• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
You guys raise a good point about how much content they would allow if Snake was included later on. That's really been my one worry about having him back is what would they include (if anything) and what would be excluded.

Granted, I want Snake back because he was my main in Brawl, and just playing him against the other fighters is all I need. But it would be icing on the cake if they added new codecs to Shadow Moses or something like that.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
You guys raise a good point about how much content they would allow if Snake was included later on. That's really been my one worry about having him back is what would they include (if anything) and what would be excluded.

Granted, I want Snake back because he was my main in Brawl, and just playing him against the other fighters is all I need. But it would be icing on the cake if they added new codecs to Shadow Moses or something like that.
I think he could come with as a "metal gear package" including trophies, a stage, music , codecs etc. plus the man himself. Ten to twenty bucks and bam, or if you have both version you can get him for free like Mewtwo.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Id love a deluge of content to come with snake, but at this point id take whatever i could get. And if that only meant him on his own that would be good enough. Even giving us shadow moses again would be ok, as long as it brought all the great new music with it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Snake was one of the more fun characters in Brawl. Bit of a shame he couldn't be added to the original roster. I don't know if he'll be back in this one, since third party stuff can be a bit complicated. Either way I would gladly welcome his addition to the roster again.

Though obviously I'd mostly want to fight as him again, another really fun aspect would be the codecs. I can't help but wonder what he'll say about Mega Man and Pac-Man. Maybe Doc Louis shows up for Mac's codec like Slippy does for Falco's. I don't know, just something to think about.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Imagine how much better this intro would be if they had Snake in the last part were they were displaying Pac Man, Sonic, and Mega Man.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm sadly not expecting Snake to be DLC, mostly because of his third-party status. Believe me though, if it happens I will be happy beyond belief.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm sadly not expecting Snake to be DLC, mostly because of his third-party status. Believe me though, if it happens I will be happy beyond belief.
I'm happy to hear that we have more support this time 'round, but why are you not expecting Snake? DLC is an amazing promotional tools especially given the situation with SSB Wii U. Snake would be a great DLC choice to due his 3rd party status, high popularity, unique playstyle, and in-game jokes, easter eggs, and references.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
For those of you saying you don't expect Snake, you don't have to necessarily expect him. But if you WANT him, then show Sakurai you want him and follow the Twitter account!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I still believe that we'll get Snake as DLC, he seems the most likely out of my top three, particularly with the name drop.

I'd follow the Twitter, but I don't have and don't want one, but I'll never stop showing my support in other ways.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The part I'm interested in is were it says "The game will launch instead witha returning Snake.". What does that part mean? I she saying Snake will be released as DLC with the Wii U launch, that he is not DLC? Also, what the hell is 'witha'?

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
The part I'm interested in is were it says "The game will launch instead witha returning Snake.". WH\hat does that part mean? I she saying Snake will be released as DLC with the Wii U launch, that he is not DLC? Also, what the hell is 'witha'?
I wouldn't give much credit to that.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
All I want to come along with Snake is It Has To Be This Way from Metal Gear Rising.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't mind Snake in the game.

The ball is in Nintendo's/Sakurai's court and they have to decide if it is worth getting the Legal rights to add Snake into the game.

Good luck soldiers of fortune.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I saw people taking about the relative thing, but the names? That's a little suspicious.
So John really is BBs real name, and not Jack? He used both in MGS3.
Jack is just what The Boss called him. When Ocelot asked Naked Snake for his real name, he said it was John.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
If Snake or even the Ice Climbers do not return for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, it will be the first time in Super Smash Bros history, that an entire series is removed or absent from a game
Aside from Dr. Mario when Brawl was released.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Aside from Dr. Mario when Brawl was released.
Dr Mario is still part of the Mario franchise.

Jack is just what The Boss called him. When Ocelot asked Naked Snake for his real name, he said it was John.
You could interpret the John name as a sick joke to the Snake fans and the Smash competitive community.

No Johns.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
You could interpret the John name as a sick joke to the Snake fans and the Smash competitive community.

