• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If Snake is in we'd have seen him already. He's probably the biggest of the third parties in this day of age, and he's got seniority over Sonic and Mega Man. One of the most iconic video game characters with a rich history, a revolutionary series and is actually still going strong today.

They'd use him for advertisement if he's in, but they aren't. He's really the cut that I won't ever understand.
I also kinda feel that if keifer sutherland was voicing him he would have been announced earlier, as he's a big a voice actor and it would bring more hype.

I think dlc snake is a possibility , it would bring some good hype to the wii u version.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I also kinda feel that if keifer sutherland was voicing him he would have been announced earlier, as he's a big a voice actor and it would bring more hype.

I think dlc snake is a possibility , it would bring some good hype to the wii u version.
I don't think they'd want a Shulk style foreshadowing for someone like Snake.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Plot twist: Snake returns, but is called "Young Snake" and is voiced by David Hayter. His design is based on his Metal Gear appearance with a touch of Metal Gear Solid V's style. When the trailer ends, some mysterious phrases pops up and Hideo Kojima, Keifer Sutherland, and David Hayter all wink while making a "V" sign. Solid Snake confirmed in Super Smash Bros. 4 and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
For what it's worth I saw Hayter post a Metal Gear-related tweet (that isn't a reply) yesterday when I haven't seen him do that since the whole Keifer thing.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Plot twist: Snake returns, but is called "Young Snake" and is voiced by David Hayter. His design is based on his Metal Gear appearance with a touch of Metal Gear Solid V's style. When the trailer ends, some mysterious phrases pops up and Hideo Kojima, Keifer Sutherland, and David Hayter all wink while making a "V" sign. Solid Snake confirmed in Super Smash Bros. 4 and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
I doubt hayter would be able to voice a young kid. I think he would would pop up in the end with a codec call with big boss and snake, talking about operation intrude n313

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I doubt hayter would be able to voice a young kid. I think he would would pop up in the end with a codec call with big boss and snake, talking about operation intrude n313
I agree that The Phantom Pain's ending could have Big Boss telling Snake what to do that leads up to Metal Gear. That's the only thing I can think of besides a retcon where Solid and Liquid physically age up to adults by the end of it.

Hmm, maybe that reveal trailer should have have Liquid being all sad and stuff, then Raiden shows up to comfort him and Liquid uppercuts him.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy there's actually a lot of Fanbases that hate each other and feel threaten by one another.
Take Mewtwo for example I said something about Jiggs having Priority over Mewtwo and people started attacking me left and right (im a big Mewtwo supporter) by the way. Each fanbase feels threaten by one another.
Is Isaac fans feeling threaten by Shulk's confirmation? I need to vist the Isaac thread sometimes.

No. Sutherland may be a good VA. But he shouldn't voice Solid Snake at all. It should be David Hayter. David is basically begging nowadays to Voice Snake in some way.
He's actually four years older than Sonic.

Think about that.
He may be older than Sonic. But I feel both should be treated equally if one's cut the other should be to. They both appeared in Brawl together that make's them both "Special Characters". Ok Story time. back when E3 2013 I just finished Snake Eater 3D. Saw the Smash Brothers trailer I thought (and was worried) Snake/Sonic were cut due to the fact that Megaman had similar moves to Snake/Sonic. Finally we got Sonic reveled (I was one happy duck that day) and I was like now Snake you cant have one without the other.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He may be older than Sonic. But I feel both should be treated equally if one's cut the other should be to. They both appeared in Brawl together that make's them both "Special Characters". Ok Story time. back when E3 2013 I just finished Snake Eater 3D. Saw the Smash Brothers trailer I thought (and was worried) Snake/Sonic were cut due to the fact that Megaman had similar moves to Snake/Sonic. Finally we got Sonic reveled (I was one happy duck that day) and I was like now Snake you cant have one without the other.
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he should get in over Sonic, just throwing out that he's got seniority lol.

I don't think he should replace any of the 3rd parties, even if I'm not exactly thrilled by Mega Man and Pac Man after seeing them.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he should get in over Sonic, just throwing out that he's got seniority lol.

I don't think he should replace any of the 3rd parties, even if I'm not exactly thrilled by Mega Man and Pac Man after seeing them.
You don't like Megaman or Pac-Man? Why?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You don't like Megaman or Pac-Man? Why?
After seeing Palutena Mega Man's moveset felt...a little uninspired if that's the right word to use in terms of specials. I feel like he should have gotten the customizable moveset instead. Also from footage he doesn't exactly seem to have a good playstyle. Pac Man was just uninteresting aside from the arcade nods that made my child self giddy.

Obviously can't say until I actually try them myself. It's not that I hate them, it's just that they don't excite me. Sonic is the same too, but I actually enjoy using him and I already know how he plays.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
After seeing Palutena Mega Man's moveset felt...a little uninspired if that's the right word to use in terms of specials. I feel like he should have gotten the customizable moveset instead. Also from footage he doesn't exactly seem to have a good playstyle. Pac Man was just uninteresting aside from the arcade nods that made my child self giddy.

