• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I thought Sakurai didn't understand English. The implication here is that he browses Western sites and has his translator say things to him, and now it's because of the players that Snake sits this one out.

Which quite frankly, is extremely ********.
that's only assuming the Japanese audience had its share of trolls, but even then it's probably something he wouldn't do, but as weird as his decisions can be we just never know. And we might never know what's going through his thought process until he says it.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Posted this in Official Character thread, but with so much Bayonetta Talk, was omitted.
Think this can work for Snake's inclusion (eventually..if not in 3DS)

With Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt left to be revealed, I don't think any of the remaining unlockables will be new characters.

Sorry Ridley, Krool and Dixie. Maybe for WiiU or DLC.

Before Robin (Lucina) and Shulk were revealed, I am pretty sure Sakurai stated we are nearing "the bottom of the barrel" with reveal trailers. If you throw three more characters in, that defeats the whole purpose of saying it to begin with.

Think that most of the New Characters will have their reveal trailers in the game (akin to Brawl with third parties) and that's part of the reason they get those trailers, to make them special. Clones are simply tagged in other trailers (Dark Pit, Lucina).

If we are looking at characters not listed on the leaked roster, we have about a maximum of 5 slots (if Miis replace Random), should look at these guys: Lucas, Wolf, Mewtwo, Snake, Ice Climbers.

If the Roster is completely full and you take into account that Gematsu was early information, it is a good probablility that we will get those 5 (or swap a Rhtym Heaven rep in for Mewtwo or Lucas).

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Posted this in Official Character thread, but with so much Bayonetta Talk, was omitted.If the Roster is completely full and you take into account that Gematsu was early information, it is a good probablility that we will get those 5 (or swap a Rhtym Heaven rep in for Mewtwo WOLF or Lucas).
Fixed. No way Wolf would made over Mewtwo.
IMO, the final characters are Ice Climbers, Snake, Mewtwo and Chorus Kid/Marshall. I just can't belive that the Mii will be in the random space.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
@ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss I understand how you feel. This thread is going to attract so many Purists and trolls if Snake gets cut, so much so that we might have to move the entire thread to a Private conversation.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Umm, YEAHHH!

Unless you find wobbling and infinite chaingrabs fair.
Weather or not you find them cheap, no one benefits from a character being cut. That goes for every fighter, even clones. Besides, the leakers didn't even have the full roster unlocked, so they're not 100% reliable when it comes to talking about cut characters. Sakurai has mentioned on many occasions that he hates cutting character, and that he himself doesn't care for console wars. Either way, neither Snake nor Ice Climbers are out of the picture yet. The game comes out in japan in a little over a week, anyway, so we don't have a long wait ahead of us.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Weather or not you find them cheap, no one benefits from a character being cut. That goes for every fighter, even clones. Besides, the leakers didn't even have the full roster unlocked, so they're not 100% reliable when it comes to talking about cut characters. Sakurai has mentioned on many occasions that he hates cutting character, and that he himself doesn't care for console wars. Either way, neither Snake nor Ice Climbers are out of the picture yet. The game comes out in japan in a little over a week, anyway, so we don't have a long wait ahead of us.
Yeah, we'll see about that. As far as I know they aren't coming back. If they do, they will probably end up as DLC in the future.

Anyway, back to the actual topic. If Snake does return as a playable character or DLC character I wonder which one they will go with. I personally like Snake Eater: Snake the best.

Last edited:

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Yeah, we'll see about that. As far as I know they aren't coming back. If they do, they will probably end up as DLC in the future.

Anyway, back to the actual topic. If Snake does return as a playable character or DLC character I wonder which one they will go with. I personally like Snake Eater: Snake the best.
I like what they did with Snake in Brawl, having elements of both Naked and Solid, while still maintaining Solid's identity. It made for a nice design and some more enjoyable jokes. Solid has more matierial to work with in terms of fanservice and inside jokes anyway, not to mention Otacon.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I like what they did with Snake in Brawl, having elements of both Naked and Solid, while still maintaining Solid's identity. It made for a nice design and some more enjoyable jokes. Solid has more matierial to work with in terms of fanservice and inside jokes anyway, not to mention Otacon.
I don't exactly remember there being elements of Naked Snake, besides maybe his beard. I'm sure they went with Solid because of Twin Snakes (an amazing game that I never got to finish). Though the more recent port of MGS3 on the 3ds leads me to believe that if Snake were to become playable, that's the one they would go with.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't exactly remember there being elements of Naked Snake, besides maybe his beard. I'm sure they went with Solid because of Twin Snakes (an amazing game that I never got to finish). Though the more recent port of MGS3 on the 3ds leads me to believe that if Snake were to become playable, that's the one they would go with.
or maybe...

