• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I get that but...

that tape though. The one with Paz and that kid. idk what was in Kojima's head when he was thinking about what to do with the game
Realism, what else.

Yeah, looks like. Thanks for all your help guys. I just hope I can stay part of the community.
You don't have to be too familiar with the games to be in a community.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
You're one of the early foxhound members here! You'll always be a part of the snake community!
Realism, what else.

You don't have to be too familiar with the games to be in a community.
Thanks guys! Snake thread is really the best!

:c

Ah well

On topic about Snake, who wants his f-tilt from brawl? Disjointedness and all that damage

More importantly, I'm sort of in favor of switching up his NIKITA.
I'd really like like a new Side B. It could still be NIKITA, just change its physics so that it works more like Samus' Super Missile.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Thanks guys! Snake thread is really the best!

I'd really like like a new Side B. It could still be NIKITA, just change its physics so that it works more like Samus' Super Missile.
Well, there is custom moves. I really like the nikita the way it is at the moment. But with custom moves, we could change the way the thing works anyway.

How about stinger missiles as a custom? Where they lock on targets.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, there is custom moves. I really like the nikita the way it is at the moment. But with custom moves, we could change the way the thing works anyway.

How about stinger missiles as a custom? Where they lock on targets.
A Stinger that locks on perfectly and goes slower and a faster Nikita with hard steering control I'd like to see.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So, would shadow moses be on 3ds as well, or would they give the wii u shadow moses and the 3ds a snake eater stage?

StormC

Smash Hero
So, would shadow moses be on 3ds as well, or would they give the wii u shadow moses and the 3ds a snake eater stage?
Hard to say. We don't even know if it would be standard policy for new franchises in DLC to get new stages to accompany them.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Snake Eater stage with random Cobra boss fights/ stage hazard!
The Fury to burn us.
The End can try to lock in and snipe us.
The Pain to attack with bees.
The Sorrow, ghost s*** I don't know.
The Fear, Uh... freaks out the players with contortionism?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I'm okay with any stage honestly. But I wouldn't be surprised if we did end up with Shadow Moses Island anyways

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't even mind if a new MGS stage was just a reskin of the shadow moses stage to fit in with MGS3.
If Naked Snake showed up.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'd like them the keep the Shadow Moses stage from Brawl. That was my favorite Stage to play on, especially with the soundtrack it had.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If anybody here hasn't voted in my poll, be sure to vote! Snake is just over 100 votes, putting him within the top 10, but outside of the top 5.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Can you link me to the poll?

What are your guys thoughts on people who want Simon Belmont over Snake?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Can you link me to the poll?

I think they have some good points, but MGS is the main Konami's series. And Snake is the nearest thing to a mascotte that Konami have. So have someone else besides Snake wouldn't be right (especially when SEGA, Bandai Namco and Capcom have their mascotte)...

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
im not a big fan of snake,but i don't like the franchise removes,i suport snake :)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think they have some good points, but MGS is the main Konami's series. And Snake is the nearest thing to a mascotte that Konami have. So have someone else besides Snake wouldn't be right (especially when SEGA, Bandai Namco and Capcom have their mascotte)...
Hell, Simon isn't even the mascot of castlevania

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Thanks, voted for Snake (obv)

Simon Belmont doesn't annoy me that much, as he does have more history with Nintendo than Snake. But Snake is basically the face of Konami as Master Chief is the face of Xbox. The de facto mascot.

At least it isn't as bad as the idiots who wanted Lloyd over Pac-Man. That is wrong on so many levels. Or people who want Geno to represent Square Enix.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Not sure what his chances are, but I'd like to see Snake added back as DLC. As 'out of place' as he may be, there was a certain charm to him I kinda miss, and unlike other 'unfitting' characters like Bayonetta and Travis Touchdown, Snake is a gaming icon in his own right, so his inclusion doesn't bother me in that regard.

That, and I would love see MGS and KI Uprising characters interact with each other during Palutena's Guidance on Snake. :p Though I wonder, if Shadow Moses Island was brought back, what would be done with the codecs for SSB4's newcomers? Would they go without?

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Maybe we could get a castlevania stage packed in with snake. I play Dracula's castle frequently in project m and replaced the songs with actual castlevania music, like new messiah.

Not sure what his chances are, but I'd like to see Snake added back as DLC. As 'out of place' as he may be, there was a certain charm to him I kinda miss, and unlike other 'unfitting' characters like Bayonetta and Travis Touchdown, Snake is a gaming icon in his own right, so his inclusion doesn't bother me in that regard.

