• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic 'Self improvement' thread, plus your questions answered! FAQ

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Dair is pretty cool offstage, I use it all the time

Most of the time, your opponent will be pushing left/right on the control stick to get back to the stage. When the Dair hits them, they'll be 'DIing' to the side so it semi spikes them. Works very well at higher percents on enemies

If they happen to be 'DIing' up, then you can immediatly Spring and hit them with something

Tenki

Smash Hero
Dair is pretty cool offstage, I use it all the time

Most of the time, your opponent will be pushing left/right on the control stick to get back to the stage. When the Dair hits them, they'll be 'DIing' to the side so it semi spikes them. Works very well at higher percents on enemies

If they happen to be 'DIing' up, then you can immediatly Spring and hit them with something
it won't "semi spike" as badly as a no-DI since it's still slightly pulling the trajectory upwards lol
but I see what you mean :3

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
lol that still works? O_O;

1- well, I usually go for F-smash lol. I'm going for the kill, not a 'push'. Unless you meant charging D-smash for the first hit, but F-smash is still stronger. XD
2- you're up-angling it for hitbox change, not knockback, right? because I don't think Sonic's UFsmash gets any special boosts :[
3- I guess that'd work lol. But it wouldn't work on button mashers or certain people who like to up-B :/

What are they trying to punish the whiffed b-air with? XD I'd think most tilts are fast enough to punish or hit before F-smash comes out..?
Well I'm usually just outside of tilt range so my opponent walks or runs right into it. I think I might have a few kills from that in a few vids of mine. If I do I'll post them.

Top Bottom