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Man I really need to game to hurry up and come out so we can get to the talk about DLC and whats in store for the WiiU version.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I would really like that, and could see that happening. Solid would be more weapons based and long distance, while Naked would be more CQC and short ranged. What do you guys think about that?
And Liquid would be all about fanservice. :p

Big Boss to me would be more about mid-ranged combat and CQC while Solidus would be almost entirely reliant on close-combat tentacles and sword-action. Solid being long and mid-ranged makes sense considering the tech he has available to him compared to Big Boss's era even with the anachronistic stuff added.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
And Liquid would be all about fanservice. :p
You know speaking of Liquid. If Snake is back I hope Liquid is a Boss in Smash Run or at least a Stage Hazard/AT or at least a Trophy. It really bugged me cause he didn't have a Trophy in Brawl.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You know speaking of Liquid. If Snake is back I hope Liquid is a Boss in Smash Run or at least a Stage Hazard/AT or at least a Trophy. It really bugged me cause he didn't have a Trophy in Brawl.

His appearance alone should make SSB4 rated T. Man oozes suggestiveness. :p

In all seriousness, he could pop up in Rex and shoot people.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I would want/hope for REX to be Snake's new final smash.
If done wrong, people would complain that it's a Giga Bowser or Landmaster copy - you know how people are. I think Snake getting a Railgun or doing a Box Charge might have less chances to be considered "copies".

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can I just bring something up real quick?
Why are the Polar Bears still in the game while the Ice Climbers are cut?
That's like a big F.U. to any Ice Climber mains, something is fishy here, real fishy.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
That's like a big F.U. to any Ice Climber mains, something is fishy here, real fishy.
It might be because the aren't cut after all. Like I have stated before, the leakers aren't 100% reliable with information about cuts, ESPECIALLY since none of them have even unlocked the full roster. The CSS could scroll or have multiple pages for all we know, but we can't confirm or deny anyone until release. I'm optimistic that Snake is one of the remaining characters, and I won't change my mind, even if it means sitting in the Microwave Hallway.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Another thing that is fishy was that Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, but we didn't see a Rhythm Heaven rep like Marshal.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Another thing that is fishy was that Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, but we didn't see a Rhythm Heaven rep like Marshal.
A thing is a new series, a thing is a series which only rep is a fan-favourite. And Sakurai hates cut characters, because everyone have his fan-base (yes, even Pichu). In fact, Pichu's and Mewtwo's trophy in Brawl don't have any reference to their playability in Melee, because they was cut and Sakuray doesn't want to remeber this to their fans. So I really can't see him kepping the Polar Bear if the Ice Climbers aren't in.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The common theory is that they were trying to get them to work, but it was too hard, evidenced by his comments about the the difficulty of getting the ice climbers to work. I am sure there is a way to get them to work, and there is still a good chance that the 4 alleged cuts can still be in the game.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
A thing is a new series, a thing is a series which only rep is a fan-favourite. And Sakurai hates cut characters, because everyone have his fan-base (yes, even Pichu). In fact, Pichu's and Mewtwo's trophy in Brawl don't have any reference to their playability in Melee, because they was cut and Sakuray doesn't want to remeber this to their fans. So I really can't see him kepping the Polar Bear if the Ice Climbers aren't in.
Yeah and us Snake mains still have no proof of Metal Gear still being in the game. :(
I would always be for Snake having Rex as a final smash, it would be suiting given MGS4.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Was this discussed at all?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=883217

Kiefer Sutherland said he voiced Mortal Kombat but that's not the case perhaps.

Maybe we have a reverse case of when the Mocap artist thought he didSmash instead of PSAS. So maybe Kiefer voiced smash and just thought it was MK.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who gets nervous everytime a new song gets put up? With the whole Toda thing, if we can find one song that she composes that isn't Metal Gear... well... you know what that means.

Lord_Arceus

Smash Rookie
So reportedly, someone in France got the game early (It's like Pokemon X & Y all over again). We will probably know of Snake's fate sometime this week.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So reportedly, someone in France got the game early (It's like Pokemon X & Y all over again). We will probably know of Snake's fate sometime this week.

Here's hoping for a legitimate leaked snake pic

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And Liquid would be all about fanservice.
SNAAAAAAYKE, DIDCHU LIEK MAI SUNGLAAAAAAHSES

LETS FIGHT BARE CHESTED ON TOP A DESTROYED NUCLEAR WEAPON MY BRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTHHHHHHHERRRRRRRRRRR

CUNSIDURRRR IT AN HONAH, A GIFFFFT FROM YOUR BRRRROTHAH
NAO
U SHALL BEAH WITNESSSS TO THE DEEEMIN WEPIN
DAT WILL DRAG TUH WURLD
INTO DA TWENTEEEE FURST CENTURRREH

I can't resist going ham whenever liquid is mentioned

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

What is the source of this?

I NEED YOUR SOURCE FOR THIS BRO

Last edited:
Top Bottom