• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hey guys how's everyone doing. Updated my profile pic. Made it myself... The edit that is.

Also are any of you up to play?
I got into NY today and I'm gonna be here til Sunday so it would be nice to get some games in today.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Thanks for all your help guys! Couldn't have done it without your guys' help!

Looks like I'm going to be trying to beat EarthBound Beginnings next...Who wants to help me again?!?!?! Lol.

Again, a big thanks to everyone! You guys all made the experience that much more enjoyable!

:ness:

One more thing. I just went back into the game and got the same "THE END... ?" message again. Do I have to hit the reset button to go back into the Save File select screen and restart my entire adventure again???
I might be able to help since I'm nearly through all of it. Oh yeah, first tip is to get up to at least Level 4 and learn Lifeup Alpha before even attempting to head to town.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
What did you think about what I mentioned in the collapse tags? :D
I had to go to soccer practice and won't be able to beat Giygas again today. I did enjoy the music bit.

I might be able to help since I'm nearly through all of it. Oh yeah, first tip is to get up to at least Level 4 and learn Lifeup Alpha before even attempting to head to town.
Alright, thanks PSI.

Looking back on this thread, I found that I had started EarthBound on April 25th, and it took me until today to beat it. I guess that's not too bad, and I can subtract a week from that since I was gone on vacation.

Last edited:

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I had to go to soccer practice and won't be able to beat Giygas again today. I did enjoy the music bit.

Alright, thanks PSI.

Looking back on this thread, I found that I had started EarthBound on April 25th, and it took me until today to beat it. I guess that's not too bad, and I can subtract a week from that since I was gone on vacation.
Don't think of it as beating the game too slowly, but rather that you're savoring the game.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Don't think of it as beating the game too slowly, but rather that you're savoring the game.
Oh no, I'm not thinking of it like that at all. Considering my circumstances at school (I go to an advanced school for the first half of my day, TONS of homework) I'm pretty happy I got it done in a little over 2 months. Wonder how long it will take my sis, if she wants to try it...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@ Luco Luco I'm going to my first Sydney tournament, where you at?

jk (but i'm lookin forward to it)
Ohhh Town and Sydney? Dude you're going to love it. Wish I could be there, but I'll have to wait for next year. :p Best of luck!! In the meantime I'm basically having a bit of a smash-fest with Israel's top smash player tomorrow, it's gonna be awesome :D

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Alright guys, so, after going through all that huge adventure, I decided that I'm going to make a drawing for EarthBound. Nothing too major, but it will take a while, since it will only be my second drawing (first = my current avatar) where I will be including both ideas/models from my head and models from other pictures into it, as opposed to finding a picture online and copying it. I'm still in the process of tossing ideas around for it. But I don't want to spoil it for you guys. Should have it done by the end of summer though. I hope you guys look forward to it!

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I have a brilliant idea for a Mother-themed poster/artwork but I can't draw. I can explain it to you guys if you want (although it definitely includes pivotal Mother 1 and 3 spoilers).

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I have a brilliant idea for a Mother-themed poster/artwork but I can't draw. I can explain it to you guys if you want (although it definitely includes pivotal Mother 1 and 3 spoilers).
If you can give me the EarthBound bits of it, I might include some of it in my drawing. This goes for everyone else too. If you have an idea you want me to include, give it to me and I'll consider adding it.

In other news, my sister has agreed to start her first play-through of EarthBound tomorrow! She's not too much into video games, so I hope I can get her to a part of the game where she will want to continue playing until she beats it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The issue is the thre premise of it includes how much the games flow into each other and their commonalities, so much of it is stuff like Ness being given a telephone by ninten, and in turn giving his yoyo to Lucas, or Paula and Ana sit having a tea party whilst Kumatora lies spread out/more informally on the grass like a typical older teenager, or Jeff helping Loid with some science homework whilst Duster toys confusedly around with some of their inventions, etc etc etc.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The issue is the thre premise of it includes how much the games flow into each other and their commonalities, so much of it is stuff like Ness being given a telephone by ninten, and in turn giving his yoyo to Lucas, or Paula and Ana sit having a tea party whilst Kumatora lies spread out/more informally on the grass like a typical older teenager, or Jeff helping Loid with some science homework whilst Duster toys confusedly around with some of their inventions, etc etc etc.
Lol. Maybe I can get that done for you after I beat EarthBound Beginnings and Mother 3 (though it might take a while to even get my hands on Mother 3)...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lol. Maybe I can get that done for you after I beat EarthBound Beginnings and Mother 3 (though it might take a while to even get my hands on Mother 3)...
Just emulate M3, it's literally the only way you can get the game right now, because all the physical copies are obviously in Japanese, so don't freak out about it too much. I mean you've already supported the franchise as much as you can by buying EB and EB beginnings so like... yeah.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Just emulate M3, it's literally the only way you can get the game right now, because all the physical copies are obviously in Japanese, so don't freak out about it too much. I mean you've already supported the franchise as much as you can by buying EB and EB beginnings so like... yeah.
Man, I don't know the first thing about doing stuff like that.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That's okay, it can be hard getting the right emulator and doing everything you need to to ensure the ROM works. Someone here who's more familiar with the process should be able to help you, but if not I can try, because I do have M3 on this computer.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
I can't provide links (not sure because of forum rules) but just google VisualBoyAdvance emulator and google Mother 3 fan translation and search through it, there's nothing else really emulating takes like 5 minutes of your time

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I can't provide links (not sure because of forum rules) but just google VisualBoyAdvance emulator and google Mother 3 fan translation and search through it, there's nothing else really emulating takes like 5 minutes of your time
Got it. Now I'll just have to make sure it's alright with my dad (I don't wanna screw up the computer).

