• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm still working on mine. I'll be lucky if I get it done today...

:(

Ya, I'll have to get it done tomorrow. Just gotta draw 2 more characters and color it. I hope you guys will enjoy.

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Iwata's passing is terribly sad and I don't think many people appreciate just what effect he has had on... all of us, really.

~~~~~

"My connection Israeli bad" lmao @ Luco Luco . Were you able to enjoy the stream nonetheless?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Iwata's passing is terribly sad and I don't think many people appreciate just what effect he has had on... all of us, really.

~~~~~

"My connection Israeli bad" lmao @ Luco Luco . Were you able to enjoy the stream nonetheless?
... Was someone impersonating me? Or was this Dabuz's stream? :o

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
... Was someone impersonating me? Or was this Dabuz's stream? :o
Weren't you watching Town & Sydney? Someone in the chat was claiming to be [your first name] and saying you were enjoying both life abroad and the stream.

Update: I think it was Joe unless your twitch account is AkubraAssault

ps i 2-0'd pat in pools are u proud of me

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I was watching the Project M finals, other than that, the timezones were too out of whack for me to watch it. :o

Also 2-0ing pat sounds brilliant. Sounds like the hierarchy is being overturned. I don't expect to win when I get back. ;)

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ness players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Ness and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well guys, I'm finally done with my Iwata drawing. I'll color it in tomorrow and post it here.

Also, this is the last call for any of you who want to give me some ideas for my EarthBound drawing, which I'll try to start as soon as I can after tomorrow. You guys can give me ideas from now till the end of Friday.

Last edited:

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Draw Ness batting Giygas while everyone else does their own thing: Jeff shooting rockets, Poo doing PK Starstorm, and Paula hitting with a pan.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Draw Ness batting Giygas while everyone else does their own thing: Jeff shooting rockets, Poo doing PK Starstorm, and Paula hitting with a pan.
Well I can't just have them doing those things for no reason, but I'll most likely include Giygas. I'll think about having Ness battling him, because I don't want it to be just Ness battling him, but I don't want all 4 to be battling him either, because that just ruins what I intend to draw. Thanks for the idea though, and if I can get it to work, I will. Anyone else?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
EB pic? Hmmm...

What about the idea of them all riding on top of the Runaway Five van, with Ness holding onto the car and Paula, Jeff, Poo, a monkey and a Mr Saturn all trailing behind him in the air? That'd be pretty cute. <3

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
EB pic? Hmmm...

What about the idea of them all riding on top of the Runaway Five van, with Ness holding onto the car and Paula, Jeff, Poo, a monkey and a Mr Saturn all trailing behind him in the air? That'd be pretty cute. <3
I like this, but why are all of Ness' friends in the air? What are they, flying?

With all these characters that I and you guys want in it, I may have to change what the foreground will look like. The background though, I've pretty much set in stone already. Also, I have an interesting question for you guys, should I draw the characters based on their sprites in the game, or based off of a few other drawings and my head to give them a more modern look (not by changing the characters, just making them look like they're from real life, not a game)?

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I like this, but why are all of Ness' friends in the air? What are they, flying?

With all these characters that I and you guys want in it, I may have to change what the foreground will look like. The background though, I've pretty much set in stone already. Also, I have an interesting question for you guys, should I draw the characters based on their sprites in the game, or based off of a few other drawings and my head to give them a more modern look (not by changing the characters, just making them look like they're from real life, not a game)?
As in they're holding on to one another, so Paula might be holding Ness' legs, and Jeff is holding Paula's legs, etc and as such they're trailing behind each other in the air. :p

Also I'd try to draw Ness a little like how he looks in smash, or some of the fanart.

Like I love the chibi style shown in this pic:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
As in they're holding on to one another, so Paula might be holding Ness' legs, and Jeff is holding Paula's legs, etc and as such they're trailing behind each other in the air. :p

Also I'd try to draw Ness a little like how he looks in smash, or some of the fanart.

Like I love the chibi style shown in this pic:

I'll definitely need to base them (if I go with a modern style, which is more likely) off of models something like that.

Now I don't know if all of your idea will make it in, but I'll try to include at least the Runaway Five and their bus.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
They're saving the universe from evil incarnate I think that's a pretty good reason.
Oh!!! I though you meant that only Ness is battling Giygas and the others are just in different parts of the drawing, with no enemies to fight, yet they look like they're battling. Is that not what you thought?

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
No, of couse they'd be fighting Giygas. They'd just be doing their roles (except Paula who'd be smashing with a pan because why not). Like I said before: Ness batting, Jeff rocketing, Poo starstorming, Paula panning.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
No, of couse they'd be fighting Giygas. They'd just be doing their roles (except Paula who'd be smashing with a pan because why not). Like I said before: Ness batting, Jeff rocketing, Poo starstorming, Paula panning.
I'm a derp. I misread "batting" as "battling". I got it now. Will consider it for the final product.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Guys, I sadly won't have the drawing up today for Iwata. An unforeseen scrimmage with my soccer team popped up literally about an hour after I posted that I would have it up. It will DEFINITELY be up tomorrow. No doubt.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Any Ness mains/fans here gonna be at Evo? I haven't been following this thread lately.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Last day for you guys to pitch in ideas for my EarthBound drawing. Just a heads up.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Guys...

My Iwata drawing's still not done. And I honestly don't know when it will be done. I messed up in the coloring sequence, and I'll have to try to find a way to get around it. It's coming, but now, with what I'm dealing with, it might not be up until Monday the latest. Sorry all.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Don't fret, you're not here to impress us you know (although when you do we definitely love that <3 ), take as much time as you need. We'll survive. :D

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lol thanks. I try. I'm going to try to continue drawing Smash characters once my EarthBound drawing's done, as well as learn some EarthBound music pieces on piano (I'll need a keyboard and some practice first though, I only know one short piece), all while staying at my advanced school. Plus I need to make time for normal life. Geez...I'm going to be a wreck. Lol.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
So I have a question/request but anyone want to help me get better at the game via wifi I need the practice. Working a full time job ruins all the fun D:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yeah its pretty neat isn't it. I found it easily, just typed ness and paula. Glad I found this and not *cough* something else.
Ya...the internet these days has some pretty...scary and weird stuff...

Except not in a good way. A good way for scary and weird stuff is EarthBound. Unless you want to take it to that dark, DARK path...

Last edited:
Top Bottom