• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Welp, nothing for us in the anouncement after all.
:p

I really want Fourside to make a return in the upcoming Smash Direct!!! And give it a ton of good music too. Of course they'd put the original Fourside theme from Melee back in, but what other tracks from EarthBound would everyone want if Fourside came back?

I'll take pretty much anything really, as long as it's a song that you hear a whole lot (like how when you're in the different towns, you get that town's theme). So maybe a Twoson theme for example. Dang that'd be good...and maybe put Paula's Theme in with it, like the Onett/Winters Theme on Onett. Dunno if they'd put in Threed's theme. If they did, they'd have to mix the Infested Threed theme and the Threed Free At Last theme to make it fit the stage, I think.

Last edited:

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
:p

I really want Fourside to make a return in the upcoming Smash Direct!!! And give it a ton of good music too. Of course they'd put the original Fourside theme from Melee back in, but what other tracks from EarthBound would everyone want if Fourside came back?

I'll take pretty much anything really, as long as it's a song that you hear a whole lot (like how when you're in the different towns, you get that town's theme). So maybe a Twoson theme for example. Dang that'd be good...and maybe put Paula's Theme in with it, like the Onett/Winters Theme on Onett. Dunno if they'd put in Threed's theme. If they did, they'd have to mix the Infested Threed theme and the Threed Free At Last theme to make it fit the stage, I think.
Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot about the smash direct. I meant the one that was yesterday, the Minecraft for Wii U one.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot about the smash direct. I meant the one that was yesterday, the Minecraft for Wii U one.
I know what you meant. I'm just hoping for Fourside in the Smash Direct, which we still don't have a day for...which makes me upset. >:-(

Last edited:

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
Hey all,

I'm a Ness main from Alberta Canada that goes by the tag Ashley or Kurtle. I was wondering if you guys have a Skype group or FB chat I could join to discuss MU's, and just other Ness things?

Thanks

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I am speechless after that scene. Ana is flipping brave. Just, wow. Right in the feels. I think I'm gonna call it a day after that.
Shows that even if a game is dated, it can still deliver.

Glad you're enjoying it!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Shows that even if a game is dated, it can still deliver.

Glad you're enjoying it!
Ya. I haven't been able to play it since then but that was just amazing. I absolutely love when a game this quirky finds time to put in a moment like that, as well as a huge choice for the main character to make (which I of course said yes to). It's so serious all of the sudden but afterwards it goes back to its quirkiness and you're left pretty happy for the rest of the game.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Since we were on the talk about stages coming to Smash on the 15th from EarthBound, I want either one of the "Your Sanctuary" locations filled with the Sanctuary Guardians, or a normal location in EarthBound like Threed, I'd actually go as far as to say the last location of the game where you travel to the time where everything is deserted because of Porky and Giygas AND with the Sanctuary Guardians on the stage. Really, it's a shame Nintendo doesn't want people to see what EarthBound is, even Magicant for the 3DS doesn't even represent EarthBound as a whole. If people saw what EarthBound has in terms of settings, enemies, songs and plot, they would probably get more sales for EarthBound on the VC or physical copy for SNES.

Another thing, they should cross-DLC Magicant like they did with the Duck Hunt stage, bring it to Wii U in HD. It'd be amazing!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Since we were on the talk about stages coming to Smash on the 15th from EarthBound, I want either one of the "Your Sanctuary" locations filled with the Sanctuary Guardians, or a normal location in EarthBound like Threed, I'd actually go as far as to say the last location of the game where you travel to the time where everything is deserted because of Porky and Giygas AND with the Sanctuary Guardians on the stage. Really, it's a shame Nintendo doesn't want people to see what EarthBound is, even Magicant for the 3DS doesn't even represent EarthBound as a whole. If people saw what EarthBound has in terms of settings, enemies, songs and plot, they would probably get more sales for EarthBound on the VC or physical copy for SNES.

Another thing, they should cross-DLC Magicant like they did with the Duck Hunt stage, bring it to Wii U in HD. It'd be amazing!
I had an idea for a stage right in front of the mountain you go through to defeat Giygas, with either Porky or Giygas coming out of the crack in the mountain and affecting the stage in some way. That'd be pretty awesome, but I doubt it'll happen. We're more likely to get Fourside back or another stage based on a town in the game. Either way, I'd gladly accept any EarthBound stage they brought in, as long as they bring in some PK Rockin' new tunes to go with it.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Patch brought some nice stuff, Lucas's grab is amazingly super fast now, freaking awesome. It goes from being one of the slowest to one of the fastest, GG thank you mashpotato samurai

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Mr. Saturn and Master Belch are in Super Mario Maker. BOING!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I just beat EarthBound Beginnings, and I'm so happy I bought it. After all that, there's no clear winner between EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings. Both are so great. And because Beginnings is so good...

I'm happy to announce that I will be creating another drawing for EarthBound Beginnings. What about my EarthBound drawing now?

It's...still a work in progress. School stuff has been...more than anticipated, and I've got a substantial amount of HW over this holiday break so, I'm not going to lie, and I'm not going to make any more promises. I don't know when it will be done. The EarthBound Beginnings drawing will follow it. Please, just bear with me. I'm very sorry that I'm keeping you guys waiting even longer. There's still a lot I want to add, and I've only got so much time between school stuff.

However, this is the last promise I will make. Though it seems like a long ways away, both the EarthBound AND EarthBound Beginnings drawings will be done by the end of the summer of next year.

Back to Beginnings. Yet again, a wonderful ending to an even more wonderful game. All the connections between it and EarthBound made it even better. Though it took me a while to figure out that I had to survive Giegue's dialogue before I could actually defeat him...If only we could get Mother 3 soon.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Noice!!

