• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
You know how the release date was suppose to be in the summer for the 3DS game? Maybe sakurai wanted snake to be in, and hearing kojima encouraged him, so he delayed the game and moved it to September/October
It's just something I was thinking about, and plus, if snake isn't done yet, he won't be put on the box and be pushed as DLC when he does finish

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Haha, put on a box... hahaha... ahhh... dem phantom pain boxes...

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
You know how the release date was suppose to be in the summer for the 3DS game? Maybe sakurai wanted snake to be in, and hearing kojima encouraged him, so he delayed the game and moved it to September/October
It's just something I was thinking about, and plus, if snake isn't done yet, he won't be put on the box and be pushed as DLC when he does finish
I actually thought of that back when the delay was first announced. And yeah, I agree.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You could technically apply this to any character by removing Kojima.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Sorry I haven't posted in the last few pages, been busy lately. As for the Wolf Alt, that doesn't bode well for Wolf, but as for Snake, I believe Snake will be a secert character, if not DLC.

As for real life, I was making ghillie suits with my sister and the topic of MGS came up, but she thought it was called Solid Snake Series. I have failed as a brother.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I haven't posted in the last few pages, been busy lately. As for the Wolf Alt, that doesn't bode well for Wolf, but as for Snake, I believe Snake will be a secert character, if not DLC.

As for real life, I was making ghillie suits with my sister and the topic of MGS came up, but she thought it was called Solid Snake Series. I have failed as a brother.
Reminds me of everyone who calls Samus Metroid and Link Zelda.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
I like how Snake is the only veteran in the Danger Zone with no soft deconfirmation. I like it a lot.

Fox's black costume is supposedly really close to Wolf.

Ness is in the long line of solo reps.

Ice Climbers have the 3DS against them.

Squirtle and Ivysaur wouldn't be added before Mewtwo, and 8 Pokemon reps looks unlikely.

Snake's only hiccup is that he hasn't been confirmed yet. Nobuka Toda speaks only good things.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm going to go out on a limb and hope that Snake is an elaborately hidden character that will stump everyone.
A few other characters too, maybe...

There's also the possibility of Snake being on the Wii U version for hype, with the 3DS receiving free DLC once it comes out.

But if neither situation plays out... I guess we just keep bugging Sakurai and Kojima about it.
We just have to "practically beg" right?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm going to go out on a limb and hope that Snake is an elaborately hidden character that will stump everyone.
A few other characters too, maybe...

There's also the possibility of Snake being on the Wii U version for hype, with the 3DS receiving free DLC once it comes out.

But if neither situation plays out... I guess we just keep bugging Sakurai and Kojima about it.
We just have to "practically beg" right?
I personally believe he'll be a secret character, like with Wolf and R.O.B.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
There isn't also any marketing danger for snake being hidden either,due to the fact there are 2 versions. He'll be hidden in the 3ds version, everybody finds out, and he'll probably put on the back of the box on the wii u version, so he'll get recognition.

Making him Wii U exclusive 3ds dlc can also happen, he is character that brought tons hype to brawl,and I mean tons, he could be a character that continues the hype for the wii u version, it makes sense. Probably the perfect character for it, or maybe mewtwo, depending if he is in the main game.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely on the team that he'll be used to hype the WiiU release.
Third Parties are the easiest way for that.

Nobuka Toda speaks only good things.
Yep I really think her being there is a good sign for us all. Sure she has done other works but it's the MGS stuff that she's known for.

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I seriously doubt that Snake is in the base game at this point; it's almost certain he would've been in the leak. DLC is the best bet.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Plus with the fact that Kojima said he wanted Sakurai to use snake again we know there isn't any bad blood there more than likely. Why Sakurai decided to use to not use snake ahead of time might have just been related to the mascot advertising on 3DS. Would be kind of hard to fit those 4 in advertising and have snake always sitting out.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
There is 5 more days, 5 more days till we find out the truth.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
There is 5 more days, 5 more days till we find out the truth.
Indeed, will it be heaven? Or Hell?

In these final moments, at least we gotta be thankful for all the good times weve had here. Discussing snake and our love of metal gear, it has been the best place to be a snake fan as far as smash bros goes and im honored to see it through with all you guys.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Lets make it our goal to hit 100 pages before smash 4 releases.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Yeah. let's try to hit 100.

btw guys check out my thread.
Check Out My Sonic the Hedgehog Movest Analyzes/Speculation thread -click here-
are there any Sonic mains/fans here?