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
That's really mature and considerate of you. Hopefully you can get a good emulator!
Look, I screwed up that computer once, it's not happening again! Also, I went back and talked to most of the people in EarthBound, and a good portion did have something different to say. It was pretty neat. I also realized that about 4 of my pictures have a dead party member in them...next time I'll need to keep everyone alive...

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Oh. Congrates on beating EB @ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch ! I didn't help very much, but you're welcome anyway. Hope you enjoy Beginnings!

Oh yeah, M3. I actually got a physical copy of M3 with the english translation. Yeah it's not a true genuine M3 cart, but I prefer playing on the real hardware if I can... It's so cool!

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
For some reason, I like PK Rolling Thunder now. It is indeed a bad recovery move (PKT was never really good to begin with), but the damn thing lets you hover longer, goes the same distance on the ground than the other PKTs (still bad and doesn't go as far in the air), but it always deals a solid 30% when PKT2'ed and is kinda better when trying to do a Double PKT. Could anyone help me test it ?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Oh. Congrates on beating EB @ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch ! I didn't help very much, but you're welcome anyway. Hope you enjoy Beginnings!

Oh yeah, M3. I actually got a physical copy of M3 with the english translation. Yeah it's not a true genuine M3 cart, but I prefer playing on the real hardware if I can... It's so cool!
I probably will. You can still help out with the drawing if you want though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I just played a 5-hour smashfest with Israel's top player in person and I feel so great, I feel like I unlocked a lot in myself needed to continue getting better and I also feel like I know a lot more about the Ganon MU. I won most of the matches but they were often very close and came down to getting the final grab. He's a brilliant player.

Also in one of our matches I caught him with a Fthrow off SV's platform for the game and it was great. :evil: Seriously though I almost fell off my chair laughing, it was so cheeky. :D

Last edited:

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I just played a 5-hour smashfest with Israel's top player in person and I feel so great, I feel like I unlocked a lot in myself needed to continue getting better and I also feel like I know a lot more about the Ganon MU.

Also in one of our matches I caught him with a Fthrow off SV's platform for the game and it was great. :evil: Seriously though I almost fell off my chair laughing, it was so cheeky. :D
Cheeky, you say? ;)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I just played a 5-hour smashfest with Israel's top player in person and I feel so great, I feel like I unlocked a lot in myself needed to continue getting better and I also feel like I know a lot more about the Ganon MU. I won most of the matches but they were often very close and came down to getting the final grab. He's a brilliant player.

I did this in tournament once, and it was the first time I ever won actual money. I know how it feels, it's absolutely hilarious. That's why we Ness mains need to know about this so we can cheese people super hard XP

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I did this in tournament once, and it was the first time I ever won actual money. I know how it feels, it's absolutely hilarious. That's why we Ness mains need to know about this so we can cheese people super hard XP
@Thinkaman plays a lot of Ness, so it was obvious he knew when he put Ness on his list of 'don't pick SV against these characters'. :p Still, it's a really funny way to get the kill.

I miss playing smash wii U already, it's going to be a long 4 months I can tell :p

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Fthrow cheese has existed since 64 and I used to take advantage of it on Delfino and Castle Siege in my Brawl competitive days. The fthrow off SV's platform happens once in a blue moon though. :(

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Fthrow cheese has existed since 64 and I used to take advantage of it on Delfino and Castle Siege in my Brawl competitive days. The fthrow off SV's platform happens once in a blue moon though. :(
Very true, I got him with it a couple times on Wuhu and CS as well I'm pretty sure. But SV was by far the most hilarious. :grin:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692

I thought we agreed to not mention that match :ganondorf:

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I thought we agreed to not mention that match :ganondorf:
Well I guess this just further justifies the whining on Twitter now doesn't it? :laugh:

Okay okay the match will fade into distant history, never to be remembered anywhere but in our hearts.

If Ness gets a Fthrow nerf next patch I blame you! :p

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Finished Mother 1 today. Besides getting through Mt. Itoi by running away from everything the second run (first time because of Teddy I didn't run when it was one enemy that would be easy to take down, and grinded outside the healer's cabin to get Ninten out learn Super Healing, which is a nice fail safe), except for when EVE was in my party. I enjoyed sticking her on the enemies.

Couldn't help but feel a bit bad for Giegue. I mean, having the song sang by one of the people that raised you and it causes you such pain? The combination of hate, love, and possible guilt must have been emotionally crushing for him, especially since he would've crushed the protags if they did not sing to him. But for some reason, I do not feel the same towards Porky. Maybe because I feel that Giegue would just kill you ASAP and be done, while Porky of would toy with you for his own amusement.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Finished Mother 1 today. Besides getting through Mt. Itoi by running away from everything the second run (first time because of Teddy I didn't run when it was one enemy that would be easy to take down, and grinded outside the healer's cabin to get Ninten out learn Super Healing, which is a nice fail safe), except for when EVE was in my party. I enjoyed sticking her on the enemies.
Wow. So, is EarthBound Beginnings fairly simpler (as far as the story goes) compared to EarthBound? Also, nobody feels too sorry for Porky. When I got to fight him at the end of EarthBound, I was very happy. You finally get the chance to pound that little sucker's face into the dirt. Although, his message in Magicant did get to me a bit. I wonder how the ending of EarthBound would have been different had Ness and co. eventually become friends with him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom