• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

Okay. So I'm gonna give you guys my take on this.
I'm kinda sketchy on this right here I mean just here's my take on this.
"David" and "John" is the most commonly used names for everything Parents name thiers kids 90% of the time David and John. So they both are Generic names. Where i live if i go to Walmart and try and buy a Landline Home Phone the Example Sticker would say John Doe and 1-###-###-#### and let's say you look in a English/Geometry textbook there will always be an example with the use of David!
You have to admit it's a little sketchy though. The name of the two main characters in Metal Gear with a game about family bonds and 'boss' was dropped.
Ugh, Jack has so much emotional meaning to me now. I just :( every time I think of the Boss saying it. Freaking Kojima.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Hey Guys remember this lone lost FOXHOUNDER? Care to explain to me what's going on around here? Like how did Scoliosis get ownership over this. Has Kojima said anything?
I'll fill you in. With this thread being re-opened on the context of DLC, @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones took ownership as he ran the previous DLC thread for Snake (Correct me if I'm wrong). We are currently discussing The Solidarity event, Snake Custom Moves, and Codecs. Also, we have more support this time around! And with you, we finally have all of the original FOXHOUNDERS back on the Snake thread!

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Speaking of Bill...
Any chance of a costume based on Bill Rizer this time around?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I tried to convince my dad to let me get MGS, but to no avail. Looks like I'll have to wait until I've moved out. :(

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So I tried to convince my dad to let me get MGS, but to no avail. Looks like I'll have to wait until I've moved out. :(
You could try the first 2 metal gear games.(if you enjoy a good laugh read mistranslations and want to get through the first one quick ,play nes one),

You could also try ghost babel, it's rated E.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
You could try the first 2 metal gear games.(if you enjoy a good laugh read mistranslations and want to get through the first one quick ,play nes one),

You could also try ghost babel, it's rated E.
I'm not allowed to play any of them. I asked my dad.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not allowed to play any of them. I asked my dad.
I've played every single (main series)one and I'm your age. I can understand, however, him not wanting you playing Guns of the Patriots or Snake Eater. Hell, even Peace Walker, despite being T rated, has some...disconcerting things. But they wouldn't faze you, I assume.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I started up a poll with veterans and newcomers. Snake is on the list obviously, so please! Go ahead and vote!

The poll is open to pick as many characters as you want, so feel free to pick whoever.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I was just thinking about what his custom moves could be..

Neutral 1: Grenade- Due to limitations, he would be bumped down to a single grenade, but it would function the same as it did in Brawl, save for a slightly shorter time before exploding.

Neutral 2: Shock Grenade- Similar to Link's bombs, these grenades will explode on contact, or after a set time. Weaker than the standard grenades, but Snake can use two at a time, as in Brawl.

Neutral 3: Smoke Bomb- Less of a damaging projectile, used more for stage control/setups. If it explodes on an opponent, it will stun them momentarily, but won't send them flying.

Side 1: Nikita- The same as it was in Brawl, perhaps with some differing properties.

Side 2: Super Nikita- Faster and easier to control, but has less power. Can be guided farther.

Side 3: Set Nikita- Similar to Samus' missiles. Snake will fire out a rocket on a set trajectory that can't be controlled. Snake won't be left helpless when using this move, as he can fire and quickly run away.

Up 1: Cypher- The same reliable recovery from Brawl, Snake can still act out of it.

Up 2: Quick Cypher- Snake will fly up much faster, and cause damage on the way up. Can no longer be canceled out of, and has a shorter range but still doesn't leave Snake helpless.

Up 3: Controlled Cypher- Similar to R.O.B.'s Robo Burners and Palutena's Jump Glide. High controllability and horizontal distance, but has lower height and does no damage at all.

Down 1: C4- The same as it was in Brawl, can still stick between opponents.

Down 2: Motion Sensor- Due to limitations, it's probable that Snake would receive a new down smash, so as to not have too many bombs out at once. His old down smash would work as a custom down special, Snake plants a bomb that goes off when stepped on. Can't be placed on characters like the C4.

Down 3: Time Bomb- Rather than being a trap that Snake places on the ground, this move works more like Olimar's Pikmin. Except instead of falling off after a set time, it explodes on an enemy. It has a small forward trajectory when thrown, and will detonate automatically if hitting anything other than an opponent.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I've played every single (main series)one and I'm your age. I can understand, however, him not wanting you playing Guns of the Patriots or Snake Eater. Hell, even Peace Walker, despite being T rated, has some...disconcerting things. But they wouldn't faze you, I assume.
Still wouldn't work. My dad doesn't like nor let's us play any military-esque games. It's a shame since I tried to explain that MGS was STEALTH game, not an FPS.

Neutral 1: Grenade- Due to limitations, he would be bumped down to a single grenade, but it would function the same as it did in Brawl, save for a slightly shorter time before exploding.

Neutral 2: Shock Grenade- Similar to Link's bombs, these grenades will explode on contact, or after a set time. Weaker than the standard grenades, but Snake can use two at a time, as in Brawl.

Neutral 3: Smoke Bomb- Less of a damaging projectile, used more for stage control/setups. If it explodes on an opponent, it will stun them momentarily, but won't send them flying.

Side 1: Nikita- The same as it was in Brawl, perhaps with some differing properties.

Side 2: Super Nikita- Faster and easier to control, but has less power. Can be guided farther.

Side 3: Set Nikita- Similar to Samus' missiles. Snake will fire out a rocket on a set trajectory that can't be controlled. Snake won't be left helpless when using this move, as he can fire and quickly run away.

Up 1: Cypher- The same reliable recovery from Brawl, Snake can still act out of it.

Up 2: Quick Cypher- Snake will fly up much faster, and cause damage on the way up. Can no longer be canceled out of, and has a shorter range but still doesn't leave Snake helpless.

Up 3: Controlled Cypher- Similar to R.O.B.'s Robo Burners and Palutena's Jump Glide. High controllability and horizontal distance, but has lower height and does no damage at all.

Down 2: Motion Sensor- Due to limitations, it's probable that Snake would receive a new down smash, so as to not have too many bombs out at once. His old down smash would work as a custom down special, Snake plants a bomb that goes off when stepped on. Can't be placed on characters like the C4.

Down 3: Time Bomb- Rather than being a trap that Snake places on the ground, this move works more like Olimar's Pikmin. Except instead of falling off after a set time, it explodes on an enemy. It has a small forward trajectory when thrown, and will detonate automatically if hitting anything other than an opponent.
I agree with all of those except for Down 2. Snake's D-Smash probably won't be changed, since explosive limitations weren't a problem in Brawl. For Down B I'd like to see the ability to place multiple C4, and then set them off by holding Down B.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I agree with all of those except for Down 2. Snake's D-Smash probably won't be changed, since explosive limitations weren't a problem in Brawl. For Down B I'd like to see the ability to place multiple C4, and then set them off by holding Down B.
Are we forgetting about the fact that this isn't Brawl, but the 3DS version, which lost the Ice Climbers, three Pikmin, etc?

Four Snakes tossing out all of their projectiles at once would probably cause some issues.

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Are we forgetting about the fact that this isn't Brawl, but the 3DS version, which lost the Ice Climbers, three Pikmin, etc?

Four Snakes tossing out all of their projectiles at once would probably cause some issues.
I dunno I think the same could be said about the duck hunt dog or maybe shiek (I've heard he/she had granades now)

Ground Zeroes went waaaaay overboard

Also, I'm digging them customs @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I dunno I think the same could be said about the duck hunt dog or maybe shiek (I've heard he/she had granades now)
Duck Hunt only ever has two projectiles at a time.

Snake has a grand total of:
Down Smash- These can stay in the ground for a while.
Down Special- These also stay on the ground for a while.
Neutral Special- Two grenades that can come out at once.
Up Special- The Cypher itself acts as a projectile when Snake lets go.
Side Special- A controllable projectile, to boot.
Up Smash- Also a projectile.

Though it might be difficult to pull off, you could get four, maybe five of them out at once. Imagine four Snakes doing that.

Now imagine eight Snakes at once on the Wii U, that'd be the most hectic battle of all time.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
MGS2 had way more questionable themes than Snake Eater.

But MGS2 was bull, so whatever.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Duck Hunt only ever has two projectiles at a time.

Snake has a grand total of:
Down Smash- These can stay in the ground for a while.
Down Special- These also stay on the ground for a while.
Neutral Special- Two grenades that can come out at once.
Up Special- The Cypher itself acts as a projectile when Snake lets go.
Side Special- A controllable projectile, to boot.
Up Smash- Also a projectile.

Though it might be difficult to pull off, you could get four, maybe five of them out at once. Imagine four Snakes doing that.

Now imagine eight Snakes at once on the Wii U, that'd be the most hectic battle of all time.
I'd think that Sakurai would rather change Snake's Up B rather than is D-Smash. D-Smash is too awesome.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Still wouldn't work. My dad doesn't like nor let's us play any military-esque games. It's a shame since I tried to explain that MGS was STEALTH game, not an FPS.
So, it's not the military he complains about, it's about the realistic mature themes and weaponry.

HELLO, SIR, MGS HAS NON LETHAL WEAPONRY KAY THANKS BYE

Ground Zeroes went waaaaay overboard
THAT I can understand staying away from. It's easily the most disturbing in the series. Skull Face's sadism easily makes Coldman and Volgin look like fracking bunnies in comparison.

I mean, shoving two live bombs into a girl, and one south? WTF Kojima.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So, it's not the military he complains about, it's about the realistic mature themes and weaponry.

HELLO, SIR, MGS HAS NON LETHAL WEAPONRY KAY THANKS BYE

THAT I can understand staying away from. It's easily the most disturbing in the series. Skull Face's sadism easily makes Coldman and Volgin look like fracking bunnies in comparison.

Thing is, my dad's a veteran. He loves military culture and guns. He actively teaches us how to shoot. He just doesn't military video games. No matter how many times I ask him why they're bad, I still don't get it.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I mean as long as you don't collect the tapes in Ground Zeroes it should be OK.

Phantom Pain is gonna be a doozy tho lol

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If Snake is confirmed for DLC, I wonder if they will bring back the Codex, even though the KI commentary pretty much replaces it. Perhaps its too much to ask, but I did enjoy the juxtaposition of the semi realistic Snake commenting on colorful Nintendo characters. Always cracked me up. I don't think I'll get that same feeling with Palutena's Wisdom.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
If Snake is confirmed for DLC, I wonder if they will bring back the Codex, even though the KI commentary pretty much replaces it. Perhaps its too much to ask, but I did enjoy the juxtaposition of the semi realistic Snake commenting on colorful Nintendo characters. Always cracked me up. I don't think I'll get that same feeling with Palutena's Wisdom.
Exactly. What made the codec so awesome was the stark contrast between Snake and the rest of the cast.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I would really hope that Snake came back with Codecs, but I just want Snake to even come back in the first place.
It might be a bit much for a single DLC character, too.

At least, I'd hope Otacon would cameo in Pit's "codec" on Snake.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I would really hope that Snake came back with Codecs, but I just want Snake to even come back in the first place.
It might be a bit much for a single DLC character, too.

At least, I'd hope Otacon would cameo in Pit's "codec" on Snake.
That needs to happen. Otacon needs to freak out in that codecs. Maybe Palutena could show up in place of Otacon in Snake's Codec.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Thing is, my dad's a veteran. He loves military culture and guns. He actively teaches us how to shoot. He just doesn't military video games. No matter how many times I ask him why they're bad, I still don't get it.
I find that ironic, but it's your family.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

For downs, we could also have plastic explosives. You know, the ones from the first metal gear. They'd be like time bombs except you can't throw them.

Well, if you're dying to play one, then you'd have to go the emulation route like @ StormC StormC said. The 1st metal gear can actually be played without downloading anything, as there are many websites that have their own web-based emulation. It's only for the nes version though.

The Metal Gears on the msx would require you patch with the rom with english translations

You can buy ghost babel if you have a gbc and you some how convince your dad
http://www.lukiegames.com/Metal-Gea...1u-ZvtzJENeTDqj29g0p79laXaRYP2blmHRoC0LLw_wcB

Emulating is also an option due to the fact it's sometimes difficult to find a copy. These games are all 8-bit, so they shouldn't look too much like the modern day metal gear solid.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I find that ironic, but it's your family.
He's against most video games, because they "waste time" and "aren't real". FPS and military games are just out of bounds for me right now. Ironically, he let's us play Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, but not COD or MGS.

For downs, we could also have plastic explosives. You know, the ones from the first metal gear. They'd be like time bombs except you can't throw them.

Well, if you're dying to play one, then you'd have to go the emulation route like @ StormC StormC said. The 1st metal gear can actually be played without downloading anything, as there are many websites that have their own web-based emulation. It's only for the nes version though.

