• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Sheik is just a bad matchup for Ness, there's no getting around it. I put my (somewhat limited) thoughts on her in the matchup thread. She literally plays every aspect in this matchup better than us except for killing.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
One of the LoF dudes who streams on NAKAT's channel likes the Sheik matchup I believe.

@ Sir_Zedd Sir_Zedd dude that's impressive, you're actually beating us at this point. I see you're running the tourneys too, what system are you using?

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
There's a few of us making it happen, Ethan at Area 52 is a big part of it aswell, I've only ran one tournament at this point, I'm hosting bi-monthly tournaments with trophies and people from Launceston coming down and stuff. (would interstaters be interested?)

We haven't got streaming gear yet but we're working overtime to get it happening, we use challonge for our bracket system, double elim.

On topic though, I feel sheik is the kind of matchup where I need to bring back my pocket Diddy, no matter how wrong it feels.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
hey guys im zach and i use ness in smash alot... i dont know how to introduce myself

but i love MOTHER and im going to be here probably. mostly lurking

also @ Noa. Noa. sadly not, but just to let you know i am going through the intense pain of going into a toys r. us potentially and im hoping i dont have to do that with ness

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
hey guys im zach and i use ness in smash alot... i dont know how to introduce myself

also @ Noa. Noa. sadly not, but just to let you know i am going through the intense pain of going into a toys r. us potentially and im hoping i dont have to do that with ness
Yeah welcome to the Ness boards. There are a few of us here. If you ever need any advice or something, especially about tournaments, I'd be happy to help.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd

Welcome to the boards, the Ness mains are the most helpful bunch around, so if you need help with anything ask away. My name's Zac too btw.

The Ness amiibo is in wave 4, I think it releases in may or something like that.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
well this thread seems very welcoming, its nice to meet you all. i dont have any questions so far but i guess if i get lost i'll get over my individualist complex and ask

until may? thats not that far, i guess. i just hope they arent rare, i need to scavenge for the rosalina and lucario amiibo in two different stores and im really hoping ness isnt exclusive to one store.

EDIT: its april 24th i think

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey guys I have an embarrassing question.

How are you supposed to DI dthrow-fair? I know I've got a few Ness dittos to deal with and it's something that I hadn't thought about.
I'm not heeeeeerrreeeeeeee for the next 9 months tho =P

I'd also be happy to help in any way possible if peeps are looking for advice! :)

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord

Yes, welcome to the Ness boards.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
well this thread seems very welcoming, its nice to meet you all. i dont have any questions so far but i guess if i get lost i'll get over my individualist complex and ask

until may? thats not that far, i guess. i just hope they arent rare, i need to scavenge for the rosalina and lucario amiibo in two different stores and im really hoping ness isnt exclusive to one store.

EDIT: its april 24th i think
Hey there, stud.

I have a Mario amiibo and I don't even know what it does. Technology has gotten too complicated.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hey there, stud.

I have a Mario amiibo and I don't even know what it does. Technology has gotten too complicated.
The Mario amiibo has an NFC chip (Near Field Communication) in it. This lets it read on the gamepad and come to "life" on the wii u by placing it on the square icon on the bottom left of the gamepad.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
So has the Ness amiibo been released? I know a new wave just made it out but not too sure.
It hasn't been released yet but they are suppose to come out on April 24th. This date can change. I think you should make an account on Nowinstock.com. After you do that add an item to your notification list. Scroll to the smash bros Amiibo section. Add Ness (there are multiple ones so click the sources you want to buy from. Then when he is available you will get a notification on your email when you can purchase him.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
So I might be going to a tournament in about a month that allows custom moves. I haven't really experimented with Ness' customs, and not sure I want to switch my playstyle up completely by using them, but what are some good custom sets to run, if you have any experience with that?

Also been replaying Mother 3. Just got to Tanetane Island! I forgot the big smile was actually a boss, so I just beat it using regular attacks and no PSI or anything. Oops, haha. I guess that mean's I'm at a pretty good level?

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
It hasn't been released yet but they are suppose to come out on April 24th. This date can change. I think you should make an account on Nowinstock.com. After you do that add an item to your notification list. Scroll to the smash bros Amiibo section. Add Ness (there are multiple ones so click the sources you want to buy from. Then when he is available you will get a notification on your email when you can purchase him.
Lochy you cannot post multiple times in a row. If you keep doing so you will be banned. Just reply to everyone's post in one large post.

So I might be going to a tournament in about a month that allows custom moves. I haven't really experimented with Ness' customs, and not sure I want to switch my playstyle up completely by using them, but what are some good custom sets to run, if you have any experience with that?

Also been replaying Mother 3. Just got to Tanetane Island! I forgot the big smile was actually a boss, so I just beat it using regular attacks and no PSI or anything. Oops, haha. I guess that mean's I'm at a pretty good level?
Check out this thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-customs-project-ness-edition.380063/

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Real men play on hard mode :p

I'm very close to where you are currently in my current run. Had a LOT of trouble with the boss of the area on hard mode though.

Last edited:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So which Nesses were at Apex? I only got to see NAKAT (I don't think I saw anyone else?) I was really busy behind the desk for TOing but still.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
So which Nesses were at Apex? I only got to see NAKAT (I don't think I saw anyone else?) I was really busy behind the desk for TOing but still.
Also curious, anyone have videos? Didn't NAKAT go mostly Fox? I could be wrong, I didn't get to watch much of Apex this year.

Tikao

Smash Ace
i just saw nakat playing vs a sonic on stream, so naturally he picked fox
but haven't realy watched all the pool-stuff, so there might have been some ness players

seems like there are not many ness mainers out there, even with ness being a top/hightier or in generell a good charakter

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
I just googled Apex 2015 Ness and found videos on spookys channel also FOW played ness as well

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one
Hello fellow Ness's, just wnated to say hi. I no longer main Ness but I still <3 Brawl Ness a ton. He just felt too upsettingly different to me and didn't suit my personal playstyle anymore in smash 4. If you guys ever want solid Bowser jr. practice though my wiiu name is V1cegrip and I hang out on smashboards (mainly the Bowser Jr. forums) and at Anther's ladder. It's awesome that Ness is so good now! I just can't get excited about playing him in smash 4 so I look forward to beating him :p.

Last edited:

Qoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
salvaheck
3DS FC
0275-7958-0610
HeyGuys

i made an acc like 3 days ago but i havent been able to post im salv i use ness hi

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hello fellow Ness's, just wnated to say hi. I no longer main Ness but I still <3 Brawl Ness a ton. He just felt too upsettingly different to me and didn't suit my personal playstyle anymore in smash 4. If you guys ever want solid Bowser jr. practice though my wiiu name is V1cegrip and I hang out on smashboards (mainly the Bowser Jr. forums) and at Anther's ladder. It's awesome that Ness is so good now! I just can't get excited about playing him in smash 4 so I look forward to beating him :p.
Vice!! =D

I use Bowser Jr too, so I'd love to get better at him. Ness is my main still, and I do well with him but Jr and DHD are still my secondaries =D

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Absolutely not you gotta smash!
(Get the reference?)
I'm going to guess.. Starbombs Smash song?

Now, to try and get things directed back to good old Ness. What's the latest thing you've incorporated into your strategy? I've started getting greedy with PKT2 more often aswell as working on spotdodging more often to get those sweet backthrow punishes.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
Last edited:
Top Bottom