• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

I actually made solace with the fact that Snake wouldn't return, but coming back here makes me sad, man; I love snake! And like cool mario bros. mentioned, it would be such a slap in the face, especially since the crawling mechanic was introduced to the series because of Snake. Same goes for the ability to eat while you lay on the ground.

I know we have a bunch of 3rd party characters, but I really don't give a flying **** about any of them! That includes Megaman (Sorry, I grew up on Megaman X). Only one I ever cared about was Snake. He is such a wild card, but fits into the smash universe so well. I can't help but feel like the roster is empty without him since he was the first character to do the impossible and compete in a Nintendo exclusive franchise.

Let's pray for Snake. I'll wait as long as it takes to see him in smash again.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Snake brought a lot to smash that people seem to forget.
It's a shame the character to introduce so much wasn't someone that we knew was in from Day 1.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
If all the spots are used its 6, but if you take out a spot for the miis and random it's four.

My guess is 5 slots are up in the air.

Also don't know if all spots will be used (like in Melee). Has been confirmed that there is ATLEAST one unleaked character via smash4dojo citing the smashboards leaker here. However, wouldn't announce who it was even though they know.

Could be possible that one character is left for unlocking in the game that we don't know of and the other 4 could be DLC. Two packs of two with more stages, items and costumes...like MK8.

Could definitely see Snake (Big Boss more likely) be the very last unlock due to his sneakiness and Kojima/Sakurai trolling factor. This would be awesome with a Launch trailer.

Could also see Snake being in as DLC to promote MGSV or SSBWU closer to their dates.

So BOTH work, and that makes me a happy fanboy. Here's to hoping!

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
something i did to explain why snake could be in Super Smash bros 4

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=66334

let it load (trust me ) and if you have firefox then better
Meh I don't see it. You contradict yourself when suggesting that Link will be replaced by Snake in that option (picture) but then go on to ask why the picture has 5 characters instead of 4.

Also it seems pretty clear to me that Link deserves to be in that picture along with the other big icons. While pokemon is also a really big nintendo thing, it isn't nearly as old as Zelda.

Zelda is the biggest and oldest Nintendo series aside from Mario.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The 5 of them can be on the all star icon because they are starter, why would you have an unlockable on an icon?

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Meh I don't see it. You contradict yourself when suggesting that Link will be replaced by Snake in that option (picture) but then go on to ask why the picture has 5 characters instead of 4...
Maybe you didnt get it
(or maybe you did and i just dont get what you mean ) anyways im going to type it here (and you tell me where is the flaw if there's any)

I say there're 5 characters because there's a fifth company

I say Link ruins the balance no matter how important he is it doesnt make sense to me... is unnecesary

If there was only Sonic and megaman in the roster then I would be ok with it since Link would be needed to show a fourth character (why? You could say maybe Because the game supports 4 players and that's a good way to show it)

Then why would they put 5 characters? it's unnecesary (since Link doesnt represent Nintendo)
and why over represent Nintendo like that? as I said in that case it maybe because Nintendo is the company making the game , BUT it could also be because there's a fifth company in the game (maybe konami) and the image of Link is going to get replaced with another character that better fits the option (once that character gets unlocked maybe?)

it wouldnt bother me if that option in the menu had just random characters (Pacman ,Mario , Dk , little mac)

This is just me speculating , there's no definitive proof yet but I think Snake has a big chance to appear in the game

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Via http://ssb4dojo.com

"A highly respected moderator on Smashboards has stated that the known leaked CSS IS NOT COMPLETE meaning he has proof on at least one character but NOT that there will be 5. Now nothing is saying that there is not 5 more characters, just as of right now, we only know of 1 more character (which the moderator is not releasing)."

Got atleast one more character. Not sure if other spots will be in there or DLC down the line.

However, do think Snake has a pretty good chance to be one of the Final 5!

Characters I see possible for this: Snake, Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Chorus Men (or Marshall), Mewtwo, Impa, Dixie.

Would count CM, Impa and Dixie out of the final five if not DLC (Everyone seems to forget Sakurai Stated Bottom of the Barrel with new comers before Robin's announcement..and with DHD and B.JR left to be announced, we'd reach that point).

This only leaves Snake, Lucas, Wolf, Mewtwo, and Ice Climbers if all 5 spots are filled...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
why show 5 characters in the first place I wonder ...
I'm not really arguing against your point, yeah it is kinda weird to see link with the 4 characters. It brings up an interesting question, but it is not the best point to use to back up snake's chances. I do think that all star mode does not deconfirm him, as the 3 3rd parties plus link and mario are starter, which is why the 3 3rd parties are on the back of the promotional card and all-star mode. Who knows,maybe link might get replace by snake on the icon if snake is in.

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really arguing against your point, yeah it is kinda weird to see link with the 4 characters. It brings up an interesting question, but it is not the best point to use to back up snake's chances. I do think that all star mode does not deconfirm him, as the 3 3rd parties plus link and mario are starter, which is why the 3 3rd parties are on the back of the promotional card and all-star mode. Who knows,maybe link might get replace by snake on the icon if snake is in.

yeah I know this isn't really like saying "Then Snake must be in" "SNAKE CONFIRMED" but this is the best I can think of , also it works with the possibility of DLC for the game . These are hard times.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
yeah I know this isn't really like saying "Then Snake must be in" "SNAKE CONFIRMED" but this is the best I can think of , also it works with the possibility of DLC for the game . These are hard times.
Yeah they are, but there is 4 more days left. We'll find out soon enough if he is in.
Either way the phoenix wright presentation was cool, I need to play that game some day.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Maybe you didnt get it
(or maybe you did and i just dont get what you mean ) anyways im going to type it here (and you tell me where is the flaw if there's any)

I say there're 5 characters because there's a fifth company

I say Link ruins the balance no matter how important he is it doesnt make sense to me... is unnecesary

If there was only Sonic and megaman in the roster then I would be ok with it since Link would be needed to show a fourth character (why? You could say maybe Because the game supports 4 players and that's a good way to show it)

Then why would they put 5 characters? it's unnecesary (since Link doesnt represent Nintendo)
and why over represent Nintendo like that? as I said in that case it maybe because Nintendo is the company making the game , BUT it could also be because there's a fifth company in the game (maybe konami) and the image of Link is going to get replaced with another character that better fits the option (once that character gets unlocked maybe?)

it wouldnt bother me if that option in the menu had just random characters (Pacman ,Mario , Dk , little mac)

This is just me speculating , there's no definitive proof yet but I think Snake has a big chance to appear in the game
Ok, I getcha now ^_^

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Snake being the last unlock makes perfect sense.

First Third Party Character. Big Reveal again (could have a Big Boss trailer). Plus, it's in his nature to be sneaky and hidden..

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Snake being the last unlock makes perfect sense.

First Third Party Character. Big Reveal again (could have a Big Boss trailer). Plus, it's in his nature to be sneaky and hidden..
I hope he is one of the final 5..

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
The game credits would have to make mention of Konami right?
if he is in the game?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I won't stop believing until we see the final roster with "congratulations, you've unlocked every character!"

The moment that happens without Snake, I'll never get off the DLC train until we reach our final destination.

And it he is a secret character, gloriously sweet victory.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I won't stop believing until we see the final roster with "congratulations, you've unlocked every character!"

The moment that happens without Snake, I'll never get off the DLC train until we reach our final destination.

And it he is a secret character, gloriously sweet victory.
Ah I can taste it now.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
There is going to be a stream friday, our last stand...

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Snake, Try to remember some of the basics of CQC. (im ready for this week)

Top Bottom