No Johns.
Yeah, but what about David? They could have opted for Dave, which is a little more common that the complete version. Or even other name like Marty, Tom, Bob...but they choosed David. And Jonh. This plus Snake's name drop during the Direct made this a little suspicious...

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Yeah, but what about David? They could have opted for Dave, which is a little more common that the complete version. Or even other name like Marty, Tom, Bob...but they choosed David. And Jonh. This plus Snake's name drop during the Direct made this a little suspicious...
Stirring the speculation up. I have a good feeling that for some reason they weren't able to finish Snake for the 3DS, so they saved him for the Wii U.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, so put me as a Snake as DLC for Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS And Wii U supporter.

In fact, I got into Metal Gear because of Snake's inclusion in Brawl. And his arena control was amazingly fun, something that can't be replaced even by characters like Duck Hunt.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, so put me as a Snake as DLC for Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS And Wii U supporter.

In fact, I got into Metal Gear because of Snake's inclusion in Brawl. And his arena control was amazingly fun, something that can't be replaced even by characters like Duck Hunt.
That's literally exactly how I got into Metal Gear as well. Probably why it would mean a lot to see for Snake to come back for me.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Me too. I've never played an MGS game and when this thread shut down I lost my passion. Now that this thread has re-opened, my passion for MGS has re-ignited and I'm going to try and get my first MGS game!

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Do you guys have any ideas for what Snake's custom moves could be if he becomes DLC?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Just popping in to say Snake is my most wanted DLC veteran and I have never played a Metal Gear game ever.
You're missing out man! You should try one some time.

David isn't an uncommon name, I know 1 or 2 people who choose to go by David instead of Dave.

Either way, if this a coincidence, it's a damn funny coincidence. I mean solidarity plus blood relative, plus david and john. Just wow...

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
The tease seems extremely unlikely to me. Still, as someone who mained Snake in Brawl, I'd love it if it were true.

As far as custom moves go: I think a more powerful C4 that can't be attached to opponents is a possibility, as well as a replacement for the Nikita that is faster and stronger but can't be controlled.

Do you think they'd make codecs for all the Koopalings+Alph, or keep them generic?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't see codecs returning due to the politics involved with the English voice actor of Snake (not to mention it would be quite extensive to bring back the codec cast for 15+ new characters for a DLC event). If Snake did return as DLC, he would probably just reuse the voice samples from Brawl, and Shadow Moses Island would return as a stage without the Smash Taunt.

As for Alph and the Koopalings, we'll find out how Palutena's Guidance deals with them.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hey Guys remember this lone lost FOXHOUNDER? Care to explain to me what's going on around here? Like how did Scoliosis get ownership over this. Has Kojima said anything?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Okay. So I'm gonna give you guys my take on this.
I'm kinda sketchy on this right here I mean just here's my take on this.
"David" and "John" is the most commonly used names for everything Parents name thiers kids 90% of the time David and John. So they both are Generic names. Where i live if i go to Walmart and try and buy a Landline Home Phone the Example Sticker would say John Doe and 1-###-###-#### and let's say you look in a English/Geometry textbook there will always be an example with the use of David!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Okay. So I'm gonna give you guys my take on this.
I'm kinda sketchy on this right here I mean just here's my take on this.
"David" and "John" is the most commonly used names for everything Parents name thiers kids 90% of the time David and John. So they both are Generic names. Where i live if i go to Walmart and try and buy a Landline Home Phone the Example Sticker would say John Doe and 1-###-###-#### and let's say you look in a English/Geometry textbook there will always be an example with the use of David!
While I'm probably thinking it's a coincidence, the reason it's so fishy is because of all the other alludes it's paired with.

For starters the event name is "Solidarity"
Then there's blood relative, snake is the son of big boss
Then there's the who's boss line(Which is a commonly used line, I know, but still.)
Event is thematically related to family ties

All of those combined, it does smell a little fishy...

We know treehouse likes to troll, so maybe that's what they're doing here?

Top Bottom