Obviously can't say until I actually try them myself. It's not that I hate them, it's just that they don't excite me. Sonic is the same too, but I actually enjoy using him and I already know how he plays.
I think it's cool to be able to use some "Robot Masters" and use some "Arcade Goodies" Megaman and Pac-Man could have some of the best movesets in the entire series.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
The biggest issue with snake being gone is that it took away from a trap play style for Smash.
I haven't noticed any of the new characters with anything even remotely similar.
Apparently Mii Gunners have a remote controller rocket of some sort though. Would be interesting to see what they have in their custom moves.

Lord_Arceus

Smash Rookie
Are you seriously using the slots argument? They are three characters that took up the development time of three characters.

Pokemon Trainer had three completely unique characters despite taking up a single slot, that's just now how it works.
They don't seem unique moveset wise, and all I see is borrowed assets from other Smash characters. I donno, they just seem bland. They're still a cool addition simply for the fact that you can make them look like anyone.

Lord_Arceus

Smash Rookie
The biggest issue with snake being gone is that it took away from a trap play style for Smash.
I haven't noticed any of the new characters with anything even remotely similar.
Apparently Mii Gunners have a remote controller rocket of some sort though. Would be interesting to see what they have in their custom moves.
The Mii Gunner has a remote-control rocket? Isn't that bad news for Snake, since Sakurai seems to be passing on his move-set?
Then again, if Snake is deconfirmed, you could always make a Snake Gunner Mii (or brawler if you prefer CQC)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The Mii Gunner has a remote-control rocket? Isn't that bad news for Snake, since Sakurai seems to be passing on his move-set?
Then again, if Snake is deconfirmed, you could always make a Snake Gunner Mii (or brawler if you prefer CQC)
During the Smash Direct, Sakurai had showed Kirby's new final smash and Marth's costom moves, which resemblance Ike's. Everyone throught that Ike was cut, but then, in May...

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman

*tinfoil hat*

Keifer is voicing a fighting game...

Longshot, yes, but could be he doesn't know much about fighting games.

Mortal Kombat has yet to announce Keifer is a part of it, even after he leaked it and they have never had any big names attached to that franchise (so you think they would announce it) Could see Kojima prodding Keifer to do smash and Keifer defaulting to thinking its Mortal Kombat because its the most well known fighting series due to controversy.

I wouldn't count Snake out entirely just yet..

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Honestly as much as I don't think Snake belongs (Due to MG being a mostly PS franchise, not some nonsense about realistic weapons) I would probably buy him as DLC. He has a good and unique moveset, and I hate the though of using Miis to replicate anyone. This is from someone who almost never buys DLC. This is of course assuming Smash DLC ever happens. Even Snake is more Nintendo than Mercedes after all.

I doubt he will be in the retail version, third party characters are too important to be secret, unless its a second Sonic/Mega Man character.

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Snake not being in Smash 4 seems a little bit strange
I mean ....Sakurai said he didn't want to remove unique characters

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection

"That decision-making process starts with Sakurai forming his own thoughts, but also factors in various surveys, he said. From there, a list of candidates is refined by evaluating their contribution to the game's roster: 'What is the uniqueness of this character? What does this character bring into the Smash Bros. universe? What do they have that other characters don't? How do they complement or contrast other characters?'"

why is he contradicting himself?

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection

"That decision-making process starts with Sakurai forming his own thoughts, but also factors in various surveys, he said. From there, a list of candidates is refined by evaluating their contribution to the game's roster: 'What is the uniqueness of this character? What does this character bring into the Smash Bros. universe? What do they have that other characters don't? How do they complement or contrast other characters?'"

This is one of the biggest questions.
Since he's sp unique to the roster being the only trap character.
Which is why i'm really pushing that he's hopefully DLC. Would make sense to hype up a character pack with a Third Party.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
if Snake is truly cut, I fear there would be DLC for him.
But I would really like to see him back...

If they can't strike a deal to get Snake back with Konami, however, they could, maybe, re-use is moveset style by including a character from either their own ranks, or someone owned by a company they are partnered with...

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
if Snake is truly cut, I fear there would be DLC for him.
But I would really like to see him back...

If they can't strike a deal to get Snake back with Konami, however, they could, maybe, re-use is moveset style by including a character from either their own ranks, or someone owned by a company they are partnered with...

We done got a Capcom rep, SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT MEGAMAN. If they gave Capcom 2 reps then they would have to give SEGA/Namco 2. Besides a moveset takeover would never work. Snake's moveset is mostly CQC and Explosives. Resident Evil mostly use Guns rarely any explosives. I know what your thinking the same rule applies in MGS. No. I can complete (just about) ever MGS game just using CQC or Explosives where in RE you cant.

There's talks about Capcom going bankrupt. if Nintendo buys them I would like to see Jill Valentine sometime later on down the road.