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Not too bad of a situation to be in.

If Snake isn't a character in 3DS, there is the chance for DLC and WiiU.

Makes sense to use popular characters to give the wii u version a push and keep hyping the game...along with MGSV as well. Think about it, characters are what hypes the game the most...hype isn't going to die out after the handheld smash is released with the wii u still coming.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So I think snake would be the first dlc to be shown of.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Five days... wow.

We don't even know if there is DLC so hold your horses! Although it would be logical to say that, all things considered.
yeah I meant by if there is dlc and snake isn't in the full game then he would be first to be shown.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Considering how much Nintendo is banking on Smash for the holidays, I can't see them not doing DLC.
Plus the job listing awhile back that listed Smash 6 might instead have been for a team to specifically do just DLC.
Since a common idea is that Smash 4 is 3DS, Smash 5 is WiiU and 6 could be seen as the DLC update or updates.

Since we all know the huge amount of time in between titles.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Considering how much Nintendo is banking on Smash for the holidays, I can't see them not doing DLC.
Plus the job listing awhile back that listed Smash 6 might instead have been for a team to specifically do just DLC.
Since a common idea is that Smash 4 is 3DS, Smash 5 is WiiU and 6 could be seen as the DLC update or updates.

Since we all know the huge amount of time in between titles.
Perhaps Smash 6 was a misinterpretation. It may not be a game, it might be referring to 6 DLC characters. The could be called "The Smash 6" as a bit of a callback to "The Forbidden 7" for all we know.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Who's Left Guys? Give your thoughts.
What I'm calling "The Forgotten 4" which is Snake, Wolf (maybe), Lucas, and Ice Climbers.
That leaves 1 other character, and the Random slot.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can't see all of the remaining five characters being newcomers; Mewtwo's probably a given, and I'm thinking that one of the other ones relates to the missing stage on the stage select (seeing as unlocking characters has unlocked stages before, as seen with Toon Link, Game & Watch, and the third party characters). It's probably overly optimistic to hope that one of those spots belongs to Snake (who would come with a stage that's likely based on MGS3), but I can still hope.

Beyond that, I'd like it if it was Ice Climbers (it seems unusual for an entire series to be removed), Ridley, and a Donkey Kong newcomer (probably Dixie, though I'd prefer K. Rool), but that would be too good to be true.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
What I'm calling "The Forgotten 4" which is Snake, Wolf (maybe), Lucas, and Ice Climbers.
That leaves 1 other character, and the Random slot.
The problem with Lucas is that Ness in the single rep line, this does not bode well for Lucas. But who knows, anything can happen.
It can be anyone, only time will tell.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The problem with Lucas is that Ness in the single rep line, this does not bode well for Lucas. But who knows, anything can happen.
It can be anyone, only time will tell.
Take a look at where Dark Pit and Lucina are, do those seem like logical places for them to be?
No, that's why I think after everyone is unlocked the roster will rearrange, not saying Lucas is for sure going to be in it's just a very strange situation is all.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Take a look at where Dark Pit and Lucina are, do those seem like logical places for them to be?
No, that's why I think after everyone is unlocked the roster will rearrange, not saying Lucas is for sure going to be in it's just a very strange situation is all.
I wonder if the clones will even move to their respective series. If they do, then there can be another metroid rep and stuff.

Whatever the placement is won't really affect snake, there can be one more 3rd party on the line.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Beyond that, I'd like it if it was Ice Climbers (it seems unusual for an entire series to be removed),
Even if the ice climbers are gone, their series will still have representation via smash run,items,trophies and maybe music. So their series is still in smash some what, but that does not soften the blow due that we'd lose playable rep from it, and nothing can really fix that.

If Snake is gone, everything he brought with him will be gone, and the potential content he could have brought to this new game will be gone as well. We'd probably won't even get a trophy if he is gone.

I don't know what is worse, having a series lose it's only rep, and looking at their minor representation.Which will hurt, because looking at the polar bear or their item will remind at you at one point that these guys were playable and were going to be playable
or
Losing the entire series and not having anything to really remember the character by.(Sheik's grenades might sting a bit though.)

Top Bottom