The Metal Gears on the msx would require you patch with the rom with english translations

You can buy ghost babel if you have a gbc and you some how convince your dad
http://www.lukiegames.com/Metal-Gea...1u-ZvtzJENeTDqj29g0p79laXaRYP2blmHRoC0LLw_wcB

Emulating is also an option due to the fact it's sometimes difficult to find a copy. These games are all 8-bit, so they shouldn't look too much like the modern day metal gear solid.
I'd would rather not emulate, as I feel coin such would remove from the experience of MGS.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He's against most video games, because they "waste time" and "aren't real". FPS and military games are just out of bounds for me right now. Ironically, he let's us play Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, but not COD or MGS.
I find that even more ironic, because while the Metal Gear games have little to no controversy, somehow your father allows you a game that receives some form of controversy and of course because of insane coincidence in the setting of the game you're telling this to the Mexican user here.

But hey, he might as well be trying to show you the "realistic" shooting genre and not a stealth based one with joke elements like a sun gun and a bottomless clip gun.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I still think a nice custom dspec would be a more powerful C4 that can't be planted on opponents - or, alternatively, can only be planted on opponents.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I find that even more ironic, because while the Metal Gear games have little to no controversy, somehow your father allows you a game that receives some form of controversy and of course because of insane coincidence in the setting of the game you're telling this to the Mexican user here.

But hey, he might as well be trying to show you the "realistic" shooting genre and not a stealth based one with joke elements like a sun gun and a bottomless clip gun.
I might be able to push him into letting me get MGS, but I respect him too much to do that.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I might be able to push him into letting me get MGS, but I respect him too much to do that.
Has he played mgs before? Maybe if he plays it and likes he'll let you play it.

Just don't let him play GZ though, the darkness of it may turn him off or something :p

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't imagine it easy anyway. You'll have to settle for playthroughs.

dsp's are hilarious

Just don't let him play GZ though, the darkness of it may turn him off or something :p
I think GZ would show him the realism that the series has, if you ask me, ironically because of it's dark:4ness:. Just a thought.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

dsp's are hilarious

I think GZ would show him the realism that the series has, if you ask me, ironically because of it's dark:4ness:. Just a thought.
or emulation :p

Good point, it does show off the horrors of war and isn't some bland type of war game. I mean if you're going to learn about war, you should also know about it's horror.
All I know is if my Dad found out how dark MGSV is he probably won't let me play it, but good thing he doesn't care about video games so he won't know unless I tell him. Plus my little brother probably wouldn't want to play it because he's annoyed of how much I talk about MGS. If it comes to the wii u, I could play on the gamepad in order to hide the dark parts and stuff.

Last edited:

I think Nerd cube made a pretty good analysis about the "dark" aspects of MGS5. Well, I still think the GAME is good but the themes? Wtf

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Good point, it does show off the horrors of war and isn't some bland type of war game. I mean if you're going to learn about war, you should also know about it's horror.
All I know is if my Dad found out how dark MGSV is he probably won't let me play it, but good thing he doesn't care about video games so he won't know unless I tell him. Plus my little brother probably wouldn't want to play it because he's annoyed of how much I talk about MGS. If it comes to the wii u, I could play on the gamepad in order to hide the dark parts and stuff.
Eh, only disturbing content my father cares about is religious stuff and whatnot. Would you believe that he and my mother believed Demon's Souls was a religious gore fest? It took a lot of convincing from my brother to get them to reconsider. What they WOULDNT allow us(and we don't care for), is Dante's Inferno, which actually DOES fit the theme they feared.

I think Nerd cube made a pretty good analysis about the "dark" aspects of MGS5. Well, I still think the GAME is good but the themes? Wtf
It's not like video games of all kinds can't have dark, mature and/or sad themes or anything. Even those for kids.

Super Mario Galaxy snuck in
Rosalina's heartbreaking orphan story
and nobody said anything.

Pokemon Black and White shove
parental abuse and a truly evil villain
in your face and the game is rated E.

Earthbound shows you lovely
terrorism, parental abuse, police brutality and God knows how many other things
, but to its credit, it's rated T on Virtual Console.

Just saying that themes like these are everywhere, just not to GZ's extreme.

I get that but...

that tape though. The one with Paz and that kid. idk what was in Kojima's head when he was thinking about what to do with the game

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Has he played mgs before? Maybe if he plays it and likes he'll let you play it.

He has played military games before and he hates them all.

dsp's are hilarious

Yeah, looks like. Thanks for all your help guys. I just hope I can stay part of the community.

Top Bottom