• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stars Above Dreamland!

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
King DeDeDe Kill Percentages!

Below is a list off the total amount of damage needed to star KO your opponent off the top and center of Final Destination in Training Mode with no DI, (although Battlefield, Smashville, the left and right side of Yoshi's Story, and the middle of Lylat all have the same exact ceiling height), or any type of momentum halting technique, assuming your kill move of choice is undiminished. The killing percentages change in actual versus play by a factor of anywhere from 5% - 7%, so these are rough estimates at best and should therefore be used as a guideline.

The Up Tilt

A word of caution: Depending on how good your opponents DI is, these percentages are subject to change. I cab only offer rough estimates of killing percentages, but it's better than nothing. The term total damage means the amount you see right before your opponent's stock is destroyed. For instance, you would subtract 12% from each of these percentages to find out when you would want to start setting up your up tilt. Also, I'd like to apologize in advance if any of you find these percentages to be incorrect. I'm only human, I make mistakes from time to time. Apologies aside, use these numbers to your advantage. Good luck!​

:mario2: dies at 103%.
:dk2: dies at 118%.
:link2: dies at 109%.
:samus2: dies at 107%.
:kirby2: dies at 91%.
:fox: dies at 92%.
:pikachu2: dies at 94%.
:marth: dies at 100%.
:gw: dies at 89%.
:luigi2: dies at 102%.
:diddy: dies at 101%.
:zelda: dies at 94%.
:shiek: dies at 93%.
:pit: dies at 103%.
:metaknight: dies at 92%.
:falco: dies at 97%.
:squirtle: dies at 87%.
:ivysaur: dies at 106%.
:charizard: dies at 110%.
:ike: dies at 112%.
:snake: dies at 119%.
:peach: dies at 96%.
:yoshi2: dies at 108%.
:ganondorf: dies at 113%.
:popo: dies at 98%.
:dedede: dies at 122%.
:wolf: dies at 109%.
:lucario: dies at 104%.
:ness2: dies at 101%.
:sonic: dies at 107%.
:bowser2: dies at 115%.
:wario: dies at 109%.
:toonlink: dies at 100%.
:rob: dies at 107%.
:olimar: dies at 95%.
:falcon: dies at 114%.
:jigglypuff: dies at 84%.
:lucas: dies at 101%.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Ah yes, very interesting, and thank you for the thread Foursaken! I will just add that to my Favorites! XD. And where is Olimar on this list? He is probably near the percentage of Mr Game & Watch.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
@ rgrwilco: Thanks, and you and I both, pal. Racking that much damage up on Snake isn't too unrealistic considering we have a chain grab and an absurdly good edge guarding game against him.

@ Commander_Beef: Your very welcome! Olimar will be added to the list shortly, the characters listed thus far are the ones I was able to get to today. I'll try and update this asap as I find the time, but please be patient as I have ACP, course testing, this following week.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
King DeDeDe Kill Percentages!

Below is a list off the total amount of damage needed to star KO your opponent off the top and center of FD with no DI, assuming your kill move of choice is fresh. I will be updating this periodically with more moves, and the complete cast as time prohibits.

The Up Tilt

A word of caution: Depending on how good your opponents DI is, these percentages are subject to change. My recommendation is that you add anywhere from 5% to 15% when facing an actual human opponent. Not only that, but the term total damage means the amount you see right before your opponent's stock is destroyed. For instance, you would subtract 12% from each of these percentages to find out when you would want to start setting up your up tilt.​

Mario dies at 103%.
Donkey Kong dies at 118%.
Link dies at 109%.
Samus dies at 107%.
Kirby dies at 91%.
Fox dies at 92%.
Pikachu dies at 94%.
Marth dies at 100%.
Game and Watch dies at 89%.
Luigi dies at 102%.
Diddy Kong dies at 101%.
Zelda dies at 94%.
Shiek dies at 93%.
Pit dies at 103%.
Meta Knight dies at 92%.
Falco dies at 97%.
Squirtle dies at 87%.
Ivysaur dies at 106%.
Charizard dies at 110%.
Ike dies at 112%.
Snake dies at 119%.
Peach dies at 96%.
Yoshi dies at 108%.
Ganondorf dies at 113%.
With or Without Bucket Braking? DK Bucket Brakes too with Up-B.

Just curious =)

CO18

Smash Hero
I find it funny how Ganon's dair is a better vertical killing move then Dedede's broken Up tilt.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol Ganon is too awesome.

This thread keeps reminding me of The Skies Above.

