• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Here's the image he was trying to post.

Wait, I instantly thought Little Mac but he has no gloves. I can't make it out at all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The game credits would have to make mention of Konami right?
if he is in the game?
I'm not sure - on one hand, the box of Super Smash Bros. didn't mention Ape Inc. and Shigesato Itoi, and the box of Melee didn't mention Intelligent Systems, so it seems that unlockable characters don't have to be credited on a box's copyright information, but I don't know if the same rule applies for third party characters since we haven't had this case before.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
To be fair, the initial box art leak didn't mention MONOLITHSOFT either. Shulk's in now.

Who knows, Snake still has a faint chance.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm not sure - on one hand, the box of Super Smash Bros. didn't mention Ape Inc. and Shigesato Itoi, and the box of Melee didn't mention Intelligent Systems, so it seems that unlockable characters don't have to be credited on a box's copyright information, but I don't know if the same rule applies for third party characters since we haven't had this case before.
what about ingame though? That's what I curious about, is it possible to make him secret without the title screen spoiling it? They list the companies under the title, and if it says konami digital entertainment, that's a dead giveaway.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
what about ingame though? That's what I curious about, is it possible to make him secret without the title screen spoiling it? They list the companies under the title, and if it says konami digital entertainment, that's a dead giveaway.
Similar to the trailers, the character's companies only show up on the title screen once they are unlocked.

They would appear in the actual end credits, however.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Similar to the trailers, the character's companies only show up on the title screen once they are unlocked.

so to unlock snake, you need to view the end credits :p

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman

Looks like were going to be combing those credits.
Since that's what I meant.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If Snake gets in, I could easily manage a setting from Metal Gear Solid 3 as a stage - maybe the area where you fight the Shagohod, with these (minus the bullet shields and longer) serving as the floating platforms? The Shagohod could act as a stage hazard, or maybe it could be a background element with Eva luring it around on her bike.

Then again, it's been a while since I played MGS3 - any other ideas?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So i went back and played Brawl yesterday for old time sakes. I played as Snake. I absolutely did not like Snake in brawl to me he was very slow (guess im just use to Project M)
His C4 is sticky and explodes quickly don't get to dentate it.
His Landmines just disappear after awhile.
They should change all that in SSBU/3DS here's some changes i would like to see.
- Snake can do backflips in the Twin Snakes he could do backflips left and right, that why the Twin Snakes is so EPIC. i would like to see some backflips.
-Nikita replaced with Bazooka from Ground Zeroes. In Ground Zeroes the Bazooka was so COOL and EPIC i would like to see it and he should have to reload it after each use. He should be able to run when reloading it.
- Naked Snake Alt. ok so Zipzo said Sonic did not have any interesting Alts so i doubt Snake will have one i guess there's always DLC Costumes.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I will check out Brawl and see if they credit Snake before he is unlocked.

Would imagine that that info is blocked out until he is unlocked like it was in 64.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
If Snake gets in, I could easily manage a setting from Metal Gear Solid 3 as a stage - maybe the area where you fight the Shagohod, with these (minus the bullet shields and longer) serving as the floating platforms? The Shagohod could act as a stage hazard, or maybe it could be a background element with Eva luring it around on her bike.

Then again, it's been a while since I played MGS3 - any other ideas?
The rickety bridge where you first meet the Cobras, Groznyj Grad, and the field of white flowers where you fight The Boss.

Would imagine that that info is blocked out until he is unlocked like it was in 64.
If I remember correctly, Shadow Moses Island is a default stage and you actually unlock Snake by playing on it, so Konami is probably credited from the first time you boot up the game.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

what leprechaunlink727 said. try out sonic instead. His stage and character were not default.

But aren't both of them in the intro?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So i went back and played Brawl yesterday for old time sakes. I played as Snake. I absolutely did not like Snake in brawl to me he was very slow (guess im just use to Project M)
His C4 is sticky and explodes quickly don't get to dentate it.
His Landmines just disappear after awhile.
They should change all that in SSBU/3DS here's some changes i would like to see.
- Snake can do backflips in the Twin Snakes he could do backflips left and right, that why the Twin Snakes is so EPIC. i would like to see some backflips.
-Nikita replaced with Bazooka from Ground Zeroes. In Ground Zeroes the Bazooka was so COOL and EPIC i would like to see it and he should have to reload it after each use. He should be able to run when reloading it.
- Naked Snake Alt. ok so Zipzo said Sonic did not have any interesting Alts so i doubt Snake will have one i guess there's always DLC Costumes.
I like his project m style, with the m9 tranquilizer it's much easier to stick c4 on people. But I have to sacrifice the nikita though, which I liked.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I like his project m style, with the m9 tranquilizer it's much easier to stick c4 on people. But I have to sacrifice the nikita though, which I liked.
The Nikita it's so nostalgic it always reminded me when Snake fought REX and destroyed the Radom.

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't matter what's the outcome is guys , at least we have the memories , I'll never forget that moment that Snake, my favorite character, was revealed for the only fighting game I was good at .

If he doesn't come back .... well it will be painful for me at least but I will try to enjoy the new Smash anyways

I'll never forget the hitboxes , the Gameplay , the bomb recoveries , the codec conversations , the way he said "tasty" when he ate , the butterfly shaped C4 and the awesome Music...

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The Nikita it's so nostalgic it always reminded me when Snake fought REX and destroyed the Radom.
Yeah man.. I knocked out a lot of people with the nikita. One time someone ran into my mine I place and I nailed them with a mortar shell. It was cool.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Snake should just be an alt for Master Chief. :troll:

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163

I don't know if your joking or being serious. But *laughs*
NOW GET OUT OF HERE PAKER, AND FETCH ME MORE PHOTOS OF SPIDER MAN WITH HIS HAND IN A COOKIE JAR
Lmao, yeah I was just kidding. Added a trollface to let others know.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
If your trying to make this some weird metaphor for Snakus, you're sadly mistaken.

@ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd I like you as an internet friend, and you're incredibly funny. It's also nice to have some one else here who has military knowledge.
Fabulous!
Alright Snake, we're waiting on you!
Anytime you're ready...
Another Menu Screen...
Yeah, I've come to expect that in this past week, I think Sakurai is just screwing around trying to stall until the game comes out, that or is teasing us. Probably both.

Top Bottom