Glorfindel

Smash Rookie
Well, MGS is my all-time favorite franchise, so naturally I want to se Snake in the new game. Even though I didnt learn to play him very well in Brawl. But if he were to return, I would die to see Big Boss as an alt costume. I actually like Big Boss a notch better than Solid Snake tbh.

Last edited:

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
We done got a Capcom rep, SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT MEGAMAN. If they gave Capcom 2 reps then they would have to give SEGA/Namco 2. Besides a moveset takeover would never work. Snake's moveset is mostly CQC and Explosives. Resident Evil mostly use Guns rarely any explosives. I know what your thinking the same rule applies in MGS. No. I can complete (just about) ever MGS game just using CQC or Explosives where in RE you cant.

There's talks about Capcom going bankrupt. if Nintendo buys them I would like to see Jill Valentine sometime later on down the road.
Dude, Wesker!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
On the contrary, in Resident Evil Revelations you are given plenty of explosives.
Explosive trap Panels.
Grenades
Decoys
Rocket Launchers
Grenade Launchers

Snake uses all of these in Brawl.
I pointed out Revelations in particular, because, like many Resident Evil games it (was) originally Nintendo exclusive, for the 3DS.
And it's recent, and on the Wii U as well, so they could promote it by including Jill as seen in Revelations.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yes but the question is which character.

#TeamLeon because RE4 *******.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The play style is what I love about Snake the most. For some odd reason, whenever I play game, I seem to have an affinity for trapping, sealing, disrupting, and shutting down all of my opponents options, all the while frustrating my opponent and throwing them off psychologically. This goes for every game I play: Naruto, Pokémon VG & TCG, and Smash. Snake is the only character in Smash to be able to do this. Like with any other character, such as Fox's hyper-offensive style, or Ice Climbers' grab game, cutting a character means that you lose an entire play style, which is devastating for a game like Smash, because that's what make it such a great competitive game.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
On the contrary, in Resident Evil Revelations you are given plenty of explosives.
Explosive trap Panels.
Grenades
Decoys
Rocket Launchers
Grenade Launchers

Snake uses all of these in Brawl.
I pointed out Revelations in particular, because, like many Resident Evil games it (was) originally Nintendo exclusive, for the 3DS.
And it's recent, and on the Wii U as well, so they could promote it by including Jill as seen in Revelations.
What about the the CQC part. Whenever you encage an enemy in resident you either shoot or Punch or Kick that's it. I think that would be disrespect to replace Snake with someone else. They cant do a moveset swap because nobody in RE can do CQC.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

So looking at this, if snake is cut, it was probably not sakurai's descision. So why exactly is he gone? If nintendo didn't contact Kojima for the rights, then Kojima would have went up and asked. It was probably either konami or nintendo who backed out. If it has to do with the lack of support then that's bull****. There are many games from capcom,Namco, and sega that are skipping nintendo platforms.

And capcom is being the bigger scum. At least konami has some reason to not bring the next mgs and castlevania because they tried with 3ds and failed. But capcom's games actually sold well on nintendo platforms and yet they decide to not bring the sequel to nintendo platforms. They use money they make of nintendo platforms to make games for others.

I really want to know the reason behind the cut, and hope that there is still a chance for him being DLC.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
And capcom is being the bigger scum. At least konami has some reason to not bring the next mgs and castlevania because they tried with 3ds and failed. But capcom's games actually sold well on nintendo platforms and yet they decide to not bring the sequel to nintendo platforms. They use money they make of nintendo platforms to make games for others.

I really want to know the reason behind the cut, and hope that there is still a chance for him being DLC.
Castlevania LOS sold well to. And Konami didn't even make the sequel exclusive to Nintendo when clearly the game's audience was there.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Castlevania LOS sold well to. And Konami didn't even make the sequel exclusive to Nintendo when clearly the game's audience was there.
I thought LOS2 didn't come cause mercury steam didn't have a big enough budget or something.

Mirror of fate sold 130k According vgchartz

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So looking at this, if snake is cut, it was probably not sakurai's descision. So why exactly is he gone? If nintendo didn't contact Kojima for the rights, then Kojima would have went up and asked. It was probably either konami or nintendo who backed out. If it has to do with the lack of support then that's bull****. There are many games from capcom,Namco, and sega that are skipping nintendo platforms.

You make some good points. Kojima went out of his way on live stream to say that that "If Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake." Whenever I think of that statement, I always feel more hopeful about Snake's return.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
You make some good points. Kojima went out of his way on live stream to say that that "If Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake." Whenever I think of that statement, I always feel more hopeful about Snake's return.
He better be DLC with that statement in consideration! XD

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I'm still battling with the question of why he isn't going to be in in the first place?
It's really bothering me more than it should.
There is no reason to cut him. But that's the thing, Sakurai kind of does his own thing when it comes to cuts. I mean, before all of this, Ice Climbers was considered a guaranteed, but now look what's happening....

Top Bottom