Also, you're missing about 13 characters there Foursaken.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
lol Ganon is too awesome.

This thread keeps reminding me of The Skies Above.

Also, you're missing about 13 characters there Foursaken.
I'm quite aware of that. The current list I have up right now is everyone I managed to get to yesterday afternoon. I'll try and get the rest done today, but finding the exact percentage at which characters die without DI is long and tedious work. Here's an example of how I get my numbers.

Luigi doesn't die at 95%, but is sent off screen at 105%. Based on the information I have, I'll either start counting up or down, adding or subtracting one percent each time until I've found the earliest percentage at which he dies. 96% doesn't kill him, but 104% does. Do you see how it works? The numbers eventually show me the lowest instance at which he dies. Doing that for 38 characters takes a while, so cut me some slack. :bee:

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Take your time. We know how hard it is to do kill %s for moves of any character. =P

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol I wasn't *****ing about it I was just making sure you knew.

And I figured you used that method. It's actually the same one I use when I test stuff out for myself lol. It reminds me of something I did for one of my chem labs in high school where I had to figure out how much of a solution was needed before something dissolved.

RATED

Smash Lord
Lucario dies at 105%
Jigglypuff dies at 82%
Olimar dies at 94%
Wario dies at 105%
Wolf dies at 112%
Ness dies at 102%
Lucas dies at 102%

just to help. I tested these at home without DI

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Marth dies at 94% in vs Mode, 100% in training mode. MK dies at 85% in Vs mode, idk what he dies at in training mode (your list says 92). Vs mode is 5% different than Training mode in damage, but in this scenario it averages about 6% difference for kill percentages.

also, FD/Battlefield/Smashville/left and right sides of Yoshis story/middle of Lylat all have the same exact ceiling height.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Lucario dies at 105%
Jigglypuff dies at 82%
Olimar dies at 94%
Wario dies at 105%
Wolf dies at 112%
Ness dies at 102%
Lucas dies at 102%

just to help. I tested these at home without DI
That's odd, some of our percentages don't match. For instance, your Jigglypuff dies 2% earlier than mine, my Wario lives 4% longer than yours, and your Wolf lives 3% longer than mine. I'll have to test out the percentages again so as to get the most accurate of data I can, but for the moment I'll use my numbers. I do appreciate your help, however. :)

@ M2K: Do you think the average 6% of damage could be a decimal, and rounded up? In Training Mode, Meta Knight dies at 92%. Perhaps I've just got my numbers wrong, but it's something to look into. The ceiling and sides information is great though, thanks! I'll update the OP shortly to include what you said in your post, but I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment so it will have to wait a few minutes.

RATED

Smash Lord
That's odd, some of our percentages don't match. For instance, your Jigglypuff dies 2% earlier than mine, my Wario lives 4% longer than yours, and your Wolf lives 3% longer than mine. I'll have to test out the percentages again so as to get the most accurate of data I can, but for the moment I'll use my numbers. I do appreciate your help, however. :)

@ M2K: Do you think the average 6% of damage could be a decimal, and rounded up? In Training Mode, Meta Knight dies at 92%. Perhaps I've just got my numbers wrong, but it's something to look into. The ceiling and sides information is great though, thanks! I'll update the OP shortly to include what you said in your post, but I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment so it will have to wait a few minutes.
ok thanks Foursaken I verified and urs are correct. I tested wario another time and I did to get the same result. but its ok ur info is great. thanks.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'm seeing this as a VERY useful thread in the future when this is complete. It's too bad there is no way to calculate exact decimals for each move, although estimates helps, I have found it to be nigh impossible to get exact decimals :/

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
i did this too before i found this forum, they all match up exacaly, now d3 survives the longest so dosent that make him the heavyest? i also have a list somewhere of killing % on top platform on BF, on japes, and also like this one, on FD, and D3 was always the heavyest, so why does everyone say he is 4th?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Bowser is the heaviest character because he lives the longest in horizontal KO's.

Horizontal KO's mean much more than Vertical KO's

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, D3 is harder to kill vertically than Bowser or DK because he falls faster.

Wouldn't it make more sense to show the percent they need to be at before the attack hits them?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Ah yes, very interesting, and thank you for the thread Foursaken! I will just add that to my Favorites! XD. And where is Olimar on this list? He is probably near the percentage of Mr Game & Watch.
Wow dude thanks for posting this thread again. XD
This post of mine is super old and is super stupid LOL. The "favorites" part anyways...

Top Bottom