I really like how it sets up EB and M3 too. It's pretty simple, but I think that makes it all the nicer given how EB and M3 are as games/storylines.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I am about to go on Holiday on the 23rd. After that i am going to Nj for Christmas.
Coolio. I've been on Holiday Break since Friday. I'm going to be busy for Christmas. Especially since we're having Christmas dinner at my house.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
People shouldn't have to work on a holiday. Near it, yes, because people are doing their last minute shopping and stuff. But stores should be closed on the day of a holiday. That's just my thoughts.

In other news, I got one of the best kills as Ness today against my friend. Since I may not be able to get a video up, I'll just say what happened and post one if I can.

So my friend was playing as Link and he threw out a Boomerang. I side-stepped right into it and charged up a side smash as it pulled me right back to him. You can guess what happened next. Best part was it was his final stock, so that was the kill that ended the match.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Holidays have been cool, if stressful. Been working recently and I'm also preparing for a camp that I lead on in January. Still very excited for these next few days.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope everyone has a happy holidays. What did you guys get?
Haven't opened gifts yet, but I did get my first Amiibo (Greninja) from my cousin yesterday. Hopefully I'll get the rest of my mains today.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Haven't opened gifts yet, but I did get my first Amiibo (Greninja) from my cousin yesterday. Hopefully I'll get the rest of my mains today.
I got some shirts

https://theyetee.com/shop/detail.php?itemid=MISKI-PKLOVE

https://theyetee.com/shop/detail.php?itemid=MISKI-Boing

http://www.fangamer.com/products/shovel-knight-shirt

http://www.fangamer.com/products/plague-knight-shirt

Mario Maker

30 dollars in eshop gift cards

A PS4

Camo ps4 controller

Standard PS4 controller

Destiny
Nba2k16
Fifa16
Brothers:tale of two sons
Madden 16
Turtle beach headset

Some of the stuff is my bros stuff.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I got...

A Greninja Amiibo (from yesterday).

Two shirts, one for my advanced school, one with my favorite sports team on it.

A Sketchpad (so my drawings aren't on lined paper anymore).

A WALL-E ornament for the tree (I get new ornaments every year and I love it).

A 54 key piano (YESSSSSSSSSS!!! I'll finally be able to practice playing EarthBound music!!!).

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School (the new one, #10).

Now here's where I start geeking out...

All 6 of the Star Wars movies on Blu-Ray + DVD (I only had 3 on tape before, with no tape player).

LEGO Star Wars:

Flash Speeder.

B-Wing.

The Ghost.

AT-AT.

And a necklace with a cross on it. :)

Also, that "BOING" shirt is awesome.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Today was the first day I got to practice on my piano/keyboard (even though it was only for 30 min.), but I was able to teach myself the first 30 seconds of Good Friends Bad Friends. So, that's a start I guess. I'm really looking forward to playing more EarthBound tunes. Once I'm done with this, I'll probably be doing Pollyanna, Twoson, Paula's Theme, Onett, Fourside, Smiles and Tears, ya know, all the good stuff from EarthBound (and ya, there's a ton I missed). I can't wait.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Alright so I went to GameStop today for a Ness Amiibo. Unfortunately, there were none to be found. So I asked one of the employees if they had any in the back. He said that the Ness Amiibo is out of stock GameStop-wide. So, anyone got any bright ideas to help me here? Should I continue looking at other GameStops? He's the only one I'm having trouble with...I've got a Greninja and Villager, and I can get a R.O.B. and a G&W in the 3-pack. But getting Ness is becoming a problem. Any help?

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Alright so I went to GameStop today for a Ness Amiibo. Unfortunately, there were none to be found. So I asked one of the employees if they had any in the back. He said that the Ness Amiibo is out of stock GameStop-wide. So, anyone got any bright ideas to help me here? Should I continue looking at other GameStops? He's the only one I'm having trouble with...I've got a Greninja and Villager, and I can get a R.O.B. and a G&W in the 3-pack. But getting Ness is becoming a problem. Any help?
You could just buy it for an inflated price.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Your best bets are importing or waiting for a restock if it ever happens. Shulk was Gamestop exclusive but eventually became non-exclusive, so it's possible it could happen with Ness. Right now, there's no CPSIAs that indicate there will be a Ness restock, so it at least won't happen for the next few months.

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
I don't usually post here much anymore but I thought since Christmas just happened, I just got back from relatives, and people were saying what they got I figured it was relevant enough.

And now I need to remember where everything was on the menu again.
Anyway hope you all had a fantastic christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate and an even better new year!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Your best bets are importing or waiting for a restock if it ever happens. Shulk was Gamestop exclusive but eventually became non-exclusive, so it's possible it could happen with Ness. Right now, there's no CPSIAs that indicate there will be a Ness restock, so it at least won't happen for the next few months.
I think there will be a restock. Most Amiibo have gotten them before, but thanks for the info.

Also, I just wanted to show you guys this:

So, I had a Trigonometry project over break in which I needed to graph Trigonometric functions to create a picture. The picture also needed a title. So, I present to you, "Trigonometric Awesome-NESS"!!!
image.jpeg
Not the best but it's what I was able to do...I'll need to print it out and color it later, but I just thought I'd show you.

Last edited:

Tikao

Smash Ace
I haven't realy been active here lately and I might still be inactive, because i don't play a lot of smash 4, but I thought I'd just drop by and wish everyone a happy new year.

Has anything major happened (regarding Ness) in the last ~6months?
Like any new discovery or balance change?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So, I got done with Good Friends Bad Friends. Since I'm still only starting out, I'm going to do shorter songs (Yes Good FriendsBad Friends is longer but I liked it so...). Thus, my next song is one of the catchiest little tunes in the game. Humoresque of a Little Dog, better known as Buy Somethin' Will Ya? or the Store theme.

Top Bottom