That, and I would love see MGS and KI Uprising characters interact with each other during Palutena's Guidance on Snake. :p Though I wonder, if Shadow Moses Island was brought back, what would be done with the codecs for SSB4's newcomers? Would they go without?
We all want codecs back, though we're not sure now due to Palutena's guidance. So no one knows at the moment, I hope snake comes with codecs.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Didn't the JP voice actor for Col. Campbell pass away a few years back? That could be a problem for potential codecs...

They could just use Otacon and Mei Ling but it won't feel the same without the Colonel :c

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Er...how does the death of Campbell's JP voice actor affect his appearance in a future MGS game? It's not like his English voice actor died too. What am I missing here?

StormC

Smash Hero
Voice actors in Japan are treated very seriously. The death of a voice actor often means the retirement of a character.

I think it's not a good idea for two reasons.

1. Snake was already in the game. Simon shouldn't replace him just because they come from the same company. Bringing back Snake should be a bigger priority than adding Simon.
2. Here's the thing about third parties in Smash: they are character synonymous with their brand. Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man, and Mega Man are huge video game icons and tightly linked to the franchises they represent, and are all very popular characters in their own rights. However, very few care about Simon Belmont as a character. When they want Simon in Smash, what they're really just saying is "I want Castlevania representation." Castlevania lacks a central protagonist that can be considered synonymous with it. Personally, I think Castlevania should get a stage, but not necessarily a character.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Er...how does the death of Campbell's JP voice actor affect his appearance in a future MGS game? It's not like his English voice actor died too. What am I missing here?
Nostalgia? Familiarity? It's the same with Mako Iwamatsu dying and Greg Baldwin taking over as Iroh. It sounds like Mako, but it's not Mako since it's not a perfect imitation which might be impossible.

At least Iroh had someone who could take over like that, but Heihachi Mishima's voice actor passed away and I don't think anyone replaced him except for a magical, de-aging potion that allowed for a new voice actor to do a younger Heihachi voice.

This is also like David Hayter not voicing Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V. It makes sense for Richard Doyle to voice an old Big Boss in MGS4, but not for someone else to voice Big Boss in Ground Zeroes which takes place about weeks instead of several decades after the previous game, Peace Walker. Sure, Keifer Sutherland for BIg Boss in The Phantom Pain works since 9 years can change a person's voice especially if said person smokes and while in the hospital and in a coma, can have some of his lungs cleared. Frankly, it wouldn't have been a problem if Sutherland voiced Big Boss starting with Peace Walker or even MGS3 or Portable Ops.

Same goes for Splinter Cell: Blacklist not having Michael Ironside for Sam Fisher even though they could just do motion capture and voice work separately which is what many game studios do.

Or Cole MacGrath's new voice actor in inFAMOUS 2 which is explained as Cole's vocal chords healing from the Empire City Blast.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Kojima retired the campbell character out of respect for the Japanese VA. So he probably won't appear in a future MGS.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=1277
Oh, that's too bad. It would've been awesome to see the colonel appear in a future MGS game again along with the others. If there really isn't anyone else who could take over as the new voice for him, then I can see why Kojima decided to close the curtain for the character.

R.I.P. Takeshi Aono...

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Kojima retired the campbell character out of respect for the Japanese VA. So he probably won't appear in a future MGS.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=1277

Damn.

I can't help but shake the feeling that part of the reason people want Simon in is to have a Captain N reunion of sorts ("Well, we have Pit/Kid Icarus, Mega Man, so where's Simon?").

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I was searching the web for some SSB4 fan art and I came across this:

What do you guys think? Wouldn't it be awesome for Snake to have Splash Art like this for his reveal?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I was searching the web for some SSB4 fan art and I came across this:

What do you guys think? Wouldn't it be awesome for Snake to have Splash Art like this for his reveal?
That totally would've been awesome...except where's the beard and mustache?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way, guys, if you haven't checked out Harmony of Heroes do it now! It gave us this beautiful gem right here.
It's a medley of the Encounter theme and the Metal Gear Solid theme, I recommend listening to the entire thing.
Also, I'm No Hero is a Re-orchestration of the MGS4 Theme and the Love Theme Brawl Version.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
By the way, guys, if you haven't checked out Harmony of Heroes do it now! It gave us this beautiful gem right here.
It's a medley of the Encounter theme and the Metal Gear Solid theme, I recommend listening to the entire thing.
Also, I'm No Hero is a Re-orchestration of the MGS4 Theme and the Love Theme Brawl Version.
I downloaded the metal gear album from harmony of heroes. I'm no hero and the Zanzibar one are my favorites.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
That totally would've been awesome...except where's the beard and mustache?
That is artwork of his MGS1 appearance. He didn't have a beard or mustache in that game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wonder if Snake would get Keifer Sutherland should he return.

Maybe to promote Phantom Pain.

Top Bottom