bam, jury vote there. Bob could've easily won 5-2-0, instead of winning a 4-3-0 where Randy came THIS CLOSE to voting for Susie.

Sariku

Smash Master
If Susie would of won... Q_Q
I agree, I wouldn't of ever made that promise, at least not without voting Ken out before the day came. Give him a false sense of security so he wouldn't try to vote me out.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hey Sariku, when was transcribing the Voting Video, I noticed some things, and did some digging and found out some rumours that might interest you. Don't think it's spoiler, but using tags to be safe.

Jane (votes Sash): You can lie all you want to- *gets cut off by a sudden camera change to her folding the vote from above...odd*

Sash (votes Jane): You're a classy southern lady, but what you pulled today at camp and at Tribal is utterly disgusting- *he gets cut off the same way too, I smell controversy *

Apparently, Jane accused Sash of trying to bribe her for her jury vote by saying that if she voted for him to win, he'd pay for her mortgage. The producers stopped TC and discussed it, but there was no video proof so they couldn't do anything. Though apparently both Sash/Jane mentioned it in their voting bit, so it was cut out. If true, no way is Sash going to ever get invited back, especially since if they caught it on film he'd have been removed from the game.

Top Bottom