• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
what is xanadu? lolx. or where actually. also sk i'm back in town. so go ahead and hit me up whenever.

D0N

Smash Ace
Yo Don come play with me this weekend in some marvel, etc.

lol
Maybe sometime in next month. Ill be at a GA tournament in April too that I saw your name on. Any tournaments in the area? lol @ etc.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just incase there does happen to be a low turn out at Sovatod, I'll be willing to host a smash fest at ODU, so in that case you don't have to pay a gay $3 fee lol. Text me for directions or any questions you may need to ask, and just hit me up if anybody's interested 703-895-1364

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
ALSO IMPORTANT

Carlos, Darkflame and I all agree that we should change the biweeklies to Monthlies, in order to put the ease and scrambling for money to a minimum, and have a set date down so you know ahead of time and can advertise it better.

I don't know about you guys, but it would benefit at least ME more if we actually had time to find where the hell I'm getting this $8 for 3 weeks instead of every week. Plus if it comes down to it, you can always just have smashfests in the meantime if you want to get in practice, since that imo is the best way to even get practice.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
Monthlies huh? Not a bad idea... Prolly gunna gunna be a little late (3 at the earliest) def down for darkflames place if we don't tourney it up

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Monthlies huh? Not a bad idea... Prolly gunna gunna be a little late (3 at the earliest) def down for darkflames place if we don't tourney it up
You guys just wanna do the tourney at ODU? No venue and 52 inch TV >_> we would just need SET-UPS!

How are we gonna know where everyone's headed?

kid_in_da_hat

Smash Rookie
haha wtf its two weeks for $8 how is it so hard to get $8 in 2 weeks. oh yeah slash i cant send texts back or phone calls but i can receive calls so weird haha

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
=/
I feel RBM's pain but if anything we should just have a tourney every month then fests on the off weeks, right?

But as for today, does anyone have an issue with just going to ODU (Darkflame's dorm) instead? Its the perfect location honestly. It's short notice I know, but after last tour-coughfest-ney I just wanna compete.

Let's get the phone web going to find out where we're headed.

Zo: Are you and joey cool with going to ODU?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
D1AOS I was asking about you on the stream, I know who you beat and the way you were performing :)

Keep it up man, you'll get to that point you want to be soon. Don't stop pushing.

Darkflame get those mus down man, I know you've probably never played a Samus like his before. Don't let the results shake you keep moving forward.

RBM same to you man step it up!

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
haha wtf its two weeks for $8 how is it so hard to get $8 in 2 weeks. oh yeah slash i cant send texts back or phone calls but i can receive calls so weird haha
very hard when you have absolutely no incoming money, especially if I want to actually eat while I'm at school.

I had to go 2 weeks without buying ~any~ food on campus whatsoever just so I could attend Xanadu. And I have to stay on campus from 8:30am-3:00/4:30pm, so yeah its pretty tough on me to try to continue coming on through. =/

D0N

Smash Ace
Were you guys on ths stream at all? I kept checking and didn't see anyone, but I wasn't really trying to watch unless one of you guys came up so I may have missed it.

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea I already saw the bracket before Kadaj hinted and asked him about it :)

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Were you guys on ths stream at all? I kept checking and didn't see anyone, but I wasn't really trying to watch unless one of you guys came up so I may have missed it.
I think D1AOS was on stream once or twice, I know he played Omni's Fox on stream during midtiers.

Me and Dark were never on stream.

D0N

Smash Ace
Just so you guys know why I haven't been out to play, I was out of town for the last 2 ToDs to play MvC3 and I don't plan on playing brawl too much anymore (as far as local tournaments go). I still plan to go to some local stuff and support SoVA maybe with some TO stuff among other things, but Oos won't be happening for me unless there are people I just feel like visiting. Brawl tournaments have dropped on my priority list.

I'm happy with where the scene is headed though. Keep the Oos stuff up.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
yeah kadaj =/, I can't lose to low tiers haha, and really aggro MKs, and I'll keep pushing forward till I die xD!!! thanks SK for all the advice you gave me with ICs, and don, it's really sad to hear that you're gonna take it easier from now on, I still look up to you though :) lol, but from here on out, me and D1aos and anybody else that's trying to step up our game will definitely support and represent sova so we can rightfully place it on the map where it belongs, cmon sova, LET'S STEP THIS **** UP!

D0N

Smash Ace
Who is going on Friday? I'll be there, but I dont know how long.

And will there be a ToD?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I'd go if I could get a ride. Also, Saturday D0N and I are gonna be busy around 6 pm. So if something is going down Saturday we can't go.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of ToD, this is what I think needs to go down.

ToD should be changed to a monthly, preferably the 1st or 2nd Sunday of every month.

It's easy to advertise, since the 1st/2nd Sunday of a month is a set date, and it doesn't hit the pockets as hard, since it will be $8 a month instead of $8 per 2 weeks.

I'd like for H4X to make more fliers with the updated info, i.e. the date, if he's up for it. However, I would like to hear opinions on whether the 1st or 2nd Sunday is a better date.

Edit: In other words, there should be no ToD this month imo. We should focus on having a set date and advertising done before this month is over with. Until the next ToD, we still have smashfests to look forward to.

Top Bottom